[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal "favorite album edition"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 1425x1425
>Band: Veil Of Maya
>Album: The Common Man's Collapse
>Year: 2008
This is probably my favorite album to date. This band brings a lot to the table as far as the deathcore scene goes. The songs on this album are very catchy and technical. I would highly recommend this album to any metal fan. I wish this band got more praise for their work.
>10/10
>>
File: orphan.jpg (341 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
orphan.jpg
341 KB, 1200x1200
>Band: Gridlink
>Album: Orphan
>Year: 2011
Fast as fuck harmonic, melodic grindcore exploring the psychology of war. 12 minutes and 8 seconds of pure energy. Takafumi Matsubara said he wanted to evoke "hopeless anger" and it delivers completely. Crazy precise drumming, guitar riffs that alternate between technical and simplistically emotional, and vocals that have the urgency and panic of a man on fire combined with the precision of, well, Jon Chang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwJpcrZnbfs
Their final album probably had better songwriting, but some of the energy from the rough, bright production and live recording is missing (although I'm not sure if Longhena was recorded live or not. I know they used digital recording for the first time on it). They're about equally good really though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBfQN6kgs2ok
>>66478107
Veil of Maya was very popular when they came out. Them and Born of Osiris were the bands that I remember kicking off the whole djent scene with all the polyrhythmic breakdowns. I like "It's not Safe to Swim Today" a lot, but I haven't listened to a full album. I recommend Born of Osiris' the discovery if you like VOM and can stand some really new agey/psychedelic spiritual stuff. Here's the single from that album (I don't know if the lyrics are right. I caught something I disagree with when I glanced at it but you know.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBCm9uyafWY
>>
File: 20940.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
20940.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>Band: Burzum
>Album: Burzum / Aske
>Year: 1992 / 1993
Burzum at its best. Nothing else to add, really.
>10/10
>>
>Band: Architects
>Album: Lost Forever // Lost Together
>Year: 2014

Hate me all you want, I am in love with the vocals.
>>
Metal "shit taste edition".
>>
>>66478899
I haven't heard Aske yet, but I prefer his ambient music from what I've heard. The pre-jail BM is better though. I think my favorite from him is "Sôl austan, Mâni vestan", although this song, to me, is the most beautiful thing I've heard from him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyPS4HW2-P4
I've been going through his stuff. I'll listen to Aske next.
>>66479038
I wanna say I saw them live on one of those big 10 band tours they have in the summer and they sucked, but I know there are at least two bands named Architects. I remember this band I'm referring to having an easily playable hi-hat part as part of an electronic backing track despite having a drummer and I got triggered pretty hard by that.
>>
>>66479064
Shit. <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYbbXHVzT4
>>
>>66478580
>hasn't listened to a full VOM album... let alone the god tier TCMC
>is recommending music for fans of VOM
kindly take you and your talking ass out of here
>>
>>66479247
No.
>>
>>66479195
Doesn't sound like the same Architects to me. They're british if that helps anything, you can hear the accent clearly in the lead singers voice.

I haven't really checked out any of their other albums, though. Have you ever listened to August Burns Red? I used to love them but kinda stopped once I got more into black metal.
>>
>>66479277
that really is an impressive ass, sir. never did see one that could talk, sir.
>>
>>66479195
>The pre-jail BM is better though.
Burzum was literally his first album, he released it on Euronymous' label, DSP. Aske is the EP that followed right after. They are some of his earliest and most meaningful outputs, and obviously both pre-jail BM.

>I'll listen to Aske next.
Do that.
>>
>>66479281
Yeah, I've seen "Architects (UK)" written before, but I think I've just avoided both of them. I like August Burns Red, or at least constellations, which I had on CD. I think I got the album with the truck on the cover too, but I didn't like that as much. Yeah, I'm remembering that one being fillery now.
They had nice melodies, and it worked well combined with the steady polyrhythmic breakdowns while still retaining character.
>>66479305
You're too kind. Would you like to fuck my ass?
>>66479343
I've heard Burzum I think. Yeah, I gave it a 7/10 on RYM. I didn't like Filosofem, but if Aske is in between those it seems like it has potential for being better than Burzum, following the same kind of aesthetic.
>>
File: Periphery I.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Periphery I.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
>Band: Periphery
>Album: Periphery
>Year: 2010
All the duh-jent blew my mind in high school and I thought I was listening to metal from the future. Honestly, I'm not really into their new stuff but the 2nd self title was alright and so are Bulb's demos.
>>
>>66479442
no thx faget
>>
File: TesseracT.jpg (20 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
TesseracT.jpg
20 KB, 350x263
>>66479469
Have you heard TesseracT?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO_Cp-Qlg5E
>>
File: White Pony.jpg (82 KB, 1653x1653) Image search: [Google]
White Pony.jpg
82 KB, 1653x1653
>>66478107
>Band: Deftones
>Album: White Pony
>Year: 2000

A lot of people dismiss Deftones as just a nu-metal band, but this album started their transition into a more experimental/melodic take on metal. Songs like Digital Bath, RX Queen, and Knife Party, and Pink Maggot demonstrate the mix of heavy guitars with a more melodic/atmospheric take on vocals.
>>
File: Periphery.jpg (34 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
Periphery.jpg
34 KB, 325x325
>>66479469
Haha, gonna have to 2nd you on this one, although I love all of periphery's work, this album is just the best, and probably my favorite album of all time from any band.

>Band: Periphery
>Album: Periphery
>Year: 2010
>>
>>66478107
That and [id] are top tier albums. Eclipse was okay, and now they've somehow turned into a whiny singing metalcore band. Shit sucks
>>
>>66478107
>>66479038
>>66479469
>>66481089
Fuck off djentshareguy
>>
Chirst
Someone ask mod to delete this thread.
I mean, holy shit.
>>
>>66478107
lol this band its going downhill just like Periphery

>Periphery of Maya
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.