[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ What is your opinion on Deathcore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: Emmure.jpg (245 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Emmure.jpg
245 KB, 1200x800
I really like and I think it's really interesting to listen to, and the genre has such a wide variety of different bands to listen to.

Your thoughts?
>>
File: rule2.png (2 KB, 327x41) Image search: [Google]
rule2.png
2 KB, 327x41
>>
Ridiculous caveman type music for when you want to shut your brain off and listening to intense blasting sections wtih semi-tech / melodic riffs that then suddenly shift gears into a sick fucking breakdown where you lose your shit 1000 times

It's fun when you're in the mood for it.

Emmure is one of the top 5 most ridiculous bands for their wigger nu-metal influence, spoken word sections and tons and tons of obliviously ignorant breakdowns. I cannot take them seriously but they are fantastic.

Personally my faves are the Sumericancore bands just because they up the math/tech/outer space/keyboard noodling and the breakdowns are absolutely fucking punishing in contrast - especially when you've got the djenty tones/tunings. Pretty much djent with more balls.
>>
>>60540703
This is more cancer than poptism
>>
>>60540703
it's awful

>>60540783
not nearly as bad as poptimism
>>
>>60540732
>>60540783
>>60540797
have you actually listened to any deathcore songs or is this just a gut reaction because it's mostly edgy teenagers that listen to deathcore?
>>
>>60540732

this desu
>>
File: Best rapper.jpg (35 KB, 620x389) Image search: [Google]
Best rapper.jpg
35 KB, 620x389
>>60540783
I disagree.
>>
>>60540835
I mean, I've not listened to much but what I have is some of the shittiest music I've heard.

And if you're a fucking adult listening to deathcore then thats cringy as fuck
>>
File: Truth.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>60540870
Explain?
>>
>>60540870
"shittiest music" or probably just not your thing - it's all relative really. i mean i think glitch music is fantastic but i'm sure there's many people who would just think glitch is the shittiest thing they've ever heard just cause the only music they enjoy is oasis or some shit

also music taste in regards to maturity level becomes really unimportant as an adult when you're focused on other things. plus listening to "immature" music can be fun especially the nostalgia that comes with it.

going to deathcore shows as an adult is cringey as fuck though ill agree on that, or wearing t-shirts of deathcore bands.

this also applies to death metal and black metal as well to be fair.
>>
>>60540703
Irredeemably terrible
>>
File: the-discovery-4fa48163cbf72.jpg (731 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
the-discovery-4fa48163cbf72.jpg
731 KB, 1000x1000
This is the only deathcore band I've liked
>>
>>60540780
Agreed with this post

Sometimes i'd just much rather have something like Emmure than what I'd usually would
>>
It's pretty terrible as a whole, but as always there are some hidden gems that are at least more interesting than the average. Exoplanet by The Contortionist does a decent job of adding prog to the mix without sounding like djenty garbage. The Discovery by Born Of Osiris is halfway tech death and bizarrely atmospheric.
>>
Where's dmshareguy when you need him
>>
>>60540835
i have listened to deathcore, it's awful
>>60540870
>age determines music tastes
kill yourself you underage
>>
I mean, tech-death is pretty much a blanket term for "good deathcore" so some of it is bretty gud
>>
File: 81O8gEinCjL._SL1500_.jpg (304 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81O8gEinCjL._SL1500_.jpg
304 KB, 1500x1500
The only good deathcore
>>
orchid is goat deathcore
>>
>>60541227
>b-b-but thats not deathcore

oh wait, I see your point.

seriously, it's the whole wigger thing that turns me off most about deathcore
>>
File: hailmary.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hailmary.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
is this deathcore cause I like it
>>
>>60541285
funny because it's the whole sweaty fat long haired smelly bearded fedora autist thing than turns me off the most about death metal

>let me see some headbanging
>let me see those horns in the air

embarassing
>>
File: 1447845849316.png (58 KB, 632x600) Image search: [Google]
1447845849316.png
58 KB, 632x600
Deathcore is boring as fuck. Most Death Metal is, really.

