[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bard Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14
File: OP.png (803 KB, 1500x1100) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
803 KB, 1500x1100
The world is huge, and many wonder what lies beyond the horizon behind the windows of their house
And so, many leave their home in the hope to discover more than what a sedentary life has to offer
This is the fate you chose, as on your 18th birthday, you left your home to travel and live from your music
A wandering musician, earning your coins from the generosity of others, in exchange of a romantic song for a loved one or a hearty jig for a crowd
This is how you’ve spend the last two months
A vagrant’s profession, your father said, but still he didn’t stop you
This is only the beginning of your journey, and already it has filled you with vibrant memories
You can’t wait to make more

And now, this little bard mare enters a new city
>>
>The sun is setting down on the Grazing Hills
>Finally, you’ve reached Malba
>From Mount Ponlympus, you’ve decided to travel to the Minotaur Realm
>And you’re planning on reaching Daedalus, the capital
>There, with a little luck, you might be able to hear more of the minotaur musical culture
>Until now, you’ve only had drinking songs to add to you repertory, and those are in no short supply no matter the place
>You were a little scared the minotaurs wouldn’t really like your style at first, but you found out they’re really enthusiastic about new things
>They’re a little… loud, but so far all those you’ve met on the road were all very nice folks
>You’ve also managed not to travel with an empty belly out of your music alone!
>There’s even enough in your pockets to pay for a nice dinner and a chamber for tonight
>And that’s a damn good thing, because you’ve spent the whole day walking and your legs are killing you
>You push the door of the only tavern of Malba, eager to finally get some calm and rest…
>>
File: bard1.png (82 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard1.png
82 KB, 1000x800
>>26800575
>“WHAT DO YOU MEAN, MY ALE SMELLS LIKE ARMPITS???”
>>
File: bard2.png (99 KB, 912x645) Image search: [Google]
bard2.png
99 KB, 912x645
>>26800585
>Alright... In the Minotaur Realm, taverns are not always the quietest places…
>And the bartender seems to be in the brawl too
>In fact the only patrons not in the brawl are two ponies, one in armour and the other with a weird mask on his face

>What do?
>>
>>26800592
This brawl requires musical accompaniment.
>>
>>26800646
Yes. Be sure to strike up convo with mask guy afterward.
>>
File: bard3.png (89 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard3.png
89 KB, 1000x800
>>26800646
>>26800681
>Even as tired as you are, this kind of festivity needs you to play it up
>You whip out your trusty harmonica from your pocket and start to play a swinging tune
>The many minotaurs seem to fight even harder, and you can swear they giggle more than they groan in pain, now
>Sadly the fun is cut short as another group of fighters arrive in the tavern
>They look like guards, and it seems the neighbourhood doesn’t really like trouble
>They dive in the brawl, but with a coordinated assault and actual teamwork, they’re very quick to start getting the upper hand
>Since the show is over, you decide to speak to one of the patrons
“Hey there, fella, not a member of the minotaur punching club I see!”
>”Oh!” He says with a soft, timid voice “Uhm, hey… no that’s… not really my call”
“Hehe, no problem pal! I just like the mood, but I’m not the kind to throw my hooves on the face of strangers”
>You sit next to the zebra
“So, I can’t tell you’re not from here either, care to tell me a little about you?”
>”Uhm, sure! I’m Winter Seed and I’m a monk of Brahma”
“Mmh, yeah, ‘figured so, there isn’t many zebras who aren’t”
“But you’re a little far from home, right? Aren’t you guys, like, a secular community?”
>”We are, indeed we don’t leave our forest very often but I’ve got a task to accomplish”
>”I have to collect seeds of many plants from the minotaur lands to bring them back to our forest, I’ve got a foot long list of them to find”
“Ooh, that’s for protecting the species if something nasty happens, right?”
>”Precisely! And what about you? What bring you in Malba? Is it the chocolate factory?”
“Well, nor really. I’m just traveling for the heck of it and I’m actually going for Daedalus”
“I’m a bard, so I’m just gonna look around if someone needs a little song"
“Oh, by the way, the name’s…[Insert name]

>Want do
>>
>>26801106
>>Want do
Insert name of course.
Happy Harmonica, but people usually call us Harmony
>>
>>26801106
>secular
Uhh.. non-religious monks?

