[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Pony - Power Ponies CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 2
File: Super crew.png (455 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Super crew.png
455 KB, 800x800
>Oh look, another text-based CYOA, what's with this one?
Glad you asked.

Welcome to Super Pony, a CYOA taking place in Maretropolis, a city where the forces of good and evil are at a constant struggle.
You play as Easy Ride, also known as Road Rage, and this is your quest to get back at Boomerang for sending you to prison and subsequently ruining your life.

Catch up on this and other CYOAs here:
http://anonpone.com/capeshit

Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/DF5XiQqi
Last time:
>Went on a date with Voltage
>Learned a lot about each other, from cutie mark stories, to likes and dislikes, and in doing so, learned a lot about yourself.
>Got flustered at Voltage’s flirting.
>Paid for your food and left the bar.
Let’s continue, shall we?
>>
>>27233638
>Your date complete, you and Voltage trot back towards the garage, Voltage practically bouncing.
>Once inside, the two of you head towards Tinker’s work area.
>He’s welding some thick sheets of metal onto a frame, but flips his visor down when you approach.
>”How was your date?” Tinker asks formally, his voice lacking inflection.
>”It was good, thanks!” Voltage says, her voice still brimming with excitement, “say, can we get into some of your stuff? Easy and I had an idea to make some hoof tasers.”
>”Sure, fine,” he says, returning to his work.
>Not wanting to deal with drama, you and Voltage get to digging through Tinker’s chest of junk, and with Voltage directing you, you extract the stuff she needs.
>Digging out two metal donuts and a batch of wire, the two of you get to work.
>And by get to work, you really just watch.
>While you know vehicles and metalwork, you’re totally lost when it comes to electricity.
>But still, with Voltage taking charge, you eventually come out with a pair of hoof mounted tasers for Voltage.
“Are these what you had in mind?” You ask, hefting the wire-wrapped metal rings off the ground and inspecting them.
>”Sure are!” Voltage returns, taking the rings and sticking them to her hooves like horseshoes. “Now we just need to get out and use them.”
“Soon as Two-bit comes home, we’ll ask. Who knows, maybe he’ll have some more crazy villains to fight.”
>”I’d be up for it.”
>Glancing over to the clock, you find that it’s late in the afternoon.
>You think that Two-bit should be home soon.
>You do feel a bit dirty, you could take a shower to pass the time.
>Or if you have any other things you want to make, Tinker has plenty of metal left.
>>
>>27233646
Shower
Don't want to be a stinky villain. That's Sludge's job.
>>
>>27233646
We can take a shower. I can't think of anything to make at the moment.
>>
>>27233646
Be of cleaning squishy horse
>>
>>27233705
>>27233863
>>27233866

“I’m gonna take a shower, I’ll be back out in a little bit.”
>You don’t want to be a stinky villain, and it’s been more than a day since you showered.
>Getting home yesterday was tough, you certainly didn’t feel the best.
>After all, being stinky is Sludge’s job.
>”Alright, see you in a half hour, Easy.”
>You make your way over to the bathroom, removing your jacket and saddlebags.
>You close the door behind you, leaving you alone in the bathroom.
>Slipping into the shower, you let the hot water fall on your back, soaking your fur.
>Steam begins to fill the room, fogging the mirror as you sigh, contentedly leaning into the wash.
>You rear onto your hind legs, using your forelegs to lather your coat with soap.
>As you do so, you feel something sticky brush against the front of your hind hooves.
>You look down, and find a purple-tinted liquid leaking up from the drain and beginning to fill the small shower basin.
>>
>>27233899
I knew this would happen eventually. Turn off the water and get out so we can talk to him.
>>
>>27233899
oh come on in a middle of a shower
>>
>>27233899
Step back
"You have like ten second to provide a good explaination"
>>
>>27233899
"I can't believe this is happening again"

>>27233921
>>
>>27233899
This is the second shower you've ruined.
>>
>>27233899
When we told you to take a shower we didn't mean in ours.
>>
>>27233912
>>27233916
>>27233921
>>27233948
>>27233975
>>27233988
>You step out of the shower, feeling a bit miffed.
“You know, when I told you to take a shower, I didn’t mean in mine,” you say, shaking the slime off of your hind leg.”
>The purple goop continues to coalesce until a dripping purple pony stands in your shower, bits of goop melting off.
>He shuts off the shower, then turns to you.
>”You wouldn’t believe how many bathrooms I had to go through to find this.
“I really don’t give a shit. This is the second shower you’ve ruined, by the way.”
>You shudder as you remember desperately shoving your hooves up against the faucet, trying to stem the flow of purple crap spewing from it.
>He smirks, laughing to himself.
“Look you’ve got about ten seconds to explain yourself. Go.”
>Getting his laughter under control, he begins.
>”Look, you said if I needed help, to come to you, right?”
“I did.”
>”and I told you about how I became a villain, right?”
“Get on with it.”
>”Well, I need your help to deal with the guy who turned me into this.”
“You want me to help you live out your revenge fantasy for you?”
>”Ye- No, not just that! He’s still experimenting on ponies. That’s the thing you said you wanted to stop, right?”
>>
>>27234177
Ok, he has my ear.
Let's hear him out.
>>
>>27234177
...what kind of experiments?
>>
>>27234177
you had my curiosity now you have my attention, who is this pony and what has he done right now
>>
>>27234177
Are these ponies consenting and aware of the possible outcome?
>>
>>27234177
I suppose it is, yeah. Although if they're agreeing to it like you did, then maybe it's not my business.
>>
>>27234177
If they know what they're getting into its more of a job than something we'd do for charity.

