[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could declare 3 episodes non canon which would you choose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20
File: full.png (568 KB, 1022x920) Image search: [Google]
full.png
568 KB, 1022x920
If you could declare 3 episodes non canon which would you choose and why?

Mine are
>daring do
How the fuck did they think that was a good idea every part of there audience would have preferred to just have a self contained daring do story.
>a bird in the hoof
Why why was celestia so stupid as to fail to realise fluttershy was in distress.
Alternatively why the fuck did fluttershy not know what a Phoenix was if there rare enough that animal care pony doesent know about them then celestia should have known that he would look like he was dying to an outside observer.
And for that matter why was a meeting with the mayor not already factored into her schedual why would she need to combine the events anyway it's useful but the town's are close enough you can probably have regular meetings.
>the cutie mark chronicles
The episode worked for rainbow dash, pinkie pie and applejack (even if it did terrify me that I might do the same thing as applejack when I left the farm) it was alright for fluttershy but it was utterly retarded for rarity and twilight.

Runners up in next post
>>
>>26991579
The runners up for me were
>the mysterious mare do well
Since when is there a cliff let alone a hill of any sort in ponyvile.
>secret of my excess
My real problem with this one was more that it dident address if dragons also grew naturaly. So this can be easily fixed in a later episode and probably will be in 2 weeks.
>hearths warming Eve
Why exactly does nobody know what the pre princess flag looked like I get they aren't very good at recording there history but still.
>the last roundup
She's meant to be the element of honesty damit.
>it's about time
I just don't like time travel in my Technicolor ponys no matter how good the story is (I do auctualy have a theory that makes the time loop make sense I will have to share that some day) although at least they put a clear limiter on it.
Only reason I dident choose this is because to fully get rid of time travel I would have to spend all my episodes on it and it's not worth it.
>games ponys play
I just can't believe nobody had seen a picture of her.
>somepony to watch over me
Just seems out of character for applejack but I'm really not enough of an applefag to be able to tell for sure.
>testing testing 1 2 3
How the fuck did dash not know all this already.
>Appaloosas most wanted
It's not entirely clear why they dident get there marks here but I guess that can be explained as not realising the significance the first time and it would have seemed like a bit of an arse pull later on I guess.
>party pooped
Go back start over again and make the yaks less over the top.
Alternatively show that it's only the leadership that is that retarded.
>amending fences
I don't like that minuet was not a dentist they give all the retarded pandering of slice of life and miss the opportunity for good pandering here.

Continued in next post
>>
>>26991591
Continued

>rarity investigates
I refuse to accept that the guards are that incompetent they would auctualy take a cake break from a cake presented to them. This one came a close 4th but in the end I decided that the main characters were more important then the guards.
>crusaders of the lost mark
As great as that episode was how does such a massive bitch work as a wedding planner and what does filthy rich see in her.
>cutie re mark 1&2
Again I don't like time travel in my ponys.

I considered slice of life but as much as I hate secret agent bon bon Kevin is just to good to give up and it's no longer the only random twilicane.

Bear in mind there's a difrence between don't like and don't want to be cannon many of these are my favourite episodes and there's a few I hate that I don't care about the canoninity of.
>>
File: 1348406427079.jpg (33 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
1348406427079.jpg
33 KB, 500x405
>If you
>YOU
I don't fucking care about your opinions, nor should you care about mine. This is exactly what's wrong with this board. You people keep making threads about yourselves, thinly veiling them as pony related.
>>
>>26991579
>Feeling Pinkie Keen
Because it's really stupid.
>Wonderbolts Academy
Because in the Wonderbolts arc Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 was much better
>What About Discord?
Because it gave me cancer.

