[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone realistically learn the piano when starting at 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg (28 KB, 545x362) Image search: [Google]
B7f2_OECEAAyijj.jpg
28 KB, 545x362
Can someone realistically learn the piano when starting at 20? If I practiced 4h every day how long would it take me to play like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePvpuLSKz9A

?
>>
>>66197724
>If I practiced 4h every day how long would it take me to play like this
No idea but less than 5 years I bet if you ACTUALLY keep that pace up
>>
>>66197724
Age doesn't matter, but ask yourself this: are you gonna keep that up? Do you still have sufficient energy and willpower left after your daily obligations? Are you willing to give up other (easier, pleasurable) things for this? Will you enjoy the learning process in its intricacies and mastering (much) simpler pieces along the way, or are you gonna feel frustrated all the time because you haven't achieved your very specific goal? Can you make a long-term plan and execute it step by step even if it takes months or years? Do you face adversity rapidly and courageously?

If the answer is yes to all of the above, you have nothing to be concerned about: I'd say 2 years.
>>
>>66198072
>Age doesn't matter
>what is neuroplasticity
>>
>>66197724
It's all practice and knowing how to practice. You can wank around on blues scale guitar 5 fives years and someone who has been actively practicing, learning, and trying to get better could be better in a way lower stretch of time.
>>
>>66198276
It's one of the elements that actually matter, unlike age. But OP's age is correlated with advantages as well, if you wanna follow that thread far enough, like having an arsenal of learning strategies and greater self-control.
>>
>>66198403
the same learning strategies and self-control could be forced upon a kid by a teacher or tutor or whatever. neuroplasticity holds way more weight imo. but yes, you can still learn piano in your 20s. you're not that old
>>
>>66198450
Whereas in the case of a young adult, who has mastered them already, a teacher could add even more, as opposed to starting from scratch.

And there are other factors. In this age range, OP has nothing to worry about, except his own conflicting inclinations.
>>
>>66198276
an excuse that retards tell themselves so they have a reason for why they didn't learn something or why they're shit when they don't put the effort in.

>>66197724
you can learn the piano at 45 and barring hand problems, you will be a good player and enjoy playing music for many years. every year you wait is another year that you aren't a piano player, so if you want to be one, you should get on it. you're only shortchanging yourself. look at it this way, your goal should be to become the best piano player you can be, which can best be achieved by starting asap. you wouldn't doubt that you can learn any other type of skill, so why draw a line in the sand at piano? if you wanted to learn to play basketball, yu wouldn't say you cant, you would just join a rec league and start going up to the park and working on your game. ya, you wont ever be a world class athlete or pianist, but you wouldn't have been that if you started at 5 either.
>>
>>66199261
Does anybody know where I can buy a cheap used (upright) piano? Or are there any good cheap starter keyboards that have the feel of a real piano?
>>
>>66198276
a fucking meme
>>66197724
nigga you can do anything you want as long as you fucking WORK FOR IT AND DONT GIVE UP
is hard but it can be done
>>
>>66199834
>Or are there any good cheap starter keyboards that have the feel of a real piano?
casio cdp 120
>>
>>66199834
Uprights have a different mechanism, not sure they're what you're looking for in terms of feel if you have a grand in mind. Get a decent entry-level digital piano - kawai es-100, yamaha p 115, casio privia px 150...
>>
>>66199834
the internet
>>
>>66199933
>>66199930
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to bite the bullet and save a little bit to buy me a digital piano, at least a big investment will make me practice more.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.