[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw starting to fall in love with krautrock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
>tfw starting to fall in love with krautrock
>>
>>60748948
adherence to concepts like krautrock are hugely responsible for people not being able to find music outside of /mu/-approved terminology on this board. Like how """krautrock""" is such a big fucking deal to people like you because you like Faust and Can and Kraftwerk but no one knows fucking anything about modern Brooklyn prog-rock despite it being one of the most interesting and exciting art music scenes in the world right now and has been for the past two decades, just because there isn't some cool catchy trend word to throw around.

in short fuck off
>>
>>60748988
Ayy fuck you buddy. What are some good bands from the Brooklyn scene?
>>
>tfw you went into krautrock thinking you were going to love it but it turned out to be bad
>>
What you listening to now OP? Anything good?
>>
>>60748988
>shitting on someone because hes not a part of your speshul little scene

get a fuckin grip you pretentious faggot
>>
>>60748988
"all of you guys who like things other than me are a bunch of posers. you're not a true fringe music fan like me because i like the thing i like which is different from everyone else. im a special snow flake!!!!!!!!!"

Filtered.
>>
I fell in love with Can and thought I fell in love with krautrock but it turned out I only liked Can
>>
>>60749051
I also fuck with Faust and Amon Duul II
>>
>>60749028
some labels for you since it's a huge scene:
Northern Spy Records, Ecstatic Peace!, Social Registry

>>60749037
what's my "speshul little scene"? people who seek out music that defies being wrapped in peer-approved little parcels?
>>60749042
the point is that it's only "fringe music" because people refuse to put forth the effort to find music that isn't presented in front of them on a silver platter

>>60749051
>>60749124
this is the shit that i'm talking about. just naming three of the most popular german experimental acts as if he's done some kind of comprehensive research, when the only fucking reason he knows them is because there's a catchy phrase that allows them to be lumped together.
>>
>>60749155
You are the biggest faggot I have ever encountered on this website. This is a remarkable achievement. I'm happy for you.
>>
>>60749155
how about don't be such a pretentious fuck? The OP wasn't claiming to be the most knowledgeable person about music, he just said he was starting to really click with music from a certain scene. Then you came in here to make sure that everybody knows how much better you are than everybody else.

The fuck did krautrock ever do to you?
>>
>>60749155
you are a fucking elitist, dude. im not saying that krautrock is super deep or whatever but putting other people down because they dont know about some tiny little micro scene that you got lucky and stumbled upon during your countless hours of research on contemporary music is fucking gay and you are fucking gay if i am to be completely honest with you, you little faggot fairy boy.
>>
>>60749233
calling it a tiny little microscene while affirming "krautrock" as a label is proving my point
>>60749198
oh geeze you're right i better avoid making higher points about this board in general because i might hurt OP's feelings
>>60749189
why are pretending you don't samefag all the time?
>>
>>60748948 (You)
>>60748988 (You)
>>60749028 (You)
>>60749037 (You)
>>60749042 (You)
>>60749051 (You)
>>60749124 (You)
>>60749155 (You)
>>60749189 (You)
>>60749198 (You)
>>60749233 (You)
>>60749259 (You)
all me btw
>>
>>60749259
>Th-three people think I'm being an asshole! That can't be! It has to be guy samefagging!

If you want people to consider your opinions, you'll have a lot more luck if you present them in a way that's not condescending. Catch more flies with honey and all that.
>>
>>60749259
why would i bother referring to it as the "modern brooklyn prog-rock" when you were just throwing that out as an example? are you denying the fact that krautrock was highly influential and and important for the progression of certain genres BECAUSE SLASH EM YOO SLASH APPRECIATES IT AND CALLS IT KRAUTROCK LIKE ANY OTHER NORMAL PERSON WHO KNOWS OF THE GENRE WOULD????? ARE YOU PRETENDING THAT WHATEVER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IS MORE IMPORTANT AND HAS REACHED A WIDER AUDIENCE AND BECOME MORE SIGNIFICANT THAN KRAUTROCK AND THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT IT DONT ACTUALLY LIKE MUSIC???????????
>>
>>60749155

>the only fucking reason he knows them is because there's a catchy phrase that allows them to be lumped together.
>modern Brooklyn prog-rock

Ok m8
>>
>>60748948
lol enjoy the two das it will take you to listen to the whole genre's output then you're going to be bored af
>>
>>60748988
If you're upset that not enough people talk about your Brooklyn scene, start a thread about it. Get people interested.
>>
>>60749323
Awesome lol.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.