[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YOUGETTONAMETHEcyoa 9: Railroads repent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7
File: 1452886423424.png (67 KB, 725x710) Image search: [Google]
1452886423424.png
67 KB, 725x710
Catch up on the Quest here: https://www.anonpone.com/longname/

Recap:

Rails. Tons of them. In all seriousness though:

>It's the final exam of the prestigious academy in Canterlot that Etherbreeze is attending
>The final test, a dual spell with a flamboyish colt named Emberspark begins
>It starts out well enough, but soon Etherbreeze feels the spell failing
>A dual spell like this can easily lead to a massive disaster
>Time begins to slow down to a crawl and moments later, you find yourself in the deepest region of your mind where you meet her
>Etherwing, the personification of your Cutiemark's magic, channeled by the tattoos that allows you to walk on Clouds
>After getting to know each other, she tells you that she would be able to stop the spell from collapsing, saving everyone in the audience
>For a small fee that is
>This fee is Emberspark's Cutiemark
>Etherbreeze lets herself get persuaded of allowing Etherwing to proceed
>Fortunately, the procedure is a success, or so Etherbreeze thought
>As she saw Emberspark walk away, merely a husk of what he has once been, guilt washes over here like a torrent
>Trying to help Ember, she attempts to visit him but gets stopped by her imaginary twin sister
>Trying to make her understand Etherbreeze's feelings, the discussion goes overboard and the Unicorn seemingly crashes under this emotional load
>Even worse, Twilight appears in her usual, understanding and comforting manner
>This brings Etherbreeze to the verge of tears as she does want nothing more but to help fix this
>She now heads back to the stage next to Twilight

Incoming post of continuation...
>>
>wake up to this thread
It's good to be back
>>
>Most of the walk is happening in silence
>The only thing that can be heard is Twilight's and your steps on the long, stone floored corridors
>You swallow a massive lump in your throat before stopping in your tracks

Etherbreeze: "T-twilight? May I ask a question?"

>The alicorn turns around to face you, a kind smile on her face
>She just nods at you, waving a hoof begging you to continue

Etherbreeze: "W-while casting the spell, I did feel another p-presence of... well, magic you could call it..."

>Most of what you are saying comes out as a shaky stutter, more than you hoped even though you tried to hide it at the best of your abilities
>Something, maybe a higher force, is telling you to continue though

Etherbreeze: "I.. I felt it pulling something away. First it did so from me, but I did my best to resist..."

>The second part was a lie, and a bead of sweat flows down your face, tickling your fur
>Lying was necessary though, you think to yourself
>The princess finding out would make this situation even worse
>You find a bit of relief in the fact that you still have the ability to think rationally right now
>Twilight nods, slowly, a sign of understanding fortunately

Etherbreeze: "It then felt like it was moving over to Emberspark, draining something away from him..."

>You narrow your eyes, avoiding her gaze
>She uses one of her hooves to lift your face back up, looking into your eyes
>Putting her hoof behind your head, she strokes your mane, repeatedly
>It feels good

Etherbreeze: "I-I wanted to ask... is there a way to help Emberspark?"

>That's it, you needed to get an answer
>Twilight's mane stroking stops, and you she retreats slowly, staring into your eyes again
>But this time, her stare is cold, serious and calculated
>A moment later she sighs

Twilight Sparkle: "It sounds like something pulled away his Cutiemark magic. If you knew where it went, you might be able to get it back, but..."
Twilight Sparkle: "Let's just go back to the stage, shall we?"
>>
HA-HA-HA APRIL FOOLS!
>>
>>26946308
Yes, let's.
>>
>>26946321
Oh. Is that all?
>>
>>26946340
Yno
>>
>>26946308
Say you do know where it went.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1279x812) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1279x812
>>26946308
Hey guys! I made an art for this update! I used a refference from the show like a real artist and everything! Look at me can being into art! Twilight isn't quite the right color because I couldn't find my purple crayon, sorry. ;_;
>>
>>26947189
I still appreciate you Doxel, even if you care about things way too much.
>>
>>26947398
>too much
>
>>
I was thinking of returning to this soon, since I'm finally getting used to my work schedule.
>>
File: 1455847238395.jpg (4 KB, 171x211) Image search: [Google]
1455847238395.jpg
4 KB, 171x211
>>26947627
>>
>>26946986
No
>>
This will be all for today guys, sorry.
>>
>>26948516
you wish
>>
>One update per topic
Holy fuck followers of this quest are miserable. Here's a pity bump.
>>
>You just nod, trotting up next to the alicorn
>As she turns around, she drapes a wing over you and pulls you closer
>For the moment you just enjoy the warmth of another pony close combined with the silence
>The two of you make their way back to the stage once more

>As you arrive at the door that leads to the backstage area, you pause

Etherbreeze: "Twilight? I think... I think I might know-"

>You stop mid sentence, furiously shaking your head
>You can't tell, not a single soul can know
>Twilight is watching you expectingly

Twilight Sparkle: "Yes, my dear Etherbreeze?"
Etherbreeze: "Nevermind... f-forget what I said."

>Your head lowers down and your ears droop dow
>Twilight nods in affirmation and turns back to the door, opening it up and stepping inside
>She is holding the door open for you and you take a few hesitant steps before you stop

>Something in your mind tells you to turn around
>It tells you to go see Emberspark
>You must fix this, somehow
>Even if you don't have an idea on how to do so, the desire to at least see your partner leaves you restless
>Twilight is still waiting for you at the door, smiling

>Should you follow that voice in your head? Or should you rather join Twilight and the others again?
>>
>>26952111
Follow the voice in your head, damn it. If you can't get Twilight to fix this properly you can at least try to do the right thing yourself.
>>
>>26952111
I don't think we're the only ones who need comfort. We should see him.
>>
>>26952111
>second update
Is this real?