>>60541227
This album is cool though.
>>
>>60540703
deathcore would be alright if it didn't take it self so fucking seriously
>>
>>60540780

its bro music
>>
>>60541328
what are you talking about it doesn't take itself that seriously at all, at least the fans don't

in comparison slam death is way way less serious which is cool

OSDM heads seem to be the most serious if you ask me
>>
>>60541410
yeah slam is goofy and it knows it

deathcore seems to be slow on understanding that though

osdm is super srs as well but the music isn't as goofy as slam or deathcore so it's slightly more excusable
>>
>>60541328
Only pseudo-prog djentcore bands like BoO and VoM take themselves seriously
>>
>>60541320
I know you're just itching to post a picture of a sweaty fat long haired smelly bearded fedora autist wearing a Cannibal Corpse shirt so I'm not going to argue that that is non existent. ut thats not a defining characteristic of the genre (except 'long hair'), whereas the rap influence and wiggersh arm movements are characteristics of deathcore, as isthe whole 'core' vocals stolen from NYHC where I like them - not so much in metal.

And there's cringey and embarrassing stage banter in every genre so I don't really see your point there
>>
>>60541567
i've watched recent 2015 video footage of Pungent Stench, Sadist and Broken Hope and they all seem to have the whole fat old washed up metal guy aesthetic - i can practically smell the body odour from here
>>
>>60541434
OSDM deserves props for being 'super serious'.

Yeah they all know their lyriccal themes of extreme violence and gore are ridiculous, but there's no way to sell that being tongue in cheek or ironic. Then it just comes across as as a cop out - like :oh look I'm so brutal but really not so it's ok'

which is another reason I don't like deathcore - the stradlling of the fence between 'RAAAWWWHH IM SO ANGRY AND BRUTAL" and "Oh, I'm so sensitive and hurt. waaaaah" in every single song
>>
>>60541637
>watching bands 25 years after their peak
>"they're old and fat!"

well, duh. But how individual musicians have let themselves age really doesn't make any point about the genre
>>
>>60541744
it's embarassing they should have real jobs
>>
Is there such a thing as brutal slam deathcore (or brutal slamcore)?

Should i start a brutal slamcore band?
>>
>>60540703
Remidner that Deathcore is NOT music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po
>>
>>60542207
Literally fedora: the person
>>
>>60541962
Check out Disfiguring The Goddess
>>
>>60542619
pretty damn good son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToNyD6XHlRc
>>
Animosity and Red Chord are great
>>
>>60540703
Trash genre with a few decent bands
>After The Burial
>Within The Ruins
>Vildhjarta
That's literally it. Go listen to bands on Deathwish Inc. if you want to listen to something that's actually heavy and aggressive, not babbyshit deathcore
>>
>>60542808
>Vildhjarta
>deathcore
>>
>>60542808
I like deathwish inc, but most of their current bands are entry level mate, don't pretend they're amazing
>>
>>60542857
Well i guess that means there's only 2 good deathcore bands then. Thanks for proving my point tho
>>
File: 148 (1).jpg (38 KB, 680x593) Image search: [Google]
148 (1).jpg
38 KB, 680x593
>>60540703
Their most popular song is a 4 minute breakdown.

How does it feel to know that they took the worst part of metalcore, made a song that was just that, and people listen to it?
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
Core bands in general are fucking garbage.
>edgy opening scream
>breakdown
>5 minute breakdown
>3 seconds of variety
>same breakdown
>takes another 30 seconds to fade out.

7 angels 7 plagues, botch, misery signals, and a lot like birds are the only good core bands worth investing in
>>
>>60544165
Don't forget Converge, m8.
>>
>>60544165
Botch was solid. Botch was also 15 years ago so there's that. Their style has been copied to death.
>>
>>60540783

especially because kurt angle was on one of their album covers
>>
>>60544165
Listen to Cave In, Coalesce and Starkweather you pleb
>>
>>60545070
listened to cave in once, probably need more listens for it to grow on me. I'll check out the other two
>>
it's literally the nu metal of today

death metal is good in two ways: it creates a thick, dense horror atmosphere, and it's experimental and complex. Deathcore literally removes the experimental complexity and it significantly lightens the atmosphere and feeling to the point where there is no horror element

hardcore is worthwhile because it's a genuine outpouring of emotion. Deathcore is all about posturing and being br00tal, so there is no genuine emotion.

Thus, literally all you're left with is tough guy posturing, and the heart of the parent genres is completely lost
>>
>>60542804
I refuse to believe that The Red Chord have ever been deathcore at any point in their career. I literally can't hear it, sure there's hardcore influence in a lot of their stuff but it's an actual hardcore punk influence as opposed to /DUN DUN DUNDUNDUNDUN/ shit
>>
>>60541227
There's only one song on there that is remotely deathcore.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.