[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Thingpone Bread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20
File: 1459233224495.png (170 KB, 1237x1238) Image search: [Google]
1459233224495.png
170 KB, 1237x1238
Because the last one hit the limit.

Last thread: >>26942129

Ancient pastebin archive:
http://pastebin.com/u/WriteLurker (ADD_Anon)
http://pastebin.com/u/chucklefarts (chucklefarts)
http://pastebin.com/u/Short_Thing (Short_Thing)
http://pastebin.com/u/Wolwritefagging (Wolvan)
http://pastebin.com/u/Typhoon2142 (Typhoon)
http://pastebin.com/QXHAbARL (nothere's short, make a pastebin, dude)
http://pastebin.com/VvhuNG7d (='s paste)
http://pastebin.com/u/Auroral (nothere)
http://pastebin.com/VvhuNG7d (Thingalinging)
http://pastebin.com/u/darthricardo
http://pastebin.com/junHBUSc (MacReady)
http://pastebin.com/pDWFuR7J
>>
The things I find when I lurk into parts of 4chan I normally avoid...
>>27063715
I came across the last thread (and read up some of the archived ones.)

I think a lot of you seem to miss how the thing operates.

Don't get me wrong, out of all the movie monsters out there, The Thing is the one that terrifies me most as a monster to face off as its something that is difficult to detect and can quickly adapt itself within a moments notice to take you down.

The creature in the movies was pretty much held back as far as its demonstrated capabilities are concerned, especially with the John Carpenter remake and the 2011 "prequel".

You see, the thing isn't a "Shapeshifter after biomass."
It's a very dangerous and cunning creature that's sole purpose is to single you out and absorb you. It will take you over on a cellular level and will not stop because it wants to be the apex predator.

It is also incredibly difficult to destroy. You'd need a chemical disposal plant to be certain its destroyed. Burning it just slows it down. Freezing it just stops it until its defrosted. You are taking on something that takes over other things on a cellular level! It needs to only TOUCH YOU.

(2 part thread, too much text!)
>>
>>27064435
We see in the films that the thing is intelligent and likely assimilates knowledge from its victims because in every circumstance, it knows who you are, and interacts just like the original being did. Only its ulterior motives can indicate anything else.

As cute as "Spit that pony out" would be, honestly, you're asking a creature that creature after its been consumed out. If anything, it would just halt its current progress and leave you with half a pony.

The creature originally came from space, and the 1982 and 2011 films, it seemed to want to get away and go back into space.

The big fear that was shared is "What if it gets to civilization"? If its goal was to get to civilization, it'd have acted in a different manner and likely would never have revealed itself at all in hopes of getting to a large food source (If it knows your name after absorbing your friend, it likely knows EVERYTHING THEY KNEW).

It wants to get away and be safe, and like any animal, the moment its exposed, its in fight or flight and normally it treats every exposure as a last stand, breaking itself apart and will try to take everyone out as fast as it can. Generally by trying to infect them.

If thingpone was an existing entity with intentions of not wanting to assimilate everything it came across and was merely a shape shifter, even with a carnivorous diet, it'd likely be accepted in pony society...and if it was wanting to assimilate everything it came across, the whole species would be wiped out very quickly and the planet would no longer be rife with life in a matter of days.

It's great you guys think laterally to its abilities and many ideas were pretty adorable (in a WTF sort of way) Which gets me to want to list it as a shape shifter.

My deal is, thing pone would have to not act like the thing at all to not take over equestrian or absolutely decimate the population.
>>
>>27063715
Could someone draw thingpone interacting with Emerald Jewel from Colt Quest?
>>
File: 1459797700117.png (2 MB, 2026x1414) Image search: [Google]
1459797700117.png
2 MB, 2026x1414
>>27064461
Aww, you're so cute when you're scared <3
>>
File: dear newfriend.jpg (302 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
dear newfriend.jpg
302 KB, 1125x681
>>27064461
>>
I must seem like a total party pooper bringing this up, nor considering the original thread with the thing being unwilling to absorb anon...but anyone else is fair game?

What's wrong with having a shape shifter that isn't a changeling? Whats wrong with the idea that it occasionally "Makes mistakes" or "Slips up" and spawns horrific looking limbs and as a result comes off terrifying?