Our name is Blord.
>>
>>26801106
Harmony. My name's Harmony. So what's your home like?
>>
>>26801286
I'm fine with this. Let's also tell him why we're here. Wandering bard and all that.
>>
>>26801308 (me)
I also want to endorse >>26801292 as our middle name.
>>
>>26801323
>middle name
Madness. Blord is clearly our profession, not our name. A wandering blord is pretty much the same as a wandering bard, except better, because harmonicas are involved.

Shut up, we didn't invent that word. You don't know.
>>
>>26801553
Why the fuck not. Happy Harmonica the traveling blord. We're still going by Harmony for short, right?
>>
File: map.png (375 KB, 2000x1600) Image search: [Google]
map.png
375 KB, 2000x1600
>>26801286
>>26801292
>>26801293
>>26801308
“Happy Harmonica! But my pals call me Harmony!”
”I’m a blord, I MEAN BARD! I’m a bard… Haha…”
>Yesh, you always say it wrong, never figured out why…
“I travel from town to town and offer to sing and play for money, shelter or food”
”Right now I’m trying to learn a little more about what the minotaurs like to sing, hence why I’m heading for Daedalus”
>”An honourable way of living, you’ve decided to put your passion over your offer material comfort, that’s very sensible, and probably much more thrilling”
”I know! Now, you guys live in that huge forest in the south, right? How is it like?”
>”Well… I don’t really know Harmony… It’s normal?” The zebra shrugs
“C’mon!”
>”Sorry, that just a very vague question, you know?”
“Oh fine! How are your houses? Aren’t the beasts dangerous? What kind of work do you do?”
>”Ah, you mean thing like these!”
>”Well… We don’t really have these huge barracks for each pony to live in”
>”At night, we shelter ourselves in the knots of the dorm tree, they have many little warm alcoves where one or two ponies can curl up”
“Sounds comfy!”
>”It is, honestly I feel a little exposed in the huge beds in the even huger rooms around here…”
“That’s nice and all, but if your houses are so small, where do you put your stuff?”
>”We don’t need much “stuff”, in our way of thinking, if you can’t carry all that you hold, then you hold too much”
>”The forest provides us with all we need, when we need it, that’s why we protect it and make it so it can regenerate”
>”We know the creatures of the forest too, they don’t attack us, because we respect them”
>”We spend lots of time tending to them, and to the plants too”
>”Aside from that, we meditate and try to learn from our elders and the Will of Brahma”
>>
>>26801707
>You’re not that knowledgeable about history and legends, but Brahma is the founder of their cult, but also the name of the continent
>From what you know, long ago he was some sort of pacifist demigod who freed all the races from a terrible tyranny
>But instead of embracing peace like Brahma wished, the Will of Brahma, most fought against the tyrant and all his minions
>Disappointed, he became a hermit and the few who followed him became the monks of Brahma, and the forest in which they made their home became known as the Heart of Brahma
”Woah, sounds really cool, but that must be tough, you guys don’t really have a lot of… entertainment, do you?”
>”Indeed, we don’t, but music does-“
>”Hey!” A minotaur guard interrupts the two of you, a stern look on his face
>”I’m putting the owner in jail, he’s been way too compliant to let these fights happen in his place so it’s gonna be closed for tonight”
>”Do you got a place to stay?” he ask
>The other pony patron already left

>What do?
>>
>>26801707
Please disregard the radom "offer" which sneaked in that text
>>
>>26801720
No, but I'm used to sleeping wherever. I'll be fine.
>>
>>26801720
Do you know any place I could stay?
>>
>>26801782
This. We usually set up shop on a small, comfy cloud.
>>
File: bard4.png (291 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard4.png
291 KB, 1000x800
>>26801782
>>26801833
>>26801850
“Nah I don’t, but don’t worry about me, I’m used to sleeping wherever”
“A puffy little cloud is all I need!”
>”Same here, officer” Seed answers “The night is warm enough for me to sleep under the stars
>”I’m afraid it’s a little more complicated than that, you two” he answers
>”There’s been some… unrest at night recently, unrest that unfortunately I and my boys can’t really do anything about…”
“Alright, stop keeping me hanging, what the problem?”
>”There’s a ghost in town”
>The three of you fall silent for a second
“Wait, for real?”
>”It’s very real, and trust me I REALLY wish it wasn’t”
>”We even hired an exorcist and all, but she’s taking her damn sweet time to do the job”
>”At least her warding thing does keep the thing at bay from inside of the houses…”
>The guard points at the doorway and indeed you see a bunch strange marks, softly glowing on the construction wood
“Well… I don’t know what to say, neither of us know anyone in Malba… so…” You shrug
>He sighs and scratches his head for a moment as he ponders
>”Okay, you guys seem honest so I’m willing to let you use this place for free if you check in at my office tomorrow”
>”If that’s not good enough for you, I’m going to let the exorcist take care of you, she’s being housed in a nearby barn at the edge of town and certainly have room for two more”
>”It’s kinda her job to take care of the problems of the ghost after all…”

