[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maaan you guys told me this was an actual good psych rock album,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 700x700
Maaan you guys told me this was an actual good psych rock album, instead it's just competent garage rock. Not even really psychadelic at all, sounds like Ty Segall but without the hooks or variety that occasionally make his music worthwhile. I've always been more inclined towards melody than "RAWKIN OUT" though.
Anyone have suggestions for Actual good neopsych?
>>
That album has hooks and melodies everywhere what are you talking about
>>
>Not even really psychadelic at all, sounds like Ty Segall but without the hooks or variety
how to spot bait. King Gizzard is a phenomenal band, why don't you go listen to tame impala or miley & her dead petz, pleb.
>>
>>65585761
>>65585824
It has lots of attempts at hooks, repeated sections of melody that they play with, but none of it really makes for organic natural melodies that work for me. I don't think the album is bad, mind you, just not to my taste and not terribly original. Also very samey.
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really want to hear GUITAR ROCK MUSIC and i was prettier/weirder psychedelic music that actually sounds good and dreamy or anything like the experience of taking such drugs, which this album does not.
>>
>>65585960
>Samey
That's kinda the point though, isn't it
>>
>>65586020
I mean I guess, and sometimes that would be welcome but this isn't a song that needs to be 40 minutes long, for me anyway. Also listening to it now and "Invisible Face" is pretty good for the reason that it actually stands out and has some psychadelia to it
>>
File: cover.jpg (42 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
42 KB, 480x480
>>
>>65586061
All their stuff has psych influence but the sound is extremely varied from album to album. Nonagon is a throwback to the repetitive garage rock from I'm In Your Mind Fuzz. Try listening to Quarters instead, it has the mellow psych sound you're looking for.
>>
>>65585960
sounds like you don't get the motif-laden / heavy psych aspect of it. maybe you're looking more for something amorphous and wet. do you like tribal shit? I suggest OOIOO - Feather Float and Black Moth Super Rainbow - Dandelion Gum
>>
>>65586189
Quarters is too filler heavy.
I think OP might like Paper Mache Dream Balloon, they make some psych folky stuff with woodwinds and some more melodic songwriting.
>>
>>65586227
Agreed on the filler. Paper Mache is super cool but doesn't quite capture the spaced out, evolving feeling of taking psychedelics like OP described, imo. Love the melodies and instrumentation though, very catchy stuff.
>>
>>65585730
does this style of music make anybody else cringe a lot? it does for me
>>
>>65586382
It reminds me of the Reatard and Segall obsessed white teens you can find in droves drinking Hamm's and wigging out at any local rock show.
Doesn't make me cringe, but doesn't strike me as particularly compelling.
>>
>not even really psychedelic
It literally sounds like heavy psych.
>>
Agreed, I'm actually a huge fan of this band but I have no clue how this album got so overrated, one of their worst releases in a while
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.