[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>/prod thread, the inspiration edition

Since the site crashed, burned, and lost the last one, let's get another /prod/ thread going.

Not gonna bother with the copypasta since half the fucking pastebin links don't work.

>What in your life inspires your music?
>Who are your top three influences, whether they're friends or famous people?
>When was the last time you jammed with real people?

Let's shitpost, people!
>>
File: 5825494.png (27 KB, 311x290) Image search: [Google]
5825494.png
27 KB, 311x290
>Inspiration edition
>Not "post mono midi and fucking die" edition

Really dropped the ball on that one, amigo.
>>
https://clyp.it/cdzgylaa

So I got a Tascam DP-006 and this was the first track that I've made with it. I'm still learning to use the thing, so be gentle.

I used the following:

>A Tascam DP-006 four-track recorder
>The Korg DSN Synthesizer on 3DS
>A Boss DR-670 Dr. Rhythm Drum Machine
>An Electrix Warpfactory Vocoder

I just got the vocoder and Tascam a few days ago so I'm still figuring both of them out.

I used the DSN Synthesizer to make my synth riffs and as the vocoder carrier.
>>
Does anyone have an Arturia Microbrute? I asked for one for Christmas and am really hoping [spoiler]Santa Claus[/spoiler] brings me one.
>>
>>60932909
Ya. It's pretty nice. Anything you want to know about it.
>>
>>60933694

Which does it do better at? Bass sounds or leads? I hope it does both fairly well. It would be my first hardware synth so I have a lot to learn.
>>
>>60933773
It does both pretty well, it's a bit like an angry sh101 imo.
>>
File: jack-joseph-puig-studio-gear.jpg (158 KB, 630x387) Image search: [Google]
jack-joseph-puig-studio-gear.jpg
158 KB, 630x387
>tfw you have all the /prod/ stuff you need but no muse to inspire you and create music with
i've hit a rut /prod/. my juices are all dried up and bitter.
>>
>>60934066
start doing remixes or covers until the inspiration comes senpai

i've been doing a cover/imitation of something and had it mutate into its own unique track several times in the past
>>
Am I correct in assuming there's no way to use Logic on windows even if I paid for it?

Or is there some saving grace?
>>
>tfw watching video tutorials on how to use Ableton
>realise I'm a fucking idiot and have been doing everything the hard way
>>
>>60934066
Same. Except it's always some dumb shit like "I'll do it after I acquire X equipment, then making tracks will be really great."
>>
>>60934514
this is the kind of gearfaggotry I try to avoid... but i've fallen into it multiple times o'er the years. sometimes i've been 100% right - i've really benefited from buying stuff, other times i've bought stuff in a haste, that ended-up not being that critical afterall.
>>
>>60934514
>if only I had the right VSTi my music would be much better

I feel you breh, making excuses is too easy
>>
File: 1445223222891.png (239 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1445223222891.png
239 KB, 1280x720
can't really play guitar anymore so i was thinking about getting into this shit cause i have too many ideas without a place in a song and i need to get something going

what do you recommend as a DAW to start with? REAPER?
>>
>>60934581
Honestly just download a few and test them out, it's mostly about personal preferences and feel, there's almost nothing inportant that "X daw can do but Y can't" but each have their own pros and minuses.

Personally I love Ableton and everytime I try anything I just think "I wish I was in Ableton right now"
>>
any of you adept or decent at mastering? i might have a small job for you. you'll make some burger money
>>
>>60934066
try getting some real life experience to inspire you, not trying to be a dick but its something thats helped me
>>
MS-20 Mini or Minibrute for jamming with an electric guitar, and making synth-punk/dream pop?
>>
>>60933773
>which does it do better?

Nigga almost all synths are capable of doing a good anything sound you can think of.
>>
So when is arturia going to make the a 4 voice minibrute that operates like a mono/poly?
>>
>>60934776
>try getting some real life experience to inspire you
Can you explain this?
>>
>>60935048
Not him but I just like walking through meadows to watch the summer sunrise, and sit as the sun warms my face.

Cliche as fuarrrrrrk but it's romantic as fuarrrk too.

Recommend it (y)
>>
>>60932723
Thinspiration Edition.
>>
I recently bought Komplete Elements for the Black Friday sale and I wanted to try out the strings in an arrangement. How does it sound?

https://clyp.it/30r4shgn
>>
File: Stgstv.png (830 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Stgstv.png
830 KB, 600x600
>>60932707
The prospect of one day making music that affects people to make more music
The first animal collective album, Elliot Smith's songwriting style on his s/t album, and early dirty projectors
Maybe a year ago. I don't jam often since I want to write my own album first, which is dumb but for some reason I like the way I work
>>
File: dubs.jpg (22 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
22 KB, 500x385
>>60935377
Oh wow I got dubs. Guess that's gonna make me a good songwriter r-right /mu/?
>>
>>60935520
:)
>>
>>60935530
I'm a semi-future professional engineer and so I'm always curious to see what other musician/hobbyists/future musicians know about this stuff
>>
>>60934581
reaper is mostly for tracking type shit. if u want to get into something with sequencing capabilities get the FL and Ableton demos, see which you like more.
>>
>>60932707
>>What in your life inspires your music?
initially it was transitioning from listening to mostly dadrock to listening to a bunch of alternative hip hop and electronic stuff and wanting to make music like that instead of continuing to play guitar and drums by myself in my basement, then it was discovering all the possibilities of recording my own sounds and fucking with them and sampling the cassettes that had been lying around my house since before i was born, now i'm kinda just burnt out in terms of inspiration. i still enjoy making music, but i havent finished anything in a long time
>>Who are your top three influences, whether they're friends or famous people?
hot sugar, el-p, and tobacco
>>When was the last time you jammed with real people?
quite a while, pretty sure it was when i was showing my one friend the ropes of producing like 2 and a half years ago
>>
>>60934787
Bumping for answer
>>
>>60935871
Nigga do you like BMSR?
>>
how do i make this not sound like shit

https://clyp.it/dxxdfiwu
>>
>>60935906
i do, but i like tobacco's solo stuff a little bit more
>>
>>60936003
It's definitely a bit more raw and closer to beats and hip hop. I'm a fan of early BMSR when they were like Boards of Canada mixed with acoustic guitars.
>>
>>60935925
some reverbs or delays or something. some other instruments too... drums at the very least. also it sounds like the piano isn't looping quite right (unless that was done intentionally)
>>
File: FOTD952.jpg (671 KB, 2697x1518) Image search: [Google]
FOTD952.jpg
671 KB, 2697x1518
so I learned last week that my friend has a Roland D-50 is his closet that's never been used and pretty beat to hell. He finally brought over today so I could see if it works. I turned it on but it seems like only two menu buttons work, the Mono Out just had noise and the Phones jack was just silent.

