[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about Speeding Bullet to Heaven that people don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: cudi.jpg (50 KB, 412x412) Image search: [Google]
cudi.jpg
50 KB, 412x412
What is it about Speeding Bullet to Heaven that people don't like ? I listened to half of it and it seemed better than most shit that people in mu pretend to like.

not saying its good but worse than all that meme rap ? I don't think so.
>>
people just like the narrative of "oh look at this formerly liked artist slipping down the tubes" and will grab for anything that fits that if their expectations are not met
>>
I've heard three or four songs from it. A couple were passable to decent, the others were pretty uninspired. Looking at the track listing, I'm guessing it's an album that's way too long for its own good.

My guess is the majority of the over the top hatred, however, comes from the fact that his memerap fanbase doesn't like rock music.
>>
>>60854041
Apart from the pop singles kid cudi had out,im not really familiar with his discography.

I can see why someone would not like his very simplistic approach with guitar and the weird thing he has going with the vocals.

but it's not doing too bad with experimentation or atleast I can't see it .

>>60854075
yeah no way it's worth going through the whole thing. it got boring after just few. maybe the memerap crowd were turned off by it not being rap enough ?
>>
>>60854017
>implies meme rap is real
ok 4chan
>>
>>60854075
>My guess is the majority of the over the top hatred, however, comes from the fact that his memerap fanbase doesn't like rock music.

Absolutely wrong.
The hateboner most likely comes from rock fans themselves, thus their over the top hatred.
I like rock and rap, but this album was kind of bad.
>>
>>60854117
Yeah the whole memerap term is a meme itself.
Feel free to dismiss it.
>>
>>60854117
okay let's be more specific here

shit like young thug
>>
>>60854017
Cause hating on Cudi is just another ebin yamyam
>>
Uh oh here comes the inevitable swarm of contrarian plebs saying "you know, its not actually THAT bad". It really is trash and your reaching for the stars trying to claim that its good in anyway
>>
>>60854162
Anything Young Thug has done is way better than this album, for real
>>
>>60854256
nice meme friend
>>
>>60854252
okay why is it so bad ? again im not say it's particularly good but I don't think it's 0/10 or "the worst album ever made"
>>
Holy shit are you being serious? The guitar riffs sound like something a 14 year old would bang out and think was "totally grunge man". The singing is god awful and the production overall is terrible.
This guy thinks he's a legend but has nothing to back it up, he's like a 15 year old rich kid who's been told he's amazing at music all his life by his parents based on him playing a few chords on the guitar at age 7 (with some help from his older brother), and he's still riding that wave of praise.

>>60854162
Young Thug shits on Cudi because he knows his strengths and he plays to them. You may not like the type of music he makes but he does that type of music extremely well. Cudi obviously doesn't know jack shit about how to make decent music in any genre. He's too caught up in his grimdark image to realize his complete lack of talent.

I literally can not believe anybody would think this album sounds even half-decent. It's absolute trash and the world would be better off without it.
>>
>>60854347
but young thug is egually shit and has no talent.
difference is that cudi is pretensious about it and has a big ego.
>>
it is a good album, the return of chip douglas is hilarious

"got myself a new friend and she's not a nuisance, she doesn't think i'm stupid!! AAAAAAAA EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH"

uh huh huh this album is great and the savior of punk rock man
>>
>>60854298
I dont think its the worst album ever made either but the instrumentation is extremely amateur, the songwriting is corny, shallow, cringy, overly edgy. Its boring, lacks any color, very depressing (not in a way thats interesting to listen to) Its an obvious imitation of a sound he seems to love but can quite replicate in an authentic way. Comed off as a teenager in his room who just found out who kurt cobain was
>>
>>60854455
desu couldn't make any sense of his mumbling,I acknowledge how bad the instrumentation was{not sure if an artistic choice or hes just retarded]

I don't really get where you get this kurt cobain thing from ? Cobain atleast wrote some pretty dank experimental music [ in utero] .
>>60854414
fairly sure no one ever said this.
>>
>>60854347
This is exactly right

It sounds amateur
>>
>>60854495
Exactly, kurt cobain wrote some great music, cudis trying to replicate it but it came off as extremely amateur.
>>
>>60854495
>bad instrumentation being an aesthetic choice would make it okay
IT'S INTENTIONALLY SHIT SO IT'S OKAY!
>>
>>60854553
did I say it was okay ?
>>
>>60854602
By implying he wouldn't be retarded is if was an artistic choice. He's retarded either way.
>>
>>60854347
>complains about how simplistic the guitar is on kid cudi's album
>thinks young thug is in anyway different

memerap fags, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>60854162
thugger is a rap melodist, not a meme like the lean who is yung
>>
>>60854667
It is vastly different, and if you don't realize that I don't know how to help you. Also, you really use the term memerap seriously?
>>
>>60854740
Explain to me how Young Thug's music is anymore musically complex than Kid Cudi.
>>
>>60854017
I still can't figure out if this album is supposed to be a joke or not. Because it's hilariously, the singing is awful and not in a "rough around the edges" punk way, it's just straight up awful. Lots of the riffs sound like a first day guitar player trying to sound like a shitty pop-punk band, and the lyrics are cringe-worthy at least once per song. It has nice production, I'll give it that, but it's like polishing a turd.

I can't tell if this was intentionally bad, because there's no way someone would release this unless they were insane and delusional.
>>
>>60854789
>comparing hip hop to grunge
>listening to thugger to enjoy "musical complexity"
>>
>>60854846
>complaining about the simplicity of a grunge artist
>backpeddling hard when asked what makes young thug any better

sorry memerap is held to such terrible standards
>>
>>60854711
young thug sucks why does mu like him so much.
his melodies are crap. get taste retards
>>
>>60854907
not the same guy you were arguing with. And stop using the term "memerap" if you want to have a serious discussion
>>
>>60854789
Complexity isn't everything in music. Ever heard of minimalism or ambient? How about drone?
The most important thing in a song is serving the song, making sure the pieces gel well together.
Young Thug is making extremely simple music, BUT everything in his songs have a consistent, polished sound, and have a structure that serves the music he makes and the setting it is meant to be played in.
Cudi's songs on the other hand don't have a cohesive, polished sound (I get that it's supposed to be grunge but even nirvana's songs sound pretty damn good, especially compared to this shit), there's no well-thought out structure, and overall it's just a mess that's aimed at no-one (not the hip-hop heads that made up his fanbase earlier, and not people into rock or grunge because it's nowhere near at the quality they expect.
It's an album made for nobody by a nobody.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.