[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do they have other stuff like this? before this I had only heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: meddle.jpg (25 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
meddle.jpg
25 KB, 500x500
Do they have other stuff like this?

before this I had only heard DSOTM/WYWH/Animals and enjoyed them, but to a certain extent

listened to this on a whim today and it's fucking beautiful, easily my favorite by them and might be one of my favorite albums ever

I really enjoyed how relaxed it is and how they play together in harmony
>>
Obscured by Clouds is close.
>>
>>65690361

Posted this quickly to save the post from the archive.

You'd probably like their earlier stuff. Piper at the Gates of Dawn through Meddle are all good, and after Syd was removed from the group Pink Floyd spent a few albums trying to find their sound. They were all more or less equal collaborators. It was only around the time of Dark Side of the Moon that Roger Waters started to co-opt the band for his own purposes and that's where the tensions started. Personally I think Meddle is their best album, but Obscured by Clouds, Ummagumma, and Atom Heart Mother are all pretty harmonious, at least in terms of the group's dynamic. After DSOTM it basically became Roger Waters and his Backing Band.
>>
>>65690361
>>65690407
thanks

few questions though, Obscured by Clouds is a soundtrack, does it work without the movie? and i've heard Ummagumma is VERY experimental i'm not crazy experimental shit, Meddle was pretty simple IMO
>>
>>65690707
Just fucking listen to their albums you fucking faggot
What are you spending your time with that you can't listen to a few fucking albums from one of the most significant and popular rock groups of all time
>>
>>65690761
lmao chill man, im gonna listen to all of them, im just asking about their individual sound

4chan tough guys are pathetic
>>
>>65690707

Obscured by Clouds doesn't really play like a soundtrack to me. The songs stand well on their own. Free Four reminds me of San Tropez.

And yeah, Ummagumma is probably up there with AHM in terms of their most purely experimental albums. Saucerful of Secrets is great, though.
>>
>>65690803
thanks man
>>
does any band do Echoes-tier spacey music after Pink Floyd?
>>
>>65690918

Shine On You Crazy Diamond comes pretty close, especially Parts 6 through 9. Gets a little jazzy/funky, too.
>>
>>65690918
Boris - Flood

And of course Godspeed/Swans.
>>
Echoes is a perfect song fite me
>>
>>65691075
You can hear a wet mouth noise right before the vocals kick in.

0/10
>>
atom heart mother is a pretty nice relaxing album, aside from alan's psychedelic breakfast
might wanna try that one
>>
>>65691036

what Swans are we talking about? I never liked them outside of the early no wave stuff and Godspeed are good, but definitely not Echoes-esque.
I love Flood and it's the closest thing I can think of too.
>>
>>65690948
>after Pink Floyd

dumbass
>>
>>65690918
I'm also interested in this
>>
>>65688755
No album prior to Meddle, or after Meddle sounds like Meddle. One of their better albums. (Nice dubs, BTW)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.