Is it worth it to try and get it fixed, keep in mind though I'll probably have to ship it somewhere since there's nowhere in my city that works in synths.
>>
File: 1448353720779.png (523 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1448353720779.png
523 KB, 960x540
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fixD991258

Where do I get a good set of 90s lo-fi jungle drum samples? Like I want a VST / soundfront etc to work with as a noobie
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (441 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
441 KB, 1600x1200
SHINY AND CHROME
>>
>>60937090
http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/

akaizer and to stretch the sounds (4chan will not let me link the site)
>>
File: 1439746873969.jpg (90 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
1439746873969.jpg
90 KB, 740x740
>>60935553
>musicians
Top kek
>>
File: 1438914956252.jpg (17 KB, 214x247) Image search: [Google]
1438914956252.jpg
17 KB, 214x247
>>60937122
Thanks, that is helpful.

I looked around at 16-bit drum samplers and the Alesis HR-16 seems to have the exact samples I'm looking for, should work.
>>
Blogging, because bored.
So after working with Bitwig for a while, I have to say it feels a little like a missed opportunity.
These days I only run Winblows for DAWs and I really thought Bitwig could fill the niche nicely and pave the way for a complete and user-friendly Linux music production environment, but I'm left a little disappointed.
>>
I have to get this off my chest...
ambient fags are the worst
>>
>>60938125
Random, but okay.
>>
>>60938125
experimental are worse, t b h
mostly because experimental is codeword for put "everything through guitar pedals for no reason" on bandcamp
>>
>>60932707
Times of sadness as cliche as it sounds.

But maybe real life happenings in general - just out of the blue weird shit that happens infrequently

>>Who are your top three influences,
whether they're friends or famous people?
Nakata Yasutaka (Preferably his earlier shit), Brian Wilson, and recently Timbaland for some reason.

I dunno I've been growing a soft spot for the well produced poppy stuff as of recent, i guess

2012 kek
>>
>>60932707

I have been thinking about this for a while. Its pretty much counterpoint principles and discovering new modes and their intersectionality at this point. I do piano improv and I'm figuring out different ways to arrive different places. No heartbreak or emotions, just musical lines.

Don't know, I just play. I'm a little like Keith Jarret, but less structured.

2004. A post rock foursome, me on bass. Pretty good fun but didn't go further than a few chords each start.
>>
>>60934273
You're correct.
But since Logic Pro X is shit this is not an issue, fortunately
>>
>>60937095
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0eJY95rMY
>>
>What in life inspired your music?
Music has been my drug for years. Instead of getting into bad shit as a kid like everyone else I'd listen to Radiohead or some shit, and it made it all worth it.

>Top 3 influences?
Anthony Gonzalez of m83
Aphex Twin
Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine

Shit, 3 years ago?
>>
>>60934273
You can get a 10 year old version of logic if you really wanted to use it on windows.
>>
>>60934836
Akai has one that does that right now...
>>
>>60935201
Sounds like komplete elements
>>
>>60932909
>>60933694
>>60933773
>>60933836
I really wanted one when they were first announced, but I think I'd buy an MS-20 Mini over it. Although the price gap is huge here.

>>60934273
Isn't Logic really outdated now?
>Ask friend for advice on some DAWs
>Sends back how I may as well not bother since Logic is the best and I'm on Windows

>>60934787
I'd say MS-20. I was going to use one with diffusion to get really washed out tones like I do with guitar.

Everything here is my guitar. It's all done direct (mic stands are in storage), so the quality is nothing special. The lead has the effects I wanted to use on a synth.
https://clyp.it/fvrmsbgj

>>60934581
I agree with >>60935807 I use REAPER a lot, but only really for doing quick demos and what not.
>>
>>60938125
>>60938451
Actually noise
>>
>>60939417
Should have added the stipulation that it's actually good... The timbre wolf sounds worse than free vsts.
>>
>>60935925
Your track inspired me to make this.

https://clyp.it/5orio1ey
>>
I don't anything about production but am super interested in getting into it, I downloaded FL studio.

Amidoinitrite?
>>
>>60938125
>>60939493
I write a lot of ambient music. I'm always playing a melody or riff or whatever though. It can sound really washed out but I'm always doing something.

I've run into tons of guys who make that sort of music who are just making noise to make noise though.

I got asked to do a collaboration awhile back and the guy sent me a thirty minute clip of feedback for us to "build on". I was really confused.
>>
>>60939575
Yes, you picked a DAW. Now you need to watch tutorials and read the manual.
>>
>>60939438
Kek
>>
>>60939579
Yeah I don't get noise at all. It's like people playing with a synth for the first time, and don't know how to make something with rhythm.

>sweeping filters with some reverb
>wow, this should be a genre of music
>>
(serious) do any of you guys sing? is it worth learning how to or rapping I feel a lot of my songs which are basically just instrumental hip hop are getting slept on because I have no lyrics. the ones where I sample choruses get way more views.
>>
>>60939694
If you have a deep enough voice I would say it's worth it. The vocals on this are what elevate it from an above average track to a stunning one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3q-xMMctEI
>>
>>60939624
Always reminds me of this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX2h1nJEeZY

Check out the clip I posted here >>60939458 if you want to hear the sort of basis I usually work with. I keep layering, but that's just the guitars for an idea I was playing around with.

