[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curwhibbles (CYOA)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 5
File: 21213114157.png (231 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
21213114157.png
231 KB, 960x1280
“The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Sir Richard Burton

>You are Emery Errant, a curious satyr who has left home and gone off in search of your missing father.

>Guided only by the photos in his journal and his three weird knick knacks that found their way to your door, you begin your travel to six towns in the middle of nowhere in order to find clues about his disappearance.

>But be warned. Not everything is exactly what it seems in these small towns...

Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/curwhibbles/24150172/

==========

Character Sheet: http://pastebin.com/hEjT26b8

Inventory: http://pastebin.com/a82H9z48

Current Whereabouts:
http://pastebin.com/Laf2Ek5R

==========
>>
>You raise an eyebrow at Mrs. Mayflower's sudden jumpiness. Weird, as soon as she noticed that you were a satyr, she got all spooked like a deer in headlights. Her cheery and upbeat demeanor just stopped as if a switch instantly flipped inside her brain.
>Is there any chance she's speciesist? After all satyrs aren't exactly the hottest thing since slice bread to a lot of the older pony population. Or maybe it's something more similar to Amara's situation with the photo, and something (or someone) is making her clam up.
>It's got you speculative at the very least. In any case though, the clerk seems urgent in getting an answer from you, so you insist on appeasing the mare and start to ask some questions about her tie in to her grandfather, Nathaniel Mayflower.
"Actually ma'am, I'm not necessarily from this neck of the woods and I figured I wanted to know more about the local area and research up on it on the town's history."
>"Weeell, isn't dat nice deary?" Mrs. Mayflower pitter-patters her hooves on the counter. "W-what does dat 've to do with me, though?"
"You're last name? Mayflower, of course." You rub your chin as you observe the mare sneaking glances back at the closed door. "I was just asking to see if you could talk to me about you grandfather, Nathaniel Mayflower? It's for clarification, you see-"
>"Ooooo, tch tch tch!" Mrs. Mayflower shakes her head. "Ahm sorry miss, but I can't help you there. Dat's a matter of business you best be speaking to my hoosband about, you see."
"But ma'am," you begin. "Mrs. Mayflower? Is it alright to call you that? I've taken a real shine to this place ever since I got here, and I'm thinking about settling down here soon."
>"By jove, are ya? Ohooheehoo~!" Mrs. Mayflower beams a grin and instantly she leans over the counter and shakes your hand as if you've won the gold for the Olympics.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27224207
>"Ah, it's part of the charm, I figure! People come from far and wide, from Manehatten to Tacowma, and settle down in our little hamlet, dont'cha know? It may'nt look like much, but it gets a-hustling and bustling come the night, once yer indoors! The neighbors are to die fer and everyone takes care 'f each other here! Pretty soon ya'll have as many friends than you can count with yer fancy calculators! But I guess I was just as smitten like you young folk when I moved here with me hoosband so long ago!"
>Mrs. Mayflower, losing all of her tension from just minutes ago, titters and wiggles her rear to and fro as she leans on the counter and starts reminiscing about her younger days. Though you're still suspicious about what got her so jumpy in the first place, maybe this is a chance for you to ask a few questions?
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27224216
We were liking it here, but than we found out that there were people that hated satyrs.
>>
>>27224440
"Of course," you say with a small laugh. "My stay here has been great so far, in the most part. I've made some quick friendships on such short notice."
>"Mhmm!"
"But some people, I'm not gonna name names," you say while leaning closer over the counter, "have been less than stellar in their meetings and greetings. Why just the other day while I was visiting a library, I heard a couple of stallions laughing and say whether or not 'halfies'," you say while rolling your eyes, "only checked out books from the children's section on the account of no cutie marks and such."
>You sigh, trying to feign a bit of melancholy by looking dejected and scratching the back of your head. It's always good to play the dejected angle with strangers, since people are either knowledgeable enough about satyrs where you can win them by making up some vague misfortune you've experienced, or ignorant enough that you could fib your heart out and sometimes have people moved to tears on a good day.
>"Goodness me!" Mrs. Mayflower gasps and puts a hoof towards her mouth. "Ooo, I'm terribly sorry 'f I offended ya when I asked ya to skidaddle a tad faster, missy!"
>Her eyes were twinkling with guilt, sort of like how a kitten looks like when it knows it shouldn't have clawed up your favorite sweater, that little furball. Dang girl, she's making you feel a bit guilty playing this whole 'prejudice' card. Still, not like you're fibbing entirely. Mayor Shuck was an asshole. Who knows whether or not a percentage of that assholery was due to you being a satyr.
"Huh? Uh, no," you wave a hand at her statement. "I don't hold you to that Mrs. Mayflower. It just sends my heart in a tizzy whenever I see a bonafide citizen of Equestria acting less than what our good princesses would want us to."
==========
(...)
>>
>>27225075
>"Probably just some bad indigestion. Have ya eaten at some of those Ma 'n Pa diners here? Oof!" She sticks out her tongue. "Ah'll tell ya, my hubby and I went to one near da town square, oof! We couldn't even leave da room!"
>She laughs and wipes a small tear from her eye before sighing. She nods, and for the first time, you see a similitude of her true age rather than the bubbly disposition. "Aah...but yes, unfortunately dearie, there are some people in this town that aren't too fond of outsiders."
"What, outsiders of the town? They're all over the place."
>"No," she shakes her head. "Outsiders of the natural order." Mrs. Mayflower lowers her ears and sighs. "My hubby, I'm sorry to say is one of those people. Says it's a sign of the unnatural, bless his heart."
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
Pausing here. Will resume tomorrow.
>>
>>27225094
Would we even be able to ask him questions? How would we be able to learn anything about Nathaniel Mayflower?
>>
>>27225219
What were we going to try and find out about Nathaniel now again?
>>
>>27225358
If they know what he found out about the Shucks that made him freak out.
>>
>>27225094
Asking her husband directly might be a bit difficult since he's probably going to refuse to talk to us. Mrs. Mayflower should understand that.
Doesn't she know anything about Nathaniel Mayflower? Anything at all? Surely Mrs. Mayflower's husband must have mentioned Nathaniel once or twice?
Does Mr. Mayflower have a phone? Maybe we can call him and talk to him over the phone. Then he wouldn't be able to see that we're a satyr. Or we could take a chance and walk to him, and hope he doesn't notice and thinks we're a human.
>>
>>27225805
>Maybe we can call him and talk to him over the phone
That actually sounds like a plan. If he does, Mrs. Mayflower would have it.
>>
aw hell yeah
>>
So what's the plan? We tell Mrs. Mayflower that we should try and talk to her husband over the phone, and hope she understands why we won't talk to him face-to-face? If so, then we should ask her where the nearest phone is so we don't have to waste time searching for one.
>>
i don't read this but i saw you were about to fall off the board
>>
Page 10 bump. Will delete.
>>
>>27229368
could work
>>
>>27225094
(>>27225219, >>27225805)