Also, I liked Daring Don't, and I think The Cutie Mark Chronicles is the best episode in the show, so fuck you.
>>
>>26991608
We are sharing our opinions on my little pony on the my little pony board
Scruffy killed greentext we don't exactly have much left
>>
>>26991579
>Bridal Gossip.
Zecora is a weak character that should have been dropped on the cutting room floor. The lesson was shit, and the episode suffered for it.
>Lesson Zero.
It was a retarded concept from the start, and the middle, and finally at the end.
>Applebuck Season.
Alcoholism.
>>
>>26991619
Wait you want to get rid of applebuck season for alchoalism instead of bats!
>>
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaalll the movies
>>
>>26991626
Bats was different.
It had Fluttershy in it.
>>
>>26991628
I'm not sure if it really counts but fuck it I made the thread I can change the rules I'm changing my list to this.
It won't get rid of the shorts but without the movies to support them they just look like some sort of joke au.
>>
>>26991636
and it is my headcanon that they are actually not canon

the movies really bothered me...
>>
>>26991579
S03E13
S06E01
S06E02
>>
>>26991659
what is wrong with the first fucking episodes of season 6?

eh, just some upset shimmer fag who is mad glimmer replaced shimmer
>>
The shitty crystal castle, The lame end of crusaders, The awful turtle-sleeping episode.

Bonus: the power ponies. I hate marvel.
>>
>>26991674
yeah, kinda wished their marks were more unique at least
>>
File: 1441587612519.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1441587612519.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>26991667
>glimmerfags literally can't conceive of someone not liking their waifu without liking sunshit
Truly the worst that this board has to offer
>>
>>26991687
wait, what...?
english pls

the only reason imaginable for disliking the s6 premiere is angry shimmerfags
>>
>>26991667
I'm not a shimmerfag nor a glimmerfag, these two types of fags are truly some serious cancer.

It's the fucking baby. And Cadence. And the faggot husband of hers.
>>
>>26991601
Wait shit I forgot one
>Make new friends but keep discord because fuck treehuggers she's the worst character
>>
>>26991695

yeah the baby was a bit awkward, but it (the episode) was saved by other means
>>
>>26991695
My bigest problem with the baby was the whole celestia and Luna weren't born allicorns thing so I feel you only really need to render the first episode non cannon that's where most of her bullshit opness is if I remember correctly anyway
>>
>>26991709
we don't know that, they said in equestria, and they were around before equestria was even a thing

the first episode was a little shit, yeah, compared to the second episode
>>
>>26991608
>board to discuss mlp
>"Discussing is exactly what's wrong with this board"
>>
>>26991692
>not liking Hasbro's latest and freshest shit being shoveled into one's mouth makes you a shimmerfag
>>
>>26991713
no they weren't, there was no mention of them being around during hearth warming.

Furthermore journal is no longer canon since they were supposed to be from a tribe of natural born alicorns, so birth wouldn't be very confusing to them.
>>
File: Tc13Xqg.png (397 KB, 611x368) Image search: [Google]
Tc13Xqg.png
397 KB, 611x368
>>26991757
This
>>
Wings
Cain
Library
>>
>>26991591
>Hearths Warming Eve
>It's about Time

These are two of the best episodes.
>>
>>26992224
I will admit that hearths warming Eve is a great episode but apparently having no idea what the auctual flag was grates on my autism
And I will admit it's about time was well written even if it did put time travel in ponys
>>
>>26991579
>Why why was celestia so stupid as to fail to realise fluttershy was in distress
Celestia likes to fuck with people.

Wait, correction. Liked. She LIKED to fuck with people. Now she doesn't have any personality anymore.
>>
>>26991579
>Canterlot Wedding.
I'm sure there'd be a better way to introduce changelings, cause it wasn't worth it. Would also mean no flurry heart.
>Crytal Empire.
No edgy red & black OC, also means no GPP or possibly EQG (first one only at best though)
>Magical Mystery Cure.
Hahahahaha as if I need to explain why.
>>
>>26991695

the baby was LITERALLY a joke character
you're insane if you thought 'baby screams and fucks everything up' wasn't played for ironic laughs
>>
>>26992254
>I-i-it's IRONIC gaiz, really!
Whatever you gotta tell yourself to ease the pain, anon.
>>
>>26992254
>Degrading a story with actual potential, and significant importance to Twilight (you know, being an aunt n sheeit) to a cringey gag-fest of jokes.
>T-they did it ironically gaiz
>>
File: 1418067337378.png (597 KB, 872x506) Image search: [Google]
1418067337378.png
597 KB, 872x506
>>26991608
>discussion board
>can't discuss
Sorry are you retarded?
>>
>>26992254
The thing I loved about that scene is I felt that feeling of oh shit along with the characters
I just Couldent see it coming but it managed to not feel cheap.
Baby still stupid op though
>>
>>26992264