Which means he needs to be able to pay for our help.
>>
>>27234214
>>27234228
>>27234229
>>27234244
>>27234268
>>27234318
“Okay, now you have my attention. Who is this pony? What kind of experiments?”
>”He never told me his name. But he was a grey stallion wearing a white labcoat, he wore glasses all the time. And his experiments were to make ponies into supers. From what he told me he was doing, he spliced pony DNA with other things, mostly monsters. As far as I know, I came off better than some. A few of those ponies didn’t turn out sane. It’s a warehouse on the west side of town, I could take you there.”
>You sit there a moment, contemplating Sludge’s offer.
“Are these ponies willing and aware of what might happen?”
>Sludge hesitates for a moment.
>”Well yes, but-“
“Then it’s not my business.”
>”Just hear me out, okay? If I knew I was going to turn out like this, I would never have agreed.”
“So you didn’t know what you were getting into?”
>”There… Was a warning, but I didn’t know it was going to be like this.”
“Look, if they knew what they were getting into, then it’s a job, not something I’d do for charity. That means you’d have to pay.”
>”But I don’t have any-“
>Sludge stops midsentence, a lightbulb going off in his head.
>”How much do you want?”
>>
>>27234492
>>
>>27234492
Depends on what he can get.
As long as nobody get fatally harmed when he gets it.
>>
>>27234492
How suspicious. Is he planning to run off and steal shit to give us?
>>
>>27234492
One gorillion

More seriously, one thousand plus three hundreeds per mutant, pseudo super or mech thrown at us
And I get to keep ALL the intersting things we might find there, even if it's a cure for your condition
>>
>>27234492
Can he nab us some Orbs?
>>
>>27234547
>cure for your condition
Well if we find that I would give it to him for free...but perhaps I'd wait until he dos some jobs for us.
>>
>>27234613
That's not how "for free" works
>>
>>27234627
Ok maybe not so much for free but we don't know what we'll find so we can cross the road when we get there.
>>
>>27234539
>>27234541
>>27234546
>>27234547
>>27234559
“That depends on what you can get.”
>”I can get you whatever you need.”
>If that doesn’t sound suspicious, you don’t know what is.
“Are you planning on running off and stealing shit to pay me with?”
>”You got it.”
>You sigh, placing your hoof on your forehead.
“Just as long as nopony gets fatally harmed when you get it.”
>”Done.”
“By the way, can you grab me some orbs?”
>”Orbs?”
>You pull one out from your bag, displaying it to him.
“Some supers use these to power up their gadgets. They have lots of magic in them.”
>”I don’t know where to get them. Can’t you just take bits?”
“Fine, I want 1,000 bits plus three hundred per mutant, pseudo super, or mech thrown at me.”
>”Okay,” he says, agreeing without hesitation.
“And I get to keep all the interesting things I might find there, even if it might be a cure for you. Got it?”
>After a bit of hesitation, Sludge finally nods an affirmative.
“Then it’s settled.”
>”One more thing. Any chance of you giving back that little bottle of me that you have in your freezer?”
>>
>>27234701
How long have we had it?
>>
>>27234701
I'll think about it after I've seen how you act on this job.
>>
>>27234701
Not yet hotshot.
>>
>>27234731
This.
>>
>>27234728
>>27234731
>>27234747
>>27234811
>You put your hoof to your head as you think.
>You’ve only had that bottle in your freezer for a few days, a week tops.
“Not yet hotshot.”
>”Damn,” he says, swearing under his breath.
“We’ll see how you act on this job, then I’ll consider it.”
>He simply nods, not saying anything.
“Then we’re settled.”
>He extends a slimy hoof, which you reluctantly shake, getting your leg fur stained once again with slime.
“Now if you’ll give me a second’s privacy, I’m going to finish my shower.”
>”I’m not going out there without you, are you crazy?”
“Then turn around, creep.”
---
>Your shower finished, you walk to the main room of the garage, Sludge right behind you.
>Upon seeing you, Voltage and Ice immediately run over, followed by Tinker.
>”What is he doing here?” Ice asks, while Voltage looks on in confusion.
>”Who’s this guy?” Tinker asks.
>>
>>27235011
Well I told him to come to us if he needed help, and he has a nice proposition of taking down the guy who made him like this. He apparently has been going at this mutation thing for a while.
>>
>>27235011
>Who’s this guy
A shower slimy goblin who's given us a job.
>>
>>27235037
>>27235079
“He’s a slimy shower goblin who’s given us a job.”
>”Uh, what?”
“I told him to come to us if he needed help, and he has a nice proposition of taking down the guy who made him like this.”
>”And he just-“Voltage begins.
“Came up through the shower drain, yep.”
>”While you were-“
“Yep.”
>”That’s disgusting.”
>”I take offense to that,” Sludge adds.
“Just explain yourself.”
>”Right. There’s this mad scientist pony who’s creating mutant ponies, we need to stop him. Maybe find a cure if there is one,” Sludge begins. “He’s trying to crack the secret to superpowers, and getting ponies to accept things they’ll regret.”
“So he’s hired us to stop him.”
>”I’m out,” Ice says brusquely, returning to the sofa.
>Tinker doesn’t look too enthused either, but doesn’t say anything.
>Storm is still on the sofa, and wasn’t even paying attention.
>”I’ll come with, if you want me to!” Voltage says, enthusiastic.
>>
>>27235224
Good, now you can test your gauntlets too.
>>
>>27235224
I know how it sounds guys that's why this is for pay. Also, it's a pay up frount because we still don't know if we can trust him.