Please go to Emberspark. I'm begging you. We can still fix this. We can undo the damage we did to him and just be a liar instead of a self-serving bitch. We'll still have a dark secret in the future, Etherwing will still hate us, and nothing will contradict anything we've seen so far.

Please at least try to do the right thing, Etherbreeze. I'm begging you.
>>
>>26952176
>>26952181
>>26952227
I second all of these in the vain hope that this isn't just an April fool's joke and you just have bad timing.

Please let us play the Etherbreeze we wanted to play.
>>
>>26952111
Continue to be a cunt and don't fix it
>>
>>26952435
Pls no. I can only take so much.
>>
If you save Etherbreeze but turn out to be some random anon doing this for april fools I will support your ownership of the quest over the original qm.
>>
>>26952628
Seconding this. Please Hijack Longname. Our QM is never coming back. Be the hero we need.
>>
>>26952628
>>26952648
I somehow doubt that is going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I would pay real life money to have someone hijack this and fix the retarded flashback bullshit, but some random guy who's just doing this as a joke isn't going to give a shit.
>>
Hey! Doxel! You can hijack Long Name and turn it into an image quest!
>>
>>26952772
The fact that you called me that means you are probably from Secret Club, in which case you should remember that I said I have no interest in QMing. Plus, I heard rumors that the original QM might consider returning to this at a future date.
>>
>>26952799
>the original QM might consider returning to this at a future date
Pls no. The new guy might actually listen to us.
>>
>>26952819
Shit, now I'm conflicted. Does anyone know who our new QM is? Is this something we should actually consider?
>>
>>26952861
Does it matter who he is?

Just ask yourself. Do you enjoy the quest so far under his QMing, granted that it's 2 posts?
>>
>>26952870
Yes. There is still the hope that Etherbreeze can emerge from this a good pony, so I am enjoying feeling hope again.
>>
>>26952861
1liner.
>>
>>26952883
Really? Hmm. Has he gotten any better since he ran that quest? Actually never mind, does he listen to player suggestions? That's all a really need to know.
>>
>>26952901
Yes, and yes.
>>
>>26952870
Yes.
>>26952883
Good enough.
>>
>>26952905
Okay then. I'll take what I can fucking get. Come back to us wolvliner.
>>
>>26952906
>>26952905
Lies and slander
I want our old QM back, 1liner just means trouble
>>
>>26952948
Wolvan please
>>
>>26952799
A: Word of your name happened to get here you from sekrit circlejerk. Also, you signed it here >>26947189

B: I was just kidding.
>>
>>26952956
That's Wolvan?
>>26952948
Wolvan please Hijack our train wreck. I was fine just letting this fade into a painful memory until I heard that the QM was returning to inflict more pain on us. Don't let that happen to us. We've suffered enough.
>>
>>26952991
...and I find yet another reason to regret drawing that.
>>
Wolvan's gonna head to bed and think about it. He intended to just run this as a one day april fools things.
>>
>>26953018
Doxel pls
>>
>>26953030
Not me. I'm staying the fuck out of this mess.
>>
>>26953061
Will you run it if he doesn't?
>>
>>26953070
>>26952799
>>
Bump. Save us from the railroading, Wolvan.
>>
>>26953848
Seconding the bump.
Seconding the request.
>>
>>26954762
>>
>>26953005
>We've suffered enough.
(x)

>>26953848
>>26954762
>>26955139
I'd feel bad if I took Pink's stuff away from him desu. I also have a massive track record of fucking up and dropping quests. Are you still willing to take this risk?
>>
>>26955765
Yes.
>>
>>26955765
>I also have a massive track record of fucking up
So does our current GM. Even if he returns he won't be willing to listen to us. You might.
>>
>>26955765
His name is Pink? Do that mean you know him from secret club or something? Please beg Pink to let us try to return Emberspark's cutie mark when he returns. It literally works with everything we've been told about what happened in the past and what we've heard about in the future. If it contradicts something he has planned that he hasn't told us about yet I'm sure we could find a way to fix that too.
>>
>>26955832
He goes by Pink Mawile in both sekrit club (where he hasn't been around for some time) and steam.
I ain't gonna beg him about anything, it really isn't my right to mess with his story.

Imma think I'll write up another post later
>>
>>26955871
Just tell him that we're begging him then. Also when will the new post be? Its four in the morning here and I need to go to bed but I will stay up if the post is soon.
>>
>>26955871
>Mawile
>Don't be taken by this Pokémon's cute face - it's very dangerous. Mawile fools the foe into letting down its guard then chomps down with its massive jaws.
How appropriate. I repeat what I said in >>26955801.
>>
>>26955879
Even if I started writing now, it takes me 45 minutes to finish one at least, so go to bed, anon
>>
>>26955765
This is a flashback. If there isn't some railroading we'll end up with a paradox!
>>
>>26956590
>if there isn't some railroading we'll end up with a paradox
Not true. If we contradict things that exist in the present we'll end up with a paradox.
>>
>>26956590
What >>26956904 said. We got to decide plenty of things that affected the future while in the flashback, without being railroaded into them. Our relationship with our mother, for example. She talked, we chose how to respond, and as a result we retroactively decided what our relationship was, abiding by the very limited information that we had about her in the present.

