[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
live shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8
File: parquet-courts-31.jpg (95 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
parquet-courts-31.jpg
95 KB, 480x320
Whats the last show you went to? (rate out of 10)

Whats the best show you've been too?

Worse show? and Why

what's the longest commute you're willing to make for a concert?

have you played a gig before? whats it like?
>>
>>65119103

>A S A P

>-2/10

>Bunch of stoned white kids and cracked out niggers bobbing their head and screaming the chorus

>He didn't do a single full fucking song

>Just got up to the chorus, repeated it 3-4 times, then randomly stopped to say YO LOOK AT DIS NIGGA HAHAAAAA WHERE U FROM? WORD U LOOK CRAZY

>"WHERE MAH PURPLE PEOPLE AT?" Every fucking five minutes, everybody goes crazy screaming

>This goes on the whole fucking night

He barely performed, kept shouting out his boys that were with him and talking to people in the crowd no one could even hear. When he played his old shit he basically just let the beat ride for 2-3 minutes while talking about lesbians and smoking, did the chorus and that's it.

Fucking sucked.
>>
>>65119103
>Last how
Everything, Everything
>Best show
Car Seat Headrest/Julien Baker
>Worst show
Too many to count. Went to a lot of christian rock concerts as a kid. Newsboys was probably the worst.
>Longest commute
An hour and a half maybe. If its a multiday festival, way longer
>Played a gig
Nope
>>
Last show I went to was Mind Brains and NMH on their farewell tour in Florida. That was also the best show I've been to.

I drove 6 hours from Georgia to see it, and that's probably the longest I'm willing to drive again.

Worst show I've been to either has to be that A Day to Remember/Rise Against show I went to when I was 15 or some hardcore/metalcore show I went to on a blind date. I don't enjoy mish pits.

Never played a gig before, but me and the guys I play with are almost finished with a split EP we're recording, and booking shows are coming after that, hopefully.
>>
>>65119199
kek
i saw asap live too, i think back in 2013?

he showed up an hour late stays on stage for 30 mins and left.

it was terrible
>>
>>65119277
>Newsboys

Did you remember to text all your friends about how God's not dead?
>>
>>65119399
Of course. There's no breakfast in hell dude. Not risking that shit.
>>
>>65119432
>there's no breakfast in hell

Huh, maybe that's why I haven't been eating.
>>
>Last show
saw DRI was really fun, the pit was insane and there were four openers.
>Best
can't really pick rn
>Worse
probably hopsin lol i dont even know why i went
The longest I'd ever go would be five hours, but only for really special stuff.

I'm seeing Mac Demarco this Wednesday, pretty excited.
>>
>>65119373
He showed up like 20 minutes late and only stood for about 45 minutes. At the end of the last track he just walked out, didn't say anything.

Shit made no sense, the ticket was free and even then it still felt like a waste of my time.
>>
File: Neutral Milk Hotel 09182014.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Neutral Milk Hotel 09182014.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>Last Show
NMH with Daniel Johnston and The Breeders/ 10/10

>Best Show
RATM in front of the Staples Center during the DNC

>Worse show
It wasn't bad but Bad Religion did a free show in the House of Blues in Vegas one year and Greg Graffin kept having to take breaks. He said, "Fuck you, I'm old and it's a free show." It was pretty funny.
>>
File: zootv2.jpg (470 KB, 1380x942) Image search: [Google]
zootv2.jpg
470 KB, 1380x942
Long storied history. I'll be called old and ridiculed but I don't care.
>Last
Muse Drones World Tour - Very Solid Live Performance 7/10

>
Best
U2 ZOOTV Tour - Any one had the pleasure to attend one of those Performances knows how incredible they were.

>Worst
Tori Amos - Plugged Tour. - Because of the Venue mostly ( "The Joint" in the Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas.- Some drunk guy who obviously wasn't a fan called and talked to his daughter and pretty much yelled into his phone during most of the performance. - was the 2nd of 3 Tori tours that I attended Other 2 were very solid and enjoyable. Tori does great live performances.