The per crazy mutant encounter fee can wait until after the job.
>>
>>27235243
>>27235385
“Good, now you can test your gauntlets out.”
>”Yeah, it’s a nice bonus.”
>Upon realizing that he's not invited along, Tink returns to his work station, where he works in silence, his head turned down.
>Content with just the two of you and Sludge, you think you’re ready to go.
“Anything else you want to tell us?”
>”Sorry, I only know where it is. I’ve never felt okay with going in by myself.”
>You address Ice.
“I know it sounds crazy, but that’s why we’re getting doing it for pay.”
>”I’m still not interested.”
>Giving up on Ice, you turn back to Sludge.
“and also why I’m asking for pay up front. I don’t know if I can trust you.”
>His eyes widen.
>”I mean, I don’t have the money on me right now.”
“The per-encounter fee can wait until after.”
>”Do you think you could reconsider? I mean, there’s no time like the present, right?”
>>
>>27235519
Not unless you can give a good reason to do it now. Besides the idea is to trash his lab find any evidence of illegal activities/or frame him and ruin his career so he can't harm anyone ever again. At best he'll get locked in the asylum at worst he'll be penniless and on the streets where we could care less what happens to him after.

So why can't that wait until you pay us? It'll give us time to do prep work for the job anyway.
>>
>>27235613
“Not unless you can give a good reason to do it now. It can wait, that way we have time to do prep work for the job anyway. The idea is to trash his lab and find evidence of illegal activities to ruin his career.”
>Sludge raises an eyebrow.
>”I’m pretty sure he isn’t getting paid to do this.”
“Either way, he shouldn’t be able to harm anypony again. At best he’ll be locked in the asylum, at worst he’ll be penniless and on the streets. I couldn’t care less what happens to him after.”
>Now it’s Voltage’s turn to raise an eyebrow.
>”Easy, that doesn’t sound like you. Don’t you hate the idea of the asylum? Or does this guy sound like he’s beyond help to you already?”
>>
>>27235804
Continually experimenting on ponies like that despite the failures is sickening.
>>
>>27235804
If he's allowed back out on the streets with the chance to continue experimenting, he's better off getting dumped at the asylum where he can't hurt innocents again.
>>
>>27235804
not rely and i haven't even meet him, its just what police might end up doing with the information about his experiments and whats happen to his failure and/or successes
>>
>>27235804
We do hate the asylum, but somebody that continually experiments on other ponies, with not completely informed consent, doesn't show much room for improvement. If we get there and find out that he isn't a lost cause, we can reconsider then.
>>
>>27235804
I hate the asylum because it doesn't fix anything.
When you put a crazy with super powers inside they break out but if you just put a normal nerd to likes to experiment on ponies in he'll probably be there for life.

And because I don't think he can be scared straight the only other option is to put him down, but because he's not that powerful I think it's fine.
Do you guys think he could break out or something?
>>
>>27235916
>but because he's not that powerful I think it's fine
Fiction tells me that he'll turn to injecting himself with super juice.
>>
>>27235834
>>27235866
>>27235901
>>27235910
>>27235916
>>27235961
“I hate the asylum because it doesn’t fix anything. When you put a crazy with powers in, they’ll just break out. I don’t think this guy can be scared straight, so the only other option besides the asylum is putting him down.”
>You turn to Sludge.
“You don’t think he can break out, do you?”
>”No. At least I don’t think so. I don’t think he would experiment on himself.”
>From what you know of this town, you’re pretty sure that the guy will inject himself as a last resort.
>Mad scientists tend to do that.
“Continually experimenting on ponies like that despite the failures is sickening.”
>Voltage nods. “I agree with you there. Even if they’re willing, I don’t like it at all.”
“He’s better dumped off in the asylum than allowed to continue experimenting on ponies. That said, we’ll see when we end up meeting him if he doesn’t look like a lost cause.”
>”So you’ll do it for free?” Sludge asks.
“Hell no, come back when you have money.”
>Grumbling to himself, Sludge returns to the bathroom.
>You hear the toilet flushing.
“I guess he really was a piece of shit,” you joke to yourself.
>”So, prep work?” Voltage asks.
>>
>>27235986
Let's go ask Tink if he'd be interested in taking this guy.
>>
I'm going to pause here until tomorrow.