>What do?
>>
>>26802132
Sounds exciting! We should go see her and see if we can help ghost hunt! We ain't afraid of no ghost!
>>
>>26802132
Where is your office and when do we have to be there by? Is it near the chocolate factory?
>>
>>26802132
I'd like to see her.
>>
>>26802181
>>26802185
>>26802726
“Sounds exciting! Maybe we can help track down that ghost!”
>Winter seed doesn’t seem that happy with the idea, neither does the guard
>”I wouldn’t be so sure about that if I were you, I’m not the kind to be afraid easily but that thing is really scary”
>“But I should probably let Eerie Birch give you the talk about ghost, she’s the expect after all”
“Eerie Birch? The exorcist is a pony?”
>”Yes, she came all the way from Hortensia, twice… Because the ghost came back a month after the first time”
>”And she says it got a lot worst since then and that we have to be careful at night”
>”Anyway, follow me”
>The minotaur guides you outside, and light up a lantern as it is now completely night
>As you progress through the street, you see that indeed nobody’s out and there a strange chill in the air…
>Or maybe it’s just your imagination…
“So, when do we check at your office tomorrow?” You ask him on the way “And is it near the chocolate factory?”
>”Nah, Fair Hero’s factory is at the edge of town while I’m on the town’s square”
>”And since you’re staying with the exorcist, you won’t need to pass at my office”
>You arrive in front of an old red barn, rays of light coming from the inside and your guide knocks on the door
>An Earth pony mare answers, and she looks visibly tired, and angry
>”What the? Have you seen the clock? You shouldn’t be out at this hour!”
>”There was a commotion at the inn” The minotaur calmly answers “These ponies don’t have anywhere to stay, so you’re taking them in”
>”Wait, WHAT? You’re making civilians sleep with me!? What’s next? Stray cats!?”
>”That wasn’t a question, Birch. That wouldn’t have happened if you properly took care of that ghost”
>The earth pony rolls her eyes, lets out a deep annoyed sigh, then gives the two of you a mean look
>>
File: bard5.png (107 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard5.png
107 KB, 1000x800
>>26802976
>”Pff… And now I’m baby-sitting… Fine! Come in, but don’t make any noise!” She tells you as she back goes in
>”Having to work overtime is already enough of a pain like that!”
>Visibly used to the mare’s antics, the minotaur leaves you with a hoof shake
>Inside the barn, there’s… well, hay, lots of it. You think you know what you’re sleeping on tonight
>Eerie Birch is already back on a makeshift bed of hay and seem deeply plunged in the reading of a book
>And this isn’t the only volume around, this exorcist seem to have brought a whole shelf of reference if you judge by the huge piles at each side of her
>She also has a few dried fruits and real nest of blankets where she’s sitting
>The light of three lanterns illuminate the place

>What do?
>>
>>26802988
We should have stayed at the inn. Ask if you can play some music quietly. hearing a tune is always good for the nerves and relaxes you.
>>
>>26802988
Looks kinda cozy.
Does she mind if we play a tune?
Or maybe we could take a look at one of those books instead.
>>
>>26802988
Pester her for information about the ghost.
>>
>>26803059
>>26803079
>>26803159
>You and Winter Seed quietly drop your few possessions and start to lay down on the hay balls
>There’s enough to make the place nice and cosy, you should be able spend a good night
>But what would really make it nice would be…
“H-hey there, ‘mind if I play a little tune?”
>Birch gives you a blood-freezing glare
>”Isn’t that the opposite of “not making any noise” by any chance?”
“C’mon, don’t make it seem like a nice little air is the end of the world…”
“I’m gonna play you a lullaby from the silent plains, it’s going to make you feel like-“
>”NO, THANKS” She cuts you “I have better things to do right now, I’m trying to save a city, do you mind?”
“The ghost, right? What’s the story behind that?”
>”There’s a ghost in town. The people want it away. That’s my job. The end”
“Yeah, I got it… But ghost are not that simple, are they? Don’t they come back because of unachieved desires and things like that?
>*Sigh* “To be honest, you’re right, ghost don’t just pop into reality on their own, and there is always something that keeps them in reality”
>”But as exorcists, we really don’t have time to exhume the past of each family we work for, so we usually just use the equivalent of brute strength to banish troublemakers”
>”But since this one came back, that means what’s keeping it here must be exceptionally powerful, whatever it is, so in that case I’m forced to take the investigator’s route”
>”And right now, I’m here and forced to go through the town’s archives to find clues”
>”I have some leads, but I’m gonna have to do some… field research tomorrow”
>”Now, why don’t you do like your nice and quiet zebra friend and let me work in peace?”
>Winter Seed is indeed asleep already