We were only trying to do the same thing with the practicum. We once again picked a course of action that decided facts about our past while staying in line with the limited information we had (Etherwing has to still exist after this, she has to hate us, we have to have a dark secret, and we have to be nervous around Twilight).

Tl;dr
It wouldn't have created a paradox to give Emberspark his cutie mark back afterwards, it would only create a paradox if we did something like refusing to participate in the practicum or exposing Etherwing.
>>
>The voice does not stop nagging you
>And you now know what's the right thing to do
>You turn around, glancing back at the confused princess

Etherbreeze: "I am sorry, but this is something I have to do!"

>With that you run off through the long hallways, leaving an alicorn with a warm smile behind you

>Rounding corners, your heart is racing, the mere thought of fixing this making you breath faster and faster
>You slam the door of the small infirmary open, completely void of life
>You were sure they took him here, panic starts to rise in you
>What if they have taken him away from here? How where you going to fix this
>Subconsciously you jump from one hoof of the other until a voice from the back of the room behind a curtain hits you

???: "W-who is this?"

>The voice is trembling, but you know who it is
>Slowly making your way over there, the colt you were looking for lies on one of the beds
>He looks different though, the colors that make up his fur and mane a lot more muted
>Staring at you, you have a hard time making out what he is thinking

Emberspark: "You aren't the nurse! Wh-who are you?"

>This sentence hits you like a thousand sharp daggers and you take a step back
>He does not remember you, but how?
>How could he forget like this?
>What should you say?
>>
>>26957147
Be vague. Just tell him that you're here to help. Try to calm him down, then reform the connection we had during the dual spell and transfer his cutie mark back.
>>
>>26957147
Tell him that you're here to administer a treatment to help him recover, and let him draw his own conclusions. Then fix what you broke.
>>
>>26957147
Honestly, I want to tell him our name, tell him what happened, be completely honest with him, and let him be party to our secret since he was the wronged party. I worry that would be too much to ask for, though, so I will just have to be okay with what >>26957185 and >>26957208 said. If we want Pink Mawile to return and take this back over we have to do the minimal amount of secret telling we can, since he seems to be absolutely adverse to it.
>>
Posting during the episode commercials. This Wolvan thing is looking more and more like it might actually happen. Thanks, Wolvan. We love you, Wolvan.
>>
>>26957275
And have him blame us for the rest of our life and possibly try to ruin us.
>>
>>26957185
Be as vague as possible and there is the possibility that he'll remember after we help him.
>>
>>26957770
He might understand it was the only way to save everyone's lives, especially since the immediate next thing we did was try to give him his mark back. But like I said, I'd be fine with fixing this but not telling him what we did too, since I think that would be easier to get a consensus on.
>>
>>26957918
Like hell he would. We stole a part of his soul.
>>
>>26957951
And then gave it back immediately. But like I said, we don't have to tell him.
>>
>>26957918
If someone stole my car to drive someone to the hospital and save a life, and then returned it immediately, I would understand. This is the same principal, just to a more extreme degree. It's a quantitative difference, not a qualitative one.
>>
>>26957981
You obviously never read what kind of character Emberspark is. If nothing else he'd blackmail us.
>>
>>26958060
Maybe he would be an ass, but that doesn't mean we have to be. Our conscience would be clear.

It's a moot point anyway. I already agreed to >>26957208 instead.
>>
>>26958138
I know the deep dark secret of a noble while I'm a self-absorrbed asshole of a commoner. Should I do the moral thing of thanking her for her selflessness or should I find a way to use this for my advantage?
>>
>>26958318
You're misunderstanding me. I'm wasn't arguing that Emberspark wouldn't be an ass about this. I was arguing that we should still try to be good no matter what his reaction would be. Two wrongs don't make a right. Again, it's a moot point now though.
>>
>>26958645
I'm saying that we should prepare a story to prevent him from ruining us if he remembers.
>>
>>26958733
We're awesome at magic, figured out what the problem was, and fixed it. He is appreciative and never mentions it again to anyone since it would be a tremendous blow to his ego.
>>
>>26958945
Perfect. That's our story if he remembers.
>>
>>26958945
And if he asks for any details whatsoever?
>>
>>26958945
I like it.

>>26959036
There's nothing he could ask that we couldn't have a completely plausible answer for. We wouldn't even have to lie.
>>
>>26959228
So your saying there isn't a chance that he actually felt what happened? He might not have enough info to connect the dots, but if there are loose ends he might just stumble onto a dangerous idea if we don't deal with it.
>>
>>26959299
Let's say for sake of argument that he felt exactly what happened. He felt his mark leave. That works with our story. What happened? The spell went wrong and started draining your cutie mark. I caught it so I could return it to you. Here you go.
>>
>>26959343
Because we're awesome.
>>
>>26959343
I'm fine with that, but only say it if he explicitly asks for details. He might be too disoriented to press the point.
>>
>>26959343
Ok, I was just looking for a bit more preparedness beyond being awesome.
>>
>>26960058
Bump.

I'm so glad someone decided to continue this. It ended in a real shit place last time.
>>
all posts are non canon
>>
>>26961158
Shh, let me dream that we have a QM who gives a shit.
>>
>>26961158
I prefer this one. We're fixing things now.
>>
>>26962712
I feel the same way, but guilty for feeling so. I like being able to influence the story again.
>>
>>26961350
>>26962712
>>26963666
N O N C A N O N
O
N
C
A
N
O
N
>>
>>26964395
It's canon if he hijacks it.
>>
>Actually, this might just work out in your favor
>If he doesn't remember he won't be able to tell any authorities about what happened
>You take the moment and play along

Etherbreeze: "I am... here to help you. Administer treatment to help you recover. Official instructions from the headnurse!"
Emberspark: "I... thank you, for everything you do. I respect you for all the stuff you nurses have to do for us ponies!"