>Longest Commute
500 miles round trip in 1977 from my rural Arkansas home to Mid South Coliseum in Memphis Tn.for the Eagles Hotel California Tour.

>Never played a gig
>>
>>65119643
>He said, "Fuck you, I'm old and it's a free show."

At least he was honest.
>>
File: HOla.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
HOla.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>El Tri's gig in my town (6/10)

>Muse's Drones World Tour in Mexico (they blew my mind also the setlist was so good)

>Some hard rock tribute, can't remember

>Yes, i have a band with some mates, nothing serious, we play covers and we have a lot of fun

Pic related. Last time i played a gig in front of 200-300 people, i don't really know.
>>
File: 1462026271882.gif (769 KB, 400x247) Image search: [Google]
1462026271882.gif
769 KB, 400x247
>>65119545
PDX?
>tfw live hours and hours away
>tfw no one to go with
>tfw can't see my man ferraro live
>>
>>65119718
yeah my boy, you should go familia
>>
>>65119710
Forgot to mention, this picture is from a video my gf took that day, she was in first row and in front there was a disabled/old people area
>>
>>65119729
its about a 3 hour drive and i've never heard mac demarco before. should i?
>tfw havent been to a live show in years since moving to the sticks
>>
>>65119103
Last Show
Wild Nothing (7/10)
Best Show(s)
Death Grips at the Masquerade 7/14/15
Trash Talk & Ratking at the Masquerade 2/21/15
Toro Y Moi at Variety Playhouse 5/14/15
Worse Show?
Me going to this local record store and seeing all these pretentious hipster kids thinking they're good by playing a few instruments and labeling as indie. Omg is was horrendous as hell.
Longest Commute.
I've traveled six hours and seen Kanye at the Yeezus show one of the worse shows I've been to and I've showed up late.
Im heading back to Atlanta to catch two shows
Diiv at Terminal West June 1st and The Garden & Plague Vendor on June 10th.
>>
>>65119939
Fellow Georgia bro.

You live in Atlanta or do you have to drive a while to see shows?
>>
>>65119929
Listen to Salad Days, then Another One. If you liked what you heard then listen to his earlier stuff. I think he's playing two shows in Portland. One tomorrow and one on the 25th which sold out
>>
>>65119929
Do it I've seen Mac Demarco live before. His performance was quite intriguing. I've met him before also
>>
>>65119979
I use to live in Stone Mountain so I use to take Marta all the time for shows. Like I'll get off of Inman Park Reyonoldstown station to walk a mile to the masquerade. It was amazing exercise and that's what kept me slim. hahahahahaha
>>
>>65120121
Yo Decatur nigga here
>>
>>65120142
"gang gang gang" *21 Savage and Key voices*
>>
>>65120167
>>65120142
Lucky assholes.

I live in rural NW and it takes me about two hours to get to Atlanta. Still worth the drive for shows, though.
>>
>>65119980
thats weird that James Ferraro is opening up for Mac Demarco, the next thing you know Dean Blunt opening up for Death Grips or Future. lmao that would be a Dean Blunt typical move lmao
>>
>>65119980
Stubhub says its $45 for wed. How much did you pay?
>>
Brian Jonestown Massacre was amazing. Seeing the Cure again twice next month as well.
>>
>>65119103
Ive done a shitty dj gig that lasted for about 10-15 minutes like 3-4 years ago at a house party. Shit sucked and I got kicked out BAHAHAHA those white kids kicked me out and Ive finessed their money.
>>
>>65119103
>Last show
Local rock/emo band. Big crowd but not too big. Loud amps. The energy was perfect.

>Best show
Samuel L. Jackson talking.

>Worse show
Out of town band of 4 guys who were pissed off about their door money.

>Longest commute
I might drive 3 hours to see Bieber.