>What do?
>>
>>26803325
what are your leads, we can go somewhere while you go in another direction tomorrow and we'll tell you what we find so you can save time.
>>
>>26803325
I want to help you. Why? Because it sounds fun.
>>
File: bard6.png (73 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard6.png
73 KB, 1000x800
>>26803348
>>26803357
“So, what are these leads? Maybe I could save you some time and check some of them for you”
>”Sorry, I’m not looking for an assistant right now”
“C’mon, don’t be like that! You job definitely sounds like a lot of fun, there’s gotta be something I can do”
>Finally, Eerie Birch takes her eyes away from her book and look at you
>”Alright, you…”
“Harmony”
>”Harmony, look, there’s making me waste my time, and then there’s putting yourself in danger”
>”I don’t know what you think ghost hunting is about, but let me tell you this one in perticular means business”
>”Listen to me, I’ve got eight successful contracts in my record, which means I’m done calling myself a newbie in my field”
>”But right now, I’m on the verge of giving up and calling someone more competent than me”
>”You better not tell what I just said the Wide Shoulders by the way…”
>Birch stands up and start to undo her bandage, revealing… ugh… something
>”This is the result of five second of inattention from somepony who it is the job to deal with malevolent spirits” Birch tells you, dead serious
>”And if I didn’t have the sheriff install a curfew, there might actually be causalities with this entity”
>”So now, if you can look at me straight in the gut and tell me you want to help, I’ll CONSIDER it, okay?”

>What do?
>>
Thanks a lot for playing, everyone

Reactions, critics of anything are always greately appreciated

See you tomorrow
>>
>>26803819
We should help.
>>
>>26803819
Gnarly.
So, when do we start?
>>
>>26803819
Whoa. What is that? Some kind of ghost scar?
>>
Have a good night bump
>>
>>26805742
>>
ah heck yeah another pleenyquest
>>
>>26803819
I would like to know what happened exactly with that scar. Would we be safe if we did everything during the day in the light?
>>
bumping at 10
>>
>>26809032
>>
page 10 again
>>
pretty fast board today.
>>
File: bard7.png (96 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard7.png
96 KB, 1000x800
“Woah, what the… What the hell is that!? Some kind of ghost scar?”
>”Yes, and it won’t go away as long as that entity won’t be dealt with, that’s how bad it is”
>”So! Now that you finally seem to understand what kind of trouble I‘m facing, maybe you’re finally going to-“
“When to we start?!”
>An impromptu fit of cough shakes Birch at your answer
>But soon enough it is replaced with a strange fit of laughter
>”Wait, Really? Ha! I’m telling you could die and you’re still up for it? You’re insane, bro!”
>”But since you look like the type to keep snooping in my business no matter what I do…”
>She starts to warp up her bandage back on
>”I’m gonna make sure your death won’t be in vain!” She tells you with a big bright smile
“Yes, Finally! You were a tough nut to crack, hun, I’ll give you that! But finally we get to play in the same team!”
>Suddenly, Birch don’t as sure about her decision anymore
“Alright, alright… I’m serious now, how about you tell me more about how exactly did you get those scars?”
>”Well, to put it simply, I didn’t realise my banishment spell had failed immediately”
>”So I was just here packing my stuff and when I looked up… BOO! The thing was on me”
>”Honestly, someone less prepared than me would have got in a lot more trouble than a few scars…”
>”I won’t go into the details, but let’s say this a physical manifestation of the ghost’s energy on my body”
“Damn… But, as long as we walk in the day, there’s nothing to fear, right?”
>”Yes, ghosts like this one literally scare you to death, in plain daylight the mood just isn’t here for that to happen”
>”So unless you choose to lock yourself in a basement, daylight, and even light in general is a good protection”