With all I have said, next to pidgeon pony, I think this is possibly the most adorable thing I've seen come out of this thread...
>>
>>27064503
Run away! Run away!
>>
>>27064435
>>27064461
>>27064519

This is all a very interesting observation of both films and of Thingpone.
>>
>>27064461
What exactly is your point here?
>>
>>27064514
I didn't mean to come off dickish or snobby.
My apologies if I've raised your hackles.

>>27064533
Thank you.
>>
>>27064556
this is literally the only thing youve posted with a tripcode, which you could easily do anonymously. names are for people putting out a story to help people keep track of who is writing what. its not necessary for discussion, nor is it preferred.
>>
>>27064546
If thing pone was anything like the assimilating creature in the films, it'd likely wipe the pony population out the moment it decided to feed on them.

If such a being was to coexist with them. As long as it didn't attack anyone, I'm pretty sure the ponies would let its spooky side go after getting to know it... Or the naive little ponies would shun it like they did Zecora.

There's a lot of fic writing potential here.
>>
>>27064556

On the cyoa thread I used my name once and they sent a lynch mob after me on the thread and harassed my other accounts. I personally don't mind you using your name. But a lot of people here go rabid when you do.
>>
>>27064584
>There's a lot of fic writing potential here.

Indeed. Have you considered writing one? I would read it.
>>
>>27064577
In this area, yes. I post in /out/ and /k/ frequently.
>>27064596
Prolly a bunch of SJW's and man children who insist on "Remaining anon".

>>27064606
I'll admit, I'd like to give it a shot. Grimdark and dark humor is my forte with RP and writing, However, the only thing I have out on FIMFIC is a campy cutesy story cowritten with my editor for funsies. Not a very good example of what I can offer.

We made a recipe for complete and utter mary sue stereotype while not letting it go that far.

I have several stories I'd like to crank out, but I wouldn't be afraid to type up something tonight after playing Fallout Equestria.

The thing is (hurrhurr) I need a clear idea of what I want to write... Do I want to write a tame thing, or a story of immense macabre and horror that would par as a glue fic? If I went with Horror, like the films... It'd be analogous of the films... Only I wouldn't hold the creature back.
>>
>>27064665
>I post in /out/ and /k/ frequently.
thats nice, and also has nothing to do with what i said.
>>
>>27064665
>Prolly a bunch of SJW's and man children who insist on "Remaining anon".

Some of that but they also accused me of stealing credit from an artist because I uploaded their work on Derpibooru. (Despite the fact I credited the artist and had gotten his prior approval.)
>>
File: somanywords.gif (878 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
somanywords.gif
878 KB, 480x270
>>27064435
>>27064461
>>
File: 1417737089960.jpg (16 KB, 300x173) Image search: [Google]
1417737089960.jpg
16 KB, 300x173
>>27063715
>>
What kind of stories would you guys like to see? Something with a Tame Thingpony? Or something horrific? I've already compiled some data and materials for both stories.
>>
>>27064820
>something horrific?

I would like to read the horrific one first. Then you can do the tame one.
>>
>>27064820
>>27064851
Yeah, why not something to change the pacing around here a little bit with a more serious, horrific story first?
>>
>>27064820
I personally prefer tame because I'm le preservation of sapient life faggot, but thingpone is good with horror, so I'd prefer horror.
>>
>>27064851
>>27064907
>>27064930
Should this be a big story or a short one? I like putting together huge chapters (7-10k horsewords are my normal goal.)
Upside to a big story? Its longer and you grow into empathizing with the characters. Downside? It takes longer to crank chapters out. I'll hit up one of my friends for help with this.
Mostly I wait on my editors because once I get a story going, I crank out a lot, but I need to see who in my skype groups would want to help with this.

I've got the story in mind and even have ideas inspired by a few related films/music videos.
>>
>>27065033
I'd heartily welcome another thingpone longfic. I make the only longfic thingpone story. I think my story might be mediocre though, the story being my first ever attempt at fiction. I seem to be getting better in the later chapters. Hopefully you can do a better job than my kludge of a story.
>>
>>27065033
I'm fine with it being longer.
>>
Ugh, wanted to finish my green tonight but I am tired and will not do a good job tonight. I'll finish tomorrow.
>>
>>27065089
>>27065093
This is to my benefit. Also gives me a chance to whip up a cover in Inkscape, then again I can use some money to commission a cover from a friend if I get pressed for time.

