[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Write a short autobiography and some highlights of your life/how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: ! ! ! ! pyramid.jpg (2 KB, 146x97) Image search: [Google]
! ! ! ! pyramid.jpg
2 KB, 146x97
Write a short autobiography and some highlights of your life/how you got into music and others will guess what you listen to/rec music
>>
>keyboard in house as child
>i like it
>music starts
>>
File: Endtroducingcover.jpg (36 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
Endtroducingcover.jpg
36 KB, 300x295
My dad bought me an AC/DC album, Highway to Hell, when I was young. I instantly became a fan. The music was like nothing I have ever heard, and it was fantastic.

I kept on listening to heavy rock but it wasn't until I found Slipknot that I really became a music fan. Something about them really captured me (probably the masks). Wait and Bleed was one of the first songs to really blow me away.

However, it wasn't until I heard Endtroducing by DJ Shadow, that I really learned to appreciate music, and the album format. It might be cliché, but that album changed my life and is one of my favorite albums.

Now I'm older and my music library has grown a lot. But very few albums have had the same effect that Endtroducing has had on me. Although The Glow pt.2, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, and Lift Yr Skinny Fists are all favorites that have changed my opinion on music and life in some way.
>>
>>60578891
They played Pink Floyd at my uncles funeral. I think also had Division Bell on a shelf somewhere and he might showed me it. idk
>>
>>60578935
>>60579000

need more senpai
>>
>>60578891
>is a loner and pervert
>pesimistic extrovert
>native from mex
>bilengual clearly..
My real interest in music began with me trying to forget about all the stupid decisions I made with handling relationships which included platonic ones. And of course, they only remind me of what happened before then. Otherwise they at least make me think of what it could have been if it weren't for me being so stupid.
Yet I like it, they tell stories, and try and fit to how my situation then, was; and how it applied to the lyrics/my thoughts.
Never understood how people could forget things.. Even with a vice, because my vice only reminds me of the only real friend I thought I had, which to me companions come and go, like doctor who almost, last only a couple of months and I vanish.
>>
>>60578891
>watch tv
>turn to music channel
>music videos are entertaining i guess
>get piano lessions for some reason
>its okay
>friend suggests the website 4chan
>stumble onto mu
>listen to mu core

idk how someone can "get into" music at the start, it kinda just happens
>>
>>60579133
It's all i got

it's my life is
>>
My dad invented music
>>
>>60579133
>like different sounds on keyboard
>first show at 13
>later play other instruments in bands
>>
• Funk/Old Skool/RnB/New Wave influence from my mom and aunts; • 50s swing and doowop from my grandma, • rap/hip-hop influence from my dad, • rock/alt-rock/metal influence (as well as my first guitar) from my uncle, • indie folk and country influence from my stepsister, • electronic/dance/french house/every other subgenre of EDM from my best friends. I cultivated an interest in experimental music, jazz/smooth jazz/hard bop, and delta blues and some classical on my own within the past 5 or 6 years.

Life is good man. Music is fucking amazing.
>>
File: 1448301008745.jpg (561 KB, 1771x1482) Image search: [Google]
1448301008745.jpg
561 KB, 1771x1482
First exposure to music was my parents. They played music together, quite often with me in the room as a baby. There was a tape of music I would play every night when I went to sleep that my mother made. After that, I enjoyed SNES/N64 soundtracks. Then Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtracks/MTV/Radio introduced me to non-VGM music. Then YouTube came out and i started finding a lot of bands through there by searching for ones I already liked. Mostly rock/nu-metal. Started playing a game called RuneScape around 2004 and I found a lot of bands through RS YouTube videos. Taste was largely shaped around YouTube/film soundtracks/VGM for a long time. In 2011 I found last.fm/pandora and started finding more stuff through the radio and the similar artists feature. At this point I mainly listened to metalcore like Bring Me the Horizon and Asking Alexandria. One day I was watching a movie and this track started playing that blew my fucking mind. Looked it up, found it was by 'Godspeed You! Black Emperor.' Got into post-rock and subsequently indie rock and other entry level genres thanks to last.fm. Lurked 4chan from 2008 but never checked out /mu/ before. One day in 2012 i got bored and decided to check it out. Now I listen to found sound halloween spooky shit sounds from abandoned asylums, microtonal banjo-aquatics and post-avant mickey mouse.

aka neofolk slowcore ambient delta blues freak folk avant folk psych folk shoegaze dream pop noise pop noise rock black metal primitivism chamber folk darkjazz christian gangsta rap drone metal ambient-dub ambient-techno field recordings industrial classical krautrock lo-fi no wave new age outsider post-punk minimal real-emo-screamo power electronics spacetwee dreamjazz frogfuck memeswing vaporcore
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.