[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25
File: url.jpg (11 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
11 KB, 256x197
>>
>tfw you score a high end amp at the pawn shop for $20 and there is absolutely no info about it online
>>
>>60695509
how do you know it's high end then?
>>
>>60695579

lol yeah good point

Basically it was part of a RCA setup, the first TV that had a built it computer chip or w/e, and it came with a VCR, amp, casette deck etc....retailing at over 5k

There is info from amps before and after the one I have, but not my specific model. I cannot literally find anything about it

This is the line

http://www.cedmagic.com/museum/dimensia/dimensia.html

I have the MSR150 receiver/amp, which was part of the Dimensia line

not a single pic or anything online about it
>>
i saw a post in my local online classifieds in the musicians section that was just called "2016 will be more productive" and the whole text of the ad was just a list of songs and artists, so i emailed and asked the guy "who are you even talking to?" and this is the reply i got

>Every clown who treated the band classifieds like a dating website when it should have been about getting together to play music. I wanted to make a statement with this post. It should have been about the daily grind required in order to separate you from a bastard. Because at the end of the day playing music and especially forming a band requires little to no exchange of words. The last thing I wanna do is talk. Im too busy playing. I dare these jokers to stick their hand in the cookie jar. The ad is a result of all the times I had my time wasted from people on this website. Avenged Sevenfold replica bands are formed nowadays because we talk too much instead of doing what needs to be done. So im not gonna say anything when I post ads.
>If Bieber inspires you to play music I don't give a shit. All I care about is if you can play a guitar solo well. Ever hear that story about the guy from Cannibal Corpse? He quit playing death metal so he could pursue a music career in jazz music. That guy would have never treated kijiji like a dating website. Being successful is doing what needs to be done. We overlook things too much don't we? And no I don't own a cell phone. Big brother is watching you.

angry rock guys are weird, /prod/
>>
>>60695879
also i forgot to mention, he put his first/last name on his email as String Bender

so you KNOW he's a cool dude lol
>>
....so is this the new prod thread?
>no Lunga
>no prod pasta
>no posts about production
>>
File: frootyloops.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
frootyloops.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Fl Studio question:

Sometimes when I drag a sample from edison to the step sequencer, the sample doesnt correspond with the midi, like it can't change the note or the pitch or key or anything. any way to fix this?
>>
I'm starting a remix contest with a first prize of $100-150 in two days or so.

Going to bring it up in /prod/, would like it if one of you guys won.
>>
>>60696785
Any rules we can view now?
>>
Do you guy's have any good resources on synth sound design? I'm trying to up my game a bit.
>>
>>60696803
The rules will be basically any genre goes, remixes can be posted publicly but please no download links so we can put three of them (one from each EP track that I could export stems for) on a free EP through the label I'm signed to, popularity isn't going to be a criteria and I'm going to be listening to all tracks myself to pick. One whole month, no limit to how many tracks you submit.

>>60696843
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ04PwFvui1BCUAE9wxmOqHE51mrDv8Ui

See you in three hours.
>>
>>60696708
Change the root note on the sampler window with the right mouse button. You can also do it on Edison, to export the sample with a specific root note other than C5.
>>
>>60696599
this

http://rbt.asia/mu/

>go here
>search "production general"
>use the text/pic to make op's that aren't shit
it's not complicated
>>
We on page 10 lads
>>
>>60698623
wew
e
w
>>
>>60695918
>>60695879

I hate when people are edgy about playing music with other people
>>
>>60695879
He didn't have to sperg out at you like that, but he raises a solid point.
>>
>>60695879
What's his actual problem though?

I guess I don't have enough experience being in a band to get this but as far as I can tell he's mad that people want to talk about their influences?
>>
>>60701265
He's talking about random jerkoffs that chat and never meet up to play. The only people these days actually getting in bands are in A7X cover bands or sound like said bands. I share the same sentiment sometimes, because people tend to be all talk and no show
>>
>>60701659
That's pretty funny but I'm not getting the Avenged Sevenfold connection here.
>>
>>60701687
if you play the geetar, chances are the music scene is widdly widdly chugga chugga these days and not much else
>>
File: 1446968373563.gif (637 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1446968373563.gif
637 KB, 624x352
>mfw using serum for the first time
>>
what if I want to try music production, I can play piano, guitar, etc but I have no idea how to start any of it and want to try it?
>>
>>60702105
theory+practice, only way to learn anything

look for books about it and download a DAW

read, then experiment with the DAW, have the manual near

if you don't read you will keep repeating yourself and progress only when you realize you have made a mistake, so read, each time you reads means you will know something new to do to your tracks
>>
>Lend friend a mic
>He can't get it to work with ableton