>>60939694
I've been meaning too. Right now I just do it to take the piss.
https://clyp.it/4d4ljjy4
https://clyp.it/tetmbdch
>>
https://clyp.it/4i1yheis

Don't know where to go with this one. :/
>>
>>60939733
tracks are very high-mid range heavy
>>
sup /prod/

so i took that mono midi track i made for the uni-sample challenge the other day and de-memeified it. better? worse?

https://clyp.it/2jmgnf50
>>
https://clyp.it/prkls513
might lay some lyrics on this, watcha think?
>>
>>60940272
The ambient stuff? Like I said, that clip was just the guitars. Well before I added anything else in.
>>
typically other artists music, unique production techniques, or strong personal emotions.

whether i like it or not, I recognize the following have shaped me the most:
NIN (and the production team members)
Radiohead
late 90s Breakbeat & Trance

2 years ago i did a short jam sesh with a buddy of mine.
we made this https://clyp.it/4axdix40
(he played the chords on guitar, i did the overall prod and arrangement)
>>
>>60932707
Everything, I know it's generic but everything that happens in my life makes me want to make music.

John Williams, Skrillex, Savant

January 2015, I played piano in a jazz big band for the whole month.
>>
>>60932707
>Ableton Push
>MS20 mini
>Volca Bass
>some guitar effects and Roland Demora delay

The only question left is what music to make.
>>
attepts at relationships, nights out, shows and other art

the people who take that spot change a lot, right now as of like recent weeks its been The Weeknd, Max B, and Fetty Wap

yesterday my homie showed me some of his new songs
>>
>>60939458
be careful, all you read about the ms20 hissing like shit is true. if you want to make very clean sounds it is the wrong synth.
>>
Is a Korg is50 in any way usable? Saw it at a pawn shop.
>>
decay. stretched out single string guitar plucks. pictures of trees in the shade. song titles that pretend to be deep and have nothing to do with music. dick.
other ambient fags
does getting jammed in the ass count?
>>
>>60942224
>2015
>hardware
kek
>>
>>60942244
>>60942254
oh boy, /teenprod/ strikes again
>>
>>60942493
as opposed to "hey guys, look at me, I buy shitty old keyboards and vinyl records at the flea market, am I cool yet?"
>>
>>60942532
>look at me
>am I cool yet?
you're clearly just projecting your own desire for attention on to other people because you can't own up to the fact that you're a self-important douchebag lol
>>
>>60942532
wow dude you're so fucking cool for hating on people having fun

I don't know if you're just being a contrarian, or if you're too poor to have hardware or whatever, but you're not impressing anyone doing this.
>>
>>60942578
did they teach you that one over at the Steve Hoffman forums?
>>
>>60942602
well i dont even know who that is so... no?
>>
>>60932707
i only listen to the music i make, im my own inspiration.
i got thousands of GBs worth of music that will never be released cuz 99% of people wouldn't even grasp the meaning of it.
i also have a tank. ;););););)
>>
>>60932707
When my friends like it, even if I don't. When I learn a new trick or something, I like that shit a lot. When someone asks if I can record them.
>>Who are your top three influences, whether they're friends or famous people?
Tim Kasher, Mom and Dad
yesterday
>>
>>60942666
richard, is it true that you've been doing ghost-production under the moniker "DJ Mustard"?
>>
>>60934066

Look around for forums for collaborations or song competitions.

Collabs will help you get started more easily because some one else is also providing material and you can bounce ideas off of each other.

Contests are good because they give you a focus and a concrete idea of what you are aiming for rather than you sat with Logic open hoping some magic will happen when you hit your keyboard with your fist!
>>
>>60938989
>But since Logic Pro X is shit this is not an issue, fortunately
I have been using Logic since back when it was cross platform and not owned by Apple, there isn't anything wrong with it at all and it's far from "shit". In Fact Logic is pretty much industry standard along with Cubase and pro tools.
Can someone please explain to me what these new DAWs can do that Logic can't and what makes Logic outdated?
>>
>>60935089
This.
Get out of the city and do it. Or go kayaking.
>>
File: stand.png (60 KB, 588x328) Image search: [Google]
stand.png
60 KB, 588x328
I've been doing some live shows now with all my synths and need a much better setup, I'm sick of leaning over small tables for 40 minutes, it kills my back.
I use a couple volcas, monotribe, ms20mini, and various other effects boxes and mini synths for my music, so I'm constantly fiddling and working on knobs.
I've been thinking about getting a stand like this, probably top row much larger synths and bottom row smaller synths with Velcro onto a wooden board, anyone have any other recommendations for playing live standing up? I hope this stand will be strong and tall enough.
>>
>>60942106
Dub techno
>>
The urban markets of the world and the possibilities within the gear I use. I haven't really figured out how to channel inspiration yet, but the music still gets made.

Warp Records (as a whole), Solvent, and my good friend Paul Deppler.

A month or so ago, did some laptop trading with my musical soul mate.
>>
Guys, I bought a Korg Ms20 mini a few months ago and I still havent come around starting to learn it. I need inspiration, maybe someone had a similiar experience starting out with synthesisers?
>>
>>60942254
>>2015
>>hardware
>kek
I really dont get this stance on hardware. Have a look at any musician and they no doubt will have hardware in their studio 90% of the time?
>>
hello prod, can I ask for some feedback?

I think this track sounds cheesy as hell, but I kind of like the build up and the chorus but the first part is kind of wank

https://clyp.it/zc3vz4hd

what do you think? be brutally honest please. wip so i haven't really done much mixing. will have vocals once it is done

thanks guys
>>
>>60943151
it's a troll, nobody actually hates synths and drum machines and effects boxes except for geriatric rockists
>>
>>60942106
This sounds like my ideal setup, I have a Volca bass and Maschine studio and I'd really like a MS20m as my next synth.
>>
>>60943121
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ04PwFvui1BCUAE9wxmOqHE51mrDv8Ui

See you in three hours.
>>
>>60943121
I'm not sure what to say about that. I bought the iMS20 app for my iPad a while back and can easily lose a day just fucking around with it, I'd imagine actually owning one would be even easier to use with it being more hands on. Just plug it in and explore some of its sounds or maybe buy something like the korg SQ1 to sequence it?
>>
>>60943098
Get pic related and bang up a setup including either
A) A couple of tasteful wooden planks or similar objects to mount on the stand and velcro your gear to (just like you said) or
B) Get one of these or a similar product, added protection bonus http://www.korg.com/us/products/accessories/dj_gb_1/
>>
>>60942188
What would you recommend? I dig it's fairly aggressive sound, but I do want a synth to pair with my guitar for ambient music too.
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 1287x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 1287x1242
What's more important in making your final mix sound excellent,

