[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/AEG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Favorite LP?
Favorite EP?
Favorite tracks?
>>
I was looking forward to the prospect of a new LP for 3 years, but when I listened to elseq once I just didn't feel like I cared.
I mean elseq one is pretty fucking solid, but the rest is just eh for me.
Still excited to see them in November
>>
>>66482532
I think Elseq is overhyped too.

>Exai is released
"This has good moments but needs trimmed"
>Elseq is released
>>
I think elseq works far better as a sort of grab bag of diverse tracks than it does as a cohesive album, or even five albums or whatever. Everyone seems to agree that there are highlights, though what those highlights are seems pretty open to personal preference. It feels more like an interesting collection of ideas than a singular work and for what it is I think it delivers a lot of great stuff.

Exai is probably my favorite album, honestly. Don't even think it needs trimming, really, though I'll admit to listening to disc 1 more than disc 2. Of their recent output I honestly think Oversteps is the more overrated release. Don't get me wrong, it's really beautiful, but I feel like the tracks all get pretty samey in the second half and I actually think it could use trimming more than Exai (despite Exai being twice as long).
>>
>>66483074
I love how opinions are. I like disc two of Exai more than disc one.

I think the most overrated is Amber, maybe Quaristice
>>
>>66482532
where are you seeing them?

>>66483074
i agree, though i really do love oversteps. the sequencing definitely could have been better, however. the end of the album would have benefited from some a jolt of energy - qplay being placed closer to the end could have added some much needed momentum.

love the meandering nature of elseq, with all it's micro-progressions, as it reminds me of chiastic which is another one of my favorites.
>>
>>66483074
The only thing that needed cutting from Oversteps is the screechy shit in known(1). For me the album really picks up when it hits Treale.

>>66483252
elseq 5 feels like an extension of Exai disc 2 so it's by far my favorite of the 5. The only problem there is that pendulu casual reminds me a lot of cloudline, but it's not nearly as good.
>>
File: 1402960722158.png (99 KB, 168x244) Image search: [Google]
1402960722158.png
99 KB, 168x244
>>66483706
>The only thing that needed cutting from Oversteps is the screechy shit in known(1)
>>
>>66483252
Don't get me wrong, nodezsh, cloudline, fuckin' deco loc and yjy ux are all fantastic but I think the sequencing on the first disc is just about perfect. Tuinorizn is the only track I could imagine cutting or moving and bladelores is just such a satisfying conclusion. 1 1 is does a great job of sort of appearing out of bladelores' ashes, though, if that makes sense.
>>
>>66483706
damn, i love that part of known(1), especially that fucking exquisite glitch/skipping section at 2:38 - 2:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vWoxs47oiE

it's also what keeps it from becoming a full-on coil tribute. this is definitely a sean track imo btw.
>>
>>66483706
Aw man, I love those little guys in known(1). It sounds very much alive despite being a totally inorganic timbre.

Elseq 5 I think is kinda the odd one out if the bunch—not in bad way, but you could easily trade tracks between, say, 1 and 4, but 5 kinda has its own thing going on. Spth is one of my favorites.

Honestly, feed1 is the track that has continued to grow on me the most and it might be favorite. It sounds like a goddamn alien invasion and I love all the tiny details happening beneath the noise.
>>
>>66482599
yeah but while elseq may be getting more love on /mu/ and rym, it's been pretty overlooked everywhere else. exai was very critically acclaimed - their most positively received album since confield going by metacritic - and it also got a good deal of press. conversely, elseq has literally only been reviewed by 5 major publications and has gotten little coverage. so it depends on what angle you look at it from.
>>
>>66483252
Amber is their most underrated one. Not enough people care to admit that Amber is their favorite anymore.
>>
best amber-era track coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etMq1i8PzY8
>>
>>66483943
That's what I like about elseq 5. It gives me the same freezing wintery vibe I get from Oversteps even though it sounds very different.
>>
File: page-000038.jpg (645 KB, 1750x1674) Image search: [Google]
page-000038.jpg
645 KB, 1750x1674
>no rob or sean husbando
Why live
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.