>Have you played a gig
Yeah. If your songs don't mean anything to you, it's obvious. If you're just there for the lifestyle, it's obvious. If you're only there to show off instead of connecting with the crowd, it's obvious.
>>
>>65120273
>thats weird that James Ferraro is opening up for Mac Demarco

That's not weird at all.

James Ferraro is friends with Ariel Pink, who is friends with Mac Demarco.
>>
>last live show

Brian Wilson in Grand Prairie, TX. Drove up there after Levitation was canceled in Austin

>best live show

The Sonics and King Gizzard/Wizard Lizard share spot number one. My Bloody Valentine and Boris share spot number two.

>worst show

Fucking Marriages. Fuck that fucking no-talent band. For some reason it really got on my fucking nerves that the guitarist didn't use a pick. The vocals were horrible, every track sound the same, and I was surrounded by really fat men and women for the entirety of the set. Couldn't even reach my hand up to drink my beer.

>longest commute

I'm considering driving up to Canada from Texas to see Mass of the Fermenting Dregs this summer so...a pretty long ways

>Have you played a gig before

Not really, I do open mic at my university's local coffee shop, but nothing beyond that. Currently doing some bedroom recording, though
>>
>>65120521
its still weird but its cool though. I cant wait for a mini Death Grips and Dean Blunt tour to come out.
>>
dingbatznj.com/pages/events.php

Found this spot where i can finally go weekly for shows, ive been told by a couple of people though that the whole venue and area is sketchy and i should only go just for the shows.
Going to start going in two weeks, check it out, could be really cool.
>>
>>65120302
Sorry for the late response, I paid around 38, thats a good deal
>>
>>65120840
Actually, 35 sorry.
>>
I'm going to see Boris and Earth in August. Pretty excited.
>>
Death grips 9/10

Best show: animal collective at the Fonda, this year, everybody was happy and very interactive, me and my friend joined like a group of 15 and danced around the whole time, and when they'd play slower stuff like loch Raven or bees everything calmed down and it was like you were being serenaded, amazing 10/10

Longest commute - 4hours
>>
>>65120891
Forgot to add, I have played at a gig before as a drummer, and its really weird having people complement you like crazy and to have people come up to you to start conversations, which is nice but weird, i would love to gig more often with that said
>>
File: 2015062695215559.jpg (76 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
2015062695215559.jpg
76 KB, 1600x900
>Last Show
I saw TWIABP and they were pretty good. I'd say it was a 7/10 because the show has close to no one there and everyone that was there were just recording the show on their phones. Their lights on stage were pretty cool though.
>Best Show
Death Grips or Neutral Milk Hotel. Death Grips was just really intense and fun while Neutral Milk Hotel was just kinda cool and emotional. They really brought the crowd together.
>Worst Show
Probably Tyler, the Creator. The crowd was so fucking awful and literally everyone was wearing supreme. I wore a Lil Ugly Mane shirt to it and so many 13 year olds kept telling me that they loved LUM but he was no where near as talented as Tyler. Seriously guys, like 6 kids told me this.
Pic related; it's Ride
>>
>Last
Parquet Courts. They were pretty good from what I remember but the crowd was fucking egregious they were so disrespectful, two guys got in a fight, and some idiots formed a mosh pit (which is fine but parquet courts is not the show for that) and someone ended up headbutting me and giving me a concussion

>best
Too many to decide. Ratking opening for Anco was sick. Death Grips was pure mayhem obviously. Andrew Jackson jihad and Jeff Rosenstock were probably the most fun but I think Titus Andronicus at a 150 person venue has to be my favorite. They covered Born in the USA on 9/11 and I met Patrick before the show and got a setlist after. Plus the performance itself was mesmerizing.

>Worst
Maybe Parquet Courts but only because of the crowd. Public Enemy played too loud to even discern the songs they were playing. Seahaven are a fucking joke.

