[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>None of the guys go steady cause it wouldn't be right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: The Beach Boys 2134.jpg (19 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
The Beach Boys 2134.jpg
19 KB, 400x266
>None of the guys go steady cause it wouldn't be right
>To leave their best girl home on a Saturday night

What did they mean by this?
>>
Inb4 man children from Reddit come in and take a post too seriously in the name of defending their epic relatable le troubled artist going against the grain persona they have created out of a lucky buffoon.

Fuck YOU! If you are one of the many faggots on here spamming your gay Brian shit, get out of this board!!!
>>
>>66508802
I don't take it to mean "gay" at all. They are just saying they are man whores who will not be tied down to a committed relationship.
>>
>>66508848
>>66507788
Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on /mu/. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.
>>
>>66508869
I don't have you music back ground but I do have your age. Nearly twice your age to be honest. I'm 55
>>
>>66508869
Why do all plebs think knowing how to play an instrument will help with their shit taste? Stop kidding yourself man.
>>
File: wow.gif (11 KB, 225x82) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
11 KB, 225x82
>>66508869
Oh wow! You are clearly very smart and the most intelligent man in the world! I'm so glad the Man With Objectively Right Opinions came into this chinese cartoon imageboard to tell me what music is good and what music is bad
>>
>>66508963
so in other words. You have no music theory background or know how to play an instrument.
>>
>>66508770
>Brian's face
>>
>>66508869
>more than five instruments
Why don't you just say the exact number you lunatic
>>
>>66508869
I like Pet Sounds, I'm a classically trained pianist, self-taught guitarist, percussionist, and play jazz sax (alto). I've also played viola, cello, double bass, banjo, mandolin, theremin, and a pipa in some recordings, but I'm not like "proficient" at them I guess.

I don't know how to quantify how much music theory I know? Lol I've covered the basics thanks to my classical training, have a pretty solid ear for harmony, and have been spending a couple hours daily studying counterpoint for the past few months. I'm also in the middle of Mark Levine's jazz theory book. My ability to concentrate on music is limited by my college education and internship though, so I mostly work in spurts, so to speak.

What have you been doing for the past 2 years that you still haven't completed your album? Lol just lack of creativity or are you one of those kids that think your shitty "indie" release is gonna be the next big thing?

Also, why do you think it takes understanding of music theory to like or not like Pet Sounds? Lol
>>
>>66509133
>tfw you remember you're in a band with Mike Love
>>
>>66509205
I didn't mean to make you write out an actual response desu, I was just copying a shitpost from the other thread.
>>
File: 1450748735869.jpg (55 KB, 522x727) Image search: [Google]
1450748735869.jpg
55 KB, 522x727
>>66508913
>>66508963
>>66509024
>>66509179
>>66509205
>July 19, 2016
>still falling for this stale meme
lurk moar, newfags
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 349x642
>>66509269
>>66509377
Wow we sure got trolled xDDD
>>
>>66508770
Old baldy in the corner. Just layin down some bass or whatever he does.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.