Thank you all so much for playing, and I'll see you at the normal time.
As always, if you have any questions, be sure to ask.
>>
>>27235986
Uhh... shit.
We forgot to find out where that place is at so we can scope it out.
>>
>>27236078
What would have happened if we rolled lower when eating the orb
>>
>>27236045
I eagerly await the nerdfight.
>>
>>27236175
It would most likely given you weaker powers.
It also could have hurt you, but still give you powers, or done nothing.
>>
That was spme of the most hypocritical decisions I've seen in anlong time...
Welp, better hope we don't get stuck with a meedle, cause at this point I think it's earned...
>>
>>27236317
>Easy
>not a hypocrite
Where have you been anon?
>>
>>27236356
I've been here but really, we went after Phetlock for less for free, and now we have something actually worthy of a massive fight and we do nothing?
I honestly feel any victim we let this mad scientist get a hold of at this point should count against us on the scales. A contract should mean shit to us as a villian if the fineprint is bullshit eant to mislead, seeing as the warning probably wasn't very clear on potential insanity or the amount of damage done by him.
I mean theres a difference from what we've done against other villians, and tha act of just saying nope because Sludge is involved here.
>>
File: sleepypone.png (63 KB, 408x460) Image search: [Google]
sleepypone.png
63 KB, 408x460
>>27236317
>we don't get stuck with a meedle
Anon I think you need to go to bed.
>>
>>27236356
Theres a difference between not doing anything when theres no harm to others, as we have been doing, and just saying nope when people are being turned into braindead monsters or having their lives utterly destroyed even further and worse then ours was.
And the contract excuse is just being a dick for the sake of it.
I feel as though all the victims we let benmutated should count against our scales, since It's a direct afront to us trying to balance them in the first place.
>>
>>27236518
Nope, just typing on a phone.
>>
>>27236547
Then turn on your autocorrect. I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say with "meedle."
>>
>>27236536
Apologies, Captcha bugged out and the first post didn't show up.
>>
>>27236498
>>27236536
We didn't say nope we just told him to get our money first because we don't trust him.
And frankly I don't pity his "victims" because they knew what could happen it's their own fault.

This is a job and if people's lives get better then that's just a plus. We can't force people to stop doing stupid shit and donating themselves to science.
>>
>>27236498
>>27236536
If the risks are being properly explained then I think you're dumping far too much blame on the doctor.
Sludge has hardly proven himself a good source of information or morals.
Him killing people and fucking with the water supply has basically been a tantrum because he didn't like getting what he asked for.
I wouldn't put it past him to be blaming the guy for his own faults.
>>
>>27236568
It is on, i'ts called I didn't see it.
And you can't get Needle out of that?
>>
>>27236585
>>27236590
So we put more people in the asylum, for life more then likely, or leave them crippled beyond repair for as long as they live.
So, yeah, thats noping out of it for a pretty stupid reason.
And a contract isn't straight forward, even more so with someone doing illegal expiraments.
>>
>>27236647
You seem to be harboring some delusion that we are responsible for everyone in this city.
We're not.
>>
>>27236654
No, I'm not.
I'm noting the scenerios already completed and pointing out the fallscy in this one.
>>
>>27236697
*Fallacy.
>>
>>27236697
>So we put more people in the asylum, for life more then likely, or leave them crippled beyond repair for as long as they live.
>we
We didn't do any of that, so why are you implying we did?
>>
>>27236722
I'm talking about the ones going on while we wait to be paid. Not the ones before Sludge told us, the ones after.
You know, the ones we could have actually saved, if we weren't wanting money upfront when he could've paid us at any given point in time.
>>
>>27236753
Meh, I don't believe he's being entirely truthful, and it wouldn't be getting stopped at all without us.
>>
>>27236753
I don't care, it's their own faults for doing stupid shit. People do shit like this all the time the choice is on them.

I just don't file this under the same kind of trouble as a monster attack or an actual super villain forcing harm on others.

Plus I just don't trust Sludge to actually pay us after the job is done and he didn't didn't give a reason I care about to do it now. That's why I want the first half of the bill upfront.

Simple as that.
>>
>>27237020
I'm not even going to dignify that with a rebuttal.
Actually, I will: our big thing with super villains is that we don't put them in them in the asylum because we don't trust it, like it or believe it does it's job, so instead we were supposed to be trying to recruit the ones who could help us or put the ones that are too far gone to save in prison. We're supposed be trying to balance scales because of people we killed, instead we're gonna put people who actually might have wanted to do good in the asylumin worse shape than we were in even worse mental shape and sludge is potential, and potentially worse physical shape than any kind of a creature we've come in contact with.
And it's their fault. Like our murderers. Like the race that landed us in prison.
Yes. Such faultless logic.
Is Sludge isn't lying I fully expect these people to put against us because this goes above and beyond being a villain,and goes into the Killing Joke territory.
>>
>>27237020 #
I'm not even going to dignify that with a rebuttal.
Actually, I will: our big thing with super villains is that we don't put them in them in the asylum because we don't trust it, like it or believe it does it's job, so instead we were supposed to be trying to recruit the ones who could help us or put the ones that are too far gone to save in prison. We're supposed be trying to balance scales because of people we killed, instead we're gonna put people who actually might have wanted to do good in the asylum worse shape than we were in, even worse mental shape then Sludge was in and potentially worse physical shape than any kind of a creature we've come in contact with.
And it's their fault. Like our murders. Like the street race that landed us in prison.
Yes. Such faultless logic.
If Sludge isn't lying I fully expect these people to be put against us because this goes above and beyond being a villain, and into the Killing Joke territory.
That is the last time I ask a friend to type for me while I'm working.
>>
>>27237148
>we're gonna put people who actually might have wanted to do good in the asylum worse shape than we were in
>we're
You keep making that mistake.
We are not responsible for them.
It's is not a requirement or obligation that we go out of our way to stop this.
These people are agreeing to this.
They are only victims of their own stupidity.
>>
>>27237107
>our big thing with super villains is that we don't put them in them in the asylum because we don't trust it, like it or believe it does it's job.
Your right. But this guy isn't a super villain he's a crazy doctor who can be easily handled by an asylum and actually belongs there. Super Villains do not belong there. Also, you can't compare regular bad guys like volt to the crazy who should get locked away because

