[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/ im looking to getting into drumming and had a question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Hey /mu/ im looking to getting into drumming and had a question for you guys, what is a good beginner drumset and what would be a good price range to start off on?
>>
Bumpity
>>
If you're looking for a good and new starter try the Ludwig Accents; I started on them and still use them and they've held up well. Also try looking at the pearl forum or, really, any starter set from any brand (those examples I know from personal experience) Most sets like that will run about $450-$500 but then you'll probably want to upgrade the cymbals because the'll probably be beyond bad.
However, if you're willing, check your local craigslist and look for a cheap used set with cymbals(there are tons and chances are they'll thrown in half decent cymbals), and slap some good heads on them because remember, so long as you put decent heads on and tune them right, it will sound pretty decent.

If you're willing tell me the area where you live so I could check craigslist and point out a good deal to you
>>
I wouldn't recommend by a beginner drumset (i've been playing drums for two years and have the the exact drum set in the picture, the cymbals featured in it are complete trash and ive had numerous problems with stands breaking, pedals breaking etc.) a good drum set to start with in my opinion is the questlove shell pack and buy the best crash, ride, hihats you can afford (cymbal packs are a great way to start)
>>
>>61000278
this op

just get a basic kit and if you eventually find something bad like the cymbals upgrade them piece by peice
>>
either go really cheap and get a basic used set for like 200 or so, from local music stores or CL, and go wild on them
or, go ahead and get a respectable, intermediate full standard set, and take some time learning it. should be around 600 to 800
but don't get a new, "official beginner's set" for like half a grand, that's pointless
>>
>>61000278
I live in the seattle Tacoma area. How wouldi know good cymbals from bad?
>>61000376
Is guitar center a good place to search?
They're really popular.
>>
>>61000934
You could tell good cymbals by the sound, though that varies by person. Me personally, so long as it sounds nice and clean and not like pots and pans, its fine.

Big brands and what models you should look at from them:

Sabian (my personal choice)- XS20, AA, HH, HHX, and AAX
Paiste- Alpha, 2002, Signatures, and Giant Beats
Zildjian- A Customs and K Customs
Meinl- Soundcaster, Classics, and Byzance

Those are some good ones to check out and they all vary in sound in one way or another so there's some variation. Remember, with a little time and effort you could find most of these for really cheap. A year or so ago I got an 18" 2002 crash for like $120 compared to like $260 new and it was basically brand new, minus some fingerprints. Guitar Center is a great place to look, that's where I've gotten all of my cymbals, along with a great deal.
>>
Buy a small kit. Snare, bass, one tom, Hi hat, crash, ride. Get good with that and then expand, only if you want to, as a drummer I'll say its more impressive and sounds better if a drummer can get creative with so little.
>>
>>61000934
https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/5342909914.html
Assuming you could get him to throw in the cymbals and stands for <$300this would be a phenomenal deal

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/5350159025.html
This isn't too bad a deal. Sure the ZBTs sound obviously cheaper, but for starting, it isn't too bad Also he's throwing in some muffling rings, a cowbell, cymbals, stands, double bass pedal, and relatively fresh heads. A great overall starter kit

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/msg/5355893968.html
This one seems like a good deal too. Can't see the cymbals too well, so I can't give too much advice there but chances are they'll be good enough if not better
>>
>>60999756
Buy the cheapest, most broken kit you can find. Spend rest of the money on drugs, booze or whatever pushes you to practice every day.
>>
>>61001095
Thanks for the advice, i will check out guitar center to see what i can afford.
>>61001187
Thank you for taking the time to look that up man appreciate it.
>>
>>61001226
No problem, man (bot posts were mine lol) But yeah, if you're gonna get into drumming, I wanna make sure you know what to look for so that you could get the best deal. If you get a good deal on a good set, from the beginning, it'll keep you from having to upgrade when you get decent at it, saving headaches down the road.

Also remember to learn your rudiments, it really does go a long way
>>
any of the cheap tama or pearl drumsets are fine....its better to get them new rather than used because thyre so cheap anyways and used "student models" tend to be not taken care of very often
>>
File: received_476783465829749.jpg (69 KB, 960x562) Image search: [Google]
received_476783465829749.jpg
69 KB, 960x562
I bought this for £250, is it good?
>>
>>61001359
Looks good but it depends; what model is that?
>>
>>61001392
All I know is that it's sonar, I think he said he bought it for like £750
>>
>>61001432
Looked around and it seems to be a Sonor Force 3005. It seems to be going for around $500-$600 which is around £329-£395 for you. So yeah you got a pretty good deal there
>>
>>61001623
Niiice
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.