>>
>>60696708

open the sample up

>right click the "time" knob
>click none
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 685x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 685x750
Just got a Yamaha mg16xu. Gonna do some multi tracking soon once my drummer friend gets back into town.
>>
>>60703671
cool . what mics you got for his kit?
>>
Anyone grab anything good for black friday?
>>
>>60704629
just the power bar that i posted about in the last thread that made everybody freak out about my usage of the term wall warts
>>
What are some tips to make melodies and basslines quickly?
>>
>>60705045

no
>>
>>60695372
More like
>just one beat today
>aaaaand my mind is blank
>>
>>60704665
>warts
Remember to use protection :^)
>>
Why the hell does my sustain pedal not work while recording in Ableton? Works ok right until I hit record then it shuts off
>>
>>60705045
have some talent
>>
>>60703671

You know you can only record the stereo bus, no multi tracking, yeah?
(not havin a dig, just wondering)
>>
I have some extra cash (roughly 500 USD) to blow on cyber Monday and have been wanting to delve into electronic music. Should I continue to read up / play with software or is there any hardware I should be on the lookout for?
>>
>>60703345
>have the manual near
Do some DAWs still actually come with a physical manual?
>>
How do I limit my midi to one note at a time?
>>
>>60706764
Turn on mono midi
>>
>>60706722
Depends what you want to do really? You could get a decent mixer for that and maybe some kind of outboard gear like a effects unit or a DBX compressor?
All 3 Volcas and a mixer?
>>
>>60706722
I would get a synth man. Bass Station IIs going for $350 rn, or a used slim phatty and a keyboad man for the full 500
>>
>>60706786
>>60706800
>>60706722
500usd isn't really much money when you come to buying studio gear, generally speaking you'll get a basic decent quality synth for that sort of money, maybe a piece of classic secondhand outboard gear or some half decent monitors.
>>
File: 1414149777587.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1414149777587.gif
1 MB, 220x200
>tfw you're only good at producing while caffeinated
>>
>>60695372
>tfw new to this shit and don't know where to start
>h-how do I get amazing at producing?
I want to be like evian christ and dj toomp :(
>>
>>60706856
I always have a fresh pot of coffee while prodding, very cosy.
>>
>>60706856
You don't have a rack mount french press yet?
>>
>>60707111
jej
>>
What's stopping me from stealing someone's riff and then putting it in a constant loop and I just reverb the fuck out of it and feed it plugins until it sounds like popcorn in the microwave and then I just record myself screaming and layer it 3 minutes in and finish "my song" and then I photoshop a picture of wooden baby blocks next to a pyramid and slap a name on it like "nutseed library" and then I keep doing this until you faggots find my shit and start eating it up
>>
>>60707437
"Artistic Integrity"
>>
>>60703355
teach him u stupid faggot
>>
>>60705045
throw random shit on there.
this is only applicable if u have a great enough ear to edit it into something good
>>
Pretty new to this stuff (I've been playing instruments for years without doing the whole producer thing or involving digital instruments). What are the best ways to pirate and install VSTs/AUs for Logic? I'm trying to get some 8Dio stuff running with Kontakt 5 and I'm not sure how to open Kontakt 5 in Logic or any other ways to open such digital instruments.
>>
>>60708051
Well reading the manual as far as. The getting started page would be somewhat helpful to you I'd imagine.
To load Kontact go to the instrument tab on the mixer for the channel your working on,click the tab, choose native instruments/kontakt
>>
>>60708184
It doesn't show up despite me following every step :(
>>
>>60706882
Just start somewhere, anywhere. Even if you make something that isn't your intentional genre it's a fucking stepping stone, man. Don't worry too much about the final mixdown and listen to your own shit to get a feel of things you, things that work, don't work.
>>
File: [questioning female].png (407 KB, 549x413) Image search: [Google]
[questioning female].png
407 KB, 549x413
Any interesting Cyber Monday deals?
Also I bought tracktion yesterday. It's hella fine
>>
>>60708051

fellow logic user here, how did you get kontakt? is there currently a working torrent for it or something? i havent been able to find shit as far as synth plugins :(
>>
>>60708344