>travel
I drove 12 hours to Bonnaroo lol. In high school I would have to drive 2 hours minimum to see shows so I guess I'm used to it. It depends on the circumstances but I would have to say it's gotta be once in a lifetime to go more than 4 hours

>played
I wish. I think about it all the time.
>>
>last show
glocca morra, but i may have gone to one since
6/10, annoying crowd but good performance

>best show
idk probably nmh or slint

>worst show
i went to a joyce manor show once which was fucking hell. but if openers count there was the shittiest freak folk girl duo that opened for slint
>>
>>65121001
do tyler the creator fans only like LUM cause earl talked about him in an interview once?
>>
>>65120858
Oh alright
This is a longshot but would you be up for letting me sleep on your couch or something after the show so I can leave in the morning? I'm no good driving over the pass at night.
I know >stranger from 4chan but I'm just asking.
>>
>>65121195
sorry man, i would but i still live at home and parents would not be down with that.
>>
>>65121238
Alright, thanks.
>>
>Last
Sunn O)))
A completely different concert experience, I just put my hood up and completely zoned out. It was strange but really fun, I'll see them again when they come back. They put on a really cool show.

>Best
Maybe Godspeed, they're my favorite band and their live sound is so massive that I actually cried tears of joy during the Hope Drone. The Ocean was probably the most fun I've had at a show, everyone was drunk and pushing each other around and screaming in unison.

>Worst
Haven't been to any BAD shows. I saw Future and he was just yelling about 1/4 of the lyrics over the pre-recorded track playing over the PA with his crew running around and yelling random shit over it, but the atmosphere was still pretty fun, and I got the ticket for free.
I've seen some horrible opening acts, a lot of djent stuff from back when that was at its heyday.

>Longest
I drive 2-3 hours to Atlanta/Athens for most shows. I was prepared to drive about 8 hours to North Carolina for Moogfest but I wasn't able to get time off my job. Still pissed about it.

>Gig
I attempted to do a show after I released a shitty demo EP two years back. Ended up plugging my phone into a miked guitar amp and playing the drum track through it, then trying to loop the 2-3 guitar parts with a shitty pedal I didn't fully understand. Just an embarrassing disaster all around, and I promised myself to never play live until I know what I'm doing.

>>65119653
>ZOOTV Tour
Jelly
>in 1977
What are you doing on this site?
>>
>last show
Snarky Puppy at the Tabernacle. 7/10 the jams were pretty great and the crowd was super energetic as well.
>Best show
Sunn
>worst
The Dodos probably. I love them but their levels were just off and they never really fixed it. Still enjoyed them though
>Longest commute
Going to see Tame Impala in MD which is only about a 4 hr drive from where I live
>Played a gig
Nope
>>
>>65119103
Last show was AnCo in NJ, I'd say solid 8/10

Show in Philly was an awesome experience so I'd say that's the best.

Worst was Grimes, she's fucking horrible.

Longest commute would be 8 hours.

I have and its trippy.
>>
>Whats the last show you went to? (rate out of 10)
Dan Kelly and Alex Gow (from Oh Mercy), 7/10
Dan Kelly was great but i wasn't super keen on Alex Gow and his vocals

>Whats the best show you've been too?
Probably either Battles or Joanna Newsom, both at the Sydney Opera House

>Worst show? and Why
Nothing really stands out as being particularly horrible, Blink 182 were pretty terrible when I saw them in like 2003-4, (and I was a big fan) they were just kind of going through the motions, and it seemed like it was just a big chore for them..

>what's the longest commute you're willing to make for a concert?
I've driven 8 hours and stayed overnight heaps of times to see shows, doesn't really faze me.. i kind of like going away for a night to see a show, any excuse for a little mini-break really.
>>
File: panasonic ball Am radio.jpg (87 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
panasonic ball Am radio.jpg
87 KB, 500x406
>>65121441
>What are you doing on this site?

