[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is so fucking good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 300x300
This is so fucking good.
>>
the first track is like what prog was invented for, but the rest is kind of uncomparable i feel
>>
>>65172230
They followed that song up beautifully. Those last two tracks don't really show off or try to outdo the first track, and I think to do that would have been a mistake. They possess a sort of humbleness that is just what the second half needed. The first thing you hear after the climax of the first track is a guitar being tuned and lightly strummed. It assumes no real importance, but gradually builds into something beautiful and magnificent, starting in the most basic way. They knew what they had achieved with Close to the Edge, and I feel like the way they followed that song up was perfect. How the followed up the album is another story.
>>
>>65172071
Is this Yes' best album?
>>
>>65172558
It's the best thing to come out of prog. You're not going to find something that good in the same genre.
>>
>>65172600
genesis > yes

selling england by the pound > close to the edge

supper's ready > close to the edge
>>
>>65172621
You just wanted to say that. Whatever, it was either this or "Close to the Edge isn't as good as *x Yes album,*" which you'll probably say is true too.
>>
>>65172621
found the geneSUCC fanboy hehe
>>
>>65172071
not to mention the art In side the sleeve
>>
>>65172621
Genesis is a good band but your actually delusional if this is a sincere post.

>>65172230
And You and I is a good follow up track and Siberian Khatru is probably their best closing track.
>>
I GET UP
>>
I GET DOWN
>>
CLOSE TO THE EDGE
>>
>>65172230
And You And I is fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>65172071
>>65172558
I don't know, I prefer Fragile for hooks. CttE has a great opener and a great closer, I just don't really like the middle part that much.

Also, I like Going for the One and Drama. 90125 is fun pop-rock I listen for that '80s MIDI feel, but I think it's Yes repeating themselves too much.

>>65172600
Do you count King Crimson? I'm pretty sure I'd put Court, Larks, and Red at the top. To me Rush is slightly above Yes, but I might be biased here. Genesis is too much of the same for too many albums.
>>
>>65172230
this is only a testament to how incredible the opener is, because both tracks are still very very good
>>
>>65172558
It's widely considered to be, but if you don't like it that doesn't mean that you wouldn't like any of their other stuff. Close to the Edge took me a while to get into, but I like it now. I always preferred the abrasiveness of Relayer and the more poppy sound of Going For the One.
>>
It's a pretty good album, but for some reason it just doesn't 'click' with me.
>>
>>65173190
to add; this doesn't mean i'm a pleb though
>>
>>65173226
Nice hijack
>>
>>65173245
>>65173226
>>65173190
samefag
>>
Actually no it isn't yes is horrible fag prob rock trash and you will die of aids
>>
>>65173283
You need to be 18 to post here.
>>
>>65173190
It's one of the few albums that immediately clicked with me. Will always be one of my favourites.
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>65173381
I have to be honest, I never expected to see this in a Yes thread.
>>
>>65173381
You need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>65172071
My #2 all time prog album. I think it's the epitome of the genre though.
>>
>>65174057
#1?
>>
>>65174057
What's your #1?
>>
>>65174082
>>65174085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNc7u38vk5Y

It's not as formally perfect as CTTE, but I don't think I've heard another album where everything just falls in to place as perfectly as this.
>>
>>65174503
build wall
>>
>>65174536
huh?
>>
File: 1448597130662.jpg (194 KB, 639x639) Image search: [Google]
1448597130662.jpg
194 KB, 639x639
>>65174536
Fucking kek my friend
>>
>>65172230
But And You And I is objectively the best track.
>>
I GET UPPPPPPP
>>
Roundabout is their best song tho.
>>
>>65172621
I agree, genesis is goat and yes has a pretty shitty singer. I get tired of his voice. But the Lamb and foxtrot are better albums
>>
>>65172230
Word
>>
>>65175061
That's undisputed
>>
roundabout is a nice poppy song compared to close to the edge
>>
>>65175299
Yeah it's obviously more accessible, but there's a case to be made that Close to the Edge is only less poppy because of its length
>>
>>65175317
just the intro on ctte alone blows roundabout out of the water imo.. technically and sonically.

but i agree nevertheless. the bassline on roundabout alone is worth the goatest
>>
>>65175381
I really need someone to make a movie with the intro being set to Roundabout. Just imagine somethin like it starts with a black screen and then...

[MUSIC STARTS]

[SUPER BADASS QUOTE FADES ON SCREEN]

Then as all the instruments come in right on the syncopated hit, an uber colourful psychedelic Title Frame bursts open and we see the protagonist. The song itself is just so cinematic
>>
>>65175061
Can anyone link the video of the cyberpunk rave thing with the Roundabout intro?
>>
>>65175461

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2DQua8h82M

EVERYDAYS COVER VIDEOCLIP

one of the funniest clips ive ever seen

the original by buffalo springfieldl is amazing too
>>
File: mad.jpg (2 KB, 143x121) Image search: [Google]
mad.jpg
2 KB, 143x121
FUCK KING CRIMSON FOR STEALING MY BILL BRUFORD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>65172558
Yes
>>
>>65175575

>you will never sail down a canal chilling with your band mates with qt jon singing for you

why live
>>
>>65174503
Never heard of that album but that intro reminds me so much of Frances the Mute
Definitely gonn check it out
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.