[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys bring up Will Toledo all the time, love or hate, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (947 KB, 1809x1809) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
947 KB, 1809x1809
You guys bring up Will Toledo all the time, love or hate, but you never discuss the only album of his that's worth a damn.

Nervous Young Man > Every other LP Will has ever released
>>
aaron's new ep will top it easilly
>>
>>65175367
Uhh I think you meant to say my back is killing me baby
>>
>>65175712
My Back is Killing Me Baby is fine but its still just average indie rock like the rest of his work. Doesn't really accomplish a whole lot lyrically or sonically.

Nervous Young Man is probably his realist album lyrically. Depressed in a sobering way.

Plus most of My Back is Killing Me Baby is on Teens of Style so... I've never really understood why people favor the former over the latter.

I'm mostly just saying, this is his least generic piece of work along with Twin Fantasy and its odd to me that no one really notes it.
>>
It is very good. Listening to it right now actually
>>
Twin Fantasy is his best.
>>
>>65176184
This
>>
2bh that was always my least favorite album of his
>>
>>65175367
go away will
>>
i hope he doesnt do this dumb stripped down guitar work on his coming releases

teens of denial is cool and all, but its just such a step down from what Nervous Young Man came to be, even How To Leave Town

>we'll never get songs like The Gun Song anymore

william hold me tight
>>
Too bad every LP he has ever done is basically:
>I'm Gay
>Homo Sex: I'm Gay, pt. 2
>Homo Sex 3
>The Problems of being Gay
>I Wish I Could Come Out
>I've Came Out
>Just Kidding
>I Wish I Could Come Out (2016)
>I'm Talking About Teens But I'm Almost Thirty, Actually
>>
>>65178406
he just turned 23 and he was writing songs about being a teen when he was a teen

he is pretty gay though
>>
>>65175367
I want to beat him up
>>
>>65178406
LOL

Truly the SJWiest of all the fucking /mu/ darlings
>>
>>65175367
nice nipple will
>>
If I ever met this faggot I would stone cold stunner his ass
>>
>>65175665
aaron's new ep will be 4 hours long like his dick.
>>
>>65178680
it said he turns 24 in this fall, that means he didn't just turn 23
>>
ugh I'm such a loner depressio who uses lots of concrete descriptions and boring observations about pizza and cigarettes and getting high and being gay and FAUST
>>
I've never figured out why people doesn't like about this. This is probably his most artistic album to date, and his best collection of lyrics.
Also, it has many of my favourite csh songs:
>We Can't Afford (Your Depression Anymore)
>Don't Remind Me
>The Gun Song
>I Wanna Sweat
>Death At The Movies
>Knife In The Coffee
>>
>>65178406
>>I Wish I Could Come Out
>>I've Came Out
>>Just Kidding
fucking lost it
>>
>>65178977
Dad what the fuck go to work shitposting is my job
>>
Boxing Day is not great which i think is what turns a lot of people off from listening
>>
>>65181106
you're in the minority opinion there.
>>
>>65182902
this
easily his best song
>>
>>65182902
>>65182986
really? it gets grating after a while imo
>>
it's full of shit songs but it does contain his best ones

>gun song
>big jacket
>>
afterglow is great
>>
twin fantasy > how to leave town > monomania > nervous young man > teens of denial > my back is killing me baby
>>
>>65184657
MBIKMB is SO MUCh better than monomania
>>
Say if you were asked to compile a 10 - 12 tracklist of the best songs off this project, which ones would you throw on?
>>
>>65178406
>every song is about being gay
you mean in the same way that every other male artists songs are about tfw no gf? if you dont like him mentioning boys then go back to listening to blink 182 faggot
>>
Twin Fantasy is really his most cohesive album, the really explosive opener track, the Stop Smoking/High to Death "synergy", the really long odyssey-like tracks and the cathartic closer makes it a great listen from start to finish.

NYM on the other hand has a lot of his best songs but drags on for too long and doesn't flow very well, it's still my second favorite though
>>
can someone make me a list of his music or something. I just listened to teens of denial last night and teens of style today and I'm having a hard time finding their/his music
>>
>>65184803
The Ending of Dramamine
Bodys
Famous Prophets (Minds)
Something Soon
Strangers
Souls
The Gun Song
Beach Life-in-Death
Anchorite (Love You Very Much)

that's already really long. i went for "best" not "most suitable for playlist"
>>
>>65185027
Sorry, I should have clarified! I meant all the songs off of OP's album.
>>
>>65185022
go to twin fantasy next. after twin fantasy, go to how to leave town. after that, monomania.
>>
>>65185104
>>65180342
not him but this is a good list
>>
>>65178977
lol
>>
>>65184803
plane crash blues, knife in the coffee, gun song, dont remind me, burning man, homes, death at the movies, boxing day, jus tired... having trouble sequencing it...
>>
>>65186609
also the third hour of music to it on disjecta membra. the song memories there is really intense. lots of good shit on there too
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.