Replying due to interest in this as well, fampai.
>>
>>60708051
kontakt will run as a standalone... just an fyi
>>
>>60708349
Kontakt is free software homie
>>
>>60708390
I know, but I want to use it inside Logic so I can add it to tracks.
>>
>>60708267
It's probably not installed then, it will be with all your other plugins in that drop down tab.
Have you tried turning your computer off and back on again
>>
>>60708349
I bought it and it works fine in Logic. It's also on sale at the moment.
>>
>>60708420
>>60708474

....seemingly contradictory statements... is there like a limited free version, i guess?
>>
>>60708487
They sell a kontakt full version and kontakt player I believe.
>>
Just subscribed to Soundonline's creative cloud, now got access to all their top end audio software. Looking forward to playing round with the Hollywood strings and orchestral packs
>>
>>60708344

See

>>60708654

They've got some great deals on their software, and it usually costs a fortune
>>
>>60708344
>>60708356

http://rekkerd.org/deals-deals-deals/
>>
>>60708782

Thanks Fampai, you the best.
>>
>>60708325
thanks. that's helpful
>>
>>60708344
>Also I bought tracktion yesterday. It's hella fine
what's good about it?
>>
Is it possible to build and save your own custom drum racks in Ableton or can you only use the pre-built meh ones?
>>
Would learning music theory help me with making dank beats?
>>
>>60709782
Nah it'll hold you back. The key to dank beats is to drink a shit ton of lean and make some bad decisions.
>>
>>60709782
>would learning about an art form help me get better at said art form
hmm let me think....
>>
>>60709829
Where do I start then? Are there any good books that I can read? I could just google it but I'm hoping to get some recommendations.
>>
Looking for a portable recorder that can do sampling and field recording
Is a Zoom H2n my best bet or should I go for a TASCAM?
>>
>>60709782
Nah man, just improv.
>>
>>60709782

>Not sure if he should learn music theory
>Probably uses FL
>Wants to make dank beats

What could possibly go wrong.
>>
>>60709861
zoom H2n is the cheapest bet.
i really like the built in mic the MS and surround recording functions are really good.
The built in mics are really good for the price, but there are no XLR inputs for external mics. Its made out of plastic too.
I use mine for mostly field recording and collecting sounds so the built in mic are fine for what I use it for. If I was to want better sound quality for recording then I'd be looking at getting something that has XLR inputs and some decent external mics.
>>
https://clyp.it/5zpxgbgj

Anyone have any tips on how to continue? My friend tell me I need a melody, but I'm not sure about it. I've tried a shit ton of things but I can never get it to work well with it.
>>
Is garageband decent for beginners?
>>
>>60709968

It's pretty nice, but a backing melody would really carry that man.
>>
>>60709951
Yeah I do use FL actually.
>>
>>60709995

Yeah that's what it's made for, but some really solid music has been made in GB. Also it has some surprisingly nice tracking capabilities.
>>
File: Thisnigga.jpg (3 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
Thisnigga.jpg
3 KB, 135x90
>>60710017
>>
>>60710046
Nah dude but honestly, where the fuck do I start. I want to learn.
>>
>>60710094
Someone recommended this

https://gumroad.com/l/tldrmusic#

to me a while ago when I asked the same question.

It's been fairly useful so far, haven't really gotten through it yet desu.
>>
>>60710094

I'm just busting your balls, fampai. Check out some shit in here. When you're in FL, fuck around with everything.

>Pastebin - links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
http://pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for DAW descriptions and other contributions
http://mu-sic-production.wikia.com

>Mixing Secrets and misc. resources
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/64bx81yayqzch/Production
>>
>>60710028
Where should I go from GB? I'm broke and only have a work laptop which is a mac. Legit spent all my money on vinyl like a retard hipster.
>>
>>60710125
>>60710133
Thanks family. I appreciate it. Will definitely read.
>>
>>60710135

The real question here is what's your stance on piracy.

If you care, look into reason it's like $60.

If you don't care, jump straight into hard drugs and get something like Logic X Pro or Ableton. FL isn't available on mac yet I think.