>What do?
>>
>>26811635
So we need a backup light source. Anything else?
>>
>>26811635
Ask where we start.
>>
>>26811725
>>26811742
“So… We must carry a light source at all time?”
>”If you want, I’ve warded ell houses in town and this barn as well, so we can switch lights off in here”
>”Except for the factory, the thing is just too big… and it probably wouldn’t do much anyway…”
“Huh? What do you mean?”
>”Well… Alright, I’ll start from the beginning”
>Birch sits again, and hands you over the book she was reading earlier, which show a photo of a big square building with many tall chimneys
>”I was called here for the first time a little more than a month ago by Fair Hero, the owner of the chocolate factory”
>”He said his workshops were haunted, so I got to work on it and indeed there was something ill-intended roaming in the halls at night”
>”But it looked like nothing severe at the time, and it was a child’s play to exorcise it”
>”Everyone including me thought my work here was done, so I left”
>”But a month later the guy called me back because the ghost was back and ever roamed the streets now, and he said it was my fault”
>”And two days ago I tried to deal with it again, but… you know… scars and stuff happened…”
“Damn, so what did you do?”
>”Well, first I had to make sure the town was safe, so I warded all the buildings”
>”But at least I got to speak with the townsfolk while I did, and I learned a few interesting things”
>”You know that today, Fair Hero’s factory is really renowned all around the world, right?”
“I know! He’s the one who invented the Smutella, didn’t he?”
>”Yes, oh good, that thing is just cheating in the breakfast contest, I swear…”
>”Anyway, the thing is not everyone liked the idea of a factory around here at first”
>”You see, for minotaurs the products of the soil are very noble, and working by hand in the fields is highly regarded as the most healthy way of living”
>”So using all these big machines? That wasn’t really at the taste of everyone!”
>>
>>26812215
>”Especially the shaman of the village, Lucky Boon, he was so pissed when the town allowed the construction thirty years ago that he just plain left Malba to live alone in the woods”
“Thirty years!? Golly, you really dug far, did you?”
>”See? That’s why we usually don’t do that in our job! It took me forever”
>”Anyway, Fair Hero wasn’t alone in his business, he had an associate, an earth pony mare named Marigold, I’ve met her too”
>”They’re not only business partners, while it’s not official, they basically consider themselves wife and husband”
>”Now, here comes the main bit, so pay attention!”
>”Two month ago, Marigold fell gravely ill”
>”From what I heard, the doctors were speechless, Fair Hero even brought many foreign doctors, but got no results”
>”Her health was rapidly declining, and soon she was on the verge of death”
>”But luckily, someone came out of the woods and proposed a new treatment that finally seemed to work, can you guess who?”
“You mean that Lucky Boon guy?”
>”Precisely, with him at Marigold’s care, her state finally seemed to stabilize”
>”He begged them so stop running the factory because that was what was causing this illness, he said”
>”Marigold was still more dead than alive, so Fair Hero really considered the option”
>”But one day, she was suddenly completely healed. All she had got through seemed like a distant bad memory”
>”Even Lucky Boon was surprised, I’ve heard”
>”And so they didn’t listen to the shaman’s advice, and he simply left once again, the few who saw him told me he was positively furious”
>”That happened one week before Fair Hero hired me…”
>”So in the end, I’ve come up with two theories”
>>
>>26812227
>”First, it’s Lucky Boon who cursed the factory out of spite since everyone refused to listen to him”
>”Second, it’s Fair Hero himself who decided to dive into forbidden power to save his companion, and this ghost is the price to pay”
>Eerie Birch lets out a deep sigh, her story finally over
>”Tomorrow I plan on paying a little visit to Lucky Boon… Any questions?”