Its a fun way to kill time and though I am far from patrician I have enjoyed listening to music since a very early age (pic related just like my first radio )and try to stay current with some of the current music.
>>
>Latest Show
Acid Mothers Temple, fucking killer but forgot to bring earplugs which fucked my hearing for the next couple days
>Best Show
Darkside at Lollapalooza. Skrillex, Chance, and some other shit band was headlining at the same time so there were maybe 50 some people at the stage. Also Tim Hecker and Autechre were fantastic
>Worst Show
Probably Beach Boys at summer fest. Paid way to much to sit way to far away
>Longest commute
3 hours
>Played a gig
Never have
>>
>latest show
com truise and STRFKR. it was decent, there was a pit near the middle end and some fruity astronauts danced on stage
>best show
death grips hands down. perfect crowd energy and insane stage presence from the band. also 10/10 set, they played all the hypest shit and did freestyle drums and vocal distortions between songs to keep the energy going. idk it was perfect
>worst show
flatbush zombies like a week ago. the audio mixing was horrible, zombie juice is even worse live, and the crowd was all pussy wiggers too scared to mosh even after meech asked us to smfh
>>
>>65119103
Last big name show I went to was Napalm Death w/ Melvins and Melt Banana, which was incredible.

Best show was probably a couple of Halloweens ago when The Protomen played in Minneapolis. The crowd was so into the music, it was unreal

Worst big name show in recent memory was OPN. Just so much wrong with the sound and stage presence, it was not a good set. Lots of hecklers in the crowd because of all the problems

Longest commute so far just for a show has been 280 miles to see The Red Elvises. It was worth it.

I've played a noise show once years ago. It was a little nerve-wracking since I didn't know what to expect, but it was fun. I would love to play a show again, though I'd want to play more of my actual compositions, though I don't have enough original material that I'm proud of yet.. Otherwise, I've DJ'd someone's backyard and a couple of weddings, which have been pretty underwhelming
>>
>>65121856
Where did you see Naplam and the Melvins? They just played here and I missed it.
>>
>>65121832
Are you from Iowa?
>>
>>65121890
I saw them at First Avenue in Minneapolis a few weeks ago. You should have caught it! It was my second time seeing Melt Banana. All of the bands were superb, though
>>
>>65119103
Godspeed You! Black Emperor, 8.5/10

Joanna Newsom

>Worse show? and Why
Some Australian blues band called Bondi Cigars. I went to see with my dad and his weird girlfriend. It was on my birthday and 65dos were playing elsewhere in the city but announced it way after he had bought tickets already. They're his favourite band and I woulda felt bad saying "actually im going to see another band sorry". I was feeling sick and spent the first 10 minutes in the bathroom and they just played really generic blues rock for like 2 hours, and I was surrounded by drunk bogans. They weren't awful, but it was an awful night.

1384km, according to google. To see Joanna Newsom in Sydney.

>have you played a gig before? whats it like?
No
>>
I have never been to a show before.

This is my favorite show.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU0aSJ7Y3Kg
>>
I don't remember the last show I went to but it was probably like 6/10 satisfying live music experience
best show: a place to bury strangers in a 99 capacity venue. they had a full projector and fog machine setup and my ears were ringing for a week afterwards. in a live setting they emphasize performance and experience over tightness and proficiency or whatever and it really works in their favor.
worst show: mat kearney, i went cuz i had nothing better to do and my friends mom bought my ticket. it was just shitty pop music idk what i expected.
longest commute: idk i used to driven with my dad for like 3 hours to see shows out of town but now i live on my own and take the bus everywhere so it's never longer than like 45 minutes to get to a show.
yeah I've played a bunch of gigs before and it's pretty much the best feeling in the world. sucks tho cuz I don't have a band anymore and not into performing by myself.
>>
Eagulls

7/10

Better on record. Alright live, but haven't got much of a stage presence and they can't seem to emulate the guitar effects as good on stage.
>>
>>65121001
BOY!!! GET A LOAD OF THIS

>DEATH GRIPS
>NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL
>TYLER THE CREATOR
>"I WORE A LIL UGLY MANE SHIRT"