>And it's their fault. Like our murders. Like the street race that landed us in prison.
Yes it is their fault. Just like all those other things were our faults. But I wouldn't equate to our accident with murder because murder implies intent to kill. So if they put themselves in harms way that's their own problem I'm not in the business of saving people from their own bad choices and I refuse to take responsibility for anyone fucking themselves over. If these guys had proper information of what could and ended up mad about the outcome that happened that's on them.

>If Sludge isn't lying.
>Killing Joke territory
It's not about him lying about what's going on it's about him lying about payment. Also, I don't think you've read the killing joke if your going to compare that situation to this.

>Such faultless logic.
See here's your biggest problem. One you're assuming I care if my logic is flawless, I gave up on trying to be perfect. I just do what I feel's rights to me.
And two, you assuming I give a fuck and I don't.
>>
>>27237330
And if the doctor isn't telling them jack that would equate to whats actually happening to them, it's still their actions. Thats what I'm gwtting at on them, everyone assumes the damn warning told them flat out what could happen, which in what way make sense for what he's doing?
And add to that, he's more then likely got the means to be a 'regular' bad guy, and then we have teo of those points removed.
I have read it, I'm reffering to the crap we're going to see if Sludge isn't lying.
As for everything else: you do care, otherwise you wouldn't keep responding. And add to that; we got help, so why shouldn't these people? Two Bit went out of his way, and risked a lot for us, repeatedly, and here we are sitting on our ass expecting people to do even better then we are with nothing, so yes, shit like that makes me want to smack the one doing it with the force of a freight train.
>>
>>27237330
Also, we multiple ways of hurting Sludge, so why couldn't we keep, you know, being an utter cunt to him and just force him to pay or face more problems? Isn't like we haven't done worse to him yet.
>>
Tldr. What's all of the arguing about?
>>
>>27237483
muh morals
>>
>>27237502
More so the lack there of, but yes, more or less.
>>
>>27237483
Some anon is just being a huge faggot because not everyone agrees with him.
>>
>>27237502
We already accepted the job. All of this is pointless until we actually meet the guy and decide what to do with him. For all we know, he's doing all of this for his own amusement.
>>
>>27237483
Yet more seesawing because no one ever really agreed on how good exactly Easy is trying to be, and without that to define the character people just substitute their own moral stance in and argue.
>>
>>27237549
I could care less that they don't agree.
It's the way their trying to justify their choices that's irritating me.
It's like talking to a group of corrupt cops and inept Emergency Response teams.
>>
>>27237550
Or we could leave the others to collect and go get started on clearing house.
>>
For all we know, this guy could be anything from a nutty scientist to the villain from Deadpool. Let's just put the argument on the back burner, until we can actually act on something, and get back to the quest.
>>
>>27237636
I'm with this guy.
>>
>>27237645
Same, I have to work early tomorrow, and I'm tired of arguing on the internet.
>>
>>27237645
>>
>>27237550
>>27237636
This and this.
>>
>>27237636
This

