[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I'M THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE IN 2015 Once I finish this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: People having fun.jpg (50 KB, 700x448) Image search: [Google]
People having fun.jpg
50 KB, 700x448
"I'M THE BIGGEST HYPOCRITE IN 2015
Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean, I mean, it's evident that I'm irrelevant to society
That's what you're telling me, penitentiary would only hire me"

For the actual Black people that browse /mu/ (if any) how do you respond to Kendrick Lamar's lyrics in his music about Black America and the African American struggle?

Do you agree with his messages? If not, do you even like his music?

I personally think The Black the Berry is one of the most powerful songs Kendrick has written so far in his music career. I don't agree with some of the messages in the song but musically it's just amazing.
>>
Half black, quarter Colombian, quarter white person here

Oppressed minorities is an old meme and isn't relevant to modern day. The days of Rodney King and Boyz N The Hood are over, police don't give a shit about race anymore. White guilt has been milked too much, and the "poor me" mentality of blacks has run dry. They act like they're the only fucking oppressed group, like Irish weren't enslaved, Native Americans weren't treated like shit, and the Hispanics didn't get shit on by the government (and still do desu). Kendrick's a good artist, and Blacker the Berry is more about afrocentricism and accepting responsibilities than "boo hoo my great great granddaddy worked on a field". I've lived in North Philly my whole life, and let me tell you, if anyone's oppressed it's the poor. Racism isn't the problem, it's poverty. Poverty and the perpetuation and glorification of violence and gangs. Hell, look at Chicago.
>>
>>65788068
Black guy here.

The Blacker the Berry is the song of the decade. It hits all of the points that black people struggle with everyday (from stereotypes to a system literally rigged to make you fail) while still touching on big issues like the hypocrisy within the black community. And he does it in a humanizing way by saying "I'M the biggest hypocrite of 2015" and not trying to point fingers and lecture down to his audience.

As far as the rest of the album, it's incredibly dense, I gotta say. I really like how iconic Alright is, a feel good song that reassures black people that they're not alone in these scary ass times. For Free? is fucking amazing.

Musically, it's not very catchy, but the lyrics more than make up for it and after a couple of listens you get used to it. Untitled Unmastered was better musically, but not as good lyrically.
>>
>>65788191
am Irish, Irish people aren't oppressed in the modern day due to slavery, I think black Americans still are

just my personal opinion
>>
>>65788191
>like Irish weren't enslaved, Native Americans weren't treated like shit, and the Hispanics didn't get shit on by the government (and still do desu).
>implying any of that is comparable to the shit black people had to go through

If you think slavery was the only bad thing black people had to endure, you're misinformed.
>>
>>65788294
You don't think the stereotypes are extremely exaggerated?
>>65788335
That's the thing. Call me crazy, but I don't think minorities exist anymore. SJW culture decimated a lot of racial and cultural oppression. Now you're an asshole if you call someone a nigger or a spic. I'm just saying, if you wanna talk how blacks were mistreated circa civil rights movement, don't act like it was just everyone against them back then. Early 20th century all immigrants got shit on by nativists.
>>65788361
It's not, but they cling onto it so much. They never consider for a second that maybe, just maybe, they're pieces of shit. Instead of pointing fingers, that it's their own individual fault for the way people treat them. They're cowards. Even if this was just the early 2000's which was a decade ago, I would agree that black people are considerably oppressed, but it's 2016 now and at this point I don't think black people are a big target.
>>
>>65788487
yeah but dude surely if an entire group of people "cling onto it" it probably means there's actually something to their claims rather than the race just being bad, which would be textbook racism
>>
>>65788294
Nice, I'd also like to mention King Kunta as another great song that sticks to you
>>
File: i6tHqYB.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
i6tHqYB.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>
>>65788191
>african americans have been enslaved longer than they've been free in America
>percentage of african americans in poverty is significantly higher than white people
>black poverty way worse than white poverty
>war on drugs
>police brutality
>contributions to culture and society STILL not recognised fully