"Can you tell me more about your husband?" You say crossing your arms. "You told me I should speak to him if I wanted to learn more about Nathaniel Mayflower?"
>Mrs. Mayflower taps her hooves together and purses her lips, humming a worrying tone. "'Fraid ah can't really guarantee my hoobby would speak to yah about it, dearie. He's a very tight-lipped man about his family, yah see?"
"Really? That's weird. Because I know that his family lineage dates pretty far back in the town." You place a hand on your chest and give a shrug. "Now, if I had a pedigree like that, I wouldn't think twice to flaunt it at other people. Family's important to me, you see."
>"Ah understand completely! Oooh, yer talking to the youngest-middle daughter of sixteen little ones, hahahee!" Mrs. Mayflower is quick to pull out her purse under the table and pulls out a long unfolding picture of every member of her immediate family.
>She insists on shoving the pictures into your hands. Scanning through each of them, you see a lot of stallions, mares, and a couple of colts and fillies, all with varying flower related cutie marks.
"We're a clan of everything flowah! Most of us are humble gardeners, but some of us dabble in confectionery, medicine, and even a little music!"
"That's...wow, that's some family tree you got there." You say, pretty impressed as you hand over the picture. You can't even imagine having a family that sprawling.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27237397
>Your own mom was content at stopping at one child, even though her own mother insisted on having more grandchildren to spoil. Waiting for the bathroom to open up was already a pain, considering your mom practically lived in there. But add in fifteen other little Emerys? There'd be a brawl come every morning.
>"Hmm, ah consider myself blessed to be apart of this family. It's because of them I met my Anthony."
"Would Anthony be...?"
>"Yes, my hoosband, Anthony Mayflower. He came in out flower shop for a funeral he was attending in our hometown, so distraught he was. Ah just couldn't leave the sad stallion there, gloomy as a rain cloud. So I asked if he'd mind some company after attending his business with his kin 'n all, and bit by bit, our love for each other started to bloom!"
>Mrs. Mayflower lets out a giggle. "But ah tell yah, from all the years I've been around the Mayflowers, one thing is for certain. They look after there own, and look out for others twice as much. A peculiar bunch, yes, but they warm up to yah if they can trust yah."
"So," you start off cautiously, "given that I'm a satyr, is there a chance that your husband can warm up to me?"
>"Hmmm...Mmmmm..." The mare tilts her head and rubs her snout. "Ahm in a bit of a stump about that, dearie. Ah reckon that he wouldn't exactly be extend the same Barkingsburg hospitality towards a satyr."
>Sighing, you pinch your nose. You need context for what Nathaniel Mayflower saw. What provoked him to cold blooded murder like that?
"Is there any other way to contact him by phone then," you question. "I doubt he could tell my species over a phone."
>"Mm, my Anthony often doesn't answer calls unless it's close friends or family. But I reckon that-"
>Before she can finish her sentence, you hear the creak of a door open from the far side of the room.
>"Meri," the gruff voice sounds. "Is that a customer out there I hear?"
==========
(...)
>>
>>27237412
>Mrs. Mayflower tries to trot towards the door, you try and hide behind the centerpiece on the floor, but it's too late.
>"Well hurry her up," Mr. Mayflower groans. "I have some tickets for tonight at the theater and I want to drop our clothes down at the cleaner!" A lavender coated stallion with a white mane trots out the door. He smiles at his wife and raises and eyebrow.
>"Boy, you look shakier than a willow tree in a tornado, Ma. What's eating-"
>He spots your tail poking out of the flower pyramid and trots over towards you. "Is this the customer right here? If you want some flowers to court your boyfriend, I'd recommend the gladiolus, or-"
"Uh...hey there, sir." You tug at your collar. "Pleasure to meet you?"
>Immediately, you see his mouth agape and eyes slowly fill with outrage at the sight of you. "What in the world is a bloody satyr doing in my shop?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27237424
Shopping and having a nice chat with you wife.
>>
>>27237424
(>>27237458)