There's nothing wrong with jumping into vinyl especially if you plan to sample. Maybe save money and get a PC that isn't a work PC. If the mac is doing you well then it doesn't matter.
>>
>>60709861
Heres a Small sample of some Rain and Waves breaking on a pebble beach for a reference on how the built in mic sound...although I'm sure clip.it will compress the fuck out of the original sample.

https://clyp.it/ulogtmyt

>>60710135
Logic X would be the natural progression from Garage Band as its pretty much the same but a pro version
>>
>>60710177

Actually my bad, just looked it up Logic is actually cheaper than reason. At a $40 pricepoint.
>>
Is the M-Audio Av42 any good for entry-level monitoring?
>>
>>60710125
it has a lot of words
>>
>>60710359

There's some pictures and memes in there to keep your attention span. Some of these other music theory books can get brutal with the terminology and jargon that only 18th century composers would've understood.
>>
DID THE MAN WHO INVENTED COLLEGE GO TO COLLEGE?!
>>
>Have Guitar Center credit card
>Buy shit and then pay it off to get that credit score up
>Pretty close to paying off my XR-20

What are some other synths, drum machines, shit that's worth looking into to fuck about with. Gonna cap off at $500 so I can still pay it off in a few months.
>>
File: 523523423.jpg (342 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
523523423.jpg
342 KB, 1944x2592
Yo hams can you identify this kind of speaker cable pls?
Also is it possible to get an adapter for it to typical modern plugs like RCA or 3.5mm?
The speakers are pretty old but they used to sound great from what I remember from my childhood, I don't even know if they work anymore but it's worth a try.
>>
File: 534536456.jpg (766 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
534536456.jpg
766 KB, 2592x1944
>>60710942
Also here is behind the record player that they were plugged into, forgive the blurriness of the first pic I posted.
>>
>>60710974
>>60710942
You'll need an amp for these speakers.
>>
File: duh.jpg (24 KB, 388x202) Image search: [Google]
duh.jpg
24 KB, 388x202
>>60709736
i made a handy guide for you
>>
>>60711087

You don't gotta be a dick, but I do appreciate that thanks man.
>>
>>60711127
>You don't gotta be a dick
i was just poking fun, you did kinda deserve it considering all of ableton's native device's have a save button in the same spot lol
>>
>>60711087
>abletons save button is literally just the save symbol
damn...
>>
File: 1325027101489.png (30 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
1325027101489.png
30 KB, 320x256
>>60711255
>save symbol
more like a half assed floppy disk symbol, which hasn't been relevant since the 90s.
>>
This has really been helpful :)
reccing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEjOdqZFvhY
>>
any mandem got a decent ableton 9.5 crack for mac

wanna jam with my buds using that sweet link feature
>>
File: 1412433801946.jpg (10 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
1412433801946.jpg
10 KB, 278x282
>>60711350

>Hating on the floppy disk symbol
>>
new aesop rock/homeboy sandman ep today, anyone listen yet?
>>
>>60711422
look on warez bb brah. Ez pz
>>
>>60711422
>using ear buds to produce
lmao
>>
>>60710354
plz respond
>>
>>60705045
If you're still around, yes, I do. This is coming from a producer who has been at it for a very long time, but who leaves most of the songwriting to other musicians.

What I'm about to describe is the equivalent of a producer playing a song that needs, say, a guitar part, for a guitarist who needs to come up with a guitarist. You play the song, you listen to the guitarist play along, maybe while recording what they play, and you watch like a hawk for some little glimmer of a good guitar part. You stop them and say, "that, play that again".

Here's my little equivalent for working with the machines (the producer's most loyal friend)

First thing is any step sequencer plugin with a random note function + force notes to scale. Basically, keep randomizing while keeping the notes forced into musicality until you find a bit that sounds right. Loop that bit.

Melody is a bit tricker, since they tend to be broken out of chord progressions in a song. My advice for the melody is actually to play notes that sound right with the bassline, only on a higher-pitched instrument or synth or whatever, but then to run that instrument through an echo/delay set to an interesting groovy time. Like, if the song is in four, have the delay set to 3 or 6. Find any interesting bits from that, loop them.

Remember that some of the catchiest, best production-oriented music has some of the simplest bass and melody you've ever heard. Listen to Michael Jackson's hits. A lot of them are built around a badass bassline with a single note melody bending up and down in pitch. Same with popular hip hop production: the kick pattern/sub bass loops, the vocoder is set to a few notes that agree w/ the bassline to form a melody. The rest is textures.

