[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your five most listened to albums this year. It can be from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: topsters2 (1).jpg (140 KB, 1700x452) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).jpg
140 KB, 1700x452
Post your five most listened to albums this year. It can be from any year. It doesn't have to be strictly from 2016.
>>
past 180 days

Joni Mitchell—Court and Spark
Panic! at the Disco—Death of a Bachelor
Joni Mitchell—Blue
Talk Talk—Spirit of Eden
XTC—Skylarking
>>
>>65293890
Joni Mitchell is someone I need to start listening to. Should I start anywhere in particular?
>>
File: kinggizzard.jpg (335 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
kinggizzard.jpg
335 KB, 1200x1200
>King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
I've listened to this album quite a bit surprisingly, since I originally didn't enjoy it much, but the energy managed to keep me captivated. Gamma Knife is on of the best songs of the year.

>DIIV - Is The Is Are
Probably my favorite album from this year so far. All the songs are pretty nice calming and enjoyable. The album might be a little long but I don't mind.

>Xasthur - To Violate the Oblivious
An album from Xasthurs discography that I didn't really listen to much before this year. However I bought it on cassette and have listened to it fairly often since. Screaming at Forgotten Fears is an incredible song.

>Have A Nice Life - The Unnatural World
I've had a pretty big rough patch during this past winter, and this album helped me get through it. Burial Society is a haunting song that I really love.

>Joy Division - Closer
Similar reasoning to The Unnatural World, Closer just managed to portray a certain emotion I was feeling.
>>
>>65293951
>Gamma Knife
I was listening to this album this morning man. I "liked" that track on my Apple music stream. It's fantastic and the whole album is great. I'll definitely need to listen to it some more.
>>
>>65293915
She never did a better overall album than Blue, but you can also try Court and Spark for her biggest hits or Hissing of Summer Lawns for something that was slightly weirder but still accessible. I just wouldn't recommend the first two immediately because they lacked range.

>>65293951
Closer's one of the only albums where I feel like I understand every emotion on it with perfect clarity. Ian had a real gift for that.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-31+at+06.33.23).png (107 KB, 1209x838) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-31+at+06.33.23).png
107 KB, 1209x838
fuck 5 here's 15

>>65293951
I need to listen to more Xasthur
>>
>>65294025
Thanks for the recs. I'll download these later on. I appreciate it.
>>
File: origami.jpg (230 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
origami.jpg
230 KB, 800x800
Probably the 5 LPs in the Lush Origami set, with A Moon Shaped Pool being a close 6th.
>>
>>65294098
You're welcome. She was never obscure or anything but not a lot of people listen to her anymore, which is a shame.
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (104 KB, 1700x452) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
104 KB, 1700x452
>>65293951
following his form

>Extra Life - Made Flesh
This band shares members with Zs they blend Math Rock with pre-tonal singing in I way I listen to constantly

>Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
Yeah

>Julian Casablancas +The Voidz - Tyranny
This album is hard for me to explain for some reason, but I like it a lot. Sickly sweet melodies and strange claustrophobic production

Gastr Del Sol - Camofleur
I'm convinced that the sound Blues Subtitled is the prettiest song ever.

The Books - Lemon of Pink
This album makes me think of an impossibly happy memory in my childhood involving a cookout in the summer
>>
>>65294187
I'll definitely give her a listen today. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Popularity isn't in my interests as long as it's good.
>>
Stevie Nicks - In Your Dreams
Céline Dion - Loved Me Back to Life
Lady Gaga - The fame
Doves - Kingdom Of Rust
Fleetwood Mac - s/t
>>
>>65294368
Isn't Celine Dion pretty average?
>>
>>65294381
If by "pretty average," you mean "horrifically unlistenable," then yes.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.