"Uh, just having a lovely chat with your charming wife!" You give a crooked smile as Mr. Mayflower stares you down with malice in his eyes.
>"Take your flowers and get out my shop. I don't deal with the likes of abominations." He shoulder bumps you while making his way towards the flight of stairs, if you weren't clear beforehand that your presence wasn't wanted.
>"Now wait just wait a minute, Pa." Mrs. Mayflower rushes towards the side of her husband. "The girl's planning on settling down here soon and she wanted to get to know the locals. Ah know how ya are with satyrs and all, but she doesn't seem all that bad."
"Yeah, right! I really didn't mean any trouble, Mr. Mayflower," you say with raised hands. "Chatting with the townsfolk just seems like a surefire way to know more about the history. Books and travel guides could only tell you so much."
>Mr. Mayflower grunts and squints his eyes. "Good then. If you're going to be settling down in this town I want you to hear first-hand that you're not welcomed in this house."
>"Pa! Come off it, now that's just being rude!"
>"Ma, I told you, I will not have anything to do with satyrs, period, end of discussion," he grumbles. "Diamond dogs and griffons running amok here and you don't see them producing any spawn from Tartaurus."
>As he hobbles away up the second floor, you trot up in front of him.
"But sir, you're actually the person I've wanted to meet for the longest!" Now that you've finally come face to face with Nathaniel's grandson, you try your best to get his attention directly on you by blocking the flight of stairs. You outstretch your arms, spreading you reach out as far as possible.
>"Hey!" The stallion snorts, failing to find a way upstairs as you juke and jive to guard the way up the stairs. "Get out of my way or I'll bowl you over! Don't make me tell you twice!"
==========
(...)
>>
>>27238584
>"Anthony, just hear her out!" Mrs. Mayflower tugs lightly on his tail. "It's this type of behavior that made me commandeer the counter for myself!"
"Please, just a second of your time, Mr. Mayflower!" You raise both of your pointer fingers up. "I'm also studying the history of this place, and-"
>"You're about to be history in a few moments if you keep testing my patience, girl!" He tries to gallop past you, but you prevent him from doing so while holding his head back with your palms.
"And I'm interested in learning more about the Mayflower family! One of the oldest of the town?"
>His hooves cycle in the air as he rears up. "Bah! I'm not telling anything about them to the likes of you!" You grab his shoulders before he could tread past you. The aged stallion's body would have been a strong one back in his day, but youthful energy eventually prevails as he quickly tires from this small struggle.
"Not even about Nathaniel Mayflower?"
>"Especially not Natha-!" In an instant, you both disconnect and Mr. Mayflower takes a few hoofsteps back. He eyes you up and down, raising his head with a sour scowl on his face.
>"Nathaniel Mayflower? What does that name have to do with an abomination like you? Where did you hear it?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27238599
Time for some honesty, We originally came to this town looking for our father and while looking for information on him, not only did we grow a bit fond of this town (have to keep up that charade), we found out about some of the unusual thing happening around here. We feel that the Shucks are in some way connected, but the only source of information is the mayor, the sheriff, and somebody that knows Nathaniel's story.
>>
>>27238645
This.
>>
>>27238599 (You)
(>>27238645,>>27239056)