Twi was not the important character in the episode, neither was the baby
It was a story about glimglam reuniting with her old friend, and that plot was objectively done well
>>
File: 1437628590123.jpg (29 KB, 960x421) Image search: [Google]
1437628590123.jpg
29 KB, 960x421
>>26992306
>Shitlight whining about her boyfriend issues
>good
>>
>>26992315
I always get a chuckle about the fact if glimmer had not gone emo she would probably have been at the school with him a few months later
>>
>>26991579

This thread is now Autism General
>>
>>26991659
This and

S05E26
S05E27

If only these threads could change things.
>>
Season 5, Episode 18
"Crusaders of the Lost Mark"
>The episode itself wasn't that bad, however in terms of canon the CMC's cutie marks are one of the worst things the show's ever done. Having them all share a "theme" is the dumbest fucking thing and significantly changes something that was established for years now to be personal for each horse.

Season 4, Episode 4
"Daring Don't"
>Again, for canon reasons, making Daring Do a real pony was absolutely retarded. This one isn't as big of an issue as Lost Mark but they could've had a better and more engaging story if they just copied that one Hey Arnold episode and made Daring Do's author the opposite of the character herself. It could've been a humbling episode for Dash to get character development.

Season 5, Episode 22 AND Season 2, Episode 8
"What About Discord?" and "The Mysterious Mare Do Well"
>These are the worst episodes of the show.
These are LITERALLY the worst episodes of the show and making a worse episode than these will be hard to top. These episodes shouldn't exist because they just feature the entire cast acting out-of-character, being dicks, and royally shitting on the "focus" character (Twilight/Dash) for no reason other than to move the plot along. Absolute cancer.

Bonus: Season 5, Episode 8
"The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone"
>Great job making every Griffon an insufferable cunt and completely ruining a redemption episode with Gilda you hacks. Who gives a shit about her, Dash and Pinkie making amends when this episode just shows Gilda to be even more of a bitch than we ever knew.
>>
Princess Spike
What About Discord
Dragon Quest
>>
>>26992704
>Great job making every Griffon an insufferable cunt
>It's bad because my headcanons said otherwise
>>
>>26991591
>why are you pandering to them but not for ME?
>>
>>26992738
He's probably mad that they showed a dead empire rather than this huge threat to Equestria.
>>
>>26992315

>legitimate real life friendship issue portrayed realistically
>not good

it's like you've never had a friend you lost contact with
>>
>all those autists wishing for episodes to not be canon just because of one flaw
I can understand if the episode shat itself from start to finish but one or two plotholes are still passable
>>
>>26992773

daring do really should not have been made canon
The rest are autistic headcanon muh ooc shit but daring do is a legitimate misstep
>>
>>26991687
>>26991692
>>26991695
>/mlp/ in charge of not falling for false flagging
>>26992306
That was a subplot, which was later tied to the main plot about the heart and the baby's bar mitzvah
>>
It Aint Easy being Breezies
>>
>>26991579
MMDW, SAYS and Rainbow Falls. Daring Don't, Breezies and Princess Spike were also close candidates.
>>
>>26992791

It was the only character driven plot. The baby plot was event driven
>>
ITT: we keep going until ever episode is removed from cannon
>>
The one where the CMC get their marks, that shit was almost as bad as MMC

Baby Cakes

that episode where Flash Sentry appears

>>26992803
yes, and it was the main plot, the focus of the episode, which is why later the subplot about Starlight and Sunburst ended up affecting the main plot about the baby, aunt Twiggy and the heart shattering
>>
>I h8 so much dat episodez bee cause muh headcanon
At this point even the vore thread is less cancerous than this one.
>>
>>26992820
>MLP's episodes are each its own canon where no episode influences the other
I am okay with this
>>
File: 1449070005284.gif (1 MB, 321x194) Image search: [Google]
1449070005284.gif
1 MB, 321x194
>>26991608
>>>/out/
>>
>>26991579
Daring Don't and Testing Testing 123 are the only ones I think should not be considered canon.

