[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do you hate Oh Comely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
Why the fuck do you hate Oh Comely
>>
>>65737833
I don't, that would be Two Headed Boy
>>
Oh boy, where do we even begin. Okay, let's pick at a single song for starters: to my ears, ʻOh Comelyʼ sounds plain unbearable. Six minutes of musically trivial acoustic strum, accompanied with sincere, but sonically brutal singing from a guy who - let's put it mildly - was not born and reared for this kind of singing; good old Keith Richards couldn't have done a worse job than what Mangum does here, especially when he tries to go real high at the end of each verse. Honestly, I don't know about you, but to me, it's plain sonic torture, and I have no idea why I should be enduring it, or why I should "respect" this awful off-key vocal racket as a symbolic representation of sincere, unadorned suffering. (And I don't even have a proper idea of what he's suffering about - is it horror at Anne's fate, or desperation at the fact that she's there, and he's here, and she can't "let her skin begin to blend itself with mine"?).
>>
it's the Moonchild of ITAOTS. secretly the best song on the entire album
>>
>>65737849
This, I don't know why some people like it so much

The true best song on the album is Untitled
>>
>>65737883
this pasta is undercooked t b h desu
>>
>>65737899
Ghost tho
>>
>>65737833
> Emajor to a Cmajor

fucking gross

just thinking about it makes me sick
>>
The lyrics

they get downright creepy at times

also drags on for too long
>>
While I agree that it's too fucking long, "there is sun and spring and green forever" is one of the best lines on the album
>>
I don't, I just revisit it the least of all the songs because it can legit be a little bit unsettling tbqh

There are certainly songs on the album that I think it's objectively better than tho
>>
ITAOTS thread let's go

Pleb: Holland, 1945
Contrarian: Untitled
Patrician: Two-Headed Boy, Pt. 2
>>
>>65740212
Pleb: none
Contrarian: none
Patrician: Communist Daughter
>>
>>65737899
>>65737935
Ghost and Untitled should always be listened to as one long songs desu
>>
>>65740212
Pleb: in the Aeroplane Over the Sea
contrarian: Untitled
Patrician: Oh Comely
>>
>>65740789
actually, it would be Untitled and Two Headed Boy part 2
>>
File: image.jpg (948 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
948 KB, 1536x2048
>>65737833
Best song on the album
>>
>>65737849
>>65737899
kys
>>
>>65740836
Two Headed Boy part 2 is the worst song on the album IMO (other than King of carrot flower pt 2).
>>
Anyone that claims untitled is the best one is underage. They think "so le quirky and weird like me xD" its just all around a terrible song.
>>65738390
>babbys first "simple chords r bad xD" how is the first month of accoustic class going?
>>
>>65737849
Kek
>>
>>65737833
Only
>song is over three minutes
pleb fags hate it. It's easily the most emotionally powerful of all the songs.

>>65737849
>>65737883
>>65738390
>>65738404
Pls quit music
>>
Only plebs can't handle this song.
>>
>>65740212
Agreed
>>
>>65740701
poster you replied to, i also very much agree with this desu
>>
>>65740914
I'm sorry you have shit taste
>>
>>65737849
Part 2
>>
>>65740802
Got it right
>>65740212
Come on
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.