[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the only math rock album that doesn't suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: thelistgoeson.jpg (46 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
thelistgoeson.jpg
46 KB, 628x628
Why is this the only math rock album that doesn't suck? So much wasted potential...
>>
>liking flint
mama mia
>>
math rock is boring as shit including that album
>>
I remember 2036 very clearly. It is difficult to describe 2036 in detail without spending a great deal of time explaining why things are so different.

In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa. A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.

There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their heads.

Life has changed so much over my lifetime that it's hard to pin down a "normal" day. When I was 13, I was a soldier. As a teenager, I helped my dad haul cargo. I went to college when I was 31 and I was recruited to "time travel" shortly after that. Again, I suppose an average day in 2036 is like an average day on the farm.

There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska.

One of the biggest reasons why food production is localized is because the environment is affected with disease and radiation. We are making huge strides in getting it cleaned up. Water is produced on a community level and we do eat meat that we raise ourselves.
>>
math rock is fun as shit including that album
>>
File: folder.jpg (284 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
284 KB, 1000x1000
>>66026558
give this a try
>>
What about Yank Crime?
>>
>>66026592
Oh come on, thats as generic as math-rock can get.
>>
File: 1466713272888.jpg (149 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1466713272888.jpg
149 KB, 700x700
>>66026656
take that back
>>
Listen to Uchu Conibini. Hard to find their music on youtube, but I did get the album off a blogspot or some shit.

Female Japanese singer.
>>
>>66026558
>he fell for the spiderland meme
>>
>>66026669
No. I remember you posting that album before. I listened to it then and it was just boring. Sounded like every other unknown math-rock bands out there. Sorry.

>>66026625
Fun record, but it's not math-rock.
>>
>>66026592
second this, toe and this album is my most played on last.fm
>>
File: Don Cab 2.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Don Cab 2.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
pappa pia
>>
You're a fucking philistine and should stop listening to music entirely if you don't think Piglet's Lava Land was good.
>>
>>66026747
I'll respect your opinion but this is the only time I've posted this album
>>
File: image.jpg (528 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
528 KB, 1200x1200
>>66026558
You're wrong.
> https://trovarobato.bandcamp.com/album/bios
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.