>You flinch at the word respect but he doesn't seem to take notice
>Instead he decided to fall back onto his pillow, breathing slowly but steadily with a smile on his face
>He stares at the ceiling, waiting for you to begin
>You take a step closer
>And another one
>With a few more steps, you stand right next to him, by now he closed his eyes
>Hesitating for a mere moment, you lower down your horn, touching the colt's horn
>A subtle glow comes from forehead, enveloping the other pony's horn
>You read a lot about this in the years of studies at this place but this is the first time you apply actually the knowledge
>To your surprise, linking together two souls is not as hard as it sounds
>Able to feel Emberspark's magic circulate through his body you take a few deep breaths, unknowingly synchronizing the speed with Emberspark
>Magical energy begins to travel through the link before the familiar, oily feel leaves your horn
>The dark magical power latches on to the pony's horn
>Until a voice distracts you from behind

Etherwing: "What do you think you are doing here right now, exactly?"
>>
>>26964915
Righting a wrong.
>>
>>26964915
Fixing this.
>>
>>26964915
Returning his cutie mark. You were right that taking it was the only way to save the lives of everyone present, but that has already happened now. The ponies are saved. There's no reason we need to keep holding onto his magic any more. Giving it back is the right thing to do.
>>
>>26964915
I am doing >>26964934 >>26964943 because >>26964954
>>
oh my god its happening fuck yes let me have your babies ydgtntgm
>>
bump for our new lord and master ydgtntgm
>>
Just so you know, you're all kind of panicking Wolv.
>>
>>26966005
Beg him for us please.
>>
>>26966005
tell him he has to run or i will punch a baby
>>
>>26966005
Tell him we're sorry and really want him to continue.
>>
File: etherbreezeclearsky.jpg (182 KB, 1017x929) Image search: [Google]
etherbreezeclearsky.jpg
182 KB, 1017x929
We just want to come inside.
>>
>>26967012
I know I do.
>>
>>26967012
Bump.
>>
>>26967995
>>
>>26968836
>>
daily reminder that everything written in this thread is to be considered completely void and null.
N O T C A N O N
O
T
C
A
N
O
N
>>
>>26970824
It's canon to the wolvan version. If he hijacks this then it's all canon.
>>
>You turn your head and huff in annoyance
>Etherwing stands there, here gaze narrowed and her muzzle scrunched
>Heavy breathing and the occasional stomping with her hooves makes it clear to you that she is not amused by your idea

Etherbreeze: "Righting a wrong and fixing this all."

>You glare back at her and your eyes meet hers but none of you breaks contact
>The seconds start to feel like an eternity to you, every fiber in your body tensing up

Etherbreeze: "I am giving back what is his. You were right with taking his Cutiemark to save everyone out there, but that's over! You don't need to hang on to-"
Etherwing: "I don't need to what? Hang on to his magic any longer? But my dear sister, how could you be so cruel to me and force me to give up my new Cutiemark?"

>She pouts like a foal now, her lip quivering
>Shaking her flank in your direction to emphasize her words she smirks
>The candle that also adorns Emberspark's butt

Etherwing: "And even if that is what you plan to do, did you honestly believe I'd just give it up?"
Etherwing: "I'm keeping this cutiemark, if you want to give it back, you gotta take it by force. Come on, convince me, will ya?"
>>
>>26971074
>my new Cutiemark
Except it isn't.
>>
>>26971074
Fine, we'll talk about it, because this is important. The fate of our morality hangs in the balance.

Etherwing, today you saved a bunch of lives. That makes you a good pony, even if your methods were extreme. Now you're talking about keeping part of someone else's soul, though. You don't need it to save anyone. Keeping it would be a n act of pure egoism. Giving it back is the right thing to do.
>>
>>26971074
If you wanted your own mark you could have had it way earlier. You stopped growing deliberately before when you had enough magic to survive, even though you could have kept going and taken our whole mark if you hadn't done that. That means that deep down you knew that doing so would be wrong. You took part of our mark to survive. You took ember's mark to save lives. Keeping his mark does neither though. Give it back.
>>
>>26971074
You don't need his cutie mark. You already had one that you got from my magic, remember?
>>
>>26971151 (me)
Shit, I was too slow and >>26971141 said what I wanted to but better.
>>
I looked on cuckhold on google and this thread was the first result
>>
>>26971200
I do not deny this even a little.
Please hijack the quest YDGTNTGM.
>>
>>26971074
Do you really want to be butting heads with me for the rest of our lives?
I can't live with this. I know what it's like to be missing a piece of what makes you whole.
The idea of having it all taken is horrifying.
>>
>>26971231
This is actually a really good angle that I hadn't even considered.
>>
>>26971074
Every activity has a final cause, a goal at which it aims, and since there cannot be an infinite regress of merely extrinsic goods, there must be a highest good at which any pony's activities ultimately aim. These aims are easy enough to guess: Etherwing wants to continue to exist, and she wants to be happy. She is currently of the opinion that keeping the Cutie Mark will make her happy, but I submit that this is not so.