Dynamics/Volume or cutting out unnecessary frequencies?
>>
>>60943743
probably frequencies, but dynamics/volume are also very important
>>
>make minimal beats on FL studio
>import them into audacty
>record voice/guitar over them
Would it be better for me to just play over a click on audactity and import them into fl?
Also are there any other tricks that would help me out?
>>
>>60939724
to me that sounds a lot like a modulated voice, much like what kendrick does all the time
>>
>>60943799
What's your usual process?
>>
File: felix.jpg (109 KB, 807x807) Image search: [Google]
felix.jpg
109 KB, 807x807
I'm insecure about my mastering ability, feel like the basslines might be too loud or even distorted unintentionally... Then again I've been struggling with my headphones situation. Does it sound off to anyone else? Any suggestions?
And does anyone else have the problem with FL that the export never actually sounds as in the program itself?

https://soundcloud.com/the-vizier/comeback
>>
>>60943831

I know edison in FL has some nice de-noising you might wanna try out. And you can also add more mixer effects when you do it the other way around, audacity just doesn't really offer real time functionality like that.
>>
>>60943831
>audacity
Ouch.
>>
>>60943932
yeah sometime I hope to do the whole shure into focusrite thing but for now I just use my blue yeti into audcacity.
Is there some other freeware I could use?>>60943916
Thanks
>>
>>60943969
imo you're better off using edison in FL.
>>
>>60943880
i'm not super experienced with this kind of stuff but i use proQ for all my eqing, i like to throw it on the master track and use the solo function to go up and down the frequency spectrum with a band that isn't boosting or cutting to get a basic sense of what's clashing and where and then eq the individual tracks based on that

i also sometimes use the eq on the master to see if boosts/cuts in certain areas will make things sound better.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 845x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 845x523
>>60944055
Appreciated.
>>
>buy shitty yamaha keyboard with no touch sensitivity and mediocre sounds for $20 a couple of months back
>see somebody else selling the same one for $120 today
my god lol, people are shameless.
>>
Do you guys know any other musicians?

What are they like?

You ever work with them?
>>
>>60945172

I know a guy who's in a Screamo band and we all take bets on how long it takes for him to bring it up in conversation.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being excited about music, but you gotta rein that shit in a little bit.
>>
>>60945172

I know several other musicians. They're pretentious as fuck. Like, everything they have to do has to have some deeper meaning. An EDM track has be an instrumental about triumph. Lyrics don't ever rhyme and they're always about changing the world through being an individual.

I write because I love it and have fun. Not because I want to change the world or some shit.
>>
> can't afford to buy diva this side of Christmas
>rendering tracks using demo version a bar at a time trying to avoid the random white noise bursts

I can't be the only one to have done this
>>
>>60935871

OP here, are you me? I fucking love Tobacco and I even went out and bought an Electrix Warpfactory Vocoder so I could play with it, just like he does. I don't want to be him, but I want to have his capabilities, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>60945172
I'm in a label and get to work with and talk to other musicians on a regular basis, from there and out of there too.

I'm almost always underwhelmed by how a lot of people have poor work ethics.
>>
>>60945305
makes total sense, i dont want tobacco vocals exactly, but every time i've attempted to get something similarly cool or interesting out of a vocoder it's just like "holy shit how does he do it???"
>>
making a song
#fusion #jazz
currently building a solo around it, do you fancy it ?
appreciate any kind of input
(solo builds up around 1:00)
pd: solo would be eventually played on e.guitar

https://clyp.it/dmmz3l2t
>>
>>60945431

I've been experimenting with different stuff. Like, until I get a Microbrute, I'm using my 3DS Korg DSN Synthesizer as the Vocoder Carrier and it gives some neat sounds.
>>
https://clyp.it/drjhmdcy

thoughts? it's before any real kind of mixdown or mastering so a little raw
>>
Hey /prod/, I have been using FL Studio for a while, never used anything else. And I just downloaded Ableton 9, just to try it out. And I don't understand a fucking thing. I tried sampling something and I don't even know how to play the sample, let alone how to slice it. How should I get started?
>>
>>60945909
read some tutorials, for starters
>>
>>60939565
how did you make that
>>
>>60938125
nah vaporfags are a million times worse because
they think they're amazing for sampling.

But I will admit, ambient, noise, plunderphonics, etc fags indicates to me you cant write a song so you just make boring shit. I don't mind an a noise track or two, but that's your whole creative output? boring
>>
>>60945245
>not writing things to have deeper/multiple meanings

Stay pleb
>>
i'm currently using Orchestral Tools Berlin Strings. Has anyone ever messed with them before? i'm not sure how to mix orchestral stuff.
>>
>>60945470
pretty cool honestly. add an a. bass in there, though
>>
>>60932707

Can someone post a signal chain jpeg for how to use hardware compressors/EQs with an interface? Do I need some kind of hardware mixer?
>>
quick question /prod/: how do i make it so that when the snare and kick drum hit at the same time it doesn't dramatically increase in volume?
i know it has something to do with compression but i just started experimenting with that and i'm lost as can be
>>
>>60946772
i'm not gonna bother making or finding a picture of it, but wouldn't it just be the outs from your interface going to the ins of your eq/compressor and the outs of your eq/compressor going to the ins of your interface?
>>
>>60946810
volume automation maybe?

the kick and the snare are usually among the loudest things in the song though, it seems natural that the volume would go up a lot
>>
hey guys, something i've been working on:
https://clyp.it/ur0xkuqu

what do you think?
>>
>>60935402
yes
>>
>>60943098
I recommend getting a z-style stand instead of an x-style stand like that one. Every x stand that I've had has wobbled like crazy, but z stands are rock solid.
>>
>>60947508
sounds like you just didnt purchase a quality x stand. there are some bad cheapo versions out there. I know Quiklok is a good brand.

>>60943098
that is a shit x style stand. don't get it, it will not last. a quality 2 tier stand is usually $75+
>>
Which would give me a better sound out of my shitty Cardioid mic? A decent pre-amp or a decent hardware compressor?