"At the library," you say. "I stumbled upon it while I was in the archives awhile ago, investigating the town's history."
>There's an incredulous look in Mr. Mayflower's eyes, but it appears you've gotten his attention, for the most part. "What did you say you were doing here initially? Getting to know the townsfolk on account of you moving here? What does poking around my family tree have to do with any of that?"
"Actually," you sigh, "it doesn't. Barkingsburg seems nice, but I'm not actually moving here."
>"Yah fibbed to me about that, then?" Mrs. Mayflower drew back. "Such a shame then. Ah thought we were getting another neighbor." You give an apologetic shrug as Mrs. Mayflower puffs her cheeks.
"I'm actually here to look for my father. He went missing months ago and now I'm trying to revisit the places he last visited in order to track him down. This town was my first stop, and everything seemed fine until I noticed something strange going on in this town."
>"Strange you say?" Mr. Mayflower rubs the tiny whiskers on his snout. You could see his posture relax a bit. "Strange how?"
"Unnaturally strange, sir. I know I'm just a newcomer, but I've noticed some things here and there that tipped me off that something isn't right here. I know that the Shucks are connected in some way, but the only people I could look to for reliable information would be the Mayor, the sheriff, or," you gesture towards him, "someone who knew about Nathaniel Mayflower's story in some way."
>"Really now..."
>The stallion puts a hoof under his chin. He gives you another scrutinizing glare, silently judging you up to see if you're trustworthy or not. Good, you think. Atleast he's mulling it over.
>Finally the stallion takes a deep inhale from his nostrils. "Baaaah!" He sighs as he slowly turns around and makes his way towards the door, muttering some words you can't seem to hear. Probably nothing good.
===========
(...)
>>
>>27239112
>"Merigold, keep on manning the counter. I need to have a few words with this satyr."
>He slowly turns around and heads back towards the door he originally came out of.
>You and the wife share a moment of unease that gives way to a small smile.
"Seriously, I really appreciate this Mr. Mayflower."
>"Pa, are ya certain that's okay with ya? Nothing troublesome is going to befall this young girl, now is it? Poor thing already can't find her father."
>"Ma, I can assure you that this one here's already asking for trouble. I'm just steering her in the right direction. Come on, runt, let's talk."
==========
(...)
>>
Pausing
>>
>>27239119
Ooh things getting interesting now.
>>
>>27239119
Guessing he's not fond of satyrs
>>
>>27243208
Well, if he gives us useful information about the Shucks or his ancestors, it hardly matters if he thinks it'll get us killed if we start investigating it further.
>>
>>27243266
We've already come to the conclusion that we're in danger after linking the ghost to Shuck and the forest.
>>
>>27243288
Of course there's something dangerous out there. My point was that we already know this, and we're going to look into it regardless of whether he helps us or not, so whether he helps us because he thinks it'll get us killed or not doesn't really matter.
>>
>>27241111
>>
>>27223686
>>
>>27246267
>>
board is oddly fast right now
>>
Amara a cute
>>
I have the post written up, but I want to wait until tomorrow evening so I can post more than this one.
In the meantime, do any of you listen to music while reading this?
And how would you feel about a small soundtrack (like 1 or 2 minute songs) over the quest?
>>
>>27248133
What kind of soundtracks did you have in mind?
>>
>>27248477
I think Curbles would do with a more dark folksy sound.
>>
>>27248133
I wouldn't mind a soundtrack. Are you a musician too?
>>
>>27248133
As long as it fits.
>>
>>27247288
I hope she gets some art one day.
>>
>>27249457
Who do you think would have the bigger ass?
>>
>>27251361
Emery.
>>
>>27251592
Nice
>>
>>27239119
>The two of you soon enter the room through the door. The floorboards merge into what looks like a living room; immediately in front of you are two green armchairs overlooking a small radio on a stand. It gives off a very vintage feeling.
>Both of you take a seat in your respective seats, which are surprisingly comfortable giving their worn age up close. On the wall above you hang a couple of family photos, presumably from both of their families from what you can tell.
>Mr. Mayflower takes some time to settle into his cushion, until he slouches back, places his hooves on the armrests, and is content on giving you a torpid glare.
>You shift your eyes as you wait for him to . An entire minute passes while you two practically bask in the awkward silence. Every so often Mr. Mayflower would shift his position in his seat, just staring at you like a sloth preoccupied with it's riveting entertainment of watching grass grow.
>The crushing silence in the room becomes too much and you insist on having the first word.
"Mr. May-"
>"I'm going to stop you right there, runt."
>Mr. Mayflower holds up his hoof and leans forward in his chair. "Let me preface this by saying that this might possibly be the onlt time I'll see a satyr in my lifetime and I have a few things to get off my chest. I think you are a horrible, rancid, godless abomination. I don't care for you. I don't care for your mother or your missing father. I think every single one of your entire species should be behind bars, since you don't grow up to be anything else than either strumpets, hoodlums, or deadbeats. Each one of you half breeds can't control your hormones and would rage out at a person at the slightest inconvenience. That is if you don't decide to bed them first."
"Wha-Hey!" You shoot up out of your chair and clench your fists. "What gives you th-"
>"Furthermore, on a personal note, I've seen personal hygiene better kept by a skunk marinating in its own piss as brine."
==========
(...)
>>
>>27254904
>Mayflower groans as he leans back in his chair.
>"However," he says with a sigh. "you've said you've witnessed some unusual things in this town and that the Shucks may be connected to it."
>"Whether or not I have what you're looking for, that's for you to decide; but if you want me to share something as confidential as this in my household," he jabs a hoof in your face, "to a *satyr*, no less, then you're going to have to earn it by doing a few errands for me. No questions, no complaints. Am I absolutely clear?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27255305
Alright. This is our only chance at this lead and neither force nor words would effect this guy. Calm down and get to business. Who knows, if we do a good job he might change his mind.
>>
>>27255305
I wonder if he wants to have sex with us.
>>
>>27255305
Sure, let's agree to do his errands as long as they are not too unreasonable.
>>
>>27255305
(>>27255369, >>27255974)

>You almost think that your fingernails pierce skin with how hard you have your fists balled up. Trying to hie back your grimace, your lips can only contort as you stand rigid above the pony, heart beating ever faster from sure anger. Look at him, that condescending-
>No. Wait. Whatever he's prepared to hand out might be for the benefit of the investigation, you think after taking a deep breath. This could be the key to reveal the Shuck family's involvement in the town's weirdness.
>Quickly, you slam your end into the cushion and cross your arms. You see his head tilt upwards ever so slightly as he waits for an answer with a ghost of a frown on his face.
"Fine," you say. "I'll be your errand boy for now. You just be ready to hold up your end of the bargain once we're through."
>"Feh..." Mr. Mayflower waves his hoof dismissively and gets out of his chair. "I have to be ready for the theater tonight, so I'll need you to pick up my clothes from the dry cleaners."
>You raise an eyebrow at the prospect of picking up this person's clothing for them. You'retrying to solve something important, damn it, there's no times for games. But you choose to hold your tongue.
>"Additionally, there's a present and bouquet I want you to deliver to someone at the hospital. It'll be addressed to Gulliver Fern, got it?"
>Nodding your head, he point his hoof somewhere behind him. "In the fridge you'll find several containers of food. I want you to make sure another friend of mine gets these and stay with her to make sure she eats a meal to completion."
>Rather than wait for your to see your confirmation of the assignments, he makes his way towards the door.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27256094
"Take note: these are very important tasks I'm entrusting to you. I need all of this done by 4 o'clock. Merigold's in the front if you need any assistance. As for me I think another shower should serve me week, given how close I was to a dirty satyr."
>The knob turns and Mr. Mayflower disappears into the main floor of the shop, before poking his head through the door one more time.
>"And for goodness sakes," he says scowling at you, "don't steal anything."
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27256106
Dry cleaners first, so we won't have to deal with him again until we're done. Then hospital and after that the food, since it could be a bit.
>>
Pausing
>>27248477
Earthy, ambient, a little dark like >>27248555 said, but with some bright tunes.
>>27248983
In a sense that I know how to play guitar and some piano, yeah.
>>
>>27256106
Well, let's get to it then. We can deliver the stuff first and pick up his laundry on the way back.
>>
So how do we know he's not setting us up or anything? I just think this
>>27256094
>and stay with her to make sure she eats a meal to completion.
sounds like a bit of a strange thing to do. I might just be a little paranoid, though. Still, I think we should confirm that the one who is having the food really is good friends with Mr. Mayflower before we hand it to her. Or what do you guys think?
By the way, who is this friend? We didn't get a name or anything.
>>
>>27259704
He's probably just trolling us. Thinks he might as well waste our time since he hates us for being a satyr.