I also expect a fight with a fourth-wall breaking Dedpoon
We better bring chimichangas as a peace offering
>>
beb
>>
>>27239933
>>
>>27240881
>>
>>27239933
>>
>>27239933
>>
soon
>>
>>27236045
>>27236099
>>27236206
“Ah shit, I didn’t ask him where the place was.”
>”It’s probably not that big a deal.”
“I did want to scope it out beforehand, though.”
>”Well, we do have a bottle full of the guy, if you really want to ask him.”
“Right, but I don’t know if opening that is the best idea now. I’ll be right back, I need to talk to Tink.”
>Leaving Voltage, you trot over to Tinker, and tap him on the shoulder.
>He drops his work tools and raises his helmet.
>”Easy?”
“Would you be interested in taking this nerd guy on?”
>”Listen, I know you don’t really want me along, and I’ll just fuck things up if I do go. Really, it’s fine.”
>Tinker’s face is unreadable.
“If you really want to go-“
>Tinker brings up a hoof, cutting you off.
>”No, I understand. I told myself and you I wasn’t gonna make a big deal out of these things anymore.”
>He shakes his head.
>”I really do appreciate you asking though. Thanks Easy.”
>>
>>27244753
Honestly you could probably do with the experience.
how often have you worked as part of a team?
>>
>>27244753
Well you're making a big deal out of it to me. Tink I don't want to see you all mopey, and seeing how you reacted after I didn't mention made me feel bad.
>>
>>27244753
If he wants to come he should just say he wants to come and volunteer instead of just waiting to get picked.
>>
>>27244867
He doubts himself too much I think.
I want to see actually see him put some effort in on a job so we know where he's failing.
>>
>>27244753
Asking who wanted to come with us was an open offer. Besides, having some brains in a mad scientist's lair could be helpful.
>>
>>27244773
>>27244805
>>27244867
>>27244894
>>27244916
“You’re making a big deal out of it to me.”
>He looks away.
>”Sorry.”
“Well listen, if you want to come, you should just volunteer instead of waiting to be picked.”
>”It’s okay, I didn’t really want to come along anyway.”
“Listen Tink, I don’t want to see you all mopey, and how you reacted after I didn’t mention you made me feel bad.”
>”I really-“
>You cut him off.
“How often have you worked as part of a team?”
>”Not much.”
“You could probably do with the experience. It was an open offer anyway. Having some brains in a mad scientist’s lair could be useful.”
>He gives a long, contemplative breath.
>”Fine, I’ll do it. I’ll just leave most of the fighting to you guys, okay?”
>>
>>27244974
Atta boy. I wanna see some more of your stuff in action.
>>
>>27244974
Sure, support roles are important too.
If you get the chance to bean someone over the head though, y'know, do it.
>>
>>27244974
Hey, the fighting role is what I'm here for, Tink.
>>
>>27244998
>>27245005
>>27245045
“Attaboy,” you say, patting him on the head, “support roles are important too, fighting’s what I’m there for anyway.”
>”Right, good,” he says, scuffing at the ground.
“But if you get the chance to bean someone over the head, you know, do it.”
>He nods, unsure of himself.
“I can’t wait to see more of your stuff in action,” you say, giving him a genuine grin.
>This seems to perk him up a little bit, and gives you a little smile.
>”Thanks Easy.”
“Anytime.”
>You return to the couch, joining Voltage as the afternoon news comes on.
>Most of the news is nonsense going on around town.
>The top story was just sensationalist garbage about Maretropolis being the lowest-ranked Equestrian city in terms of friendliness.
>Must have been a slow day.
>Your ears perk up as your name comes from the television.
>”-that Easy Ride did cause thousands of bits in damage to the museum, but no museum property was unaccounted for.”
>”Following the events, Phetlock was returned to his cell in the asylum, awaiting yet another trial. What’s this, his thirtieth? I’ve lost count. Our next story-“
>The door to the garage opens, bringing your attention away from the news.
>Two-bit walks inside, a sheet of paper in his magical grasp.
“Hey Two-bit, what’s up?” You say, waving.
>”Not much, I got something I think you might like.”
“Really?” You say, perking an eyebrow.
>”You bet,” he says, floating the paper over to you.
>You snatch it out of the air and look it over.
>The paper has a picture of a stone lighter. It looks like the cap flips off.
“Looks like a normal lighter, what gives?”
>”I decided to go looking for a thing you might like. That there’s an ancient earth pony fire starter so they wouldn’t have to rub twigs together. It’s enchanted to start fires, but the thing you might like about it is that it’s supposed to put them out too. Sound like something you’d be interested in?”
>>
>>27245354
Well as it stands I do have to put in quite a bit of effort to put out fires. I think it sounds like a nice trinket to have.
>>
>>27245354
I can do that myself, but it's not easy.
With this I wouldn't have to hold back as much.
So yeah, I'm interested.
>>
>>27245354
Two-bit how'd you know it was my birthday!
Yes, I want it!
>>
>>27245354
Thank him and ask him to look into the mad scientist.
>>
>fire putting out powers not so good before
>couldn't be the best fire fighter ever
The dreams are coming true.
>>
>>27245382
>>27245399
>>27245423
>>27245442
“Why Two-bit, I didn’t know it was my birthday!”
>He smiles at your enthusiasm.
>”I’m glad you’re happy with the idea.”
“While I can do that myself, it’s pretty tough, it’d be a neat trinket to have.”
>”Course, getting it is up to you.”
“And how am I gonna do that?”
>”This thing is in the personal collection of a rich griffon who lives right near here, just north of town, you can’t miss it.”
“Super?”
>”It’s real hard to hide your identity when you’re not a pony, so he doesn’t bother. His real name is Glenn, but he’s also known as The Hunter.”
“Go on.”
>”Fascination with traps, ropes, nets, and so on. You name it, he’s probably got it. He’s got a real good eye and great reflexes, but no powers.”
“Bondage fetishist with no powers, got it.”
>”Seems like you’ve got it down.”
“Hey Two-bit, could you look into something for me?”
>”You bet. That’s about all I wanted to give you, so you can go for it or not, I don’t care.”
“Mad scientist who has a warehouse on the west side of town, apparently he splices pony DNA with other things to make supers, could you look it up? Volt, Tink, and I are probably gonna end up facing him.”
>”I'll see what I can dig up tomorrow. Anything else you need from me?”
>>
>>27245589
We still need some exercise equipment and some stuff for target practice.
>>
>>27245589
Try to recall anything about the griffon from the time at the museum.