I'm not necessarily looking for god-send quality, but I want something that will add a unique color to the clean vocals on my tracks. I'd prefer something hardware.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>60947205
pretty good stuff anon, cool vibe.

few things i'd suggest.

Change up your pad chords more. Your initial lead sound is really good, the chords should better compliment that. So instead of 2 chords, make it 4 chords. (and possibly switch out a chord every other phrase). Nothing to too drastic, maybe just inversions of the first 2 chords.

The drums that come in around 2:08 stay in too long. I think those would work better as a fill before the next phrase. I would take them out at 2:13, and immediately bring in the new drum beat (that currently comes in at 2:27).

I think you should remove everything from 2:50-3:30. A subdued part that long isn't really needed, especially when there is an even quieter part that follows.
>>
>>60947687
There are x stands out there that are more stable than the cheaper versions, but a z stand is always going to be more stable. You want to be able to trust your stand particularly when playing live.

I've got a two-tier z stand holding up a Prophet '08 and a Korg SV-1. I would be afraid of everything crashing to the floor if it were on a two tier x-stand instead.
>>
>>60948000
also bump
>>60939806
>>
>>60948036
I've got a z stand too. They are sturdy, but they are heavier and not adjustable.

for an x stand, you just need to make sure it has a 200lb weight limit and it should be good for those synths.

i've also got an ultimate apex stand, which is just god awful.
>>
>>60946270
REAPER and Komplete.
>>
>>60945820

Anyone? I'm far too close to it at the moment so I'm aware it may sound like ass but I would appreciate some fresh objective ears
>>
>>60945820
>https://clyp.it/drjhmdcy
this is good, great progressions happening.

the only thing i don't like the is the amount of off beat percussion happening. with the kick and other instrumental elements happening so straight/even on the grid, having that much off rhythm stuff makes it too jagged. I'd try leaving just the clap and getting rid of all the other off beat stuff.
>>
>>60948913
Thanks for your feedback
>>
https://clyp.it/jppropgt

curious if anybody has thoughts
>>
>>60948000
Hey, congrats on the trips, but I'm totally trolling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfdPkM_VDVQ

Sorry!
>>
>>60949746
you sure are a cool guy anon, what a wacky and random thing to do XD
>>
>>60948000
Pretty interesting hearing someone criticize an Aphex Twin track without hearing one. I was listening to SAW I/II a few months back and was thinking that it didn't age well.
>>
>>60948000
haha now you look stupid
>>
>>60950076
without knowing it's one*
>>
who /acid/ here?
>>
man i have so much garbage accumulated in my sampling folder, i have no idea how i thought some of this shit would be sampleable lol

anybody else feel the same way?
>>
>>60950183
Been spending a lot of time programming patterns recently. I came up with the idea of reverse accenting my patterns. IE normal notes are accented and non accented notes are ghost notes.
>>
>>60934066
>>60934576
>>60934514
tip: go out of your typical environment, physically. take your laptop, maybe a small keyboard and post up in a coffeeshop, park, library, etc. you might look like a bit of a tool, but i've accidentally produced good things in airports and lounges, away from my gear and comfortable "studio" or desk space. you just focus more on what you want done and work with a far more limited toolkit to make the most of what there is. i developed some weird techniques like this while experimenting and still consistently apply these tricks in my productions. lots of processing and re-sampling. etc.
note: i feel like this might be easier with some DAWs. i use ableton and it's jsut so flexible that you can do this easily. it might be less comfortable in other environments. idk.

>>60934836
why would they? the price point would probably be totally unreasonable for the market they have built for themselves. but then agian.... a 4 voice polybrute with a beatstep style sequencer section and microbrute modular patchbay? actually... i wish that would happen somehow...
I still want just desktop module versions of the brutes because fuck the minikeys and i already have a keyboard. mainly use the mini as a processor.
>>
>>60950334
programming on 303? or what kind of box u using? I tend to write a lot by MIDI coz it's easier to be more melodic that way but for real acid basslines, the machine itself is the best. TT-303 here.
>>
Are there any tutorials for getting better with finger drumming, or programming drums from pads? I have some cool kits and stuff but I'm fucking awful at making patterns. Or this just a practice until you get it right kinda thing?
>>
>>60950504
I'm also using a TT-303. I usually sketch out the rhythm with on the drum track toms then program it in. For some reason I feel like the patterns sound better with the on board sequencer, but when I A/B tested it they sounded the same.
>>
>>60950521
practice. know in your head what you sort of want to get in the end. write more patterns without drumming them, just to see what they look like, giving you an idea of how things hang in relation to each other so that it's easier to drum out, conceptually. listen to more music to absorb patterns. look up DJTTs mad zach.
>>
any sampling vsts that can load mp3s and can handle pitch and speed independently? i was making do with kontakt but i really dont wanna have to convert to wav every time i have an mp3 to sample

also if you want to see the most cringey forum discussion on this topic ever, here it is
https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/please-dont-tell-me-that-you-cant-load-mp3s-inside-kontakt.104946/
>>
>>60950521
>>60950603
I'm in the same boat. I have all of these guitar parts and vocal tracks but I can't put together a decent drum track for the life of me. Always sounds way off.
>>
>>60950603

Alright fair enough, thanks man. Nothing left to do, but to get to it.
>>
File: tb303big.jpg (113 KB, 1167x609) Image search: [Google]
tb303big.jpg
113 KB, 1167x609
guys do you have any tips for how to come up with basslines on a 303? i understand how it all works but do you just try to follow a pattern or do you write out which notes to press? ive just been going and pressing keys in patterns, should i be going into it trying to follow certain notes or is just pressing keys in a pattern and then seeing how it sounds how people come up with patterns. much thanks
>>
>>60950708
also curious about this
>>
>>60950708
>>60951050
What daw do you guys use? In ableton you can change the time and pitch by just dropping the clip in.
>>
>>60951109
i use ableton, i know what you're referring to but i want the ability to play a sample across the keyboard at different pitches without affecting the tempo which you can only do with a pretty impractical workaround in ableton (mapping a note range to a sample in complex/pro, which doesn't let you record patterns in the session view and makes you have to hit the root note every time you play back what you recorded in arrangement so it plays at the right pitch)
>>
>>60939565
that sounds tight man
>>
File: 1358642218293.png (41 KB, 197x204) Image search: [Google]
1358642218293.png
41 KB, 197x204
>>60950708
>sampling mp3s
>>
>>60951279
>caring about your sample material in that way

