[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We Will be Ponies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9
File: Robo Pone.png (387 KB, 1011x950) Image search: [Google]
Robo Pone.png
387 KB, 1011x950
Ok, now this is going to sound crazy but read on and your deepest most heartfelt desires may not seem so far away.

There's this Russian guy working on robots for immortality, the idea is to transfer consciousness from the organic brain into the robotic one, but enough about that.
The interesting part is there;s no limit to what shape your new robot body can be, it could even be a Pony...
>>
>>26976796
>not wanting to be a robot octopus
NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING
>>
Really, no one wants to be a Pone?
>>
How would you transfer a consciousness into a robotic brain?

Copy your brain "data" to a hard-drive and then kill the brain, leaving only the robotic hard-drive functional?
I guess "you" would die if someone tries that. Only your clone lives on as a happy pony.

Achieving lucid dreaming or going far into the tulpa territory with hypnosis and whatnot sounds more reasonable than that to be honest.

If you can detach your brain from your body and put it into a robot head that somehow manages to keep your remaining cells alive and well infinitely, that would be awesome.
>>
>>26976916
Its quite a serious project I can assure you, and it would be you, not just a clone.
I would provide a link but I'm sure the sites rules forbid it
>>
>>26976796
>The interesting part is there;s no limit to what shape your new robot body can be, it could even be a Pony...
I can't wait until you dweebs get hacked and your consciousness gets stuck in a fleshlight.

I'll be dying in control of my mind, thank you very much.
>>
>>26976897
No, I want the pony to come to me in the form of an AI cyborg thing.

>>26976916
Or have your brain connected with the machine and slowly have your consciousness transferred by killing parts of your brain. The machine will gradually become an extension of you, like cellphones. Cellphones have already replaced many brain functions.

