[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old is too old for this board? I'm only 20 but I already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 23234.jpg (42 KB, 739x315) Image search: [Google]
23234.jpg
42 KB, 739x315
How old is too old for this board? I'm only 20 but I already feel like I'm getting too knowledgeable for the people here.
>>
>>65275698
If you think that you would get a knowledgeable answer out of a place you think is less knowledgeable than yourself than you're still stupid enough for this board.

Don't forget, you're here forever.
>>
>>65275741
>If you think that you would get a knowledgeable answer
I don't.
>>
>>65275698
leave when you know it's right

I stop by now and then and almost immediately regret it

once you've found enough kindred spirits on lastfm/rym that can actually help you further develop your taste than /mu/ can, it's time to go

it's not so much a conscious decision to leave, more something that just happens over time

the threads are all the same, people listening to the same garbage trying to one-up each other

listen to what you love and find people that help you find more

t. 2011
>>
File: FUZU1XF.jpg (177 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
FUZU1XF.jpg
177 KB, 1024x1024
>>65275698
also 20 years old. Been here only for a few months, but this is my favorite board.
Music is the best thing to circlejerk about.
>>
>>65275879
>Been here only for a few months
newfag
>>
File: wew lads.jpg (857 KB, 756x9800) Image search: [Google]
wew lads.jpg
857 KB, 756x9800
I'm 23 and starting to think this place is really having a negative impact on my psyche

At the same time every other music discussion board feels bland af. I've tried going to reddit and while its almost as good for finding new stuff the discourse is just so lacking and not in the entertaining way like it is on here

Maybe I should start a tumblr and follow music blogs, I just really don't want to be here so long that I become like someone in pic related.
>>
>>65275911
Yeah I mean I'm already starting to take cynicism and brashness to Facebook and I feel like some of my more tertiary friends are irritated by it. but idk
>>
>>65275804
>once you've found enough kindred spirits on lastfm/rym
what if you're too anti-social for even those sites?

making a personalities on sites like those seems too troublesome for me. RYM is decent for reading reviews on semi-obscure albums though.
>>
Actual oldfag here, been on 4chan off and on since 2006. You're not more knowledgeable- some of us just like to creep for new music and don't post much. Nice meta-thread though faglord. How about actually contributing to the board? Gift us with your supreme knowledge.
>>
File: 1464341693716.png (459 KB, 544x610) Image search: [Google]
1464341693716.png
459 KB, 544x610
>>65275698
>>65275911
Most people on here are 15 year olds that cant play any instrument, and know no music history or music knowledge past surface level stuff. Their idea of being "into" music is listening to some meme blues album album they found on rym with 500 ratings sayings its good. They shit on "dadrock" for no reason, presumably to try to look smart. never trust any kid thar uses dadrock as a negative term, they are trying too hard amd know nothing of musix because classic rock has had some revolutionary shit and allowed innovation in pop music that no other generation has recreated. They will then unironically claim to be more into music than a top 40 listener. If you realize that there is everything wrong in doing this, it is indeed time to move on. Good luck senpai
>>
>>65275911
>that pic
Only reason I still visit this shithole.
>>
File: 1368115224015.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1368115224015.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>65275698
I'm 24. Been coming here off and on since 2008. Less and less in the past couple years, /mu/ never talks about anything I'm into anymore.

it seems like as time's progressed, the age range of the posters here has steadily declined, thus the quality of posting and music shared. That's alright, there's other boards and forums out there that are more "niche" and just as knowledgeable.