I sample right off youtube. Fight me
>>
>>60951279
lol you're just like those douchebags in the native instruments forum thread i linked
>>
File: 1359058165287.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1359058165287.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>60951305
>implying it's wrong to care about the quality of the audio you sample
>not knowing the satisfaction of looking at your finished track through a spectrogram and seeing the beauty of a full, clean frequency spectrum unmolested by the destructive forces of lossy compression
>>
>>60951279
>>60951305
>>60951400
>>60951407
Doesn't sampling mp3 sort of defeat the purpose? You should be trying to work in the cleanest and highest quality you can...
>>
>>60951407
>implying you can
fugg off
>>
>>60951407
>implying it's wrong to care about the quality of the audio you sample
nobody implied that

it's wrong to care about the quality of the audio that other people sample though, like you did here >>60951279
that just makes you sound like a jackass
>>60951479
no because that's not "the purpose" for everyone. i'm not gonna redownload the bbc sound effects library in wav, i already have it in mp3 and it's fucking enormous lol
>>
>>60951279
>>60951407
>>60951479
This is the path to producing technically correct muzak
>>
>>60951520
But I mean, generally it takes more effort to work in mp3 instead of wav and it just makes things sound worse in the end. I don't understand why you would.
>>
Since this thread has already gone to shit.

Can /prod/ tell the difference between analog and digital synths?
Both of these are a saw wave being filtered by 24db filters, at 0 res, half res, and full res.
In 10-20 minutes I will post the answer.

https://clyp.it/qehkf31h
https://clyp.it/cikn2yjm
>>
alright i need your help /mu/

if i want to do a lot of sampling what piece of hardware is best to start off with? can midi controllers sample straight from a turntable?
>>
>>60951685
because sometimes you only have an mp3

this isn't a new thing y'know, it's been going on for a while

we're not all trying to make realistic orchestral multisamples
>>
>>60951730
2nd is the analog?
>>
>>60951771
midi controllers can't sample at all technically, but they control software samplers which, yes, can sample from turntables and whatever other source you want to use. all you'd need in terms of hardware if you were gonna do that is a phono preamp if your turntable doesn't have a built in one and an audio interface
>>
>>60951809
i was thinking the opposite, guess we'll see in 10-20 minutes
>>
>>60943028
Yeah, can someone answer this please? I've been producing for a year now (I know it's not long) and so far i've never felt limited, and now that 10.2 is out it feels like there is much more to learn.
>>
>>60951771
from the sound of your setup I think a physical sampler wouldn't be bad.

mpc500 to start is good if you can find a deal for under 200
>>
>>60951816
so then my setup would be

turntable-->interface-->computer-->midi controller
>>
>>60951809
>>60951852
Synth A is a Prophet 8
Synth B is a Microkorg
>>
>>60943894
Your bass sounds a little loud indeed, gain down, cut a little of those very low frequencies and maybe some of the mid lows, seems like your synth is a little muddy too, your reverb might be hitting lows
>>
>>60951996
Yes in a way, but the bulk work of your sampling is on the computer. Unless you get like a Push it's going to be mostly mouse and kb
>>
>>60951959
I wouldn't rec the 500 tb.h. The 1000 is more, but the 1000 with jjos is way more robust.
>>
>>60951996
yes

you could also go the route of a hardware sampler like >>60951959 is talking about, but midi controllers are a lot cheaper than a decent sampler generally, and less technically capable. that's not to say they're obsolete though, i used to have a microsampler that i had lots of fun and made lots of tracks with, it's more a matter of personal preference though, sometimes it's nice to get away from daws and computers
>>60952068
ha! in your face, other anon!
>>
what do you like to do synths to make them sound cooler? Like tips/tricks or whatever
>>
>>60952163
shit i worded that badly, i meant to say that hardware samplers are generally less technically capable than software ones
>>
should basslines follow a certain pattern that repeats?
>>
>>60952206
if you want. It's a case of you can do that as a minimum and nobody will care, if you want it to stand out more than change it up. Literally any change is better than static basslines
>>
>>60952234
i wont hold you up much longer, but should they go up and down notes correctly like C,C#,D,E or is it normal for basslines to be kinda randomized. thanks
>>
>>60952199
i think i am gunna go the hardware route. basically i want to learn how to sample like madlib and ive read that all he used to use is the sp 303 alot back when he was making madvilliany/quasimoto
>>
>>60952301
how much do you know about theory? Just play a pentatonic scale in whatever key you're in.
>>
>>60952361
oh okay thanks i know what a pentatonic scale is but i have no knowledge of music theory. i just arrange/press keys until i think it makes a nice melody or bassline, i would try to learn but i wouldnt even know where to start with musical theory
>>
>>60952329
i would advise against that, like i said before, you will hit walls with hardware that you wont with software and while there's definitely something to be said for working within limitations, you should probably start with a midi controller and software because it's much cheaper and it will be useful to you in the long run

i have a 404 which is more capable than the 303 and i would never recommend it as a sampler.it's got limitations such as: start/endpoint knobs only take off like 100ms at a time (other than that you have to hit the marker button while the sample is playing through which is a waste of time with longer samples that you want to duplicate and slice up over multiple pads), you can't resample patterns, you cant resample at a specific tempo so your loops can easily go out of sync (tempo is only displayed in whole numbers though it actually has decimal points that you cant see which causes the going out of sync), resampling polyphony is limited, the pitch and timeshifting algorithms are just not that great, and you can't sample new audio while another sample is playing