>>26976934
Post it, nobody cares.
>>
>>26977156
google 2045 Initiative or Dmitry Itskov
>>
>>26976796
I would choose the brain transplant one.
>>
>>26976981
...oh fuck that would happen
fuck being put into a robot I'd much rather be put on a server somewhere in the american midwest, PREFERABLY in a decommissioned missile silo so that no one comes knocking. Then, because if a computer can replicate/house my brain it can handle this, I would live my life in a virtual multiverse, exploring fictional worlds and shitposting on the multiversal internet.
>>
>>26977270
yep, and apparently that's coming along relatively soon
>>
>>26977156
>Cellphones have already replaced many brain functions.
No. People with cell phones have just gradually stopped using their brains. I can see how the difference might be confusing.
>>
>>26977306
kek, sounds about right
>>
File: GLORIOUSEVOLUTION.jpg (956 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUSEVOLUTION.jpg
956 KB, 1920x1080
http://2045.com/ is the website, and holy fuck it is ENTIRELY about pic related, not literally of course, but I think the character fits their ideas
>SUPERIOR robot body
>BECOME BEYOND FLESH
I mean I get the point they're trying to make but jesus christ can I get a little less GLORIOUS EVOLUTION and a bit more fact?
>>
>>26977366
>tfw no brain transplant into monocular flying cephalopod
>>
Whoever wants to be a pony let me fuck your robotic horse pussy.
>>
>>26977389
I'll need some Sugar cubes
>>
>>26977430
You got it.
>>
>>26977389
Why does this turn me on so much?
>>
File: d-cups full of justice.jpg (176 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
d-cups full of justice.jpg
176 KB, 400x300
>>26976819
>not wanting to be an Adrienne Barbeau-bot
I'm not mad at you, Anon. Just very disappointed.
>>
>>26977490
For the same reason "dubs gets turned into a mare, first reply gets to do whatever" posts get hundreds of replies in a few hours.
>>
>>26977551
I miss stories about Anon being turned into a mare and getting fucked by other Anons.
>>
>>26977366
>Implying there is absolutely anything that can go wrong with GLORIOUS EVOLUTION
>>
So, who has clicked the immortality button so far? I think I might
>>
>>26977683
I clicked it, but the requirements at the end want you to be prepared to spend upwards of 3M for this shit, which, while it makes sense, is too much for me
>>
>>26977627
I know, but I just want something to go with that, like, viktor has himself to showcase his tech, but we have a bunch of hopes and dreams and educated predictions from expert scientists, nothing physical yet.
>>
>>26977789
Yeah. We'll all just probably forget about this until it pops up in the news again one day. Now, that aside...
If I chose to roll unicorn, do I get a laser light in my horn?
>>
>>26977789
I did read somewhere that the first models will be really expensive, but eventually affordable, much like the automobile, besides we might as well let the rich risk their life'
s to make sure it actually works first.
>>
something important to consider that no one ever brings up is how society will change if people start living in robotic avatars. The biggest change will be to the economy, as those with robot bodies no longer need to eat or drink, just get energy. and once the world hits a "critical mass" of robots, we'll see the food industry implode and the major food companies will stop producing. as a result, the world will be slightly cleaner and animals won't have to be slaughtered.
Another thing to consider with these things is, given that their final plan is to transfer the consciousness into an artificial brain, teleportation. your mind is taken out of the current robot and put into a new one over the internet. can anyone even imagine what this could lead to? and, MOST IMPORTANTLY this generation, the "millennials" are going to become the LAST NATURAL BORN GENERATION OF HUMANS ON EARTH
this shit is how we explore space. this is it, I WAS BORN AT THE RIGHT TIME TO EXPLORE THE UNIVERSE FOREVER AND EVER
>>
>>26977901
This. The main limitation to our space exploration is the fact we can't fucking live long enough to go anywhere cool. And when we get there we usually just croak if even the tiniest thing goes wrong. But the Glorious Evolution fixes this. But lemme cut to the chase, here.
We can turn a planet into Equis, friends. Then we shall found Equestria and the surrounding nations. We can build the ultimate magical realm
>>
>>26977901
This sounds like a virus that just mutated a new nucleotide freaking the fuck out bevause it'll be "the best virus to ever virus" and will go down in history as "the progenitor of viral domination".
>>
>>26977901
Space capitalism literally means galatic hell.
Get that shit away from me.
>>
>>26977929
You win everything ever...
>>
File: GLORIOUS EVOLUTION.png (884 KB, 1200x602) Image search: [Google]
GLORIOUS EVOLUTION.png
884 KB, 1200x602
You know what happened last time a race that kinda sorta was super good at war thought it'd be fun to do robots?
>>
>>26977996
What's this a reference to? sorry I'm slow
>>
>>26977929
How though, genetic engineering?
>>
>>26978090
Google says GTA V Reaper mod, so I'm thinking Mass effect?
>>
>>26978098
Sounds about right
>>
>>26978091
...robots
the entire point of the thread is robots
>>
File: nervous-system-cut-here.jpg (159 KB, 406x586) Image search: [Google]
nervous-system-cut-here.jpg
159 KB, 406x586
>>26976916
The most effective way currently would be destructive imaging.
You'd go under, they freeze you, and extract your brain. Probably spinal chord and nerve endings to be sure, as well.
Next it's cut into incredibly thin slices with a very sharp high tech knife and put through a scanner which grabs a big ass "screenshot" of the neural pathways with high precision, mapping out function as well.
Now you can be uploaded to a machine and simulated through raw approximation of the pathways or through bruteforce, simulating the entire molecular makeup of your brain and surrounding body.
That'd be a stupid waste of resources, an approximation will do.
Cutting a insignificant fraction of accuracy off that should be enough to save on many many orders of magnitude in processing power and memory space.
And when all is said and done you have to figure out how to actually hook it up to a body.
And hope to god there's a method to actually feed your mind recognizable input or else you'll sit on digital ice until they can find a way.
Null input for any course of time would be unpredictable and potentially damaging so it's best to give you input and somehow transition out all the unconscious brain functions by remapping them into something new or transitioning the whole network to function differently, without allowing the remapping to go so far as to turn your approximation into the network equivalent of a slurry.
Reorder you for easier "upgrading" but not destroy the whole system all without incurring suffering, damage and maintaining functional parity. Easy...
And of course you need them functioning and sentient to allow for any of this to happen.
It's going to be a clusterfuck trying to work with 4 billion years of spaghetti code wiring.
>>
>>26977901
Hmm, something else to consider, the "first stage" on the website says something about remote piloting, so we could remote pilot robots on a foreign planet or in an asteroid belt so if our robot bodies get destroyed we don't die we just get chewed out for losing a valuable asset by whoever sends us to space.
>>
I cant wait until we found our new planet of Equis
>>
>>26978130
...oh, robot ponies, I'm dumb
>>
I'm very skeptical about immortality. I don't think humans can achieve it.

But give me my robotic pone. I want to fucking a cute Opera Pone
>>
>>26978133
...oh my god the central nervous system guy suddenly makes sense
HE WAS AN EARLY TEST SUBJECT
>>
>>26978164
Of course Humans aren't capable of immortality, but Pones, Pones can do anything!
>>
>>26978164
We totally can. Like there's no reason why we wouldn't be able to simulate a brain with an advanced enough machine.
The real question is, assuming we even survive long enough to make them, if we should go for it or not.
>>
File: WAKE ME UP.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP.png
156 KB, 270x270
>>26977389
>the year has come, I can finally be a mare like I've always dreamt
>the denizens of /mlp/ would be dying to make me their personal slave only for the sake of pleasure
>and I'm willing to do it
>this is the day, I'm first in line to transfer my conciousness to a my very own pretty, hot and perfect pony mare body
>hours pass, days fly by and months after a surgery recovery and I'm fully awake
>my beautiful mane
>my gorgeous big eyes
>but then I realise
>there's no reproductive systems installed
>>
>>26978253
well if you're religious it brings up questions like will this forever bar me from heaven and so on.
>>
>>26978266
Get an upgrade to the body you mook, what's a little extra money for the ability to have sex?
>>
>>26978266
Then you'd just cut a hole and stick a glove in, that's good enough for most of us.
>>
>>26978266
You still have your mouth and hooves, anon.
Get Plugins/install genitalia
>>
>>26978272
That question shouldn't matter because if you live forever you won't be going to hell either.
>>
>>26978266
I don't know if you're joking or not, but that's kinda my dream, well minus the last bit.
>>
>>26978266
Mouth is good enough.
>>
>>26977901
I think the most drastic change would be with population control.

