[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blur vs. Oasis - who's better, and why is it Oasis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: oasis.jpg (30 KB, 425x331) Image search: [Google]
oasis.jpg
30 KB, 425x331
Blur vs. Oasis - who's better, and why is it Oasis?
>>
>>65298212
both are worse
>>
Blur, Oasis is just too much girly thing to me, blur is more distortion oriented crazy shit, while in Blur, Damon experiments with diferents sounds, in Oasis is just an everyday lalalala and afterall your my wonderwall. I know that Oasis experimented the wall sound before and it does sound awsome in their songs, but Blur does not sound like an generic band like Oasis in most of their songs, before you hate me saying that i do know nothing about the brothers from manchester let's do an simple test about the songs on the "surface" of the band.
Blur most known song: Song 2- High riff oriented distortion, crazy and no meaning lyrics, upbeat and juping fuck yeah vibe
Oasis most known song: Wonderwall- GOOD LYRICS and good use of the Wall of Sound. But, is just an overrated song and is an big pain in the anus to listen it again, because its an vanilla pop girly song
What i mean is that, Oasis is popular because it is good, yes it is, but is just an mawkish, sickening, sugary sound in every song
Blur is not that popular because they tryed to make a sound that wasn't the old british stuff, they got other influences and wasnt acepted by the popular ears
>>
>>65298251
/thread
>>
>>65299773
wtf
>>
>>65298212
Gorillaz
>>
blur nuff said
>>
>>65298212
Pulp
>>
>>65300754
U serius?
>>
Pulp
or Suede

or even Elastica
there, I said it
jk
but srsly
Pulp > Suede > Oasis > Elastica > Blur

Pulp's His N' Hers and Suede's Dog Man Star are easily the best things to ever come out of Britpop
>>
File: trips don't lie.jpg (4 KB, 291x45) Image search: [Google]
trips don't lie.jpg
4 KB, 291x45
>>65300444
>>
>>65300777
Man, i've got to check more about Suede and Pulp, i mean, last time i've listened to Pulp was like degluting two tons of sugar, it was so sugary that i've almost threw up, but, i think it deserves a third listen. Oh by the way, you british mate?
>>
>>65300950
nope, American. Spent a fair amount of time in Scotland, though

here, I like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTo7wKumolU
>>
>>65300977
Thanks mate, i will have a listen, thoe, you sad you like Blur the least between the britpop bands, have you heard the 13 album? (of course you did what a stupid question)
>>
>>65298212
Oasis at their peak were better than Blur but Blur have had a much more consistent career. Oasis became total shit after Be Here Now whereas Blur have never put out a bad album.
>>
>>65299773
how the fuck is oasis girly just because of wonderwall? thats like saying the beatles are girly because of i want to hold your hand or hey jude and stop acting like blur were some avant- garde group
>>
>>65298212
Oasis is better because Blur can't make good music. All of their songs fall short and the fact that Blur's most popular song is them making fun of grunge music just shows how much of a fuckup their are.

Gorillaz are fucking amazing though.
>>
MSP
>>
Wonderwall is the staple song for every sensitive knobhead with an acoustic guitar on the quad in college. So screw Oasis.
>>
File: BKyJh1f.png (484 KB, 501x501) Image search: [Google]
BKyJh1f.png
484 KB, 501x501
Oasis has a couple of good songs on each album, but they all sound very similar and their albums have no distinct sound to them. Blur on the other hand tried more in the way of creating new things, it may not have always worked, but it produced a lot of great, unique songs.
>>
>>65299773
Song 2 was a parody of shitty rock bands that take no care in lyrics and resort to catchy riffs with no substance
>>
>listening to genres fabricated by the government
>>
>>65302831
>reminder that MBV toured with Blur and was on the same label as Oasis
>>
Both are absolute shit, but Blur slightly moreso
>>
>>65302831
>genres fabricated by the government
like krautrock?
>>
>>65302874
DELETE THIS
>>
Blur is ever so slightly better. They both kinda suck.
>>
haha blur are shite XD and they were dicks to narwhal !!!!!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.