[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the season 6 writers so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: what the feldspar.png (39 KB, 120x190) Image search: [Google]
what the feldspar.png
39 KB, 120x190
The episodes so far have been pretty bad, and have only been saved because of the animation and the voice actors. The writing is absolute shit tier.

Is it supposed to be a joke that Twilight is a terrible teacher, or something? I really don't get this. She's doing an absolute shit job so far. Someone could have actually died today due to her direct actions. She drove someone to suicide.

This whole friendship teaching thing is taken so absurdly serious. It's almost like a quest or something. But why? It's obvious that Twilight and her friends were "The Chosen Ones" ever since the very first episodes, what with them becoming the Elements of Harmony and defeating Nightmare Moon. But what's the deal with Starlight? It's like a fucking villain reformation episode that never ends, and where the good guys are the bad guys. Twilight was a cunt today, Rainbow Dash was a cunt today, Rarity was a cunt today, Applejack was a cunt today, Princess Celestia was a cunt today, Fluttershy was scared of an animal and I don't even remember the scene with Pinkie Pie, if there even was one. Who the fuck greenlights this shit?
>>
>>27232792
It's always been shit.
>>
>>27232792
Couldn't have put it better OP. This friendship lesson thing is really forced. They literally made it clear in this episode that Twilight became who she is because Celestia let her have the freedom to learn her own lessons, make her own friends etc. My problem is, that was the exact same lesson that Twilight learned in the first episode of the season. The same character has literally learned the same lesson twice within 6 episodes. A lesson that shouldn't have even needed to be learned that should have been assumed as "this is how being a student of friendship works, you go and make friends and report to me."
>>
>>27232792

>complain about writers
>posting that AiE comic knowing for his shit tier writing in the OP pic

Make the thread again without that pic
>>
Why does not Hasbro hire fans to write for the show then?
>>
>>27232890
>his argument is made invalid by the reaction image he uses
>>
>>27232945
Well yea, welcome to the internet. Now an hero.
>>
>>27232792
>Rainbow Dash was a cunt today, Rarity was a cunt today,
u wot
>>
>>27232890
>bad grammar due to a language barrier means writing is bad
End your life homo
>>
File: lel.gif (947 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
947 KB, 285x235
>>27232890

I've a higher tolerance for unofficial fan stuff. That comic is just an excuse to post pony asses and anon-on-pony lewd, and it does that well. The guy who's drawing it doesn't pretend it's the Citizen Kane of comics or anything.

The show's current writers genuinely believe they're good at writing, however. After the season's opener, the writer for that episode openly bragged on twitter about how great he believed his writing was. There's also the fact that we're used to much, much better writing, thanks to for instance Larson and A.K.R. It feels to me like the show is going into budget mode, and Hasbro has replaced 'expensive' writers with shitty and/or inexperienced ones.

>>27232910

picture related
>>
>>27233015
you know that's not the first thread to ask that question.
>>
>>27232792
>Is it supposed to be a joke that Twilight is a terrible teacher, or something?
Yes, actually. Twily has never been in the position of teacher for a prolonged period of time. This is as much a learning experience for her as it is for Starlight. I will say that everyone was especially cunty, but I give them slack because they've all been cunts one time or another. Celestia acting like how she acted seemed wrong, though. She always acted playful and lighthearted at a lot of the other formal functions. Why was she so annoyed at some personal dinner?
>>27232864
You can see the progression in how Twilight loosened up on Starlight. The opener had her write out some huge checklist with all the steps to making up with her past. In this she just told her to go make some friends, and was very open to Starlight figuring it out for herself. Twilight only stepped in when she felt Starlight was making a mistake with Trixie. Going from 0 to 100 would feel forced and sudden, and its better to show slight progression in understanding how to do something.

Why Twilight didn't trust Trixie seemed weird, though. I mean, I guess it shows a flaw in Twilight holding prejudice against someone for what they did in the past. Seems shaky, though.
>>
>>27232910
They don't have connections.
>>
twilight had a very rapey vibe in this episode
>>
>>27232792
This Season has been pretty great especially the previous episode.
>>
>>27233342
Yeah I don't get the gripes either.

There hasn't been a turd of an episode yet. Even the CMC episode was passable.
>>
>>27233201
>I guess it shows a flaw in Twilight holding prejudice against someone for what they did in the past
I've seen a lot of people saying things like that, but no one seems to be asking when is a flaw actually a flaw and not just shit writing? When do we draw the line? Think of how many bad episodes you can say are good if you turn around and say "well, it's just showing a character's flaw"
>>
>>27232910
The pay is probably really bad.
>>
>>27232910
Hasbro is incompetent.
>>
File: 1391392340384.gif (987 KB, 200x180) Image search: [Google]
1391392340384.gif
987 KB, 200x180
>>27232890
>>
>>27232792

>Is it supposed to be a joke that Twilight is a terrible teacher, or something?

Who know?

Maybe she isn't a good teacher after all, like celestia.

She fail with starswirl(trying to be friends), sunset and twilight.

Maybe celestia don't really know how the friendship work.
>>
>>27233432
It falls under shit writing when the flaw is OOC. Twilight is a goody-two shoes who is studious, and always worrying about Celestia's approval. This causes her to feel pressure when something involves impressing Celestia. In any other circumstance, Twilight might have been open to Trixie being Starlight's friend. This wasn't any other situation, though. This was Starlight making a friend to bring to the dinner with Celestia. Twilight probably saw Trixie as too much of a risk at that moment.
>>
>>27232910
They should.
>>
>>27233342
This season is great.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.