NIGGA SOMEONE OUGHTA DELETE THIS FUCKING ABOMINATION OF A BOARD OH MY GOD
>>
>>65119103
Last show
>Bell Witch (riperino), Wrekmeister Harmonies, and Pallbearer At Zanzabar in Louisville
8/10 only because Pallbearer gets worse every time I see them live, everyone else was fucking fantastic

>Best Show
Day one of Hammerheart's Ostarablot festival, saw Wyrding, Wilt, Waldgefluster, Obsequiae, and Falls of Rauros. Drank a lot of beer and partied down in the front row

>worst show
Some local show in Louisville that was a bunch of shitty power metal and hardcore bands. Was delayed like 3 hours and I had gotten there early anyways. Seidr played at the end and they were the ones I was there to see. Crow did the first and only Wheels Within Wheels set afterwards with Austin Lunn on drums which was really awesome.

>Longest commute
I've driven 14 hours up to Minneapolis for a show (Winterblot '14 & Ostarablot '16)
I live in the middle of nowhere so its at least an hour and a half drive to get to any shows. Most I'm willing to do for just a small show is up to Columbus which is 2.5 hours. Gonna be up there this coming Sunday to see Planning for Burial again, pretty pumped to hangout with Thom again

>have you played a gig
No but I've roadied before, smoked a ton of pot and got drunk for a week, was pretty great
>>
Deicide

pretty dope, too many opening bands, should have showed up later.
>>
>>65119103
The Who, last night
Backstage passes, got to see the soundcheck with the band.

Easy 10/10

>best show
Apart from The Who, probably Andrew Jackson Jihad when they toured with Jeff Rosenstock and a couple of other bands I didn't know at the time, just because the venue and crowd and atmosphere were so perfect.

All of the bands were coming out during each others' sets and messing around, joining in for songs and watching their friends play. Plus small venue made it awesome.

>worst
No idea, I've been to a bunch of smaller shows that were totally forgettable but nothing stands out in my mind as being particularly bad.

I saw Walter Trout play in socal and they had a really terrible opener that was obviously some super egotistical twat and two guys that it looked like he had reluctantly roped into gigging with him. All his songs had super cheesy awful lyrics and he kept imitating generic 'rockstar' shit like flicking his hair back and tilting his acoustic guitar up 90 degrees like he was soloing intensely. Trout was good though so it made up for it.

>longest commute
Last night, about 230 miles each way, 460 round trip in one day.

>have I played a gig
No I suck ass.

>>65121856
Nice, I've seen Melvins a couple of times now and they always put on a great show. >>65121890 should see them if you get a chance.

>>65121001
>>65121005
I saw DG in Pomona and was almost memed to death. There were a couple of guys wearing bright pink shirts with Cal Chuchesta's face on them and people started chanting Bernie Sanders before the show, which was pretty funny desu. DG were great and there was easily the most energetic crowd I had ever seen.
>>
>>65119103
>Last Show
Iron maiden book of souls world tour 9/10

>Best Show
Black Sabbath 13 world tour 10/10

>Worst Show
none really that bad, went to westfest 2015 and it was awesome, 9/10 show, apart from the bit where they had fall out boy and some other post hardcore crap.

>longest commute
probably like a 10 hour drive or 2 hour plane ride. where i live we got fuck all international acts so you really have to put the effort in to see any bands. going to see immolation soon, 8 hour drive.

>have i played
i havnt, but i have managed gigs, its great, free piss, free vip and free entry. plus meeting the bands is cool
>>
File: giJ2oR9.webm (902 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
giJ2oR9.webm
902 KB, 720x404
Den Sorte Skole (9/10)

>Whats the best show you've been to?
Either Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Sigur Rós or Nicolas Jaar

>Worse show? and Why
TesseracT, they were a replacement for The Dillinger Escape Plan which I was so thrilled to be seeing. The main crime of TesseracT was just being repetitve, dull and altogether boring.

