[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 180px-IDW_Publishing_logo.svg.png (5 KB, 180x87) Image search: [Google]
180px-IDW_Publishing_logo.svg.png
5 KB, 180x87
And how can it be fixed?
>>
People complain about company overlords having too tight a leash, but the IDW comics are what happens when you have the leash on too loose.
>>
Complete reboot of the series at issue 50. Nothing prior to it is in continuity.

>>27036399
The absolute best case scenario would be a show writer also writing for the comics.
>>
>>27036391
Someone who actually works with the show and did their homework supervising this shit to make sure none of the writers go full retard with their retarded agendas and personal vendettas

writers also doing their fucking homework by watching the show, reading the bible, the diary, maybe attend to the meetings so they can learn a thing or two, even if the comics aren't canon they should at least try to be close to the source material

Hire new artists, hell, maybe people from the fandom who actually put fucking effort into what they are drawing and won't just go to google and shoop the first image they can find because they are lazy fucks
>>
>>27036391
>what went wrong

Everything.

>how to fix it

Fire the writers, hire Faust as the creative strategist and bring in former good show writers. Also fire the shitty artists, keep the good ones, and hire Pencils. Declare all prior issues non-canon, allowing them to start fresh.
>>
>>27036391
Head Person:
Alright guys, make a comic based on <character> with <plot idea>.

>Do we have a direction?
That's your job.
>Do we have a profile of the character?
Not really; put they're all put into basic genres.
>...But, sir, this seems like an unfinished idea. You can't just give us half of an idea and expect us to expand on just that half.
Excuse me? You're the writers! If you can't do the job, I can just fire you and cut your pay.
>No, no. We'll just...work on this, I suppose.
Great! The deadline is next week!
>...Yes, sir.

This is what's going wrong. How to fix it: give the writers something they can work with, something relatable. When you need to give them space, give them an acre, not the forest, or else they'll get lost. If they figure out writers aren't an infinite source of quality, they'll be set.
>>
>>27036471
The guy who didn't even end up writing the script for the 2017 movie actually HAD to watch every single episode to get the job. Something on that level of dedication, not all episodes, but a lot, should be required.

The nepotism on the comics is both disgusting and infuriating. They're not even nepotistically bringing on people who have any interest in what they're doing, it would be one thing if they brought on people who cared but were poor at execution.
>>
File: mlp-comic-9-cover-a.jpg (266 KB, 791x1200) Image search: [Google]
mlp-comic-9-cover-a.jpg
266 KB, 791x1200
The comics IMO have been at their best when they aren't trying to make some "LE EPIC ACTION" plot that usually ends with them ass-pulling a bunch of bullshit that would later go on to be in direct conflict with the show. I'd rather they focus more on comfy slice of life stories and world building rather than continually trying to 1-up the show.

Also fire all the writers that constantly insert their agenda, especially who ever wrote that issue with the fucking dragon comic store.
>>
>>27036607
If you fired Ted Anderson or Jeremy Whitley you basically have no other writers.
>>
>>27036607
>plot that usually ends with them ass-pulling a bunch of bullshit that would later go on to be in direct conflict with the show.
I want the show to completely shit all over the comics cannon. Especially the Reflections arc.
Have Celestia flat out say "I have never had anything even resembling a boyfriend".
>>
>>27036675
Wow, didn't even notice that.
>>
>>27036555
Seriously? It shouldn't be hard to write a fucking story with the characters, fans do it all the time.
>>
>>27037029
And they are 99.0% complete shit.
>>
>>27037059
B-but I mean we just saw another thread where people were churning out amazing ideas for episodes and actually making good attempts to write things as close to the show as possible.

Surely if we can find anons here with that level of competency, surely Hasbro can find someone.
>>
>>27036471
>and won't just go to google and shoop the first image they can find because they are lazy fucks
That was one time man.
>>
>>27037092
Nah, StoryAnon is the exception to the norm.
>>
>>27037107
Look through Fosgitt's issues closely. All the marks are crudely shopped on without any transformation.
>>
>>27037092
I actually would like to see the stories posted in that thread become actual comics.
>>
>>27037156
Got any examples?
>>
>>27037092
Which thread?
>>
>>27037319
>>26925674
>>
>>27036488
>hire Faust
So she can walk away the second she's told she can't do something?
I used to support Faust walking till her temper tantrum and walking from Medusa. I'm starting to believe the rumors that she's impossible to work with.
>>
>>27037418
I'd like to think that given the same creative freedom IDW gets, she'd be content.
>>
>>27037418

>So she can walk away the second she's told she can't do something?

That is the best part of the plan

The comic don't give a shit about the staff and Hasbro only edit if you create a comic with a similar plot of a future episode(rarity microcomic was rewritten once because the similarity of the episode Rarity take manehattan)

This would be the perfect chance to give her the creativity freedom that she want.

She would be the comics editor, after all Bobby would give his actual show to leave the MLP comic and only work with his favourite comics TMNT and Transformers
>>
>>27036391
A willingness to listen to criticism even Whitley is willing to learn from his mistakes even if he refuses to admit he made them most of the writers just shut it all out.
>>
>>27037418
In general I agree with you one wonders why somebody who insists on that much creative control chose to make a toy commercial but I think idw is the perfect fit for her for that same reason
>>
>>27036391
More oversight by show-writers and such is the only way.

I still can't believe that one got away with using fucking clipart.
>>
>>27037596
I still can't believe when shown that error, the editor said it wasn't his problem.
>>
>>27036391
>What went wrong?
An editor and artists who don't give a shit about a licensed horse comic and writers who are arrogant and want to turn it into a soapbox.

>how can it be fixed?
Get people who actually care and are passionate about their licensed horse comic and confirm it's an AU so they can actually do their own thing and not be beholden to limp wristed "it's kinda canon so we have to scrap/alter plots."
>>
>>27038210
They should hire writers from here to work on it.
>>
File: price rarity con sketch.jpg (68 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
price rarity con sketch.jpg
68 KB, 600x800
> tfw your LCS didn't have the How Rarity Got Her Groove Back cover
>>
>>27038210
If they are not canon what makes them better than fan comics?
>>
File: I LOVE SHOPPING.png (164 KB, 537x375) Image search: [Google]
I LOVE SHOPPING.png
164 KB, 537x375
>>27038332
>tfw they turn Rarity into this
>>
File: the iq with low iq.jpg (65 KB, 362x375) Image search: [Google]
the iq with low iq.jpg
65 KB, 362x375
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.