Of course, on top of all that, there has to be an actually great song, but producers who aren't also songwriters have to get a little lucky to find somebody who can write a hit. if you think that you can write and produce a hit song, well, godspeed.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-30 19.38.45.png (545 KB, 3360x1050) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-30 19.38.45.png
545 KB, 3360x1050
Is this thread bleepz only?
>>
>>60712428

Nah Fampai, we allow bloops too.
>>
File: qmm.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
qmm.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Anyone know how to get a sound similar to Oneohtrix Point Never's earlier works where he mostly used a Juno-60 synthesizer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAtdmV7dMTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ0NqyQK-kM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3soucm9emO4

It's kind of like 8-bit but not 8-bit at all.
>>
>>60712428
ahhhh...how glad I am I lost the shitty windows audio platform that is asio.
Have fun with you not being able to listening to music or youtube for inspiration and producing at the same time
>>
>>60712495
Square waves/pulse waves
>>
>>60705045
Piano roll
Insert chords randomly
>>
File: 1417576764261.png (380 KB, 566x453) Image search: [Google]
1417576764261.png
380 KB, 566x453
>>60712442
oh
>>
File: Sad1.gif (875 KB, 288x294) Image search: [Google]
Sad1.gif
875 KB, 288x294
>can sing
>can't produce for shit

It's sickening.
>>
File: 1422276863229.jpg (54 KB, 350x442) Image search: [Google]
1422276863229.jpg
54 KB, 350x442
>>60712512
I listen to spotify/yt/whatevs while editing all the time, never had any problem.

Windows 7 and years of Reaper versions through a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
>>
File: 4234234.jpg (33 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
4234234.jpg
33 KB, 550x362
>>60712512
My inspiration is right here buddy.
>>
>>60712668

Someones elses brain? How about you come up with your own shit you pleb.
>>
>>60712689
Leave the samplefag alone!
>>
>>60712593
then you're not needing asio drivers. Lucky you. I like low-latency though
>>60712668
your inspiration is your brain? How boring.
>>
File: Screenshot 2015-11-30 20.16.29.png (41 KB, 641x460) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-11-30 20.16.29.png
41 KB, 641x460
>>60713096
But I am using ASIO senpai

Something is askew
>>
>>60713096
>your inspiration is your brain? How boring.
lol wtf
>>
>>60702027
thanks for the reminder, I really want that synth!
>>
>>60709857
Honestly if you wanna make it considering making the effort of just trying look it up yourself rather than ask someone here. Like read it on Wikipedia or find a blog of something. Better than waiting for some idiot here telling you what to do.
>>
>>60713622
>Better than waiting for some idiot here telling you what to do.
The irony
>>
>>60695372
Who changes their ableton colour scheme overnight?
>>
File: Drake-Cha-Cha-1445324495.gif (4 MB, 1249x653) Image search: [Google]
Drake-Cha-Cha-1445324495.gif
4 MB, 1249x653
>>60714097

I've done it, and I'll do it again.
>>
>just saw an ad for an ez-ag for $25 by somebody who thought it was just a kid's toy for learning guitar
>gets taken down by the time i'm done reading up on the specs
god dammit!

although i'm the same guy who posted here a while ago about scoring an 88 key weighted electric piano with midi out for $25 by someone who also didnt know what it was worth so i guess it was someone else's turn for a crazy deal on a midi controller
>>
>>60710177
>FL isn't available on mac yet I think.

There's a beta available - it runs in a wrapper (pretty much a VM) and there's no support but if you're sold on using FL it's an option:

http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php?entry_id=1378290309
>>
>>60714353
How the fuck do you find these things?
My local classifieds are full of jews asking for full retail price (or more if it's a "rarity" aka old common shit) on used stuff and other retardations.
>>
>>60712428
Not at all, post whatever you have
>>
>>60715084
checking multiple times a day is the only tip I can really offer. it's mostly just luck, most of the time it's a bunch of overpriced garbage like you said
>>
>>60715084

Not the person you're replying to, but from my experience it's a matter of luck and also timing - the second-hand market is full of flippers now who buy stuff on sight and assess value later, these are the people you have to beat to the punch.

For them it's a job so they spend all day at it - what they might not always catch is mis-categorized stuff like >>60714353 mentioned and they will also avoid stuff that needs repair, although there is also a fair amount of people who can do repairs too, like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brcku_D4HaM
>>
>>60709782
I don't believe so.
unless you're thinking about getting into composing, which could add to your dank beats to some extent I suppose.
>>
>>60715460

What I'd also mention is something to watch out for - if you think you're looking at a bargain, have a look at the other items the seller has for sale, if they're selling varied tat like baby clothes and jewellery your seller is either a boot-sale crawler or they're just clearing their own shed.