>What do?
>>
>>26812242
Is it possible Lucky Boon was behind Marigold's illness? It seems awfully convenient that he was the only one that could help her and that he came back just in time to save her.
>>
>>26812323
Seems like that could be the case. I'd wonder how a hermit even heard she was sick.
>>
>>26812242
30 years of waiting? wouldn't he have done it sooner? my gut tells me fair hero.
>>
>>26812242
I think it was a bit of both
>>
>>26812420
Could've been a plan-b. A shaman is probably a prime suspect for malevolent spirits.
>>
>>26812323
>>26812351
>>26812420
>>26812549
>>26812554
“Wait… That Lucky Boon guy… I’m not buying it, that’s just too convenient!”
“And a lonely hermit still hearing about just Marigold being sick? Hell nah! He’s got to have had his hand in this!”
>”Could be…” Eerie Brich ponders “That would make him a really mean old geezer!”
>”But then how come Marigold could get better without Fair Hero accepting his advice?”
>”He’d have sneaked in their home, poisoned or cursed her, then played the good guy to ultimately have the illness just disappear?”
“Why not? If it was a magic illness, maybe it just wore wore off because he botched it in some way”
>”Ehr… Well, minotaur magic is a mess, actually… so that’s not completely impossible”
>”But that he did have the cure don’t seem that far-fetched either, you know, to put it simply, minotaur magic work if they believe enough in it”
“Hum… But actually, there also something that bothers me with this, isn’t 30 years a bit long?”
“We shouldn’t forget our other leads. You’re damn right, Fair Hero could have brought this upon himself”
>”Well… The problem with that is that he’s my employer right now… Makes it a little delicate for the investigation…”
>”I can’t really go, like “Hey, mister Fair Hero, you’re paying my bills but I really think you summoned a demon or something, care to tell me about it?”
“Hehe… I feel you… But we can’t look past this lead I think”
>”Hum… Well, I’ve yet to find a way to explore the idea, unfortunately…”
>Eerie Brich lets out a big yawn, she looks really tired
>”I think that’s it… That’s where I stand so far”

>What do?
>>
>>26812653
Fair ain't paying us.
>>
>>26812653
>minotaur magic works if they believe enough in it
>Minotaurs are Orks

Yes.
>>
>>26812653
We can poke around
>>
>>26812732
DA BIGGEST
>>
>>26812725
>>26812747
”He’s paying you, but not me! I can poke around his stuff”
>”Well, don’t poke too much! I wouldn’t like you ending up in a bad spot if there’s really occult power at hoof”
“Yes ma’am! Don’t worry, I can fly away as fast as a bolt if I see something nasty”
>“Good, that’s good to hear, don’t put yourself in danger with things you don’t understand!”
>”So tomorrow, you can come with me or have a look at the factory, whichever you prefer”
“Got it”
>“And, hum… Harmony?”
”Hum?”
>Eerie Birch fiddles with her hooves, and seem to have trouble finding her words
>”I wanna say… you know… thanks. For helping me”
>”I mean, even if you’re obviously taking it too lightly and even if I’ll probably have to save your rump a couple of times in the next days… I really appreciate”

>What do?
>>
>>26813107
Say you're welcome. Ask if you can play a little music before bed.
>>
>>26813107
Not a problem Birchy. I couldn't leave someone hanging.
>>
File: bard8.png (555 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard8.png
555 KB, 1000x800
>>26813424
>>26813587
“You’re welcome Birchy, I’m not the type to leave ponies hanging!”
>Let’s just hope she can use a little more diplomacy with Lucky Boon…
>Both of you start to tuck yourselves for the night, although there’s still something you’d like to do
“Mind if I play a little, now?” You ask Birch “It’s gonna help you rest, I swear!”
>To what she answers with an annoyed huff from her nose, but gives you a nod nonetheless
>You whip out your harmonica, and start to play a low, slow tune
>A little lullaby from the Silent Plains, where you’re from
>You can see that Birch appreciate in silence, as an idle smile appear on her face as you play
>In no time, you find her softly snoring in her makeshift bed and you feel like you’ll be doing the same very soon, so you snuff out the lantern
>However, as you’ve made yourself comfortable in the hay, you ears perks up as you hear the wind outside
>There wasn’t any wind today yet there’s gusts crashing on the barn right now… and they carry something
>Strange disembodied moans come from behind the walls…
>You’re not exactly feeling reassured right now

>What do?
>>
That's gonna be it for tonight

Thank you all for playing and see you tomorrow

Once again any comment would be greatly appreciated since this is a new quest

Are the dialogs okay? Is it fun to read? Are the drawings to much of an eyesore to spend time on? I can't really know if you don't tell me...
>>
>>26813884
The building is warded. We should try to sleep.