>>27245639
Is 800 even enough for a treadmill?
>>
>>27245589
Any idea on how we can break into Glenn's place?
I think I want to try the silent option this time. It's probably not a good idea to go in head first into a master trapper's house.

Assuming that's where he keeps his collection.
>>
>>27245658
Have we looked into it at all yet?
>>
>>27245354
Wait do they knew we stopped the bandit or are we just accused of damaging the museum and the power ponies saved him?
>>
>>27245713
i think they are pointing out the damage that we done to stop phetlock at the museum
>>
>>27245713
If you actually read the story you would know.
They know we stopped him. You twit.
>>
>>27245713
You know I wouldn't be surprised if a certain rich pony we know paid off the media to make us look bad.
>>
>>27245658
>You recall your time at the museum.
>From what you recall, The Hunter seems pretty much as Two-bit described him.
>>27245679
“Any idea how I could break into his house? Going in headfirst is probably not the best idea.”
>”No idea. I know he enjoys when ponies try to break into his house, so he doesn’t exactly keep his stash hidden. Fire might get you out of some, but don’t count on that, I’m sure he’s prepared.”
“Not much to go on there.”
>”Sorry. If I knew, I’d tell you.”
>>27245713
>>27245726
>>27245728
>>27245731
>Your mind turns back to the previous newscast.
>The power ponies didn’t take credit for stopping the Pharaoh.
>Though your credit was certainly watered down by Boomerang being a shitter.
>They accused you of stealing from the museum, but that was cleared.
>After all, what super doesn’t cause property damage?
>>27245639
“I still need that exercise equipment.”
>”You don’t need me to get that for you, it’s hardly black market. Just hop down to a sporting store and get it.”
“What about target practice stuff?”
>”Sporting goods store again. I figure you can manage it now, especially with Phetlock under your belt. Much less of a target on your back. Just be careful, like always."
>>
>>27245779
Fuck it, let's go get a treadmill. I don't want to be a lazy pony when we're not making hits.
>>
>>27245779
Lets go after the lighter first and hit the store later, when most ponies are at home.
>>
>>27245779
to the store, we need to be fit if we are to grab the lighter
>>
See what Two Bits thpughts on the scientist and sludge are, seeing as he didn't/couldn't give his two cents earlier.
>>
>>27245728
The power ponies knows, but the media? I don't remember THAT part.
>>
>>27245779
Dos two bit think he can at least get us a blueprint of the Hunter's building so we can make a plan of attack.
>>
>>27245825
>>27245779
Well at least that's settled. Lets go to the store.
>>
>>27245825
“While I was out, were there any headlines about what happened to Phetlock?”
>”Not much, the sky is fixed, but there’s a bunch of facts that they’re still looking into.”
“Like?”
“A big amount of it is confusion. The city just got its sights on you again, but then they hear of Road Rage stopping Pharaoh Phetlock and everyone gets confused.”
>>
>>27245812
So next month?
>>
>>27245803
>>27245812
>>27245836
Do we know that we wont get a chance to go to the store later, when it isn't as busy?
>>
>>27245803
>>27245807
>>27245812
>>27245813
>>27245832
>>27245836
“Can you at least get me a blueprint for his house?”
>He shakes his head.
>”I could try of course, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Blueprints for those kind of houses have a nasty habit of vanishing from record. I’ll get it to you if I find it.”
“Right. Hey, I wanted to get your two bits on something.”
>”Shoot.”
“What are your thoughts on a scientist who experiments on ponies, turning them into supers? The ponies are willing, but I assume they don’t get the whole story. Like Sludge, for example. Is it his fault, or is it the scientist’s fault?”
>”Well, that’s quite a big question, and I don’t rightly know the answer. Obviously experimenting on ponies if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing is a problem, but I don’t really like Sludge that much either. So I’ll call both of them jerks and be done with it.”
“Thanks Two-bit.”
>”Anytime.”
>With that settled, you decide to head to the sporting goods store.
(cont)
>>
>>27246097
>You hop onto your bike, strap your helmet on, and get riding.
>The sun nears the tops of the buildings, heading downwards as the time approaches late afternoon.
>You reach the store without incident.
>It’s a rather massive store, with anything from kayaks to fishing poles on two different levels.
>Everything looks rather rustic and country, from carved wood railings, to cabins on the second level, and a miniature airship hanging from the ceiling.
>You do a couple looks around the store, browsing through some stuff you might need.
>You draw some stares, which makes you uncomfortable.
>Nopony stops you though, and they look away when you return the stare.
>It seems that the store has a pretty good price range of treadmills, ranging in price from 600 to 4,000 bits.
>Each of them has a large box, which will certainly be annoying if you want to take it home today.
>The store has a pretty good array of targets too, but you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for.
>There are metal targets ranging from small targets at 20 bits to larger ones at 120 bits.
>A stand for the target costs about 50 bits.
>You never understood what those targets were for.
>Shooting a bolt or arrow at those would certainly break the projectile.
>There are also archery bag targets for between 30 to 80 bits.
>Finally, there are inflatable and paper targets for 20 bits and 10 bits for a pack of 20, respectively.
>>
>>27246107
Lets look at the different treadmills first.
>>
>>27246107
>lower range of treadmills wouldn't leave us with much