>I think we should confirm that the one who is having the food really is good friends with Mr. Mayflower before we hand it to her
Definitely agreed.

>By the way, who is this friend? We didn't get a name or anything.
I don't think so. His wife probably knows, so we should ask her.
>>
>>27259704
>sounds like a bit of a strange thing to do. I might just be a little paranoid, though. Still, I think we should confirm that the one who is having the food really is good friends with Mr. Mayflower before we hand it to her.

That's a good point. While I'm sure no one would go that far, imagine what would happen if said someone died due to poisoned food?
>>
>>27259778
It's not like he could have known we were coming, so I doubt he could have planned a murder and intended to frame us. Most likely he just took the opportunity to offload some of his boring chores on us.
We should still be cautious though.
>>
>>27259828
Expect the worst, hope for the best.

I'm sure he's not that bad but yes, we should be cautious.
>>
>>27259852
>I'm sure he's not that bad
Let's hope not.
Maybe we can change his opinion on satyrs.
>>
>>27259865
I wonder why he even hates satyrs this much when he's apparently never even met one before. It can't be simply because we're half pony and half human, can it?
>>
>>27260097
>when he's apparently never even met one before
That's probably why.
He's just made up some image in his mind of what all satyrs are like based on stereotypes created by other racists.
>>
>>27260118
Shame
>>
>>27263324
Indeed. We must show him the error of his ways.
>>
What are some off-topic character traits you think Emery would have? We know she likes to eat and that showering seems a bit of a hassle to her.
>>
>>27264194
She seems to be a bit of a slob. As far as I recall her room was littered with beer cans and she hadn't showered for several days before leaving home.
>>
>>27260118
What if it's partially that, but also because of something Nathaniel might've told him when he was younger?
Just thinking up a wild scenario here:
>Nathaniel finds out something horrible about the Shucks
>They really are beasts in disguise or something
>He tells his grandson about bad monsters that are part normal and part something unnatural that is not from this world
>Ponies are normal
>Humans are not from this world
>So satyrs are unnatural and bad in Mr. Mayflower's eyes
>And no-one has showed him that he's wrong since he's never met a satyr
>>
>>27266732
It's a possibility, but it's kind of a stretch.
Did he have a problem with humans anyway?
I got the impression he was mostly opposed to hybrids.
>>
>>27266732
I doubt Mr. Mayflower was alive in Nathaniel's lifetime, but it seems reasonable.
>>
>>27266747
>Did he have a problem with humans anyway?
Don't know. Should we ask his wife while we're asking who his friend is?
>>
>>27266788
Why not.
>>
>>27256106
(>>27256137, >>27256160)

>You know, for a crotchety, racist old stallion, you're somewhat relieved that he's just offloading his rather boring errands onto you rather than asking for something super creepy, like funny dances in silly costumes. The thought alone makes you shudder as flashbacks of distasteful childhood holidays rear their ugly heads.
>Though your first impression of him left your blood simmering for a bit, it doesn't stop you from speculating why Mr. Mayflower has such a disdain for satyrs anyway. Some thoughts pop into your head: maybe someone close in his family hated satyrs because they were xenophobic.
>Most humans don't originate from Equestria. Heck, it's speculative that they don't originate from this dimension. In many people's minds, humans are practically aliens and satyrs are creatures born from the result of breeding with a freakier variation of your standard adolescent minotaur.
>Finding yourself back in the ground store, Mrs. Mayflower watches with a bit of concern as her husband ascends the stairs. "That stallion, ah tell ya," she says with a sigh.
>"Oh!" The mare canters towards your side once she spots you out the room. She takes a hold of your hand with both of her hooves and clutches it tight. "Oh dear oh my! Ahm so so so so so sorry about that, dearie! Ah hope ya don't think too ill of my husband. Heaven knows ah try to tell 'em that satyr folk are upstanding creatures, but some things are just too ingrained in that brain of his to even bother listening to his wife prattle on anymore."
"Hey, it's not your fault ma'am. Truth be told, he did say some harsh words," you say while rubbing the back of your neck. "But it sounded more like a bunch of general stereotypes he heard and just tacked the word satyr onto it at the end."
==========
(...)
>>
>>27272532
>Mrs. Mayflower sighs in relief. "Anthony hasn't met a satyr before in his entire life. But ahm glad that this hasn't hurt our reputation as a shop, right?" She says with a chuckle.
"Is he nearly as opinionated over humans?"
>"Not that ah reckon. Pa's mostly indifferent about human kin, but almost all of the Mayflower family despise satyrs!" She squints her eyes. "I'd always get half-truths or a roundabout way of 'bug off and stuff it' whenever I tried to pry the answer from one of them, but to no avail. Whoops."
>Mrs. Mayflower does a small shrug and grins at you. "Now if ya don't mind an old mare prying some more, what'd ya both talk about?"
"Well, we both agreed that in exchange for information, I'd have to do some of his errands I got assigned. Do you think I could get directions to the dry cleaners and the hospital?"
>"'f course ya can! Pretty sure ah know what he's making ya do anyway. One moment." Mrs. Mayflower trots behind her counter and pulls out a pen and a notepad to scribble down the addresses. "Ah can't say ahm particularly fond of having customers doing work for us, but as long as ya get what ya need. Anything else ah can do for ya?"
"Actually, yeah. While your husband and I were talking, he mentioned something about delivering some meals to a friend of his? He didn't give out a name or an address, so I'm pretty much in the dark about them."
>"Food? Oh, yes, yes, ah remember!" Mrs. Mayflower giggles. "Me and Pa met her in the park months ago, doing some sorta outdoor fundraiser thing. Now that was a hoot, Ah'll tell ya what, seeing her shuffling around with a fishbowl as the donation jar. The name escapes me, Pa's the one who sees her the most. But ah can give ya where she lives though, she's in the far end of the neighborhood! Queer little building, ya can't miss it."
==========
(...)
>>
>>27272546
"Thanks Mrs. Mayflower," you say as she hands you the torn page. "I'll be back relatively soon. Hopefully I'll find what I need once I finish playing butler for Mr. Mayflower."
>Mrs. Mayflower snickers. "Oh hush, missy! Ah'd call Pa back down here and dress ya in a suit myself if ya didn't already have a place to go, miss...miss`"
"Emery Errant, ma'am" You flash that trademark (pending) smile and shake her hoof. "And many thanks for giving me your time with you and your husband."
>"Aw shucks," she squeaks and blushes. "It's no worry at all."
>You walk out the door with a wave, stuffing the paper in your pocket, and hop on the bike to your first destination.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27272552
Since we're doing it all at once, we should do the food first since it could take a while.
>>
>>27272573
Yeah, this "friend" of his sounds interesting too. Let's do that first.
>>
>tfw OP fapped and fell asleep
>>
File: Satyr - Emery 6.png (191 KB, 733x895) Image search: [Google]
Satyr - Emery 6.png
191 KB, 733x895
>>
bump on Emery's rump
>>
File: 1390964191053.jpg (11 KB, 73x82) Image search: [Google]
1390964191053.jpg
11 KB, 73x82
>>27277765
I certainly would.
>>
>>27272552
(>>27272573, >>27273006)