>>26813917
A little proofreading would help. A few mistakes here and there.
>>
>>26813884
It relies on fear so just ignore it and get some sleep.
>>
>>26813917
Everything seems fine to me other than what >>26813963 said. Also your muzzles could use a bit of work.
>>
blord bump
>>
>>26813917

I like the drawings, they're worthwhile, and the more you do the faster and better you'll do them, and the more worthwhile they'll be.
>>
>>26815468
>>
>>26813917
drawings are fun
>>
>>26816917
>>
morning
>>
get outta here ghost. ponies are trying to sleep.
>>
File: bard9.png (166 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard9.png
166 KB, 1000x800
>>26821109
>>26814344
>>26813963
>No, you must shrug it off!
>Birch told you she warded the place and that fear is the ghost’s fuel, so you’ve got to stop being afraid!
“Get outta here ghost. Ponies are trying to sleep!” You mutter to yourself as you roll to the side
>You cover your ears and try to sleep despite the scary voice outside, repeating in your head that there is nothing to be afraid of
>And eventually… it works!
>Indeed, after some time, the screeching of the wind and the moaning just plain stop altogether
>You let out a relieved sigh and peacefully drift off to sleep soon after
>…
>The next day, you wake up with rays of sunlight on your face, poking through the wood planks of the barn
>You dizzily raise your head to see that Winter Seed is already up, and is munching some of the hay he’s sitting on while contemplating a piece on papyrus
>On the other side, Birch is still sound asleep, a little trail of saliva coming from her mouth while she hugs her blanket
“Morning, Winter” You whisper “Not as good as your dorm tree, was it?”
>”Worry not, I usually find sleep easily, although I think I had some troubled dreams tonight… There really is something unsettling in the air around here…”
“Yep, good thing I and Birch are gonna take care of it!” You beam
>”Oh? She agreed to let you help?”
“Sure she did! Wanna tag along for the ghost hunt, Winty?”
>”Oh, I would, but I don’t really see what I can do to help, let me know if you need anything though”
“Alright, I’ll keep that in mind… So, now you’re going to get on your errand, right? Where are you going to find all these seeds on your list?”
>”Well, first I’m probably going to ask around to the locals farmers”
>”Some of them may accept to donate a small sample of their crops to my order”
>>
>>26822794
>”I have good hope he’ll be willing to spare some seeds for my cause”
>Interesting, maybe you could tag along if you’d like to see the factory, accompanying him might be a good cover
>You could also wait for Eerie Birch to wake up and go with her to interrogate the shaman

>What do?
>>
>>26822801
We wouldn't know what we're looking for if we go to the factory without talking to Birch. I wonder if the shaman has any of the seeds he's looking for.
>>
>>26822801
we can go now and meet her at the shamans. I don't think she'll wake up for awhile.
>>
>>26822801
We could always both if she's willing to wait a little.
>>
>>26822845
This is probably the safer bet. I'd rather not have her wake up, find us gone, and think we weren't serious about helping.
>>
>>26822940
after all that convincing it took to have her accept our help? No, she wouldn't think we weren't serious about helping until she hasn't seen us for a day or two.
>>
>>26822845
>>26822847
>>26822893
>>26822940
>>26822980
“Why don’t you come with us at the shamans’?” You offer “Maybe he’s got some seeds for you!”
>”The shaman?”
>Oh, right… Winter was already sleeping when Birch told you about everything
>You proceed to give the zebra a quick sum up on what happened in Mabla recently, and who is Lucky Boon
>”So he’s a suspect?” Winter comments once you’re done “I’m not sure it’s a good idea for me to ask him anything if you plan on questioning him”
“Nah, on the contrary! That’ll make him comfortable before we ask him any real question”
>”Oh, I see what you mean. In that case, why not?”
“Good! But…” You glance at the still sleeping form of Birch “Maybe we can have the time to go check the factory first”
“I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for, but a first peek can’t hurt!”
>”Hum, I’ve heard Fair Hero is very busy anyway, I’ll probably have to take an appointment first before I can actually see him”
>”It shouldn’t take long this time”
“Okay, but… on second thought… it would really be tough if Birch woke up to find herself alone”
“She seems to hardly trust me, so I’d hate to screw it up with her…”
>”I understand, I’ll be going alone, then”
>The zebra leave quietly, letting you alone with a snoring Eerie Birch
>You enjoy the relative silence of the morning for a moment
>A ghost hunt…
>That wasn’t really what you expected to as a bard, but that make for silly stories like the ones your grandpa’ used to tell you
>Or maybe you can write a song about this when it’s all over
>After a moment, the grumbling of Birch seem to transform into something more coherent
>”Mornglrb… Yawnony” She lazily greets you
>You can tell she’s not a morning pony…
>But some hay and a little combing later, she seem a little more awake
>>
File: bard10.png (155 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard10.png
155 KB, 1000x800
>>26823291
>And when Winter Seed comes back, with his appointment in his pocket, the three of you are ready to go visit that Lucky Boon guy
>He lives quite far away, and after twenty minutes of walking in the grassland, you finally can seea rough wooden hut in a lonely thicket
>”Alright, let me do the talking, you two!” Eerie Birch beams as she start to approach the door