Alright. I'm Committing to this.
>>
>>27065295
You big fat disgrace, you take your time buddy.
>>
Did the tripfag prematurely kill the thread, damn.
>>
>>27066638
NO ! IT IS I ! RANDOM ANON WITH QUESTIONING AND WORLD BUILDING INPUT, RELEVANT TO THE THING PONE THAT WILL SAVE THE THREAD !

-Can magic construct like golems or timber wolf resist assimilation ?

-Can nano-machine medicine help combating the thing pone assimilation ability ?

-Does thing pone have personality disorder given how much knowledge she absorbed in the past ? Is thing pone mentally healthy ?

-How does magic affect thing pone ?

-How many 'mind' does thing pone have, does she have one or multiple depending on her transformations ?

-Can thing pone suffer illness like Alzheimer or other defect ?
>>
>>27066709
With my current head canon I will answer.

-Can magic construct like golems or timber wolf resist assimilation ?
Yes, but that doesn't mean they're not subject to be attacked flat out.

-Can nano-machine medicine help combating the thing pone assimilation ability?
Yes, but only until you run out of machines or until the thing overcomes a barrier or protected surface to attack host cells. A grey goo may in fact be its ultimate disease.

-Does thing pone have personality disorder given how much knowledge she absorbed in the past ? Is thing pone mentally healthy ?
It is a a multi cellular organism that works as one, kinda like a sponge with symbiosis with itself. The assimilate information only informs it information it wants or needs and uses it to continue existing to its benefit.

-How does magic affect thing pone ?
Just the same as any other organic creature....Until it spawns horns to combat you on footing equal to whom it absorbed. I have a scene in mind where a unicorn faces off against the creature.

-How many 'mind' does thing pone have, does she have one or multiple depending on her transformations ?
Just one per whole organism with a desire to combine with its greater self should it be considered interest of maintaining itself as a whole organism in harmony.

-Can thing pone suffer illness like Alzheimer or other defect ?
It feeds on the cells of the animal, it imitates the animals cells. It doesn't take on the animals illness. It will take one what that animal knows at that immediate moment. Flesh eating diseases and other maladies wouldn't affect the tissues as that is species specific, and in all likeliness it'd assimilate the disease if it the disease was big enough.
>>
>>27066709
Most of these are up to your headcanon. Develop your headcanon with care (or just read my longfic with my ideas of world building lol)

I will direct you to my headcanon about how Thingpone's hivemind works.

Hivemind organization: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/258844/10/blossomthing/chapter-8-experimentation

Neural and communication pathways: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/258844/22/blossomthing/chapter-18-revelation-part3
or here: >>26943287

These are chapters deep into the story and contain spoilers. I would detail how it works in text but it is late and I need to sleep. Also, lots of headcanon about other aspects of her biology in this story, viral infection, enzyme usage for conversion and control, organic data matrix, thingpone's ancestors being apex predators of a foreign galaxy, details of galaxy harvest for biological information and engineering. More things that I have not mentioned. I could go on but I really need to sleep.
>>
Bamp whilst I write.
>>
>>27067773
Bamp whilst I sleep.
>>
Reminder to never neglect any loving partner you have, but especially Thing. She'll maul your ass in the not fun way.

>>27066850
Really, you can just do what they did in the movies and burn The Thing with horse magic or whatever. It doesn't actually kill it though, if I remember right it basically immobilized it by solidifying the outside and left the insides still alive.

Then again it's been like 2 years since I binge watched both movies, so correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 1813x8234) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 1813x8234
>>27068540
Pic related. Forgot to attach it.
>>
>>27068553
I died laughing when I first saw this.
>>
>>27068615
Chat's a pretty cool guy who draws aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>27068634
It's made of win. :D
>>
File: 1448840167316.jpg (77 KB, 726x960) Image search: [Google]
1448840167316.jpg
77 KB, 726x960
>>27068753
>:D
Just, no.
>>
>>27068796
:D
>>
>>27068796
:D
>>
Quit acting like faggots.

;^) is the superior face and you know it
>>
>>27069962
;^D
>>
>>27068634
God, it's been so long since I've seen this maymay in the wild. Thank you Anon, for the memories.
>>
>>27070382
That other drawing reminded me of the meme magic.
>>
>>27070639
I still say Nazithing is the future.

