[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people so divided on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Human Story 3.png (485 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Human Story 3.png
485 KB, 1200x1200
Why are people so divided on this?
>>
>>65717817
Postmodern latte pls
>>
>On Human Story 3, James Ferraro paints a hyperrealistic portrait of modern consumerist society and the adoration for the post-digital age. Labeled as his very own “classical” record, this is a masterful suite that bluntly yet powerfully displays capitalism, market crashes, digital mediums, and various businesses that appeal to the average millennial consumer and middle-aged merchant. Ferraro’s latest is not so much a Music For iPads and Starbucks, Vol. 1 as it is a potent mirror to our current lifestyle; its brilliantly haunting MIDI choir and string arrangements serve as the backdrop and simultaneous forefront to a text-to-speech narrator that works as a crucial element to Human Story 3′s main conceptual drive and aesthetics. Like a robotic secretary on the Virtual Cloud™ above a modern, dreamy CGI Mario landscape, we are presented with the “individualism” and “commercial simulacra” of IKEA, Starbucks, market crashes, touchscreen GPS variations, GoPros, Microsoft, freeways, yoga, lattes, burning Priuses, the contemporary plasticity of the “real” world, global markets, our own reflective digital products, smartphones, etc. With each one-punch reminder of Human Story 3′s surreal yet fitting take on state-of-the-art merchandising and worldwide retails, Ferraro peels back more and more layers of the album’s often satiric but undeniably artistically moving and important exhibition of the post-internet sphere’s postmodernist appeal.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>65717817

people get it or dont
>>
>>65717841
fuckin pseuds god damn. And I liked the album too.
>>
idk, it's really good but i think maybe he relied a little too much on the tts this go around.
>>
>>65717841
Why can't they just let the music speak for itself. Fuck
>>
Just started it. I've never listened to Ferraro before. It's like Zappa meets R+7.
>>
>>65717817
Because it's good and half of /mu/ has shitty taste.
>>
>>65718117
he always puts these ramblings on his albums
>>
>>65718534
that's taken from a review though, not from a description james made.
>>
>>65718554
My reading comprehension is going to shit

I gotta up my meds sometimes
>>
It's okay i think talking about the concept atm is more interesting than the music itself. At times I can easily tune it out to background music. atleast FSV had my attention all the way thru with it's eery noise.

7/10
>>
>>65718647
Yeah, it's a little samey.
>>
>>65717947
i like it, he used it as a proper instrument and less as a novelty
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.