Daring Do should've stayed a fictional character that AK Yearling perhaps used as a self insert to a bunch of adventures she wished she had. The episode could've gone much better if Dash had taken her on somw crazy adventure that had nothing to do with DD canon, and then it inspired AK to write about it and dedicate the book to Dash.

Testing Testing 123 was stupid from the getgo, and whilst I did enjoy the wonderbolts rap and the awareness made to people with learning difficulties, it has been shown on multiple ocassions that Rainbow Dash has an extreme passion for the wonderbolts, and knows vast amounts about their records and history. Why wouldn't Dash, a wonderbolts enthusiast, know enough about them to pass the entrance exam? Utterly ridiculous premise to what could've been an okay episode if the topic Dash was trying to learn was something different.

I'm not even a Dashfag, she's my second to least favourite of the M6, but holy shit does it annoy me how often the writers shit up her character for the sake of churning out a vague episode idea. I feel sorry for people who really like her, because her episodes are either great or terrible.
>>
I can't quite make up my mind about a third, but for the first two without question I'd knock out MMC and Keep Calm and Flutter On. They form the underpinning for so much of what went wrong that their removal will take a bunch of other bullshit with them. Maybe Crusaders of the Lost Mark though. The CMC had been building up a pile of background lore about their likely cutie marks, and should have gotten far better than this phoned-in dipshittery.
>>
File: Disfug.png (86 KB, 348x462) Image search: [Google]
Disfug.png
86 KB, 348x462
>>26992887
>Daring Do should've stayed a fictional character that AK Yearling perhaps used as a self insert to a bunch of adventures she wished she had. The episode could've gone much better if Dash had taken her on somw crazy adventure that had nothing to do with DD canon, and then it inspired AK to write about it and dedicate the book to Dash.
That sounds better than what we actually got
>>
>>26992904
Just shows how shit the episodewas that an off the top of my head premise to fix it was actually better than the final product.
>>
>>26992904
>taps on writers using self inserts to live their fantasies
>taps on "you should go outside if you want adventures"
>Rainbow Dash is useful
>Rainbow Dash has a reason to befriend her
>no bullshit about she having two jobs and somehow having time for both
>no bullshit about nobody ever discovering her identity
the more i think about it the more it works
>>
>>26992725
Wait what affect did princess spike have on lore I get why a lot of people hated it (even if there dead wrong) but it seems like an odd choice here.
>>
>>26992936
Dragonsneeze trees? The new species of plant that was never addressed or explained and just existed as an obstacle that felt out of place?
>>
>>26992936
"Fifty cities of Equestria" was so dumb that I assume the writer originally wrote "states."

Crystal Empire delegate doing the same shit as everyone else instead of defending her empire's savior who is more relevant to the daily life of her empire than any of the royals.

Shitty contrived dragonsneeze trees.

IDW OC inserts.

There are more reasons if you want to know.
>>
>>26992956
>>26992962
OK yeah those are valid points
What idw inserts are you talking about though I dident remember seeing anything from the comics

Although I do disagree on the 50 citys twilight said over 50 I'm pretty sure it was just a number they picked

I would like to know more though all other criticisms I have heard on the episode were the standard spike stuff
>>
>>26991579
>Magical Mystery Cure
Wings
>Princess Twilight, part one and two
The elements are a nice Deus ex machina, and much better than thinking of a new one every season.
>>
>>26992994
They fucking put writer and artist OCs in the episode, breaking their own rules because they felt like they had to or some shit.

The writer was so new I assume that he just assumed Equestria had states, hence fifty of them.

Cadance was fucking useless and most if not all of the blame falls on her for seeing problems and not fixing them.