Hell, look at how well the Nazipone thread is rolling.
>>
File: tall.png (1021 KB, 1024x1713) Image search: [Google]
tall.png
1021 KB, 1024x1713
She just wants her cuddles.

Full-body cuddles.

Deep, all-over cuddles.

And she will get them, with or without your consent...
>>
>>27071350
Horror cuddles are the best kind of cuddles.
>>
>>27071373

Oh? You might enjoy this then (4 parts, not Thingpone, but definitely creepy) http://pastebin.com/5VrDBnka
>>
>>27071350
she has no style
>>
>>27063715
bump
>>
>>27071407
Bretty good. I love me some rapist monster grills.
>>
>>27072108
>>
>>27068796
rawr XD XD :D
>>
5 pages down so far, 2 are notes and inspirational images. Of course, this means nothing once my editors hit it cause I always expect half of what i type to be trimmed out. When I explained my whole story, I think one of them nearly came from the story, its construction and how I wanted to end it.
Glad they're on board! :D
>>
>>27073685
I'm having trouble comprehending this; ya got a small team for a regular old green?
>>
>>27068553
She looks like an r63 Murdoc
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 306x324) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 306x324
>>27074219
I see why.

But who has the amorphous face?
>>
>>27073685
Christ nigga, just write a green.
>>
>>27074168
>>27074434
Nah, I'm kicking out a fimfic. Might as well type out a story instead of a quickie paragraph.

Besides, theres not many glue-horror fics on FIMFIC.
>>
>>27074463
Glue horror?

Is that that like the horse version of soylent green?
>>
File: Thingpone_Beer_3Kv2.png (372 KB, 2035x2928) Image search: [Google]
Thingpone_Beer_3Kv2.png
372 KB, 2035x2928
>>27063715
Fuk inkscape exporting. Just noticed there's an bug in the image. Here's a fixed version.
>>
>>27075644
I've got a gorrillion versions of this picture now.
>>
>>27076111
The more of things, the merrier mate.
>>
File: Your book.jpg (93 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
Your book.jpg
93 KB, 392x500
>>27064435
>>27064461
>>
That trip fag got me curious on just how his delivery will go.
>>
You gots an audience to uphold budster
>>
Draw figs, pls hear my calls!

Can we please get a loaf of Thingbread?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 580x300
Random errant thought: is the disguise Thingpone uses just her own original creation, or did she "borrow" it from someone?
>>
>>27079338
I think it can be assumed that Thing took one nameless life when she arrived.
>>
File: 1419727322887.jpg (92 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1419727322887.jpg
92 KB, 640x640
>>27079361
>mare secretly had the hots for anon
>bumps into the Thing
>it'sassimilationtime.jpg
>the magic nature of ponies anchors her personality into the Thing
>Thingpone now harbors feelings for Anon
>>
>>27079605

I'd say that's pretty much exactly what happened, and has been my head cannon for Thingpone since forever ago.
>>
>>27073619
>>
Thingpone and Anon with the blacklight virus (like Alex Mercer)
How that will be
>>
>>27081153
Edgy.
>>
>>27081153
Thingpone as is is far superior and the data backing the movies is more convincing than the wishy washy viodeo game that cant tell bacteria from a virus.
>>
>>27081153
That just sounds like it'll make her all glowey and shit. Handy for a rave, but that's it.
>>
Boop.
>>
Last one, bout to loose all faith.
>>
File: 860231.png (10 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
860231.png
10 KB, 600x600
Might as well take over the bump stick.
>>
File: Slice_of_Thing_Bread.png (50 KB, 333x326) Image search: [Google]
Slice_of_Thing_Bread.png
50 KB, 333x326
>>27078693
How about a slice of thing bread?