>What's the longest commute you're willing to make for a concert?
Don't know, my longest commute so far was a 3½ hour bus ride to Gothenburg for Roger Waters in 2013 and Way Out West last year.

>Have you played a gig before? whats it like?
Nope.
>>
>Last
Rufus in Brisbane, 6/10

>Best
Drones, also in Brisbane, strong 7 to a light 8/10.

>Worst
Shitty street festival in Rockhampton, shit crowd, shit venue, average performances from what should have been some at least decent Australian acts
>>
>Last show
Saw Pinegrove, the Sidekicks, TWIABP, & Into It Over It about a month ago. Pinegrove is always amazing live and they followed through on that, but The Sidekicks came out of nowhere and blew me away. The World Is was good too, they really put on a show with the lights and all those fucking people on stage (4 fucking guitarists I swear to god), but I couldn't really hear the female vocalist at all. Into It Over It was just okay and their set dragged on a tad too long. 7.5/10

>Best show
Jack White's set at bonnaroo

>Worst show
Tie between a bunch of shitty house shows with crap bands I don't know the names of

>Longest commute
I've driven 14 hours for festivals before, but for a single band I think 5 hours tops it. I'd be willing to drive more depending on who's playing

>Played a gig
Nope
>>
>>65119103
Bookakee, Gorod, Revocation, Job for a Cowboy, Dillinger Esc Plan (headliner) and DEP blew my mind to bits 9/10

Either Tim Hecker or GY!BE

That Generation Axe tour came and my good buddy wanted to go. I enjoyed Tosin Abasi's bit, but everything else was wankery that got boring fairly quickly.

I'd save up to do a cross-country road trip, but only if it were a festival.

Nope.
>>
>last show
Last show I went to was AnCo back in March 10/10

>best show
Best show was the AnCo show

>worst show
Havent been to enough shows to consider any bad

>longest commute
2 hours

>gigs
If playing small concerts in an instrumental ensemble count, than yeah. Feels pretty good to see something you've worked pretty hard on being received well.
>>
>>65119103
Yung Lean + GTB (8)
Kanye
>Worse show? and Why
Mac Demarco, decided to stop by his show at FYF fest and he just tuned his guitar and shit for like 30 minutes. i finally got bored and went to Battles instead, which was great.
depends on the circumstances, but probably not over 5 hours
I DJ'd a friends event before off my phone, idk if that counts. it was fun, it made me happy to see people enjoying the remixes and shit i was doing with the music
>>
>>65119277
>Car Seat Headrest/Julien Baker
jesus this sounds insufferable to the max
>>
>>65124928
Holy fuck you're me. I'd change my best though to the Jezebels at the tivoli.
>>
>>65119103
I stopped going to live shows because my ears got fucked up from going to too many live shows and not using hearing protection.
>>
Last:
Radiohead in Amsterdam last week 8/10
Best:
Joanna newsom earlier this year at the Divers Tour, I found out she was playing in a venue 5 minuten away from where my mother lives, so i took her and it was perfect
Worst: MF DOOM, my girlfriend bought uw tickets and he was playing on my birthday, ofc he didnt show up and it was just a wackass dj playing songs
>>
>>65119103
last show was prob foxing with ttng and twiabp, which was actually a really long time ago.

best show was bjork at pitchfork, this crazy scary storm started up and she had to cut it short, but it was the most intense live performance i've ever seen.

too many bad shows to count, saw a bunch of bullshit 90s radio festival crap. seeing passion pit on one of their first tours was really obnoxious, and the crowd smelled like trash and semen

i've driven five + hours, but thats for a fest or something

i've played a bunch of gigs, none of them were that exciting, the majority were acoustic shows, and some dj sets.
>>
>Best 'Live' Electronic Music
Daft Punk - Alive 2007 (Australia)

Electronic music shows went shit after this point with everyone trying to 1 up everyone else in the game with more lazerz and screenz.