Perhaps most importantly: there's fundamentally no reason why Spike speaking for Twilight would ever be a bad thing unless you add in the contrivance of the delegates being fucking idiots (they never apologize for that, but sure are gung ho on making Spike feel like shit) and the "bad" things he did under her name.

I went over why I don't think he did anything wrong and how he was crucified for the shit that happened while he was trying his best, but it ultimately comes down to the false assertion that "Spike can't handle royal duties."

The whole episode was a staff in joke because up until it aired it was just an internal thing to hate Spike and think this shit was super funny. If anything it's funny because of its unintentional meta humor in a way. Like, holy shit, someone on staff ACTUALLY hates Spike THIS much. It's pathetic.
>>
>>26993034
I mostly agree with you but I don't think it's unreasonable for the delegates to trust spike they are seen together a lot
Although on the other hand he's a fucking baby
Cadance fucked up though yeah she should have at least gone over spikes head on the drain.
>>
>>26993065
He is also the guy who basically does all the thinking for the princess.
>>
File: 1459205319390.jpg (370 KB, 728x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459205319390.jpg
370 KB, 728x1200
>>26991608
>Thinking that expressing our opinions about the show doesn't qualify for show related
>Is so anti-social as to think they're talking about themselves
>>
S6 E1 and 2
While at the end Starlight was useful, I fucking hated the rest
Starlight has to deal with two degenerates while new baby wrecks everything
>>
>>26993281
The entire episode would've been improved by the nonexistence of the baby. They could've visited the Crystal Empire solely to see Sunburst, and then they split off into groups because they think it's best for Starlight to do this alone, and they should really check in with Twiggy's family anyway. Maybe the kingdom could've come under attack by wendigos that break the heart and enduce the winds, and Cadance and Twilight are the ones who try and hold it off because Celie and Luna aren't there to do it.
>>
>>26991579
>>26991591
>>26991601
Are you dense? Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>26993330
A little yeah
>>
>>26991579

S5 finale
Ep 100
From s4 i would un-canonize daring dont and filli vanilli
From s3 just the finale
Everything else is fine
>>
>>26991785
it would be confusing if it was something like the first natural born alicorn for hundreds of years or something
>>
File: cmc_by_holivi-d5id5w4.jpg (182 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
cmc_by_holivi-d5id5w4.jpg
182 KB, 900x600
S06E1
S06E2

Spike at your service.
>>
>>26993281
the baby was very meh, it could've been better, but it wasnt the focus of the episode, and the glimmer/sunburst story line was great. i wouldn't make them non canon for just that
>>
File: 1459678459471.png (328 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
1459678459471.png
328 KB, 442x600
>>26993330
i think you are looking for this
>>
File: 1456389778071.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1456389778071.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>26991579
>If you could declare 3 episodes non canon which would you choose and why?

Equestria Girls
Rainbow Rocks
Friendship Games

The show itself is fine.
>>
>Dragon Quest
What were they thinking this entire episode. Even Larson admitted that he personally thought it was the worst episode in the entire series.

>Spike at Your Service
Yeah two Spike episodes already but are you fucking surprised? This episode was probably the most out-of-character a character ever is throughout the entire run of a show. It's also unanimously agreed to be the worst episode in the series

>Daring Don't
The fact that they went through with this idea at all was insane. I expected a great twist at the end about it all being a movie or something but it wasn't. It was actually real and it was shit. Literally any other way could have gone better.

What >>26992887 said is way better.
>>
>>26996024
>of a show
Shit I meant 'the' show

Also, if we're taking the movies into account, then >>26994776 is spot on. I'd take those three shit episodes over that Highschool schlock any day.
>>
>>26994776
but anon, those are already non-canon
>>
File: 1455261836258.gif (2 MB, 162x149) Image search: [Google]
1455261836258.gif
2 MB, 162x149
>all the hate for Daring Don't ITT

I never understood this. People don't even seem to hate it because it was a bad episode, they hate it because it did something different from what they were expecting. Everyone seems to judge it against their headcanons instead of taking it for what it is.

