[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of these guys? I've never seen anyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 512BfdTMaLL.jpg (57 KB, 500x436) Image search: [Google]
512BfdTMaLL.jpg
57 KB, 500x436
What does /mu/ think of these guys? I've never seen anyone here ever talk about them, even though they're probably one of the most popular rap acts of Seattle.
>>
>>60728271

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAofwb6e-Vg

Link to their first album
>>
>>60728271
>Most popular rap acts of Seattle

Really? Most anyone I know who's into the hip-hop scene here agrees they're pretty shit. They went to/formed at my school, I saw them live once (really just wanted to see Sabzi perform some Made in Heights stuff). I'm really just a fan of Sabzi, their music is pretty fucking gay, for lack of a better term. Also, Macklemore is probably more popular than them in Seattle, and worldwide. I would say Shabazz Palaces is one of the most respected hip hop artists coming out of Seattle though, at least in hip hop circles.
>>
>>60728385

Recommend me some rap, I want to fit in now that I live here.
>>
>>60728424
Where do you stay? Welcome to one of the greatest cities on earth!

Shabazz Palaces is a personal favorite who's from the area. Nacho Picasso is also another name I hear getting thrown around a lot, personally I'm not a fan but he's popular here. There's a Travis Scott show on Thursday that you should definitely be going to as well.
>>
>>60728509

Lynnwood. I like my rap a bit jazzier and light, think Nujabes or well, Blue Scholars.
>>
>>60728424
Honestly our local hip hop scene is pretty lackluster though. I went to a Young Thug show last month with a couple openers who were locals, fuck if I remember their names, but one of them was a DJ whose set was shit and the only reason he didn't get booed off stage was because Thugger was with him. But there were two openers who were only met with boos and middle fingers throughout their set, I actually felt kinda bad.

Went to a Danny Brown show as well not too long ago, and his opener was another local artist. Can't remember his name, I was strung out Af, but he was pretty genuine and had a few fans in the crowd, for the most part he just wasn't that good either though. Maybe try checking out some local venues, AXS hosts a lot of shows. The Crocodile is a good one too, though they do more electronic/Rock shows, and if you aren't 21+ the seating is ass. But shows are pretty cheap in Seattle, no reason not to check them out and support local artists if you want to get into the scene.
>>
>>60728573

How is the rock scene doing? Better be good, this city fucking birthed grunge.
>>
File: image.jpg (372 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372 KB, 1024x1024
>>60728544
Ah I see I see, I'm in the U-District, a student here obviously lol. As far as jazzy hip hop I really don't know of any local artists, seems the cool thing these days is that Atlanta scene/style.

Though if you're into jazzier hip-hop, I would recommend pic related if you haven't already heard it. One of the better releases of the year, and totally fits the hipster mold Seattle is so famous for.

Jeremiah Jae & L'Orange - The Night Took Us In Like Family
>>
>>60728597
I've actually heard some really sick rock acts around here, mostly at basement shows or The Crocodile though. The Crocodile is definitely one you should check out, Blue Moon Tavern here in U District is another good spot to check out the local talent, and they usually book great bands.

Music's kinda softened up here though, Sunn o))) is an exception to that rule, though I get that they're not for everyone lol. Fleet Foxes, Phil Elverum, Band of Horses, Minus the Bear, Sunny Day Real Estate, and The Mama Rags are some local bands off the top of my head, Mama Rags are one of the lesser known ones in that group lol. I've actually been to a couple of basement shows and seen some awesome emo bands too, not sure if you'd be into emo Rock tho either lol. Sounds like you're a bit more into the mature stuff
>>
>>60728597
I would also say to check out Sub Pop, probably one of the better local record studios.
>>
>>60728703
>record studios
you mean label?
>>
>>60728671
>Music's kinda softened up here though
yes and no. bell witch and he whose ox is gored are both playing shows coming up, the black lodge always has rock diy shit and avast is still going strong for recording heavier bands
>>
>>60729483
i should also add if you want heavier stuff youll probably have to go to el corazon or highline
>>
>>60729434
Yea sry it's late
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.