Think about it, if robotic bodies can live forever and your mind / conciousness is stored digitally (that 5D optical disk comes to mind), then we, as humanity, can't make more individuals at the same rate as today.
>>
Remember though, we're only robotic to begin with, after another few hundred years of being a robot, technology might allow us to become synthetic or even biological Ponies
>>
>>26978303
>ignoring the "hacked into a fleshlight" scenario
Dude, people are going to make each other wish they were in Hell. If you're able to control someone's body, nerve endings up, you instantly have the ability to make them feel the worst pain imaginable for as long as their mind doesn't fall apart.
>>
File: 1427873084503.jpg (108 KB, 1280x842) Image search: [Google]
1427873084503.jpg
108 KB, 1280x842
>>26978266
>You will never be someanon's qt mare cockslut or waifu
>>
>>26978342
You'll just have to make sure you're in a secure place, to be honest that's my worst fear about this whole thing.
>>
>>26977276
This man has the right idea
>>
>>26977276
Lucid dreams on will? sounds good to me
>>
>>26977572
>Green of anonmare being fucked by other anons.
PASTEBIN
LINKS
ANYTHING
PLEASE
>>
>>26977276
>I would live my life in a virtual multiverse, exploring fictional worlds and shitposting on the multiversal internet.
hi /jc/
>>
People throwing away their humanity and becoming cartoon ponies is the Beast system referred to in Revelations.
>>
>>26978686
It's in the book?
>>
>>26976796
Considering both robotics still has a long way to go, not to mention that the science of copying one's own personality and memories from the brain and onto some kind of data storage does not exist yet, means that by the time they do, /mlp would have been long dead and forgotten by then.
>>
>>26978704
No, they just get a mark. Kinda like the Passover, except the other way around.
>>
What about making a genetic construct instead and having my brain transplanted into that? I want to be able to procreate dammit!
>>
>>26978733
Oh ye of little faith, robotics aren't that primitive, its not like we need to create AI for this.

>>26978767
There is nothing demonic about becoming a Pony...

>>26978788
Organic materials tend not to last the test of time, I'm sure other ways will be found down the line though, after all we'll have an eternity to come up with them
>>
>>26978788
I bet you my vital organs that China is already creating human-animal hybrids. They're going to drag the rest of the world into the future kicking and screaming, ethics be damned.
>>
>>26978843
Well, what else can you expect from former communists.
>>
>>26976897
I want to be a cyborg wolf with a foot long penis
>>
>>26978891
>wants to be a wolf with a foot long dick instead of a pony
>>
this thread is retarded. Post Spider-Man.
>>
>>26978962
Spider-Man's retarded. You're retarded.
>>
>>26978138
Doesn't quite work. To start off your "body" would be quite expensive chewed out would be a light term for it. Secondly, we already do this with the mars rovers and it takes around 3 minutes to get a signal back from the robot of what its seeing. The farther you get away the longer it takes to communicate with your other body. Closest star system is 8 light years away making it so a message would take around 8 years to reach your probe and 8 years to get a response. Best case scenario we figure out how to make wormholes to allow for quicker communication of data between points.
>>
Bumping for anon and robot pone green
>>
>>26979372
I was thinking more along the lines of from a nearby spaceship or a home base on a planet, like in a mining operation or something
>>
>>26978686
Christians have been saying X is the mark of the beast for as long as Revelations has been read. There are reasons that book was nearly left out from the Bible.
>>
>>26976796
If by chance, why not have a "brain case" and just change my body when every I am in the mood for something different?
>>
File: tfwlevelup.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
tfwlevelup.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>26978168
HE ASCENDED
>>
>>26981171
Note to self: Try to spark a fight between those Westboro Baptist Church pricks and X-Men cosplayers, then observe how the religious fundamentalist types try to spin it into their apocalypse myth.
>>
>>26976796

I love how /mlp/ turns out to be a mix of culture from all board
this is very /x/ish, and I love it
>>
>>26981402
You joke, but baiting Christian fundamentalists with pop culture is easy.
>>
File: 1421883758436.png (267 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1421883758436.png
267 KB, 500x375
>>26976796
It's not going to happen anytime soon.

We barely understand human minds at the minute, never mind trying to transfer their contents and "ghosts" over to a machine.

AI is shit and even current robotics are shit, go and watch the 2015 DARPA robotics challenge.
>>
>>26981171
I'm pretty sure Revelation is Gnostic, but the Church Fathers left it in because they needed an end times book.
>>
>>26981538
I don't know, they seemed quite human-like when they vibrated and fell over.
>>
>>26981635
It's been a while since I did early church history, but that's partly true. There are heavy gnostic influences in the book; magical virginity and numerology are gnostic and not Christian. However, the thought process, or recorded justification if you prefer, was that there was sufficient evidence to suggest that there had been a revelation to John. That revelation had just been corrupted post facto due to Gnosticism.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.