[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/classical/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1330x1330) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1330x1330
post romanticism
>>
Just back from the concert I was at (plus after party)

The interpretation of Beethoven 5 was actually really good. Plus it was the best performance of a non-conservatoire student orchestra I've ever heard. The Dallapiccola was sufficiently alluring but also very much assured in its dodecaphony, the Nielson was very good (apart from a couple of issues in balance, but such is the nature of a flute concerto) and the performance of Beethoven 5 was actually really incredible. The conductor was very insistent on being 'different' (i.e. he didn't let the applause for him coming on finish before he struck up the first movement, the 'fate' motif was taken quite unconventionally and the only really gap between movements was between the 2nd and 3rd, the others all flowed together). All in all, a really pleasant night.
>>
>>60594627
where was the concert
>>
>>60594721

In what sense
>>
>>60594751
my eyes
>>
>>60594789
good meme
>>
>>60594804
just tell me the city pls
>>
>>60594827

why does it matter to you

Also Brahms' op. 10 Ballades are fucking GOAT
>>
>>60594892
nevermind

is there a romanticism chart anywhere?
>>
>>60594892
im liking it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs0NelQUGek
>>
File: cover.jpg (88 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
88 KB, 400x400
DAMN its still just me and a trip fag
>>
>>60595959
>>
File: cover.jpg (76 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
76 KB, 500x497
>>60595959
I'm lurking with nothing to post.
I suppose to try and start some type of discussion, what're some essential Liszt pianists?
Right now I can think of
>Earl Wild
>Sviatoslav Richter
>Alfred Cortot
>Bertrand Chamayou
>Emil Gilels
>Martha Argerich
>Sergio Fiorentino
I haven't listened to him in Liszt but I imagine Hamelin probably isn't too bad in him.
>>
>>60596050
thats already a handful of pianists senpai
>>
>>60596171
senpai
SENPAI
f a m
senpai
SENPAI
s e n p a i
>>
>>60596171
Liszt has dozens of options though.
>>
Does anyone know the mozart piano concerto where, in the first movement, the piano plays for the melody from mozarts 40th (25th maybe?) symphony?
>>
gentlemen

https://strawpoll.me/6095681
>>
File: oface.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
oface.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
How about the Bach autist playing Wagner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjIX9mwcyPE
>>
newfag here

what is Op.
>>
>>60593465
>listens to music by priviliged old straight white men

not even meeming

how's it feel to be an oppressor?
>>
>>60596885
>implying Mozart and Beethoven aren't proud Women of Colour
Check your privilege cis scum
>>
>>60596869
opus, works of composer

op1,op2,op3,op465
>>
>>60596885
>paying attention to non-musical aspects

I just listen to classical because its extremely high quality and varied.
>>
File: Moorzart.jpg (44 KB, 500x711) Image search: [Google]
Moorzart.jpg
44 KB, 500x711
>>60596885
>privileged
>straight
>white
>men
/classical/ is a safe space for LGBT+ peoples and POC.
Check your privilege.
>>
>>60597144
that's such a priviliged thing to say. If you weren't in a state of power you would look at it different.

How come there are no black, female, or trans composers being discussed here?
>>
http://www.orartswatch.org/45th-parallel-non-review-much-unfamiliar-little-new/#more-28461

early pitchfork-like writing addressing why classical music is so fucked up. and I grew up in this milieu!
>>
>>60596885

>straight
i guerentee very few composers were straight or at least far more were gay than we know. you couldnt be public or even private about that shit so you just pretended to be straight in those days.
>>
>>60597294
>Tchaikovsky

the list goes on
>>
>>60597178
>How come there are no black, female, or trans composers being discussed here?
you're just ignorant of what is discussed on /classical/.
stick around for a couple months, you'll see the odd female composer and "wendy" carlos come up.

The main reason is that black, female and trans people haven't written that much great music compared to white European men.

Only musical quallity matters to us, not race, not gender, not sexuality.

Once females, niggers and LGBTs start writing amazing music, then we'll pay attention.
>>
>>60597512
maybe if they werent oppressed, also your speech is oppressing them
>>
>>60597512
>female and trans people haven't written that much great music compared to white European men.
or theyre music hasnt been given the same opportunity to be heard or made. black africans and indians and people of the middle east have written more great music than white europeans. and as i stated earlier. more trans women and homosexuals than we know were probably composers they just never got to publically display their gender or sexuality due to societal views and repercussions..
>>
>>60597539
>>60597655
we cant change history. Do you guys just want to whinge, or do you have some kind of solution?

We're living in an age that is much more equal than ever before. Female composers make up a large portion of currently active composers.

Please dont just whinge about history. Either suggest a solution, ask some /classical/ related questions, or fuck off.
>>
>>60597698
rude
>>
>>60597764
*fair

you have added nothing /classical/ related to this discussion. Its well known that females and non-straight people have been persecuted throughout history. This thread is for discussion of classical music. If you have nothing to add, I'm sure /pol/ would be interested in your half-informed opinions. At least they wouldn't complain about your spiels not being music related.

If you dont have knowledge of art music, you definitely shouldn't be using a trip in a /classical/ thread. If anything its rude to come into this thread and derail it with discussion of commonly known shit.
>>
>>60597851
i'm sorry :(

please forgive me
>>
>>60597178
We talk about how underrated Mozart is every thread.
>inb4 whitewash propaganda
>>
>>60596050
cziffra
nyiregyhazi
berman
>>
File: FxIPBn5.jpg (35 KB, 525x730) Image search: [Google]
FxIPBn5.jpg
35 KB, 525x730
>>60597178
>>
>>60598286
>nyiregyhazi
The essential pianist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfkvDR87dZQ
>>
>>60598489
yea he's awesome i always plug him but hardly anyone's ever heard of him it feels like
>>
>>60596050
>>60598286
plus Arrau, Ginzburg, Sofronitsky, Horowitz, Solomon, Barere, Petri, Sandor, Kempff, Feinberg, Bolet, and the very forgotten pianist Walter Rehberg

also liszt had many students which left a number of recordings even though they were usually long past their primes: (friedheim, sauer, d'albert, lamond, liszt goes on...)
>>
>>60598865
also forgot about curzon, freire, petrov, and joseph villa
>>
>>60593465
why would you say Classical if its a Romantic thread?

pleb detected desu
>>
>>60596885
>how's it feel to be an oppressor?
lovely

the white mans burden and all
we have the obligation to oppress uncultured troglodytes
>>
>>60599473
>tries to into semantics
>can't into semantics
>>
>>60599542
anti Semite spotted

go back to your wagner thread bigot
>>
>>60599636
I love Jews they're my favorite performers.
>>
>>60599473
Its funny I read it as "post-romanticism"

I was about to say "Liszt isn't post-romanticism"
but then I realized he was literally saying "post some Liszt"
>>
>>60596050

Probably Leslie Howard too. Foremost scholar of Liszt alive at the moment plus he recorded all of Liszt's piano works which was pretty impressive.
>>
>>60597655
>or theyre music hasnt been given the same opportunity to be heard or made. black africans and indians and people of the middle east have written more great music than white europeans

To begin you might want to start with your grammar. It's fucking terrible. Secondly you made a point about Black Africans and Indians and people of the Middle East have written more great music than white Europeans. That's your opinion, why are you so butthurt when other peoples opinions differ? It's not categorically true is it? It's all subjective. White people deserve praise where praise is due. White people are superior when it comes to Classical music.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.