>"Oooh, wait wait wait!" Mrs. Mayflower comes out the shop and waves her hoof.
>That is, you *would've* if not for the fact that Mrs. Mayflower reminded you had to get the lunch containers out of the fridge. Right.
>You stuff the plastic container bins inside you mighty bulging rucksack (Mrs. Mayflower insisted that you make a second trip for the bouquet since the flowers are so delicate) and you give her a grateful thanks before you hit the road once more.

----------

>There aren't as many turns in the road as you expect given the distance you travel. You take maybe four, five turns, trough the other part of the residential area of the town. The houses you past by give a certain charm of the colonial northeast, with the forest of Doggywood always creeping up behind them. You even see the high school in the distance, and the conservatively dressed colts and fillies lofting on the front grounds, some around an old time bell tower.
>Something that surprises you is the increased frequency of police cars you spot. Sure, they might just be stationary, and you've seen a few officers eating pastries or unabashedly jamming on the air guitar through the front car windows, but it's a noticeable step up in security compared to what you see in Amara's neck of the woods.
>Eventually, as the houses get sparser, you come up across the address written down on the piece of paper. It's smaller than the one's you've seen so far.
"Wooh," you sigh and wipe a bead of sweat off your forehead. "Man, what I wouldn't kill for a moped. How are we doing on time?"
>You pull out your MP3 and see that it's 12:21 PM. That gives you about three and a half hours to finish those errands for Mr. Mayflower.
"Stop number one: visit a friend of a racist florist in the middle of the woods. Please don't be a serial rapist," you say while crossing your fingers. "Or an interpretive dancer."
>You dismount the bike and lean it onto the mailbox.
==========
(...)
>>
File: HNI_0008.png (410 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0008.png
410 KB, 800x480
>>27278205
>...Decorated with painted racing flames?
"This is...artsy. And by artsy I mean unconventional."
>As you approach the front of the house, you notice that the painted mailbox isn't the only thing that makes it stand out. To the right of the small yard lies a circle outlined with small stones, beside a rowan tree covered in red bundles of yarn. You think you spot a crotchet sweater there too.
>Garden gnomes are arranged alongside the walkway. Strings of multicolored decorated lights wrap around the house, some functioning and giving off a soft glow barely noticeable in the daylight, some long burnt out.
>Besides the owner's garish designing skills, what comes off as particularly strange is the weird array of symbols drawn onto the building in chalk. It reminds you of the disjointed drawings of a four year old's imaginary world. Still though, seeing this makes you a bit more nervous about this 'friend' of Mr. Mayflower. It brings up questions whether or not if they're in their right mind with all of these clearly horrendous design decisions.
>Taking a deep breath, you ring the doorbell on a front door that's nailed with a much too many horseshoes and wait for a response.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27278205
What's an interpretive dancer?
>>
>>27278232
Noun. 1. interpretive dance - a form of modern dance in which the dancer's movements depict an emotion or tell a story.
>>
>>27278229
>Shortly after you ring the doorbell, you hear a muffled voice come from inside the house. "Kaaaay! Kay kay, I'm-ACK!"
>You wince after you hear a loud thud and clatter of noise. "Stupid yo-yo!" The voice sounds decidedly female. Not only that, she sounds really young, an emerging adult at most.
>Is this the right house? No way some old curmudgeon Your hooves clop on the hardwood porch as you back up to take a second look to see if it's the correct address.
>The front door rattles open as you're second guessing you decision coming here first. "I'm coming, I'm coming! Sorry, I didn't expect anyone this-AAAAAAAAH!"
>A shrill screech causes you to wince in surprise.
"Gah! Lady, what gi-OOF!"
>Within seconds you get the wind knocked out of you, flying a few feet off away from the door! Struggling to gasp for a breath, you find yourself grappled by someone who tightens their grip around you. She's...squeezing really hard! Oh my God, it is a serial rapist!
>You plan to go on the offensive until you finally good a good glimpse at your assailant.
"B-Becca!?"
>"Emmy!" You suddenly find yourself on your feet as Rebecca hugs the life out of you. "How in the whole wide world did you find out where I live!"
"G-gah! Becca! Can't *gasp* breathe!" Finding it hard to answer with your ribs steadily cracking, you frantically tap her on the side.
>"O-oh, geez, I'm sorry!" The diamond dog releases her vice grip on you, her tail wagging furiously behind her.
"Haah! Hah! Sakes alive," you say in between breaths, bending over and rubbing your chest. "I guess 'down girl' should've been the first thing I said...hoo boy that smarts..."
>"My bad, Emmy! I'm just so excited to see you! How long has it been? Hours? Days!? What brings you over here?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
>>27278711
Becca was the guitar playing diamond dog we met at the bar right?
Ask her about the string we found on the murder scene.
>>
>>27278711
Does Rebecca have boobs? I'm not sure how female Diamond Dogs are ordinarily depicted.
>>
>>27278711
We were sent by Mr. Mayflower to bring you some food.
>>
>>27278711
(>>27278792, >>27279445)