With eBay, and if the item needs repair, look to see if they've only recently bought it, or if they're also selling other faulty gear - they may have already tried and failed to repair it and it may now be completely sodomized.
>>
tried my hand at trance stuff
what do you guys think of this idea?

https://clyp.it/tvrof4p3
>>
>>60715759
>if they're selling varied tat like baby clothes and jewellery your seller is either a boot-sale crawler or they're just clearing their own shed.
i dont really see why that would be something to watch out for, i've bought stuff from people selling other miscellaneous crap
>>
how the hell do i stop my kick drums from sounding muddy with sub bass? I've tried tuning my drums and getting rid of lower frequencies on the sub bass (but that just sounds like dry shit), I'm really confused about it
>>
>>60715874
compression, especially sidechain compression
>>
>>60715837

So have I lots of times, for me it indicates that the seller is not a flipper. A flipper wouldn't be selling the item cheap, and if they are it would be because it's broken.
>>
>>60715945
oh, nevermind then, i misunderstood what you meant by "something to watch out for"
>>
>>60715939
ahhhh that makes so much sense, i just realized i didn't fucking sidechain the sub bass ugh
>>
>>60715970

Probably my fault for not making it clear - no worries.

It's not a thing that happens now but my best experience was two Roland MC-202 units for 20 GBP each in a second hand store in Edinburgh - neither had working sequencers but the synths (pretty much SH-101s) both worked fine - another 90 quid for a 2-channel Kenton box and all in all a good day.
>>
>>60715815
Please rate my arp and my mix (i think im getting the low end mix down
>>
https://clyp.it/k4flchba

rate my attempt at an Adele - Hello type piano song please

Still working on writing it, sound design will come later.
>>
File: 090b5e8dd9.jpg (3 KB, 81x71) Image search: [Google]
090b5e8dd9.jpg
3 KB, 81x71
im actually starting to look at the structures of tracks i like and figure out how to lay down my own now. idk why i didnt do this earlier. everything ive recorded is somewhat aimless synth sequences and drum patterns with nice timbres
>>
https://clyp.it/uzbgnsp5

is this alright
what should i change
>>
>>60712180
ear buds? what the fuck are you on about man?
>>
>>60713192
I have my onboard audio disabled in bios and only route through my interface and I can hear other sources at the same time also

basically nothing is wrong with your setup
>>
>>60717790
Quality over quantity
>>
File: 802_P0575_TopFront_XL.jpg (181 KB, 800x673) Image search: [Google]
802_P0575_TopFront_XL.jpg
181 KB, 800x673
i've got some static in my signal chain, and i'm pretty sure it's my mixer.. swapping various sound sources and cables hasn't helped..

what's the reputation of these behringer mixers? shitty? if i should replace it, any suggestions for a 4-6 track mixer?
>>
>>60712180

He probably meant buds as in friends you autismo.
>>
I can't make anything past a loop consisting of kick, snares, hats, and a synth. What do
>>
>>60718773
everything behringer is lowest grade shit except for like 3-4 products
>>
>>60718836
that explains it.. i bought it years ago when i poorer and never really thought about upgrading it until recently when the problem has become really obvious.
>>
>>60718877
Try a Allen and Heath or soundcraft mixer
>>
>>60718814
Listen to a lot of music, expand your horizons and spend more time producing. It's obvious you haven't been at it for more than a few months, if not less.
>>
>>60718828
now you make a loop consisting of the same as before, but slightly different
>>
>>60719244

