[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album really depresses me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (17 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
17 KB, 220x220
This album really depresses me.
>>
>>66079082
>dad rock
But memes aside, yeah, I think it depressed the artists too, even though it's not their most realized album. There's a lot of epiphanies in this album, the corruption of material goods, the passing of time and want. Overall, I think it ends on a pretty positive note, much like a lot of their albums do. After going through their discog, I think this and The Wall are overhyped. If you haven't, (you probably have) listen to Wish You Were Here and Animals, the best albums later Floyd did.
>>
>>66079082
>dude fuck the
>*one two three four*
>MMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEED LMAO

What did The Pink Floyd mean by that?
>>
it reminds me of when i was happy.
>>
>>66079230

I agree. And I prefer WYWH actually. I just listened to this recently and I just graduated college and started my job. I realized that all my friends have left to other parts of the country and that the time of youth and careless partying are over, but what did I really accomplish? I didn't feel like I formed concrete bonds with anyone and I just wish I could go back and make a bigger effort towards making friends that I could keep.
>>
>>66079082
Animals is shit
>>
>>66079269
I feel you brother, I dropped out of uni and started my own projects and I felt rather dull about achieving nothing their, but you have your memories. I only made one friend their and he was form the Dominican Republic, but I talk to him almost every other day. Life is big, and full of opportunities for you to feel more accomplished. Take what you told me and use it to feel more fulfilled. Create new bonds in this stage of your life, live in the present and just know that you did have good times
>>
>>66079296
Its bretty good, give it some more spins and it will grow on you.
>>
>>66079296

I used to think this too. It's not my favorite, but it's a great album.
>>
>>66079320
Fuck, all those *there problems. Now it shows I dropped out of college, hah
>>
File: gNT7hEJ.png (18 KB, 692x638) Image search: [Google]
gNT7hEJ.png
18 KB, 692x638
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
>>
I keep trying to get into this album but the God damned intro song is so annoying
>>
Not me. Especially Brain Damage and Eclipse. I was really depressed while with my friend one night and those songs made me feel a lot better.
>>
>>66079949
why do people always talk about brain damage and eclipsed? any colour you like is right before those two and happens to be better than everything on the album in the first place... it was even markets as the b side to them r main promotional single 'money', it's them trying to showcase the main selling points of the album...
>>
>>66079082
It depresses me that it is the best selling album that they've produced when the wall is way better :^)
>>
>>66080951
debatable.
most of his popular records (and meddle) are all so varied in style that in the end it just comes down to personal preference.
>>
File: 1456687609331.jpg (21 KB, 371x354) Image search: [Google]
1456687609331.jpg
21 KB, 371x354
>>66079296
your shit
>>
>The Great Gig In The Sky
>10/10
fite me
>>
>>66079881
skip it man the rest is excellent. I hate the first track on Loveless but love the rest so i feel ya
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.