I think as long as your taste evolves, it doesn't matter when you leave. /mu/ is just a stepping stone, after all, and it ebbs and flows like any other board. The trick is to not be such a faggot.
>>
>>65275950
it's worth noting that most of the rym/lastfm community is pretty anti-social as well, but just asking for a nudge in the right direction can pay dividends

almost as good though is just creeping through cool peoples' charts on either site, find someone whose taste is like yours but a bit deeper or broader and start exploring

/mu/ is a great starting point but because of the large turnover rate on the site it isn't that great as a permanent place of residency

>>65276010
definitely has not been here since 2006: the post
>>
>>65276010
Fuck off kid, I see through you
>>
File: 1381336373035.png (29 KB, 591x422) Image search: [Google]
1381336373035.png
29 KB, 591x422
>>65275911
That has to be the absolute best pic i have ever seen since my 8 years of lurking 4chan.
It just has everything. Nothing can ever top it.
>>
>>65275756
Then why ask and not just fucking leave?
>>
>>65275698
19 here, i hope to god i won't still be browsing this place when i'm 26

[spoiler]but i probably will be[/spoiler]
>>
>>65275911
>At the same time every other music discussion board feels bland af

This. /mu/ is one of the few music boards where you can have an actual back-and-forth conversation, and not just say something and wait for comments a la Reddit. plug.dj used to be great for this, but it died and honestly had a fuckton of shitty rooms anyway. Also /mu/ has the funniest shenanigans, like the guy who killed Lemmy.

Reddit has AMA's, that's about all that website is good for.
>>
>>65276189
Second best imo
That picture detailing how that one /sp/ anon stalked and wrote an in depth journal/fanfic about a tripfag there still remains the most extremely 4chan thing I've ever seen.
>>
why do we even still have the forum format
it's so fucking inefficient

not /mu/ I mean TalkClassical and WATMM and similar
>>
>>65276342
Pic?
>>
>>65276342
Got pic?
>>
>>65276361
I didn't transfer my 4chan folder over to this laptop so its lost, I'm sure someone here must know what I'm talking about. I only really browse /mu/, /a/, and /fa/ but it seems like it was posted on every single board a few years back.
>>
>>65275937
all youll do by doing this is alienate yourself. best to be a man and keep that shit inside m8
>>
>>65276358
The reason why forums are a flawed format is because mods/admins on the site tend to be personalities like the other users on the board, and it leads to corruption and favoritism. This has been the case in almost every single forum I used to frequent.
>>
In an age thread the other day there were multiple posters in their 30s and 40s.
>>
>>65276393
But what happened to believing what you earnestly believe and not what cucks you into more friendgroups
>>
I'm 18 and going to college this year. I'm kind of hoping to cut it out before I'm 20.

Wishful thinking maybe, but technically there's nothing really stopping me.
>>
you don't grow out of /mu/, you just don't come as regularly and just shitpost or lurk desu
>>
>>65276453
A key part of social development is knowing the right setting for revealing certain sides of yourself.

Unless you feel super strongly about your right to be cynical about insignificant ish I guess then yeah stand up for yourself and keep at it. Your virtues will keep you company.
>>
>>65276361
>>65276369

a quick google search found me it
http://pdfsr.com/pdf/the-philmarilion

brace yourselves lads, its a ride
>>
>>65276486
>A key part of social development is knowing the right setting for revealing certain sides of yourself.
yeah but I think the things I'm posting about on Facebook (like shitting on Beyoncé) is stuff that, if you can't handle that, you aren't really a good friend of mine you know? like I don't enjoy having friends who are just tolerating each other
>>
>>65275698
>tfw underage kiddies unironically defend Drake

I feel your pain.
>>
Do you think /mu/ will benefit from 3x3 threads?
>>
>>65275911
>>65275698
This site makes you feel okay with being alone for long periods of time. I started to browse here when I was 15 and the idea of not stepping outside for months at a time sounded like a good idea. Coincidentally I also stopped browsing her when I started getting out of my social shell. I'm so glad I got of this damn site when I did, escape as soon as you can.
>>
I've been coming here for 8 years and also have a perfectly normal social and sex life, plus amazing taste in music.

/mu/ today isn't /b/ 2006, its just a normal music site where people act 12yo a lot.
>>
>>65276935
Yes. But where is your hairline?
>>
>>65277032
why are u bullying me?
>>
I've made two posts now about extremely entry level albums

nobody has replied to either because they aren't radiohead, death grips, or swans

kill myrself
>>
>>65276935
the SPRINTING hairline is back!
>>
>>65276917
this. i finally left this shithole maybe two years ago
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.