I like and dislike Kendrick for his politics. He brings attention to issues like >>65788294 said but imo he spends to much time touching on hypocrisy within the black community. I disagree with him, I don't think this hypocrisy is as important as he claims it is. It's more of a symptom of the struggle than anything. The focus seems out of place and feels like he's pandering to classic, race-blaming, white politics.
>>
File: shit thread faggot.png (787 B, 145x62) Image search: [Google]
shit thread faggot.png
787 B, 145x62
>>65788068
>>
>>65788191
>Oppressed minorities is an old meme and isn't relevant to modern day.

You tell that to the kid who has to serve multiple life sentences for a gram of weed. Bitch ass mutt.
>>
>>65788487

You're just a generalizing retard who thinks his myopic views of the troubles of the black comminity is nuanced when all you can muster is the elementary reductionist view of lack of personal accountibility and hip-hop cultutre.
>>
>>65788068
latino-black mixed guy here

also a behavioral econ phd student

racism is a meme

poor is the new black, fed by the cancer of welfare

people in the us are getting less and less productive, thanks to government entitlements as well

culture reflects this, gov is the big powerful daddy so if anything goes wrong, it's them or someone else's fault (white people, the rich). never one's self

people are still turning into conservatives as they age, but it seems that far left liberalism is too strong and their influence too big this time

one of the worst downsides of technological advancement is human complacement and entitlement, we're fucked if this goes on but at least we get to have a blast
>>
>>65788766
That's exclusively the War on Drug's fault
>>
>>65788576
I don't think there's 0 validity to their claims I just think they're pulling a pity card
>>65788766
Nigga that's the war on drugs, which attacks areas of POVERTY. And don't call me a fuckin mutt, we'll all be mutts soon.
>>65788907
And you're just a privileged mother fucker with a liberal arts degree who thinks he can tell a nigga his asshole is his nipple just because he throw fancy words around and vapidly name drop philosophy. Bitch. Bring something to the table instead of coming directly at me.
>>
>>65790058

>bring something to the table
>they never consider for a second that maybe, just maybe, they're pieces of shit. Instead of pointing fingers, that it's their own individual fault for the way people treat them. They're cowards

My sides. What the fuck have you brought to the table behind the most basic sterotyping of a population of over 40 million people that offers no clear insight or solutions.

>muh gangs and hiphop did this

You didn't bring shit to the table. You just spitting out talking points and expressing your self hatred for mass approval, then again that's what mutts do.
>>
>>65790058
>>65789560
The War on Drugs was comprised of racially charged legislation and practices which targeted and targets not just poor communities, but paticularly poor minority communities because they're the easiest to exploit. The idea is that because they're poor and also minorities, they can do whatever they want. Unfortunately they were right.

"It's not racism, it's just the War on Drugs" is basically "It's not racism, it's this collection of racist ideas, laws, and practices known as the War on Drugs."
>>
>>65790345
There is no proof that The War of Drugs was motivated by racism. I've researched the original reasons why cannabis was made a illegal and it boils down to "people don't act normal on the drug".
>>
>>65790058
>Nigga that's the war on drugs, which attacks areas of POVERTY.
Yeah and black people are overwhelmingly in poverty and are the most negatively affected by the war on drugs.
>>
>>65788068
>>65788191
>>65788294
>>65788335
>>65788361
>>65788487
>>65788576
>>65788608
>>65788650
>>65788766
>>65788907
>>65789428
>>65789428
>>65789560
>>65790058
>>65790335
>>65790345
WTF guys. i came here for some fun memes music and antwon. but this is just boring. save this for reddit,
>>
This thread isn't even about music
>>
File: 1454580631226.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1454580631226.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>all these self hating halfbreeds

This is why you don't fuck wetbacks brothas.
>>
Music sucks.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.