Like, there are some genuinely great moments in there, like Rainbow getting into a /co/-tier fight with Twilight over Daring Do lore, and Daring herself brutally beating the shit out of animals and thugs. Yet it all gets overlooked because "MUH DARING IS REAL NOOOO".

Like, how the fuck can you even put it on the same level as SAYS and Princess Spike? Do people around here really take their headcanons that seriously?
>>
>>26991579
>Crystalling
OK episode, but too much toys
>Dragon Quest
Worst episode
>Dog and Pony Show
Close second for worst episode. Also, Diamond Dog art is a scourge on the fandom.
>>
File: cannon-william-conrad.jpg (6 KB, 200x209) Image search: [Google]
cannon-william-conrad.jpg
6 KB, 200x209
>>26991579
>>
>>26996125
>Dog and Pony Show
>>
>>26996181
Why?
>>
>>26991619
>Lesson Zero
>Bad

It had maniacal Twilight in it. It was the BEST.
>>
>>26996024
I don't think anybody acted out of character in spike at your service as spike became shit at housework for no reason
Applejack should have been out of character but we all know she's auctualy a compulsive liar
>>
>>26991579
>Trade Ya
Throwing several seasons of Dash's character growth out the window so you can create an arbitrary conflict is stupid. Fuck you Scott, that you could follow up Somepony to Watch Over Me with something this idiotic is incredible.

>Mysterious Mare Do Well
Williams' episodes mostly suck, but this one sucked more than the rest.

>Princess Spike
Nick you hack piece of shit, they could have outsourced the writing to Zack Snyder and probably gotten a better episode.
>>
File: mfw_autism.png (122 KB, 460x350) Image search: [Google]
mfw_autism.png
122 KB, 460x350
>>26991591
>amending fences
>I don't like that minuet was not a dentist they give all the retarded pandering of slice of life and miss the opportunity for good pandering here.
End yourself.
>>
>>26993034
The writer claims to be a huge spike fan.
>>
>>26996938
That was Neal Dusedau

>>26998260
Jim Miller came up with only the idea for the episode.
>>
File: 1448779509872.png (267 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1448779509872.png
267 KB, 1280x1280
>>26991579
Damn, only three?

>Twilight's Kingdom
Discord lost any credit he ever had as a clever scheming villain when he got outsmarted by Tirek of all people. Someone he should of known was full of shit and lying to get his way.

>Brotherhooves Social
Just a big ol >Nope

>Magical Mystery Cure
Because the weather team is Dash's day job, not her destiny.

Oh yeah and wings.
>>
>>26996099
It's not so much that the episode betrayed people's expectations but that it betrayed people's expectations and was simultaneously bad. The plot was just nonsensical and pointless - YES - even more so than usual.
>>
>>26998284
Shit, that was Dusedau. Man, everything that guy does is just complete trash.
>>
>>26998355
>>Brotherhooves Social
>not liking the Apple bonding
>not liking the Scootalove
What
>>
The Cutie Pox
In MMC the Mane 6 still retained their respective talents and sucked with their swapped one. In The Cutie Map the equal mark just acted as an inhibitor. The cutie pox actually giving AB the talent triggers me.

What About Discord
I'm fine with Discord screwing with Twilight, but the fact he engineered the entire thing just for that purpose really irks me. It would have made much more sense if Twilight just missed out and Discord noticed her jealousy and tried to get her to recognize it. As it stands, it serves to regress Discord's character and is generally just boring and awful.

MMDW
self-explanatory
>>
>>26991608
You're an idiot.
>>
>>26998355

> Some morons still don't think Discord knew what he was doing to help Twilight get the finale key.

He pointed out to the mane 6 the important parts of the journal, so he had to know about the keys.
Celestia trusted him.
When Tirek "took" his magic, his eyes and coat did not fade like everyone else. Tirek did not grow very much after taking his magic, strange considering Discord's power. Tirek was also never shown using chaos magic.
He gives Celestia a knowing wink at the end of the episode.

> MMC

You do realize that all the ponies, despite changing cutie marks, were operating under flawed assumptions about them, which is why they failed so bad. Repeating Larson's self-criticism that you read on EQD just makes you sound unoriginal.