Having a Cutie Mark will not necessarily make her happy, no more than any of the other ordinary notions of pleasure, wealth, and so forth can provide an adequate account of this ultimate goal, since even ponies who acquire all these may not be happy (as we see in the show). Simply put, these things can engender happiness, but do not ensure it.

To figure out what will produce a true and lasting happiness, we must ask ourselves what a pony really is. Things of any variety have a characteristic function that they are properly used to perform. The good for ponies, then, must essentially involve the entire proper function of pony life as a whole, and this must be an activity of their nature that expresses who they really are. Ponies should aim at a life in full conformity with their friendship-loving natures; for this, the satisfaction of desires and the acquisition of material goods or cutie marks are less important than the achievement of this particular virtue. A happy pony will exhibit a full realization of what it is to be a pony, friendship and all. In this sense, at least, "virtue is its own reward." Her ultimate happiness can be attained only through the cultivation of the virtues that make a pony complete.

Tl;dr
Do the right thing, bitch. Friendship is magic.
>>
>>26971410
Thanks Feather Dust.
>>
>>26971410
I endorse this with all of my heart
>>
>>26971410
I was not aware that Aristotelian virtue ethics could be applied to ponies. Regardless, I endorse it.
>>
beb
>>
You know, if we convince her that she has to give the cutie mark back it would really explain why she hates us so much in the future.
>>
>>26972529
Just get that bitch a new cutiemark, with blackjack and hookers.
>>
>>26972874
Something to consider once we get back to the present, I guess.
>>
>>26972204
>>
>>26972204
>>
>>26974657
>>
>>26975245
>>
>>26976066
>>
>>26973750
>>
Etherbreeze: "Except it is not your Cutiemark! You stole it and you know that!"

>Your voice came of a bit more hostile than you hoped
>But you gotta show her that your serious and take matters in your own hand

Etherbreeze: "Let's talk about this, please. It is important!"

>Etherwing raises an eyebrow but does not break her gaze
>With a light smugness in her voice she answer

Etherwing: "Is it? Then go ahead, humor me."
Etherbreeze: "You saved lives. Lots of them today, as a matter of fact. Taking Ember's cutiemark to do so was a necessity and I can understand that. Saving them made you a good pony."
Etherbreeze: "But now that's over. You don't need it anymore. Do the morally right thing and give it back."
Etherbreeze: "Keeping the mark would be an act of pure egoism, you know?"

>She is still looking right at you, her face unreadable
>Not even a slight change in her facial features
>Seems she'll just let you continue with your talk

Etherbreeze: "You told me yourself, you stopped growing out of your own free will when you had enough of our magic. You could have easily taken my entire cutiemark away."
Etherbreeze: "But you didn't. Deep down you knew what a cutiemark means, it's part of one's soul. Now give it back."

>Your companion starts sobbing as you finish your speech
>Surprised you take a step back and run into Ember's bed, who just looks at you in confusion

Etherwing: "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE AWAY MY HAPPINESS?!"

>Her outburst makes you shrink together
>The tears welling down her face drip on the floor but leave no wetness behind
>She is rubbing her eyes furiously with a hoof, sobbing heavily
>It stings seeing her like this and breaks your heart

Etherbreeze: "E-Etherwing? A cutiemark won't make you h-happy!"

>Your attempt at comforting her fails and she sits down on her haunches still crying
>You feel your face getting slightly damp yourself as you watch the Pegasus
>>
>>26978056
Cry with her.
>>
>>26978056
weak prompt is weak.
>>
>>26978715
I noticed, but that's what I get for thinking updating at 5:30 is a good idea
>>
>>26978056
Cry with her, comfort her, tell her that you understand why she's unhappy. Promise her that you will do everything you can to help her be happy in the future, without having it be at the expense of someone else.

She deserves better as much as Emberspark does.
>>
>>26978056
>says she wants to keep someone else's cutie mark
>breaks down when we point out that she already turned down the opportunity to take ours
Looks like she has a conscience after all.
>>
>>26978803
>>26978341
These.

>>26978852
That makes me very happy, but it's still a kind of bittersweet victory, since we know that eventually she will come to resent us for this. Damn you temporal causality.
>>
>>26978056
You deserve to be happy, but so does Emberspark. I promise you that we will find you some other way to get you what you want and deserve that doesn't hurt others, but this isn't it.

And even if we can't, there are dozens of species in Equestria that don't get cutiemarks but can still lead happy, full lives. You don't need it.
>>
>>26979170
I feel the same way. Damn flashbacks.
>>
File: 1454390593871.png (79 KB, 334x312) Image search: [Google]
1454390593871.png
79 KB, 334x312
Where do you think YOU'RE going wolvan? We still have unfinished buisness
>>
>>26980702
Idk, maybe go shopping or go for a walk or something
>>
>>26981091
Wolvan pls.
>>
>That's it, you can't hold it back any longer
>Tears are rolling down your face, dripping on the floor
>Etherwing looks down to the floor, her ears drooping
>You step forward, every step shaky and insecure
>But it does not matter to you, nothing does
>Nothing but the projection in front of you
>The realisation hits you
>No, she's not a project, she is a living pony with her own conscience
>And more importantly, she is the closest pony you ever had
>The metaphorical chains on your legs disappear and you jump forward, dragging your win into a close hug
>She eeps in surprise but moments later uses her own front hooves to return the hug
>You feel tears stream down your neck but they do not cause any permanent wetness
>Stroking her mane and nuzzling into her neck, you whisper

Etherbreeze: "T-there, there, it's going to be f-fine!"
Etherbreeze: "I... I understand why you're unhappy. But I promise..."