>What do?
>>
>>26823308
Can we ask for seeds first?
>>
>>26823291
Let's play an happy tune as we fly alongside her to the shaman.
>>
>>26823308
Start with the seeds.
>>
>>26823328
Shit. Still! Be ready to speed draw harmonica, just in case.
>>
File: bard11.png (108 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard11.png
108 KB, 1000x800
>>26823323
>>26823328
>>26823332
>>26823345
>Eerie Birch knocks on the wonky wooden door
>And it doesn’t take long for someone to open
>A minotaur, whose old age shows by his white beard and bald head stands in front of you
>He still seem to be going strong, thought, if you judge by his body
>”What? Ponies? What the hell is this about?”
>”Alright” Birch start “Listen here you-“
“Hi!” You cut her “We were wondering if you had some seeds for our friend here!”
>If Birch’s eyes could glare daggers, you’d just have been pierced a hundred times right now
>However, Lucky Boon seem more focussed on Winter Seed, and a huge grin illuminates his old face
>”Hey! You’re a Monk of Brahma, aren’t you? What a wonderful surprise!”
>”I really dig you guys’ teachings, I’d be really glad to help you, friend! What do you need?”
>”Well… Among other things, masticornia, culpurine and dragon vine, if you have any of those…”
>”These are the ones I really don’t think I can find in any market”
>”Masticornia, culpurine… dragon vine… hum… I haven’t used any of these in a while, I’ll need to check my drawers”
>”But don’t stay at the door, come on in! All of you! You’re my guests!”
>You all politely oblige and enter the old minotaur’s home
>It’s a little bit cramped for three ponies, and it doesn’t help that the place is in a complete mess
>You manage to find a clean place on the ground to sit while Lucky Boon is rummaging through several drawers, humming a happy tune

>What do?
>>
>>26823790
Start playing some music along with his singing. Let's also ask how he's been lately. Does the ghost never come by here?
>>
>>26823790
Check our surroundings.
>>
File: bard12.png (95 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard12.png
95 KB, 1000x800
>>26823850
>>26823851
“Woah! That’s a nice place you have mister, the days here must be sweet as honey”
>”Thanks, little pony! And yes you’re right, time passes like a steady river around here, I think I have found my place in the great order of things living that way”
”But… Don’t you get any ghost problem around here?”
>”Me? Bwahaha! Of course not! I live a virtuous life, I’ve got nothing to fear about angry spirits!”
>”Maybe I should check the town, though… I mean, ghosts can be dangerous…”
>”It’s alright!” Birch interjects “They hired a very talented wizard I heard, they’re in good hooves...”
>”They are? Humph… If you say so…”
>”But If only these fools listened to me, they wouldn’t have had any problem to begin with!”
>”That damn factory is an insult to our noble ways of living, no wonder it angers the spirits!”
>”Surely you think the same, mister monk of Brahma?”
>”Hum, yes!” Winter replies “Of course it’s not something really… healthy”
>Silence falls again in the room, and you decide to accompany the humming of the shaman with you harmonica
>You always liked to do improvs!
>While you do so, you decide to look around in search of anything worthy of attention
>There’s little, though, dried plants and strange flasks are a good half of the shaman’s possessions, and you almost recognize nothing at all
>The only two things which really catch your attention are a strange box under the bed inside which you can see several pointy metal things
>And there’s also… yuck… a dead tit on a shelf… near a pile of dried berries you don’t recognize
>”Masticornia, and dragon vine! Here you go my friend!” Lucky Boon triumphantly announces as he hands two little pouches to Winter Seed
>”In the name of Brahma, I thank you, Lucky Boon, you’ve really helped me a lot” Winter says with a bow
>”It’s okay, friend, I’m all out of culpurine, though…”
>>
>>26824286
>”But it isn’t that hard to find, if my memory serves, there’s a spot fifteen minutes away from here, I can show you the way if you want”

>What do?
>>
That's gonna be all for tonight

Thanks to everyone who played an see you tomorrow
>>
>>26824294
if it angered the spirits so much why'd it take them so long to do something about it? can we wait here?
>>
>>26824286
Say that the ghost disturbed our sleep last night and ask if we and Birch can rest while here while they get the culpurine.
>>
page 10 bump
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.