[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any artists that are more avant garde than Bull Of Heaven?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
Is there any artists that are more avant garde than Bull Of Heaven?

They made a fucking album that was 3,343,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years long.

In fact, they made an album that looped for infinity. Yeah, they fucking made an album that will never finish. Fuck.

They made an album that was -4 hours long, yes fucking MINUS FOUR HOURS LONG FUCK
>>
>They made a fucking album that was 3,343,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years long.
>they made an album that looped for infinity

Plebs, I only listen to albums that are ∞^∞*∞^∞ long.
>>
>>61140321
>not listening to albums that are ∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞^∞^∞*∞^∞ long
>>
>2 / 0 / 1
embarrassing
>>
>>61140411
Yeah well I want it to bump
>>
>Bull of Heaven is mostly known for its slow, lengthy, unchanging music.
>237: Disordered Before the Naked Picture of Despair is an avant-garde jazz loop.
So... it's just all a fucking gimmick. There's nothing impressive about dragging out boring bullshit.
>>
>>61140519
you ain't gotta lie to kick it my nigga
>>
I'd rather see a band or an artist see how much they can change in a short song! not how much they CANT or WONT change in a really long song!!
>>
>>61140528
They're more of an art/comedy group than a band. Most of their long drone pieces are complete silence with random bloops every few seconds.
>>
>>61140566
That's even lamer.
>>
How exactly does -4 hours work
>>
>>61140528
They're one of those artists that do it for the keks

Like how John cage played a cactus with a feather.

Just doing it because it's fucking crazy, and that's the fun of it.

My friend made an album where he stuck a really small microphone on a wire down his throat and recorded an hour of his body.

Can't remember what it was called though, so the human ambience will not be found
>>
It's interesting, but nothing else.
I think the most impressive thing about the band is how they pack their zip/rar files. Those puzzle files were really cool.
>>
>>61140636
>They're one of those artists that do it for the keks
>keks
You're obviously 14 years old. Makes sense why you would buy into this tripe.
>>
>>61140193

>3,343,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years long

i bet they can't play this live in its entirety
>>
>>61140660
Would you rather me say 'do it for the lulzzz' like a æ fag?

I don't buy into the tripe, do you honestly think ANYONE would listen to their music unironically? I mean, their music is literally just a comedic act.

>oh yeah, this bits my favourite, it's the 500,000th time the saxophone gets looped!
>oh yeah, I loved that bleep noise, but I think the one that was 100 hours before was a bit better

You must be fucking joking.
>>
>>61140711
>Would you rather me say 'do it for the lulzzz' like a æ fag?
I'd rather you talk like a fucking adult.

>do you honestly think ANYONE would listen to their music unironically?
I wouldn't think ANYONE would be stupid enough to buy into it at all. Where is the humor? Just because it's long?
>>
>>61140752
Well, not many artists can say 'hey, I once made an album that literally doesn't even finish. It goes on for infinity."

Imagine that, how much of a fucking cool pass conversation starter it would be.

But you wouldn't know, you seem to be the type of person who doesn't have much conversation IRL, if you sniff my drift
>>
>>61140560
*raises spork*
>>
>>61140796
>Well, not many artists can say 'hey, I once made an album that literally doesn't even finish. It goes on for infinity."
I've done it and it's fucking easy. All you need a cassette deck and an old tape that's been spliced.

>But you wouldn't know, you seem to be the type of person who doesn't have much conversation IRL, if you sniff my drift
The fuck? Just because I don't find gimmicky garbage funny? Because I'm not the lowest common denominator that would find long length loops funny or interesting or entertaining?
>>
>>61140796
it's trite effort-free meme bullshit and you fell for it

even the flaming lips at least put hard work into their dumb meme 24 hour long song, and even then they made an album-length reduction of it for normies. bull of heaven are just bullshitters who do it "for the keks"
>>
>>61140882
Why do you even care dude. You're just being angry for no reason, their discography is interesting and not meant to be taken seriously as a form of music but instead as the band's accomplishment to make it. You on the other hand seem to be taking it seriously which is quite fucking pathetic.

Also, sure let's see you make an album that's longer than 3,343,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years long if you think it's so easy then. Go on, fag.
>>
File: indeks.jpg (4 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
4 KB, 200x150
>>61140344
>not lim of x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x^x when x->∞

plel
>>
>>61140966
Why are you trying so hard to defend it?
>>
>>61141202
Why are you trying so hard to attack it?
>>
>>61140560
/thread
>>
>>61141282
Deflecting because you can't think of anything else to say, eh?

I've clearly stated all of my thoughts on it yet the only merit you claim that this has is because it's supposed to be a joke and because it's long.
>>
>>61140966
>sure let's see you make an album that's longer than 3,343,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years long if you think it's so easy then. Go on, fag.
he said in the post you responded to he already did it. you're getting pretty mad there buddy
>>
>>61140193
literally two guys who got bored and found audacity
>>
>>61141408
>He said it, which means he did it

Nice logic rightfully there buddy

>>61141380
My point is, why do you care? All you've been doing is being a boring ass nigga who can't take a joke. You seem like the type of person who would drive all the way down to a toothpaste factory so you can buy it as fresh as possible.
>>
Reminder that Weed Problem II-V was unironically the best album of 2014.

Reminder that A Ghost Prehistoric Pt 1 and 2 was a better set of post-rock tracks than the recent GY!BE album (which may or may not be saying much depending on how you see things, but still).
>>
>>61141539
>All you've been doing is being a boring ass nigga who can't take a joke.
lol yeah, that guy probably tries making serious criticisms of the gerogerigegege from time to time
>>
>>61141539
>He said it, which means he did it
I did do it because it's literally as easy as I said. Google tape loops.

>a boring ass nigga who can't take a joke.
I can take a joke. I just don't see the humor.

>You seem like the type of person who would drive all the way down to a toothpaste factory so you can buy it as fresh as possible.
And with this, I'm done talking to you. You're reaching too far for me to take you serious. Have fun with your boring gimmicks, kiddo.
>>
>>61141668
>I can take a joke. I just don't see the humor.
The humor comes from pissing off overly serious RYM types who are self-styled amateur critics who can't find the joy in playful absurdity.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.