Honestly, most of the criticisms in this thread are full of holes, but yours make good examples.

For me,

> Twilight's Kingdom
It screws up the established history of Equestria and Starswirl. The crystal castle was also dumb and ugly and violated the foreshadowing of using the much neater and more aesthetic Castle of the Two Sisters throughout the season.
> anything involving the Crystal Empire
Nothing about it meshes with the rest of the show.
>>
>>27000382
>The Cutie Pox/MMC
I'm not sure that's really an inconsistency. The cutie pox is a curse deliberately caused by a potion, while the events of MMC were caused by a wild, failed spell. They're entirely different situations aside from the shared fact that they're both abnormal and unnatural, and the fact that they have entirely different effects doesn't mean the writers don't give a shit about cutie mark lore. They probably don't, but this difference can be easily explained.

The Cutie Pox was a better episode than MMC, anyway.
>>
>>27000563
It's not that it's inconsistent with how magic can affect cutie marks and their expression, It's honestly not even a real big deal. I just don't like the idea of a cutie mark, even an unnatural one actually giving you a talent. Also, I just didn't find the episode entertaining.

MMC is in the top 20 episodes, Cutie Pox is bottom 20
>>
>>26991579
I could only pick one without picking normally hated ones.

At the Gala
There honestly was no point for this episode to exist. Yes, the music was nice, but as a finale? It doesn't leave anything to remember, and because of that it is forgettable in my opinion.
>>
>>27000519
>He pointed out to the mane 6 the important parts of the journal, so he had to know about the keys.
>Celestia trusted him.
>When Tirek "took" his magic, his eyes and coat did not fade like everyone else. Tirek did not grow very much after taking his magic, strange considering Discord's power. Tirek was also never shown using chaos magic.
>He gives Celestia a knowing wink at the end of the episode.

I would like to believe this, I really would. I just don't see it.

>You do realize that all the ponies, despite changing cutie marks, were operating under flawed assumptions about them, which is why they failed so bad. Repeating Larson's self-criticism that you read on EQD just makes you sound unoriginal.

I don't visit EQD so I don't know what Larson had to say about it there. There's nothing to indicate that the ponies have misinterpreted anything, only that they're not doing what makes them happy.

Case in point - Rarity can't control the weather. Rainbow Dash hesitantly takes over for her, quickly discovers she's capable of performing a menial labor task that any pegasus is capable of, and boom - RD remembers her true identity for some inexplicable reason. They could have showed her racing, or performing flying maneuvers. But they went with her day job instead.
>>
Crusaders of the Lost Cutie Mark any both parts of The Cutie Remark.

Replace them with a new 2-parter where Starlight succeeds at stealing every Cutie Mark in Equestria, but then the Crusaders get their Cutie Marks and save the day.
>>
File: 1397177858463.gif (948 KB, 599x446) Image search: [Google]
1397177858463.gif
948 KB, 599x446
>>26996061
>newfags actually believe this
>>
>>26996547
*as such as spike became useless
>>
>>27000382
>I'm fine with Discord screwing with Twilight, but the fact he engineered the entire thing just for that purpose really irks me. It would have made much more sense if Twilight just missed out and Discord noticed her jealousy and tried to get her to recognize it. As it stands, it serves to regress Discord's character and is generally just boring and awful
I think that's exactly what happened
He convinced them to leave twilight alone because he thought she would prefer that so would .
The ponys are just to stupid to see that.
>>
>>26991608
Might as well delete the entire board, you dumb shit.
>>
>>26992306
We need to have a talk about your use of the word "objectively".
>>
>>26992887
As a Dashfag, I'm really more offended by Trade Ya than anything else. They just chuck every single moment of character growth for her out the window and give her a huge idiot ball just to create a pointless conflict that gets resolved in 5 minutes.
>>
>>26991579
Cutie Mark Chronicles felt like a fanfiction by Scootaloo where Rainbow Dash is a bigger mary sue than Twilight.