>You feel the lump in your throat

Etherbreeze: "I-I'll do anything I can..."

>Raising her head with your hoof you move your head so you look her directly in the eyes
>You can see her inner conflict in her eyes, tears streaming out of them
>Using one of your hooves you wipe the tears away from her face

Etherbreeze: "I'll do absolutely anything to help you being happy. I promise."

>A small smile creeps on Etherwing's face as she nods at you, wiping her face once more
>She then silently trots past you, over to the bed where Emberspark is lying and staring at you completely perplexed

Etherwing: "Let's do the right thing, ok?"
>>
>>26981773

>Her smile is still there and you respond with a nod and a smile yourself
>You trot up next to her and begin casting the spell from before, the slick, oily magic building the bridge between the two of you once more
>A glance over to Etherwing shows a small strand of magic connecting from the place where a unicorn's horn should be to your horn
>A nod from her tells you to continue

>As you let the magic flow, you can feel energy flowing into your horn
>It feels warm and reminds you of a small flame
>Is that what Emberspark's Cutiemark feels like?
>The energy clearly stems from Etherwing's part of the link so it must be
>You redirect the magical flow, sending it down the chain to Emberspark
>He just goofily smiles at you, accepting the stream of warmth that is his cutiemark
>It feels quite nice if you're honest
>And just like that, the connection breaks
>It is done, you believe
>Emberspark still lays in bed, but is breathing heavily now
>He looks directly at you before shakingly talking

Emberspark: "E-Etherwing? Where are we? What h-happened?"
>>
>>26981783
The spell failed and you took the brunt of it. Don't worry. You're okay now.

We're all okay now.
>>
>>26981783
We're in the infirmary. There was an accident. What is the last thing you remember? Please don't be us returning the cutie mark.
>>
>>26981783
>>26981825 first, then >>26981831.
>>
Etherbump.
>>
File: trixie74.png (223 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
trixie74.png
223 KB, 715x715
>>26979170
Why not just retcon it?
>>
>>26983818
Because then Wolvan's stuff wouldn't be able to be canon.
>>
>>26984297
>Wolvan's stuff
>canon

Toppedt fucking kek, anon
>>
>>26984297
You don't have to outright forget about it.

What if Etherbreeze is under the influence of an enemy's spell? Or changeling venom?
>>
>>26984297
In that case, we'll just have to enjoy Etherwing not hating us while we are still in the flashback. I imagine the resentment towards us grew slowly over time, so we probably won't have to deal with the heartbreak of her hating us before we return to the present.

We should really try to fix that relationship when we get back.

>>26984315
Wolvan pls.
>>
>>26984352
I fail to see how either of those could keep Etherwing from hating us in the present. We already know she hates us in the present.
>>
>>26984359
>We should really try to fix that relationship when we get back.
Second.
>>
>>26984375
I'm talking about in the present. Someone who knows Etherbreeze well must be playing to trick to drive her mad and turn her against herself.
>>
>>26984396
I suppose that's possible, but somehow I think it's more likely that Etherwing just legitimately hates us. She is emotionally immature, we made her return her new toy, and she resented us for it.

Wolvan really writes her well.
>>
File: trustnobody.jpg (44 KB, 680x586) Image search: [Google]
trustnobody.jpg
44 KB, 680x586
>>26984490
>>
>>26982545
>>
Just wanted to say, no 4AM update tonight
>>
>>26986449
When will the update be?
>>
>>26986486
Tomorrow at 4PM probably? IDK, just wanted to say only 1 update today
>>
>>26986608
>7am local time
Fuck. I'll set my alarm for you.
>>
Since there won't be an update, let's have a discussion. Best/worst endings of this flashback?
>>
>>26986983
Wolvan has already given us the best ending. Adter stealing Emberspark's cutiemark, Etherwing had it on her flank. In the present, she doesn't. Temporal causality requires that the mark was returned. And we even still have a truly damning secret about our use of dark magic.
>>
>>26986983
>Best/worst endings of this flashback?

Best Ending: Wolvan keeps running the quest until its completion.

Second Best: Longname comes back and accepts Wolvan's posts as canon.

Mid Tier: The quest ends after the flashback, and we all have a better sense of closure than how Longname left it.

Second Worst: Longname returns and throws all this out. We end up feeling like we have just made negative progress.

Worst Ending: Wolvan deliberately tanks the quest, yells april fools motherfuckers, and then runs away. We never forgive him and I mcfucking kill myself.
>>
>>26987162
Switch the bottom two and I agree with you.
>>
>>26987162
Worst Ending: Wolvan deliberately tanks the quest, yells april fools motherfuckers, and then runs away. We never forgive him and I mcfucking kill myself.
Second Worst: Wolvan keeps running the quest until its completion.
Mid Tier: The quest ends after the flashback, and we all have a better sense of closure than how Longname left it.
Second Best: Longname comes back and accepts Wolvan's posts as canon.
Best Ending: Longname returns and throws all this out. We end up feeling like we have just made negative progress.