Yeesh. I would say go for some metal targets. They won't get destroyed as easily and it'll leave us with time to think how we'd get a treadmill back to base.
>>
>>27246107
Do they have anything like exercise mats? It'd be easier to spar if we aren't doing it on concrete.
>>
>>27246107
While were at the sporting goods store maybe we should see if can look at some camping products too for our next date with Volt later.
>>
>>27246157
We buy it and have somebody pick it up later. Also it might be better to just buy the target stand and make our own out of Tinker's scraps.
>>
>>27246187
We have very limited funds right now. We can do little more than browse. Which is why I wanted to do this later, when we had some more money from whatever we could take from Hunter's.
>>
>>27246234
>little more than browse
Yeah, that's all I wanted to do. So we knew where we could get some later.
>>
>>27246144
>>27246157
>>27246184
>>27246187
>>27246210
>>27246234
>>27246264
>You look through the treadmills.
>There aren’t really any of them you would consider cheap pieces of junk.
>Even the cheapest one, their ‘space saver’ treadmill, looks pretty technologic, with heart rate monitors, workout plans, and other shiny bells and whistles.
>The most expensive one is pretty impressive. It has a built in television, radio, and is absolutely massive.
>You can't think of any real use for something like that.
>You’d certainly get what you paid for with that.
>A little put off by the price, you look at the elliptical machines.
>There are a couple completely manual ones for just 200 bits. The mechanical ones ranging from 600 to a thousand.
>Exercise bikes are around 400.
>You look around, trying to find exercise mats.
>You find 5 foot long yoga mats for just 20 bits.
>You also find rainbow colored mats that fit together like puzzle pieces.
>Each mat covers 4 square feet of space and costs 4 bits.
>You find the camping section, and come across the tents.
>A 2-pony backpacking tent would certainly be cozy, and would cost you 30 bits.
>A 4-pony tent costs 50 bits.
>The store sells bedrolls for 60 bits and sleeping bags for 25 bits.
>>
>>27246348
I do they have that same yoga mat but in raindow colors?
>>
>>27246348
let's get a mat and a target stand.
>>
>>27246348
I'd go for 4 interlocking mats. It's total area is larger that the yoga mat and we can use the mats in different ways. It's also cheaper.
>>
>>27246434
we might aswell get a metal target if we are garbing a stand
>>
>>27246480
I'm cool with this.
>>
>>27246348
I'd say treadmills are better than ellipticals since they're more versatile.
>>
>>27246484
Go for the small one. It'll be good for practicing accuracy and it's cheaper.
>>
>>27246414
>>27246434
>>27246480
>>27246484
>>27246523
>>27246546
>You decide to purchase a mat and a target with a stand.
>Completing another loop around the store, you grab a target stand and metal target before returning to the yoga mats.
>You look over them once again.
>Each is 5 feet long and 2 feet wide, plenty of space to hold you.
>And yes, they do come in a rainbow of colors.
>Nothing too exciting though.
>Each mat is a single color, save for a few that are black on the reverse.
>However, you decide to grab 4 interlocking mats. They’re cheaper, afterall.
>Items in hoof, you go to the register and pay.
>The total comes out to 86 bits, which you pay in exchange for your purchases.
>It’s not exactly easy, but you just manage to fit your purchases inside the flaps of your saddlebag.
>From your multiple trips around the store, you've spent a couple hours inside.
>It’s near nighttime, the last rays of the sun flooding the city with an orange light.
>Your stomach rumbles.
>>
>>27246654
I don't know are there any diners around?
>>
>>27246654
Go home grab a quick bite and then out on another stealth job.
>>
>>27246670
>>27246673
>You hop onto your motorcycle and make your way towards home.
>It’s not late yet, but it seems that you’ve missed rush hour, which is great.
>You never like getting caught up in that.
>Keeping your head on a swivel for any ponies following you, you pull into the garage and deposit your stuff.
>Killing a bit more time, you unpack all of your stuff, setting up the small target and depositing the mats in a place you’ve now dubbed the exercise area.
>The target is little more than a ring of metal with a place for the hook to go.
>You could definitely make more of those, especially with all of Tinker’s crap.
>You make dinner for yourself, killing a bit more time.
>It’s always best to do these sort of things at night, so you take your time making the meal and eating.
>You make steamed vegetables, boiling the water using your powers instead of the stove.
>It feels a bit like you were back out in the desert, cooking those cans day in and day out.
>Everypony else had already eaten, so you eat on your own.
>Your meal complete, you once again take to your motorcycle and head off towards the north of town towards the mansion and your stealth job.
>>
I'm going to pause here.

Sorry about the slowness of the story these past couple weeks, I'm going to try and be better about moving it forward in the future.
As always, if you have any questions, be sure to ask.
>>
Damn didn't notice captcha failed my message, but wouldn't it have been worth to pick a sleeping bag? In case of emergency, like should we bail to bail out of town again...
>>
>>27247121
The store's not going anywhere, we can go back.
>>
>>27248614
>>
>>27250228
>>
>>27251008
>>
>>27251033
>>
There's no reason to bump this thread guys. I'm not going to run until saturday.

Thank you for your dedication.
>>
>>27251445
>>27246900
"pause"
Use that word carefully
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.