[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer Talulah Gosh or Heavenly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Talulah Gosh.jpg (155 KB, 1056x1569) Image search: [Google]
Talulah Gosh.jpg
155 KB, 1056x1569
They're more or less the same band, but with different names.

Talulah Gosh is totally better though.
>>
Both are anorak twee rubbish m8
>>
>>65689545
>twee
>rubbish
pick one
>>
>>65689505
>They're more or less the same band, but with different names.
No lol, they're very different. Sure they share the same vocalist, drummer, and lead guitarist, but their sound progressed and evolved as time went on. Talulah Gosh was all about fast, noisy playing and they were quite amateur players. The Ramones and contemporary Punk bands had an obvious influence. Heavenly on the other hand was a lot slower and closer to 60s pop like the Shangri-Las. They also become better and better at playing from release to release. By the end they brought some punk back, too.

My favorite is Heavenly. P.U.N.K. Girl EP is the best "twee" single of all time. My favorite album from them is The Decline and Fall of Heavenly. I also love Marine Research.
>>
>>65689505
You sound like an unbearable cunt, fyi
>>
>>65690820
I meant that those three were the same, plus the bass player for Heavenly was the very first Talulah Gosh bass player. Personnel wise, they're the same, even if the sound evolved. You wouldn't say the Rolling Stones were a different band when they replaced Brian Jones, even though their sound changed a bit too.
That said, I need to listen to more Heavenly, I've only heard P.U.N.K. Girl and Le Jardin de Heavenly, neither of which I liked nearly as much as Backwash.

>>65690842
ok
>>
I prefer Jason fucking Aldean my friend.
>>
is this just one guy meme-ing talulah gosh?
i swear they get posted every time I'm on /mu/
>>
>>65691433
I think the name change was fine, given that Talulah Gosh and Heavenly were such distinctly different chapters in Amelia and crew's careers. Though I wonder if they had stuck with one name they'd be better known.

I discovered them through Backwash too, but now I swear to Heavenly. All four of their albums are so solid. Probably my favorite band, right behind The Field Mice.
>>
>>65691492
i'm not trying to meme them, just talk about my favorite band
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.