i know it's tempting to grab the piece that your favourite producer uses, but realize it was a different era in terms of technical capabilities and the available of pirateable software
>>
File: beksinski.jpg (658 KB, 1423x1841) Image search: [Google]
beksinski.jpg
658 KB, 1423x1841
>>60932707
Usually I just imagine characters, worlds and I create a situation, actions, relationships between characters, not dialogue though. What inspires me the most is fog in my city which is not a huge city but pretty big. The mountains, hiking is really fucking inspiring. Pretty sunset skies, but right after the sky is all red and orange, when it just starts getting dark, the combination of grey, blue and black is amazing to me. Looking out a window from my chair when my room is dark, dunno why. And sci fi/utopist movies. And of course well made music.
Friends mostly, their way of approaching life, their aura n shit :^).
Last saturday, friend just turned his cave into the perfect jam place, needs some isolation tho.
>>
>>60952475
availability*

and to expand on "useful to you in the long run", i mean if you do end up deciding you still want a hardware sampler, you'll still need an interface to record all your sampled tracks into a computer to arrange them and having a midi controller will be good for adding a synth bassline or whatever other thing to your sampled tracks
>>
File: mpd26.png (441 KB, 1259x656) Image search: [Google]
mpd26.png
441 KB, 1259x656
>>60952541
is this a good midi controller?
>>
>>60952701
never used one personally, but i hear they're alright.

i'd take a look at the used market in your area though, you might find something similar for a better price
>>
>>60950093
but aphex twin is shit tho
>>
I'm looking to get a nice mic for vocals, but I don't know what to get. I'd prefer not to fuck around with anything that requires phantom power to run. I just want to plug a mic into my little four track recorder and just sing, ya know?

Any ideas, /prod/?
>>
"good artists copy; great artist steal"
i take this to heart to be quite desu
>>
>>60954472
Give a budget

Also everyone's voice has their own characteristics which make them better suited for certain mics. Sometimes the genre matters; the Shure SM7B is a super common mic for rap vocals.

Try to let some guys that guitar center or sam ash let you test out a few mics.
>>
>>60954532
Same
>>60950972
Just rip them off old Chicago/Detroit tracks.

https://youtu.be/DmCX_Fof5hY?t=216
>>
>>60954472
For quick stuff I use an SM58. For anything else I use an SM7 or AT4040, depending on what it is.
>>
>>60952701
lol why does the suggestion thing in that picture call the 226 a multieffects processor? it's definitely just a midi controller
>>
>>60938125
I used to make prog synth/ambient, the problem with ambient is that it encompasses such a wide variety of styles that it gets lumped in with a ton of garbage.
>>
>>60943162
this is based bro. it would b good as an instrumental too
>>
I'm trying to do some field recordings and I'm kinda shit at it. I'm bad enough that it's hard to even pin down what I might be doing wrong.

In what ways would you say you can get better with experience? Any lessons you've learned? Any good sources?
I'm not looking for shortcuts that'll teach me in place of experimentation, just something to show me WHAT I could learn by experimentation.
>>
>>60957436
Well, it'd help if you could define a bit more what kind of "field recordings" you talking about, like, what equipment do you use and what exactly are you struggling with?
>>
Okay, so I have this shitty little Alesis iO2 Express interface. Recently, my right monitor started to occasionally, subtly distort low frequencies and would randomly get really quiet. I figured it was the just speaker itself at first since it's like 3 years old but I kept investigating. There's 2 cords plugged into the back of my interface (a grey one for the right speaker and an orange one for the left speaker). I rotated the grey cords plug a little and the distortion stopped for a few weeks (guess I just had to find the sweet spot). But now the distortion is constant. I tried putting the grey cord into the orange cords (left speaker) plug and that made the LEFT speaker distort. So it's clearly the cord itself, right? Is there even a solution to this other than to get a new cord?

Also, while I'm here; thoughts? It's a remake because I'm in a creative slump.
>https://clyp.it/2d2zafno
>>
>>60945284
I remember first using Fruity and doing whole 8-minute songs in one session because I couldn't save.
>>
>>60950594
>>60950504
>tt-303
Well shit I know what I want next.
>>
>>60952174
Delay, Reverb, Overdrive, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Autopan, Compressor etc.
>>
Am I the only one who has issues with arrangement? Every time I try to lay down a structure for a new track it always sounds stale and repetitive. Should I add more instruments to fade in with the risk of ending up with a busy mix? Should add more "occasional events" even if they are not really coherent with the rest of the track?
I've been bashing my head hard on this loop trying to arrange it into a song but I keep finding it boring.
Also, feedback and help on eqing/mixing/mastering very appreciated.

https://clyp.it/slybkkqw
>>
>>60959151
I'll give you a general tip. Try to picture it in your mind before you start producing it, a really general idea inside your mind helps. Start with that, then when you have that laid down keep on adding elements and experimenting.
>>
>>60959151
Arrangement, by far, is the hardest thing for me too. I've been producing for 6 years and I still have a lot of trouble with it. It's either something you're just naturally good at or you have to leave. Also, instead of adding MORE things to a section, take some out. Add the new thing in a different part of a song. Less is more.

I'll give your link a listen when I can get on a PC.
>>
Done or not?
https://clyp.it/ktbvx2q3

>>60959151
Listen to some folk. Seriously, for a crash course on song structure and arrangement, you can't find a more concise form of music. As for your clip, if you aren't familiar with automation look up some guides on youtube. Some clever automation can help you write a track like yours quickly and organically. Listen to what >>60959455 said too, don't be afraid to stretch out your ideas over the course of a track rather than containing them in a loop.
>>
Is there such thing as a vst that does multi-band sidechaining?

e.g. say I have a kick, and a bass sound that takes up a lot on the frequency spectrum, but I only want the kick to affect frequencies below, say, 120Hz
>>
>>60959229
>>60959455
>>60959548

Thanks for replying. A thing that I usually do is taking a track I like as an example and try to arrange my song with the other track as a "guideline". If my song has some similar elements to the example song, I try to bring em in in the same way if I'm trying to get the same feel. For some reason everything sounds way too gridded to me, even if I try to keep the flow of the song as free as possible.
I am familiar with automation, it's just that I don't have any midi controller and automating everything with the mouse is a pain in the ass, and I tend to leave it for last. That's the reason I asked for help on the sound design point of view too, I'm a poorfag, I can't afford monitors and I can only rely on my earbuds lol
>>
>>60959611
YES!!!