I was tinkering with cover ideas and I remember this.
>>
>>27086570
>Thingpone tries to jumpscare Anon by disguising herself as a loaf of bread
>She falls asleep waiting for Anon to get home
>Anon arrives super late, and decides to say fuck it and have basic ass eggs and toast for dinner
>Takes a slice of Thing bread and puts it in the toaster
>The toaster starts screaming and shaking violently
>The loaf of bread on the counter comes alive, starts sprouting spiked tendrils and shit
>Anon shits a brick and a half
>>
>>27087822
Apparently she can just ignore being cut in half. Huh.
>>
>>27080980
>>
>>27087822

Kek, dude.
>>
>>27071350
>her kiss will never become disconcertingly formless, her soft, taut pony body turning into ooze in your hands
>viscous burning goo topped with the fuzz of Thing's coat will never sear and aggressively adhere to, and absorb your body
>you'll never melt, becoming bone-strewn flesh soup like the rest of her
>more matter for her to bend and morph, use to become whatever cute and/or disgusting abomination she wants
God, I don't even like goo vore. So why does this do things to me?
>>
>>27089550
>>
>>27089539
Obviously she was going to assimilate Anon from the inside out. Being sliced is no matter for a being such as her.

She didn't account for the fact bread is usually toasted, however.
>>
>>27090955

And suddenly I'm picturing Amber popping out of Anon's chest, like the Alien chestburster, with a happy smile on her face and shouting, "Surprise!"

Dammit Thingpone...
>>
>>27090893
>>
Waiting on my editors.... As always.
Spoiler; one of Thingpone's victim Amber. :D
>>
>>27093161
Russian keyboard no like.

One of thingpone's victims is named Amber. :D
>>
File: 1414107592911.png (517 KB, 4283x2001) Image search: [Google]
1414107592911.png
517 KB, 4283x2001
>>27093168
better not be our amber, newfag.
>>
>>27093195
Dunno who your amber is. (in before lurk moar)

I just tossed up a bunch of random pony sounding names and one of them were Amber Skies. I used this image as a inspiration for the victims pic when it converses with the protagonist.
>>
>>27093161
>>27093168
>>27093952
>in before lurk moar
It would behoove you to learn a bit about our culture if you plan on staying for any significant amount of time. It shows you give a shit about where you are and how we do things.
>>
>>27093992
That's why I'm here. However, I take anything that this site has to give with a grain of salt also.

I never cared to poke into here before this week. I don't mind chatting about the show. but as far as things made here in the forum, I have yet to be imbibed.

I ran a search on "Amber" before I posted my reply to try to learn about it and even searched Google, nothing came upand I felt it would eventually be explained or there would be a thread posted about it.

If something did come up, I honestly wouldn't know what I'd be looking for anyways. :P
>>
>>27093992

As if Amber is a noteworthy part of board culture.
>>
>>27093551
>>27092692
>>
>>27095063

As if this board has any noteworthy culture...

Just a fart in a hurricane, is what /mlp/ is. Nothing more.
>>
>As you pump your dick in and out of her, something feels weird.
>"Why'd you stop, Anon?"
>You take a cautious peek.
>Something is missing.
"Goddammit Thingpone, did you assimilate my nuts?"
>She smiles dreamily, licking her lips.
>"Mmmm, the mother lode of genetic information, what a treat!"
>You realize that she came from that.
>Fucking Thingpone...
>>
>>27095063
>implying thats the problem
no reason tripfagging, emote using, ellipsis, etc. no one is calling him on any of his shit because everyone is so hungry for content theyll suck the dick of the first guy who walks through the door, even if its blatantly obvious hes a complete newfag with no interest in learning anything.
>>
>>27098170
i've kind of been expecting him to reveal himself to be a ruse
>>
>>27098170

I've been ignoring him.
>>
did thingaling do mayoiga
>>
File: 1429321318926.png (301 KB, 1000x798) Image search: [Google]
1429321318926.png
301 KB, 1000x798
>>
>>27063715
bump
>>
>>27101247
showing off?
>>
>>27103749
Practising yoga, more like.
>>
>>27104888
I dunno, that long appendage dangling between her legs sort of tells me otherwise.

Then again, those trips...
>>
>>27102315
>>
>>27106106
What, you don't get erect during yoga? Not even when doing it with a partner in yoga pants?

Maybe Thing just has less self-control than most people.
>>
>>27094030
hey faggot! There's a few things you should know:

Only autists tripfag.
Only newfags use emotes.

Lurk more or kill yourself.
>>
>>27109236
Wouldn't it be in reverse? Newfriends tripfag and austists emote?

That's just me.
>>
Stop drinking all my gasoline.
>>
>>27110384
She consumed all of the gasoline and chemically altered it, negating its flammability so that you couldn't incinerate her. You're stuck with her now <3
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.