>Worst show
Grimes, sounds like a grimes cover band live.
>>
>>65119103
>Battles (8/10)

>Haven't been to many, but probably The Middle East at Woodford folk festival 2010

>Grimes. Boring, factory standard stage presence and it looked like she was just there to fulfil her festival contract.

>Eh, probably 2.5 hrs max. It really depends.

>I played in a few school bands and I'm part of a musical theatre company, if it counts. From those experiences, it's alright, just be confident.
>>
A friend invited me to go with him to a show in august that will have the following:
-The Prodigy
-The Expoited (idk who they are)
and
- Bullet For My Valentine

will it be shit? or will it be good? it's front stage tickets. also, is hearing protection essenial?
>>
>>65127567
All will be terrible. Save yourself
>>
>>65127567
new shit by prodigy is pretty bad, but they do put on an entertaining live show
>>
>Boredoms 8/10

>Lightning Bolt in Camden, UK late last year. Shit was crazy and they weren't even headlining (Supporting OM)

>2 hour car trip was longest to see the prodigy in 2010

>Played school indie cover bands and a few different outfits outside of that. playing covers of obvious songs to your friends is one thing but playing stuff that you personally really like and seeing people you don't know really responding to that feels great
>>
Eric church and matry stuart.

Not a big church fan but it was pretty good.

Marty fuckin stuart playin old honky tonk shit was awesome.
It was free and we got vip seating with free booze so bout 7/10

Rob zombie
Hands down, the motherfucker can put on a show. Seen him several times and not once has it sucked

>Worse show? and Why
Manson
Dude was having a super bad night.
Sounded shitty, lighting cues were wrong, it was all bad. Heard he fired some road crew that night.

However far it is from nevada to wacken open air

Plenty. It can be amazing or terrible. Depending on how everything goes. But ive been lucky that none of them were ever serious bombs. I love it though. Really is nothing better. Csnt wait to play shows with this new band
>>
>>65127547
Brisfag?
>>
music festival in the city a few days ago, 6/10, food was good tho
ehhhhh i don't know, probably Kyary Pamyu Pamyu cause at the time i was a die-hard fan (cringe), felt like a natural high all night. Like a dream. She's coming back this year and I'm tempted to go, but this time mostly cause i just think she's hot
>Worse show? and Why
i only go to shows i know ill enjoy lol. I enjoy just about any live shows though.
6 hours? if i have to travel by car or train i don't really mind actually. If someone messaged me like "hey want to go to this concert? we're gonna have to take a 12 hr train tho" i would be very keen actually lol. I love alone time on transport for some reason. comfy.
Performed with school many times as vocalist both solo and with others, on guitar, etc, have some things lined up for the end of the year. :^) keen
>>
>>65119103
Robin Trower
6/10. I got free tickets, so it was worth a random weeknight. It was better than I expected, but not great.

Rolling Stones - Lick's Tour in 2002.
I'm not a big Rolling Stones fan, but they put on a fucking incredible show. I had 7th row floor tickets, and it was incredible.

>Worse show? and Why
Jars of Clay in 2005ish? I dug them in the mid 90's when they had a few radio hits that made it beyond the CCM world. But damn that concert was sad.

I drove about 3 1/2 hours for a show. I might drive a little further, but it's generally not necessary since I live in a major city where most bands play and since there's a great college town about an hour away that gets everything else.

Played tons of gigs before in various settings on various instruments. Weddings are the most annoying because music sucks, but they generally pay great. Playing gigs at small venues is much more fun, but the pay is awful and the lifestyle associated with that world blows. I stopped gigging a number of years ago. I'll do something occasionally if a group I know needs a stand in for something, but having a real job and real world responsibilities sorta kills your desire to haul some gear around to a shitty part of town in the middle of the night for a few hundred bucks.
>>
Eskimeaux - 7/10
GY!BE
>Worse show? and Why
Ty Segall & The Muggers
People kept touching me, couldn't see, music wasn't that good and neither were the opening acts
5 hours
Nope
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.