[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually care about music videos?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: qujAT4o.png (402 KB, 1228x673) Image search: [Google]
qujAT4o.png
402 KB, 1228x673
Does anyone actually care about music videos?
>>
>>65239962
if they are good. i give zero fucks about Mac Demarco, but this video is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIuBcb2T55Q
>>
>>65239962
occasionally, yes. most of the time, no. that about sums up how it is for me
>>
Music videos are important for establishing context for a band's music. It gives the viewer a greater depth in how the band chooses to present itself, and the fact that it is visual media paired with audio media, it gives the brain a greater variety of stimuli to latch onto, creating an impression that lasts much longer and is much more vivid in the mind than audio alone.

I can't tell you how many times I've hated a band's music, only later to look up a video and to have the entire package click in a way that the solitary song or album did not, leading me to relisten to that band's work with a different, more positive perspective.

Live videos work the same way. It's hard to say you have truly gotten a solid perspective of a band without seeing them in performance. Be it in-person or on YouTube.
>>
>>65241599
hahaha. Oh wow.
>>
>>65239962
Only if they're gorillaz music videos.
>>
Hit and miss familia. Sometimes a music video makes a song stick that much better in my head. Other times, it ruins the song for me and I wish I remembered it the way I imagined it originally without the video.
>>
>>65239962
only when the artist isn't in it
>>
>>65241705
He's not entirely wrong.
>>
I mean, I enjoy them for what they are. But in a music discussion I would never bring them up, they're completely irrelevant to me.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.