[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /mu/ think about nico's solo work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 20130716-nico-x624-1374008951.jpg (140 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
20130716-nico-x624-1374008951.jpg
140 KB, 624x420
what does /mu/ think about nico's solo work?
>>
>Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, Nico once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.
>>
>>65483272
sounds like my type of gril
>>
>>65483281
yes, it's quite common for /mu/ to like sub-par artists simply because of the edgy opinions they hold
>>
I think it's great.
Lately I'm listening to Desertshore and The End a lot.
>>
>>65483272
>You will never be pegged by Nico while she wears her Nazi uniform

It's just not right.
>>
File: 1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>[the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior
>heart attack while riding a bicycle
>>
>>65483236
In terms of both consistency and quality, Nico probably had the best solo career out of all Velvet Underground members, though her best works aren't at the same level as the best works of Cale and Reed
>>
>>65483758
Only if Lou Reed's best work has been lost forever (and you were lucky enough to hear it) and by the best works of Cale you mean The Marble Index and Desertshore.
>>
>>65483295
>one of most otherworldly, fully realized, influential, and innovative popular music artists of all time
>subpar
>>
File: 1437469994338.jpg (10 KB, 200x311) Image search: [Google]
1437469994338.jpg
10 KB, 200x311
'''''''''''''solo work'''''''''''''''
>>
>>65483236
Nico is pretty good
>>
>>65483704
we all have to die, pal.
>>
>>65483758
I think Desertshore is better than anything VU or any of the other members ever did.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.