"I brought you some food." You take Becca's paw as she helps you up. "Courtesy of the Mayflowers."
>"You've met the Mayflowers! Aren't they the cutest?"
"Cute? Uh...sure. I just got acquainted with them today. I know this is a small town, but could you tell me a bit how you met them?"
>"Totes!" Becca hops in excitement. "We'll just get you inside a-" Rebecca's eyes widen and her lips tighten into a straight line. Her nose twitches ever so slightly, and then she starts sniffing all over you, taking deep whiffs and tickling your skin with her breath.
"H-hey now! What, did I put enough deodorant on?" You flush as she grabs you and sniffs behind your neck.
>"Mmm...boy, do you smell great!" She says with a sigh. "You've got all my favorite foods with you!"
>Shuddering, you lightly push Becca away as she tries to get into your burlap sack.
"I'll admit that's a fine schnooze you've got on, but could you refrain from sniffing all over me like your the TSA?"
>"Whoops!" Becca giggled. "I got a bit carried away. Come on inside, we'll chat over some food. From the looks of it," she points at your bike, "you must be peckish after riding here on that."
"It *is* lunch time," you say with a grin.
>Both of you head inside the house. It's a tad dim, only the light streaming from a few windows Your nose is hit with a rather strong smell of rosemary mixed with flowers. After Rebecca closes the door, you notice a hanging wreath made out of rosemary interlaced with seven roses.
"Nice place. Do you live here alone?" You set your sack down and start to rummage through it to give Rebecca, who lets out a small squee once she sees the first container of food out, her packages.
>"Yuppers! My own place with my own style! Like it?"
"Oh, yeah," you say with a chuckle. "Loved the mailbox. And that sweater tree! It sure is...eclectic."
==========
(...)
>>
>>27280000
>"Gee, that's super sweet of you to say Emmy! Here, I'll take these and get some grub warmed up. In the meantime, why don't you get comfy!" She takes the array of plastic bowls away with her and disappears.
>A quick glance around the living room reveals that it's not unlike your room when you left it, a bit of a mess, but not so much so. Clothes are balled up on the ground and there's an empty pizza box in the corner. Still, the space is wide enough to make it look cleaner than it actually is, and this couch is pretty cozy.
>Only a couple of minutes pass until Becca returns with steaming containers of food and plastic utensils.
>"Bon appetite! Pasta for you." She hands you a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs and plops down on the couch beside you, panting heavily as she rubs her paws together. "Chicken tendies for me!"
>Rebecca wastes no time tearing into the large strips of chicken, growling and gnawing on her meal before she puts it back and fans her mouth. You regretfully can't contain your snickering and decide to play it safe and let your dish cool.
>"Hot! Bow wow ow, that's really hot, aaaack!" She yelps as she cools her tongue. "You said you wanted to know how I met the Mayflowers?"
"Yeah, if you don't mind telling me."
>"I don't mind anything!" She wiggles in her sleep and sits crossed legged. "So here's the skinny. A couple of months ago, I was out singing in the park to raise money for alcoholism awareness and a new shelter for the homeless." She puffs her cheeks and glances towards the side. "Terrance thought it was a dumb idea, but I was filled with two root beer floats and determination, by golly! I knew that I could get some money out of these good hearted folk!"
"Hey, I didn't know you were an altruist." You cross your arms, a little impressed. "How much did you get?"
>"53 bits!" She says with pride. "And a coupon to a hair saloon! That showed him, huh!"
"...Eeeeey! Huh? Huh?" You give her two thumbs up.
==========
(...)
>>
>>27280010
>"Yeah, I still have it in my fishbowl! I'm waiting for it to fill up to put it in a bank, but it's really coming along! Anyway, the two of them complemented me on my singing and gave me 20 bits! Wait, or was it 10? I can't remember if it was 10 or 20, but it was certainly the highest donation I received that day! I asked them if they wanted to hear me play at my job. It took me a little convincing after I told them the name of the place, but after that, they came and did a little slow dance on the floor!"
>Becca squees and squishes your cheeks together with her paws. "Aren't old people so adorable? Though I have to admit I was pretty speechless hearing that Mrs. Mayflower was in her eighties the first time. She didn't look a day over fifty! Right Emmy?"
"Pbbth," is your response.
>"Haha! Emmy, that's rude. Speaking of rude, let's not wait for our food to get cold."
"Don't have to tell me twice." She gets back to eating her food, as do you.
>"Mm...MMMN! Soooo good!" She sighs as she lays back into the couch. "Say, is there anything else you wanna talk about? Girl stuff? Drunk stuff? Spooky stuff?"
>After you finish slurping down your spaghetti in the most unladylike manner possible, you gulp the mass of food down and nod. "Oh man, that his the spot. Actually, I think I've got something for you to take a look at."
>You stick your hand way inside your sack and pull out the metal wire you had stashed from investigating Boxcar's murder scene.
"You've got a guitar, right? Does this look like some sort of guitar string to you?"
>You hold the wire in between your thumb and finger. Becca looks at it for a moment and looks to you with a questioning look.
>"Haha! You're not being serious right now, are you Emmy?"
==========
(...)
>>
>>27280016
"Huh? Wh-"
>"Ooooooh, pleeeeease!" Rebecca suddenly forces herself upon you and hangs limp upon your side. "Say it isn't so Emmy! Say it ain't so!" Her muffled mock crying tickles a bit in your jacket before it erupts into full blown laughter.
"Becca!" You blush, a bit from embarrassment from some unseen faux pas, and a bit of anger from how hard Becca's laughing at the metaphorical egg on your face. "What's the big deal? Why are you laughing?"
>She settles down and sighs, pushing herself off of you and snatching the wire from you hand. "Emmy, did you ever have a music class at your school?"
"N-no?" School? What did that have to do with anything.
>"Well have you seen any string instrument up close? Like a guitar or a violin?"
"I have a lot of music on my MP3, if that counts," you say with a glance away.
>Becca snorts and holds up a paw in front of her mouth. "Aw, Emmy~! You're adorable, you haven't even seen a guitar in person!"
"S-so! What does that have to do with anything?"
>"Because, Emmy, you'd figure out that this," she holds the wire in front of you. "isn't guitar wire at all. The length is much too short, the shape is entirely off, it's much too hard, and it doesn't even vibrate when you try to strum it."
>She hands it back to you and you stare.
"What else could it be then?"
>"Hmm." Becca scratched her chest underneath her T-Boning t-shirt. "If I had to guess, it looks like something off of some glasses. You know, like those rims and pieces that go behind your ears?"
>Huh. That's...huh. Words can't describe how badly you overlooked that. You feel your body shut down as you plop down on the side of the couch.
"Noooooooo." Your monotone cries are muffled from your face pushing into the cushions. You feel a paw caress your hair and hear a small giggle.
>"Not to worry Emmy, there's lots of musically challenged people in the world. What made you ask anyway?"
==========
-Input Reaction ()
>>
Pausing
Updated Pastebins:
http://pastebin.com/Laf2Ek5R
>>
>>27280023
Do you think we should just tell her the truth and what we're really here in this town for?
>>
>>27280477
She seems like a bro. I don't see why not.
>>
>>27280530
She seems like the talkative type.
>>
>>27280477
About our dad or Shuck? I'm not too sure about the latter.
>>
>>27280553
We don't even really know anything about Shuck yet. We can tell her we're here looking for our father and currently looking into boxcar's murder. Maybe tell her about our unsettling adventure in the forest and see what she has to say about it.
>>
>>27280586
I don't know, that's a bit too much information. What if it really is tied to Shuck though and he finds out through the grapevine?
>>
>>27280602
We don't even need to mention Shuck or the symbols. I'm just curious if she has any theories about the occult stuff going on.
>>
>>27280023
If that wire is from some glasses, then should we look into those who wears glasses that has a wire like that on them? Or maybe ask Becca if she knows if anyone has worn glasses like those once but then lost them?
Does the Mayor wear glasses?
>>
>>27280807
>then should we look into those who wears glasses that has a wire like that on them
That seems like a plan. So far, I believe the only people we know who wear glasses in the town are Shuck and Petrov Paige. We shall definitely have to examine their glasses more closely as soon as an opportunity arises.
>>
File: k4046-14-7.jpg (46 KB, 526x187) Image search: [Google]
k4046-14-7.jpg
46 KB, 526x187
>>27281860
>>27280807
You both do realize how common and prevalent wire glasses are right? There's no way we could scout the whole town for everyone that wears glasses.Besides, from the description, these are obviously broken. That'll just make it even harder to get potential matches.
>>27280807
Maybe. It's been a while since we've seen him.
>>
>>27281950
>There's no way we could scout the whole town for everyone that wears glasses
Of course not. That would be stupid.
It'll be supporting evidence at best.