The episode itself was pitiful, terribly handled and unplanned as fuck.
Out of the 21 minutes they had available they only use 13 minutes on the backstory because the other 8 are wasted on intermissions and CMC hijinks.

They shouldn't have forced the Crusaders into the episodes and neither the backstories.
If they simply wanted to show off the mane6 as cute adorable fillies in contrast to the Crusaders then they should have used a plot point which turned the mane6 back to fillies before they even got their cutie marks! and then the Mane6 would have to try and get back their cutie marks, but it's not as easy as "I know I'll just repeat the same thing again" because as children it would be harder and it would have to be another very special moment.

Just a way they could have handled it.
>>
>>26991608
Wow Baxter, you managed to overwhelm /mlp/ at their own nihilistic game.
>>
>>26991579
My dislikes are not because I didn't find the episodes good, but because it breaks the setting and immediately dragged me out of the story to wonder what the hell is going on.

MMDW - Hydroelectric Dam next to Ponyville, a place where the local law enforcement still uses spears and most of the population uses oil lamps. I just wish they had kept to a standard when choosing what to introduce.

Every Episode centered around Manehatten - Again, this shit is extremely out of place. We are given context cues to suggest that FIM takes place in a time period comparable to Late Tudor/Early Elizabethan by our history. Yet in each of these episodes we just through that all out the window and are suddenly propelled 400 years into the future where modern yachts sail the waters and steel framed buildings rise into the sky. And somehow these little shits have somehow managed to create these marvels of modern society yet the best form of travel are still dinky ass rickshaws.

I just want some goddamn consistency here.
>>
>>26991608
this post is a legend
>>
>>27005044
>this lost is of legendary faggotry
Ftfy
>>
>>27005614
Fuck I mean post I will go kill myself now
>>
>>26992253
Thank you based anon
Season 1 represent
>>
>>26991579

>EQG 1
>EQG 2
>EQG 3

/thread
>>
>Somepony to watch over me
Applejack going over-protective to a level beyond fucking retarded. Seems extremely out of character.

>May the best pet win
>Tanks for the memories
Tank as RD's pet is forced as shit
>>
Princess Spike
Three's A Crowd
Somepony To Watch Over Me

These episodes are fucking atrocious. I'm a grown man watching a cartoon for little girls, so it's assumed I'm at least a little bits nuts, so don't fucking give me a reason to become unhinged over a garbage episode.
>>
>>27008285
I can understand not liking threes a crowd but why would you pick that as your non cannon episode it doesent really have an effect on anything.
>>
>>26991608
>What is discussion
>>
>>27000726

Yes, each pony was unhappy. Their new cutie marks confused them.

What I was trying to say is that each pony failed their new role because, despite attempting the surface work, they just didn't have the demeanor that motivated it in the first place. None of them had the right attitude. For example, Fluttershy tried making ponies laugh, but she didn't really know why. She didn't understand the nature of laughter.

Fluttershy did understand the nature of kindness, which is why interacting with the animals brought her back. I think what the episode shows is that personality and talents are connected. The spell could change one, but not the other. The personality of the ponies guided them back to their true talents.
>>
>>27003570

Nothing says the dam was hydroelectric.

The ancient romans understood how to mix cement. It's reasonable that ponies could have cement dams.
>>
>>27008423
Yeah the dam never bothered me
The cliff on the other hand
>>
>>27001173
You know, that actually would be a good idea.
>>
Ticketmaster, yes it may cause problems for the three episode GGG arc, but goddamn that was a shitty episode.

Spike at Your Service. Not even the stupidest of kids shows use this goddamn plot.

Suited for Success, if I wanted to watch Sundays in the Park with George, I'd watch the fucking play.
>>
>>27003570
>late Tudor
>first episode has a light switch gag, a modern lampshadr. S1 had even more shit that went towards at least the mid-20th century.
>the person I'm quoting would have noticed this if it were not for the massive amount of cocks in his mouth.
>>
>>27008343
I'm a fan of Discord as being more Q-like, and that episode portrayed him much differently.
>>
>>27008668
Fair enough
Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.