Nah I made a track just the other day, autismo.
https://clyp.it/1q2wjjed
>>
>>60719338
That's horrible. Your synth is playing random notes in a random scale conflicting with the bass. My statement stands, learn some music, if you're passionate about it, we'll talk again in 2 years. Peace.
>>
>>60719421
I've only been at this for 2 months, I'll come back in 2 years to impress you. I won't let you down fampai.
>>
>>60718828
add some stuff, remove some stuff, change some stuff. add some evolving elements.
>>
>>60718836
>>60718773
what are some good cheap mixer recommendations? i don't need a lot of inputs, but built in effects/eq would be nice
>>
>>60719528
hardware is rarely good and cheap

it sucks but that's how the market is for gear
>>
>>60719528
this guy is totally right
>>60719083

the small allen heath zed ones aren't even expensive and pretty alright
>>
>>60719606
there's always used

also while we're talking about mixers, has anyone used mackie's mix series? i know they've got a good reputation for mixers but i don't know how that translates to their cheapest products
>>
>>60719606
well, i guess i'll keep on daisy chaining shit with audio splitters then
>>
>>60719717
yea I would definatley go to local shops that would have used shit and check it out

the smaller ones usually will not take shitty gear if they think they cant sell it ive found
>>
>>60719244

Reading this again, this is actually some really nice advice though. I do need to expand my music taste.

Anyone got some reccomendations?
>>
>>60715815
Pls resond... Sempai?
>>
>>60715815
It's terrible like all trance
>>
File: lofifeel.jpg (124 KB, 651x779) Image search: [Google]
lofifeel.jpg
124 KB, 651x779
Post yfw you suck at dark ambient
https://clyp.it/qgmf02ly
>>
>>60719729
dude that really doesn't work at all, it's just asking for frustration
>>
File: po-14_1_1.jpg (159 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
po-14_1_1.jpg
159 KB, 1100x1100
interested in getting some hardware to make music for fun/maybe use in simple games i program but noooo idea what i'm doing. i like the idea of synths but lol thats where my ideas end

any ideas? not looking to drop a lot of money, just sorta dabble

i saw this and other similar stuff on the website: http://www.dawsons.co.uk/teenage-engineering-po-14-pocket-operator-synthesizer-sub

what think?
>>
>>60721747
I was looking at this earlier actually in a catalog it looks fun and it was cheap

I would get it but im completely broke
>>
>>60695372
I know a "producer". They seem like compliment-fishing neets for the most part.
>>
>>60722618
if only they were cool like you, a guy who talks shit about people he knows behind their backs on an anonymous latvian jetskiing forum
>>
>>60702027
>serum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYhnSuuVqBE

i'm around 20min in
pretty cool sounds
>>
Looking for a keyboard/controller.

Flexible 500$ price range, 61 keys minimum would prefer some type of weighted action. Controller/digital piano it doesn't matter it'll be hooked to my comp at all times. Some faders/pads would be nice too. Any cyber Monday deals I could snag or places I should look for a keyboard other than Amazon? Appreciate it
>>
>>60723086
i'll give you the advice i give everyone looking to spend multiple hundreds of dollars on just a keyboard

get a used midi keyboard with minimal or no extra features (nothing to do with quality like some people here say, just for price reasons) or an electronic piano with midi out and pick up a second controller with whatever combination of pads/knobs/sliders you want. yoou'll probably come out under $500
>>
>>60723239
Thanks anon
>>
>>60723406
no problem, your mileage may vary based on how much used stuff is available to you locally and people may be snapping up all the deals as christmas gets closer, but other than that i stand by my advice
>>
File: 1427046315413.jpg (69 KB, 568x562) Image search: [Google]
1427046315413.jpg
69 KB, 568x562
How to recreate the main bassline on these tracks [Progressively gets better through each songs]

I know that the producer uses Ableton like me and I want to make it using strictly operator's "Hip-Hop Sub Bass" preset, saturator, and possibly overdrive. Maybe even some soundtoys plugins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jDiAcqbO0c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lYHokOqT6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfwijFL3BTo

Also, if you can please send me a project file at least attempted or an explanation that would be awesome
>>
hey i really suck at mixing vocals
can i get some advice on how to make this not sound like shit?
http://puu.
sh/lEXTJ/a0f0f54ef0.mp3
i know my voice sucks

>>60723086
arturia keylab 61
i have the 49 key model and the keys are springy enough to play synths comfortably with but weighted enough to get a nice rhodes feel
might take getting used to, i dont know what you normally play
also comes with decent plugins

>>60721747
>>60721894
gakken sx150 mkii
it's 40 bucks and sounds really good
you can also build a midi out for it i think
>>
>>60724247
bump
>>
https://clyp.it/qb2dgs0b

feedback pls
>>
>>60725546
>https://clyp.it/qb2dgs0b

some real bitch ass nigga shit, i can tell ya that much
>>
https://clyp.it/lvwq0r0h

feedback plox m8 laddies
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.