I'm just saying we need to keep it in mind whenever we encounter people wearing glasses who we have other reasons to believe could be connected to the case.

>Besides, from the description, these are obviously broken. That'll just make it even harder to get potential matches.

Oh, I'm sure whoever they belong to won't be wearing the same broken glasses that are missing the wire still. However, chances are high they'll still be wearing the same type of glasses.
>>
>>27281982
We don't even know what the glasses look like intact. And it'll be impossible to tell with just a piece of wire and broken glass.
>>
>>27282009
I would imagine Emery would be able to see if the wire at least reasonably matches if she's able to examine the glasses closely.
And if nothing else, we know that someone wearing glasses were at the murder scene.
It's a clue, even if a pretty weak one.
>>
>>27282029
I'd stick with the clue that someone was wearing glasses at the murder scene. I doubt she's able to examine something that particularly specific. But speaking of specifics, where would you rate her on the Myers-Briggs Personality Test? Something extroverted?
>>
>>27278229
Does anyone know what these are?
>>
>>27285249
Maybe it's a clue to something?
>>
>>27223686
>>
>>27285909
Yeah, but what is it?
>>
>>27285249
Some sort of hieroglyphs by the look of it. We should ask Becca about them, as well as her strange garden decorations.

It's certainly a bit suspicious though. Maybe it's all part of some occult ritual.
>>
>>27287603
>Garden gnomes
>Rowan tree with red yarn and knitted sweater
>Stone circle
>Weird /x/ tier symbols drawn on her walls
>Horseshoes nailed on the door
Is that everything?
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.