Waves have multiband sidechaining, but the way I do it in Ableton is make a rack, put three separate Multiband Dynamics with a Compressor on different slots, solo different bands on each Multiband Comp and then voila, I can multiband sidechain using the compressors acconpanying each multiband on the rack.

>>60959648
I know exactly what you're doing. But because I've been there I'm pretty sure you're copying the track sound by sound and trying to replace it with your own. It'll never work, you need to let your inner self express himself through the music, use others' arrangements as inspiration but don't A/B with them while working, listen to something, get inspired then take a walk and hum to yourself while trying to arrange it inside your head. Also, get used to automating while working, I know it's a pain in the ass with the mouse but producing generally is a pain in the ass if you're gonna put your 100 percent to it. Aaaalso, don't matter if you don't have monitors, get the AKG Perceptions (sell for like 30 bucks), they're so fucking amazing and cheap.
>>
>>60959777
I don't really focus on getting the same sounds from the songs I like, I rather try to get a certain feel. Like, let's say there's a song that makes me feel like I'm on a beach at sunset, chilling with my friends and a non-existent girlfriend while sipping on some cold beer: I think to myself "hmm I like this feeling, how can I replicate it with my own sound?". Then if my song has some elements in common with that track or some other tracks that I like, like a bongo pattern for example, and I don't know how to bring it in then I find myself pretty much copying most of the times. You're right, I should worry less about other people's sound, otherwise my music will never be true to my feelings.
Checking those headphones out, I might be able to get them. Again, thanks for helping.

Also, checked.
>>
>>60943831
guitar rig m8
>>
File: 1_volca-sample_top.jpg (501 KB, 3000x1778) Image search: [Google]
1_volca-sample_top.jpg
501 KB, 3000x1778
been a while since i jammed with people. been recording solo stuff on and off.
making shoegaze folk shit with my gf as a way of getting back into groove.

ps
just copped this korg sample bad boy over the volca beats
did I fuck up guys????
>>
Does anyone have the full download of all the drum samples off KB6.de?
>>
>>60959455
>you have to leave
I meant to say "learn".

As far as your track goes, your kick is too loud, and your low end is lacking. I think a lowpassed reese would fit really well. Percussion is too (not to sound rude) boring. Add some fills, hi hats, anything. All I hear is a kick. There MIGHT be some hi hats in there somewhere but they're too quiet to notice unless your specifically trying to pick them out.

What are you mixing on, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>60960408
Yeah, I do. I think I have them uploaded somewhere already, let me check.

>>60960408
was also meant for
>>60959151
>>
>>60960439
Goddammit, I'm bad at 4chan. The first part of that post was meant for
>>60960242
>>
New to virtual production.
Played guitar and piano for years.

Anything like this, a virtual keyboard synth type deal that i can play and record to my hearts content with fun effects etc?
http://www.caseyrule.com/projects/piano/
>>
>>60960242
>>60960439
Here ya go. Hope mediafire is okay.

>http://www.mediafire.com/download/495fm04ggaiu3h3/KB6.rar
>>
>>60960457
>>60960676
Thanks man!
>>
Feedback Pls
https://clyp.it/pnww0mcn
>>
>>60960731
I feel like it would be really cool if you made it into a horrorcore track or something. It's dope as it is, though. Might be a tad bit harsh in some places. It's also a little lengthy for what it is, but honestly, who cares?

Verdict:
p kewl
>>
>>60945470
>#fusion #jazz
Oh shit listening to it as soon as i can

>>60945172
Yeah
Normal people
Some are pretentious, some are humble
No :(
>>
>>60945346

How do you find a job in a label?
>>
>>60961035
>go to label website
>click on careers
>apply for jobs if suitable

same as literally every job ever
>>
>>60961035
what >>60961054
said applies, but I'm signed to a label, not working on one
>>
Should I try to continue this track or just scrap it? It's been in the same spot for months. I love MAKING progressive house (is that even what this is?) but I hate the genre. Fun to make, not fun to listen to. In other words, since I don't listen to this genre, I don't really know what to do. If you guys think it's good enough, I'll stick it out and finish it.

>https://clyp.it/brewpzhe
>>
I've only started making music this year, should I feel bad for still using presets? I don't know why, but it makes me feel dirty inside when I do. I want to learn how to program my own synths, but holy shit does it look daunting. Any tips for Massive or Harmon? This is the biggest thing impeding me, I've clocked more hours into LSDj and Famitracker than I have into FL.
>>
>>60961602
There's nothing inherently wrong about using presets but not knowing how to program a synth or edit patches will hinder your potential significantly. You're doing electronic music, sound design is one of the biggest advantages you have over people recording acoustic instruments, for example.

Watch the link in >>60943193
and in three hours you'll know enough sound design to understand Massive and other subtractive synths, as well as some FM. The rest will come to you with practice, tutorials and reading the manuals.
>>
>>60961602
not at all, i'm 5 years in and i still use presets. i think the whole stigma is kind of bullshit, really. sometimes a preset just fits what you're doing and it's much easier to use presets as starting points than trying to start from scratch.

also i think that people are kind of overly focused on synthesis as a form of sound design when there's so much to be done with effects and resampling, look at somebody like hot sugar for instance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAGhx3gqYp0
>>
>>60961602
Well, you're a year in producing, so give it another one before you learn how to program your own killer sounds and hating on your past self for using presets.

The best tip I can offer you is: Experiment with every little knob and combination on your synths. However, I don't know exactly what you want so I'll tell you what. Drop me a message on Soundcloud at /anthony-anadiotis with exactly what kind of questions you might have or what kind of sound you're aiming for and I'll do my best to answer everything man.
>>
>>60961689
on second thought, this video is probably a better example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n46iWWx3cYQ
>>
>>60961602
almost all of the music from the 80s used a set of presets called "general midi"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI

specifically synth bass 2 and choir pads
>>
Open question : should i cover songs with 8-bit sounds ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31-BycUUq0M ) or with 16-bit ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3ZCsRhDr1Q ) ?

>inb4 artistic value

It's just fun t b h
>>
File: maestrophaser.jpg (41 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
maestrophaser.jpg
41 KB, 640x426
this reminded me of that guy who posted a couple threads back about how the employees at his local music shop didnt know pedals could be used with things that weren't guitars
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.