>FTFY
>>
>>26987245
Nah, I liked it better the first way.
>>
>>26987245
Wolvan pls.
>>
I wish to once again advocate for what you both listed as the middle option. This is tearing us apart.
>>
>>26987293
Better to die instead of being stolen and ruined because of the whiny idiots wanting a tumblr friendly ending.
>>
>>26987162
This.
>>26987245
Not this.
>>26987293
Pinkie pls.
>>26987315
Not everything you disagree with is tumblr, anon.
>>
>>26987328
Was there whining?
>Yes!
Why was there whining?
>Because we're doing something that isn't nice!
What should we do?
>Kill the qm and steal the quest so we can have our comfy safe ending!
What if that path doesn't allow the quest to continue?
>Fuck the quest! We want our moral superiority!
>>
>>26987373
>Was there whining?
Not really, mostly there was just a disagreement that ended in a compromise.
>Why was there whining?
Because we hadn't reached the compromise yet. The whining stopped after that.
>What should we do?
Accept the loss, unless someone else picks up the quest, in which case we can choose to follow the new guy if we want.
>What if that path doesn't allow the quest to continue?
Then we change our plan until it doesn't create a paradox any more. Which we did.
>>
>>26987410
>unless someone else picks up the quest, in which case we can choose to follow the new guy if we want
This. Feel free to wait for Longname to return if you want to play his version, but I'm enjoying the nongreentext version better.
>>
>>26987373
We didn't kill it. We just said we weren't happy with how it was going and then stopped bumping it. Longname was the one who decided to not make a new thread and never come back.
>>
>>26987410
>The whining stopped after that.
Obviously not.
>>
>>26987445
>Kill the qm
Is he still here?
>>
>>26987448
This is a discussion about whether we like Wolvan's version of Longname or not. There's no reason to fling insults. Nobody is whining. We're just disagreeing.
>>
>>26987466
Yeah, he just decided not to run it any more. He is still in contact. That's how Wolvan got permission to run it.
>>
>>26987425
It would be amusing if both ended up running at the same time, but I somehow doubt it. This thread will have players for as long as Wolvan runs it, and then we'll go back to no Longname. The original QM is never coming back.

>>26987486
Agreed. Both sides chill the fuck out. Play it or not, but don't shit on the other side.
>>
>>26987486
Forcing us to help Emberspark and having him convienently be afflicted with amnesia. Doesn't sound like a very good job thus far. Allso how are we supposed to hate Etherbreeze in the future after we've had a nice cry and made up? Are we going to extend the flashback and contrive some sort of conflict at the last minute or are we going to say it just happened and let our entire conflict be a railroad?
>>
>>26987504
I never said we killed him literally or chased him off of the internet. I was trying to say that he is no longer doing this quest and somebody else is doing it so the babies can have their safe space.
>>
>>26987557
There are plenty of reasons why Etherwing might grow to resent us. Maybe she never forgives us for this moment right here. We don't know. It could be anything play and find out. Or don't, since you don't seem to be enjoying yourself.

And the amnesia was Wolvan's writing choice. If you don't like his version of Longname, don't play it. What >>26987425 said.
>>
>>26987572
That's an unnecessarily insulting way to put it. Longname stopped running it, someone else took over, and some people liked the new version better, and other people didn't. Why do you insist on calling the people you disagree with by names?
>>
>>26987622
AND WHY DID HE STOP RUNNING IT!?!
>>
>>26987572
It's just a fucking quest, anon. If you don't like it then don't play it.
>>
>>26987640
I DID LIKE IT! IT DIDN'T DIE, IT WAS KILLED!
>>
>>26987639
Because the majority of the player base didn't like the direction the quest was heading, and the QM apparently thought the minority wasn't big enough to justify continuing.
>>
>>26987601
Etherwing accepted this was the right thing to do or she wouldn't have relented.
>>
>>26987653
>killed
That's a funny way to spell "lost interest and then complained about it in the general".
>>
>>26987661
It's not a minority if the "majority" need to compromise.
>>
>>26987669
Maybe. We don't know what she was thinking. And even if she did do it because she knew it was right, who's to say she might not grow to resent us later for making her do the right thing?

>>26987653
Calm down, anon.
>>
>>26987677
And why did he lose interest. You keep dancing around the fact that the quest would've continued going if it weren't for people crying RAILROAD!
>>
>>26987697
> or are we going to say it just happened and let our entire conflict be a railroad
>>
>>26987683
Some people wanted to tell everything and fix emberspark.
Some people wanted to tell part and fix emberspark.
Some people wanted to tell nothing and fix emberspark.
Some people wanted to tell nothing and screw over emberspark.

Taken as a whole, there was a substantial majority for helping emberspark.
>>
>>26987707
>You keep dancing around the fact that the quest would've continued going if it weren't for people crying RAILROAD!
You keep dancing around the fact that the quest also would have continued if he didn't do that.
>>
>>26987719
I disagree that doing that would be railroading any more than having her hate us for no reason after we let her keep the mark.
>>
>>26987736
This. He fucked up, anon.
>>
>>26987736
It was the players who didn't like what happened that made him decide to stop running. The players killed him. My original assertion hasn't changed.
>>
>>26987736
And she would have had more reason to hate us if we let her keep it? This version makes MORE sense and is railroaded less.
>>
>>26987749
Seconding.
>>
>>26987763
>It was the players who didn't like what happened that made him decide to stop running.
I agree. If you do things that people hate then your quest dies.
>>
>>26987777
Quads confirm. He fucked up, like I said before.
>>
>>26987747
No reason? Our guilt over not doing the right thing would've caused us to push her away. Abandoning her would've hurt very bad considering we're the only person in her world. How would that not make her angry?
>>
>>26987777
>>26987795
So you agree that the players not being able to accept a LITTLE railroading is why the qm was killed?
>>
>>26987800
Good point. Both ways would have worked. She could have ended up hating us no matter what we did, and it could still work with the plot. Doesn't change the fact that I still prefer this version, though.
>>
>>26987815
Except for the little part.
>>
>>26987815
It wasn't "a little railroading". It was a colossal fuckup, but yes, the players hating that is probably what made him leave.
>>
>>26987815
I'll agree with that. Why is it controversial to imagine that someone might stop running a quest when the players stop enjoying it?
>>
>>26987830
>>26987833
Railroading the very end of the flashback to make sure everything meshes properly with future events so the quest can continue without problems is a colossal fuckup?
>>
>>26987869
We've been over this so many fucking times. Railroading it how he did was not the only way to "make sure everything meshes properly with future events". There were multiple options, and he should have let us have a say in which one we did.
>>
>>26987869
This again.
>>
>>26987860
The vocal players that chose to stop liking the quest made their decision because they couldn't forgive a little railroading and ruined it for those that liked the quest or just wanted the flashback to end.
>>
>>26987897
If you were fine with the railroading, just say that you were fine with the railroading. Stop calling it a little railroading though, because it wasn't.
>>
>>26987889
>>26987895
And if the options that were being fought for weren't going to mesh because of reasons the players weren't acknowledging?
>>
>>26987897
I'm sorry that enough people disliked the direction of the quest that the GM stopped running it, when you would have been fine continuing even with the railroading. My apologies. Is that what you wanted to hear?
>>
>>26987913
We changed our plan over and over in response to objections of paradoxes. Eventually everything fit. I'm not saying the railroaded version wouldn't have also worked, but the version we ended up with would have too.
>>
>>26987905
If I'm fine with it then I'll consider it a minor problem.
>>
>>26987913
I don't think there were any of those left by version three.

>>26987905
Also this.
>>
>>26987962
Okay, if you want to say the degree of problem is subjective then I am fine with that. It was a minor problem with you because you were fine with it. It was a major problem for the people who weren't fine with it.
>>
>>26987931
WHO DO YOU THINK STARTED THIS DAMN THREAD!?! I WAS IN THE CHATROOM WHEN HE WAS THINKING ABOUT COMING BACK AND YOU GUYS CHASED HIM AWAY AGAIN AND THEN GAVE CONTROL OVER TO SOMEBODY ELSE!
>>
>>26987962
>If I'm fine with it then I'll consider it a minor problem.
And if I'm not then why do you get to decide?
>>
>>26987992
>WHO DO YOU THINK STARTED THIS DAMN THREAD!?!
Wolvan.
>I WAS IN THE CHATROOM WHEN HE WAS THINKING ABOUT COMING BACK AND YOU GUYS CHASED HIM AWAY AGAIN AND THEN GAVE CONTROL OVER TO SOMEBODY ELSE!
We did nothing of the sort. Wolvan asked for permission. Longname gave it to him.
>>
>>26987997
I decide the words I put in my posts. Check the context of my post.
>>
>>26987992
Fucking hell, calm down.

>>26988012
Fine, then what >>26987985 said.
>>
>>26987992
I get that you preferred the old version, anon. Maybe you shouldn't play the new one.
>>
>>26988010
He didn't create the god damned thread. >>26955765 was the post when he started.
>>
>>26988038
This whole thing was an April's Fool day joke by Wolvan originally. That was the post when he decided to continue past the end of aprils fools day. It was always wolvan.
>>
>>26988038
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>26988034
I'm angry because the qm was chased away TWICE. I'm angry because it was over people whining about railroading. I'm angry because Emberspark was already confirmed to be alright all the way back in the first thread!
>>
>>26988038
Damn, I thought you actually meant what you were saying.
>>
>>26988070
>twice
I think you might have misunderstood who started this thread anon.
>>
>>26988070
See
>>26988056
>>
>>26988056
>>26988061
I literally saw that Pink was thinking about coming back and later this thread shows up. Show proof since your so certain.
>>
>>26988038
>>26988070
Did you seriously think that Longname had returned to us? Sorry anon, it wasn't him. He never came back. Just Wolvan.
>>
>>26988102
see >>26988094
>>
>>26988094
Sequence of events:
>longname says he is considering returning
>wolvan asks if he could run this as an april fool's joke, even though longname is considering returning later
>longname says okay
>wolvan runs it

What part of that do you disagree with?
>>
>>26988120
My mistake, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that the original qm had started this thread.
>>
>>26988138
>wolvan asks if he could run this as an april fool's joke
when
>>
>>26988148
Pink was part of Longname's name in the chatroom I saw this.
>>
>>26988161
On steam. He's friends with Pink on steam and plays games with him. He asked permission and Pink gave him the go ahead. I doubt either of them expected it to cause a war.
>>
>>26988171
Yeah, I know. As I said, I misunderstood you. Pink did say that he was considering running again in the chat, but he isn't the one who started this thread. Sorry for thinking that that was what you were saying.
>>
>>26988173
I was lurking and can confirm that wolvan said this. He had permission.
>>
>>26988173
Fine. I haven't changed any of my opinions over Wolven's work or the canon story's ending, but all of my anger has made me physically ill so I'll stop here and let you enjoy your ... whatever this is.
>>
>>26988216
Okay. Sorry it got so heated. For what it's worth I understand how hard it is to see people take a quest in a direction you strongly dislike.
>>
>>26988216
>whatever this is
It's a hijack.
>>
>>26988216
>the canon story's ending
Canon is subjective.
>>
>>26988231
Actually I'm okay with helping Emberspark. I was in the "Some people wanted to tell nothing and fix emberspark." group. My issue was the treatment of the original qm.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.