[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this what happened to /mlp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: 1456731099254.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
1456731099254.png
20 KB, 596x892
Is this what happened to /mlp/?
>>
>>26810037
It's not wrong, but the "original" way of discussing things didn't really last long. After the first year or so, people were complaining about generals and the serialization of content
>>
>>26810037

one of these pictures shows how imagesboards are really used, the other is a fantasy
>>
>>26810037
No, the problem with generals is the fact that there are too many of them and regular threads can't keep up, but removing them wouldn't magically make content appear, all it would do is make shitposting last longer and take the space generals are currently covering, if both shitposting and generals were removed /mlp/ would just be dead, to further support my statement i suggest checking the catalog and see how many shitty threads die with less than 10 replies, that happens because unless a thread is really good its going to get buried quickly by the generals and die before it can further develop itself, so as cancerous and chaotic some generals can be they still indirectly help with that
>>
>>26810112
Then why not just get rid of /mlp/ entirely? Everyone else can move to ponychan.
>>
>>26810176
If you want to "fix" /mlp/ all you need to do is make more content, deleting shit will not improve anything and personal vendettas are retarded
>>
Isn't the way to fix /mlp/ is to return to the state it was before The Scruffening?
>>
>>26810037
I never considered talking to be content, especially not something said by mentally challenged teenagers which used to browse reddit, r9k, soc, s4s and /b/.

The only boards that I consider to produce genuine content are: /diy/, /tg/, /out/, /ani/.
>>
>>26810280
Could you give examples of what you mean?
>>
Don't forget this place has been a containment board from the start. It was made for us because pone caused several civil wars on /b/. We were still surprised at ourselves for being a bunch of grown men obsessed with mlp, and most of us kept our power levels hidden, so this was the one place we could talk about it, and laugh at ourselves a little. The fandom itself was small enough that dramawhores like PurpleTinker and MandoPedo could be sources of amusement. Then Faust showed up, followed by the Scruffening. But many left the ride after S3 gave us a short, weak season culminating with the Twilicorn. The magic kind of died, and people moved on.

Hell, it's been long enough that many of the pone obsessed young men who joked about being foreveralone are now married with kids of their own. They're not hanging here arguing about whether or not AJ or RD is worst pone. They have become filthy casuals if pone is even still a part of their lives.

So who's left? Wizards, autists, newfags and a handful of holdouts for whom the ride never ends. Five years is a longfuckingtime for grown men to sit around talking about a show for little girls. It's really old meme by now.
>>
>>26810283
You actually do sound like someone who belongs there
>>
>>26810037
Yeah, I'd say that's fairly accurate. But the board is about survival of the fittest. Or the most bumped.
>>
>>26810338
But we're not animals.
>>
File: 1454344962537.jpg (195 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1454344962537.jpg
195 KB, 500x484
>>26810318
Sadly this tbqh senpai
>>
File: Derpy.jpg (12 KB, 314x161) Image search: [Google]
Derpy.jpg
12 KB, 314x161
>>26811216
I'm not at all sad. If you had told me seven years ago I was going to draw as much pleasure as I have from My Little Fucking Pony I would have laughed my ass off. But Faust did a great job, and I felt the magic. Nothing lasts forever, so it didn't kill me that the magic died in S3. I still couldn't get off the ride entirely. And I appreciated the bone they threw those of us who stuck around with Slice of Life. I agree with everyone who says that episode never should have been made, but that doesn't alter the fact that I've watched it probably 20 times. And I'm gonna watch S6 out of a sense of nostalgia, and come here to post about the episodes for the same reason. The same way you'll listen to new music your favorite artist puts out even if it isn't as good as their earlier work.

Because at the end of the day pone hit this grown-ass man in a place he didn't even know he had. While I may not like what's happened to Equestria over the last few years I can't leave it entirely behind just yet. I'm not sad. If anything I'm still kinda amazed this whole crazy thing happened in the first place.
>>
>>26810037
>>26810037
I've been here since the very beginning and I still don't frequent any general. I just absolutely hate circlejerking of any kind.
>>
>>26811561
I definitely know how you feel. I remember back when I joined when everything felt new and fresh. I became obsessed with the stuff that Alex S. and The Living Tombstone put out. I was really excited about all the episodes and enjoyed discussing them at length. But now the magic is pretty much gone. I have never been less hyped about a season premiere than I am now. Sure, I'm still hoping for the best, but I don't think S6 will be up to snuff with the other seasons. If they somehow manage to make it even worse than S3, I'll seriously consider leaving the ride.

I really enjoyed Crusaders of the Lost Mark, but that was written by a writer who's no longer writing for the show. All of my favorite episodes from S5 were written by either Larson or Amy and they're both not writing for S6. If all we're left with are the new writers, then the future looks grim indeed. I'm not looking forward to a season where fucking Josh Haber turns out to be the best writer. I'm calling it now, S6 will be the season of mediocrity, possibly even more so than S3.
>>
>>26811561
Why did the magic have to leave? Sometimes I wish I could discover pony again and relive the energy and excitement of discovering something new. However I know that I will carry this journey with me for the rest of my life, this whole experience is something that I wiill never forget.

>>26811959
I have a little bit of faith. It cant be all bad.Right?
>>
>>26811959
>If they somehow manage to make it even worse than S3, I'll seriously consider leaving the ride.
I've had one foot off for a while, but then a good moment will suck me back in. I think of it like this: by the time S6 ends we will have been on this ride for six fucking years. That's an implausibly long time for thousands of grown men to be seriously excited about each new episode of My Little Pony. I mean, fuck, Faust got off after one season, and she's the one who MADE the fucking ride!

If S6 is lame I'm done, and no regrets. No fucks given. I wasn't supposed to be on this ride in the first place.
>>
>>26812118
Different anon, but I thought I'd say my mind.
The magic isn't entirely gone. Season 5, in my opinion, was the best yet. Season 6 is shaping up to be one of the weaker ones, but they'll still find ways to make us laugh, to make us smile.
The ride is lasting until 2019 at the absolute soonest, and the show directors say it'll continue as long as pony is successful.
>>
>>26810318
>>26811561
>>26811959
I hate you !
I hate you for beeing so close to the truth !

>>26812138
Internet starts something like 1990.
So, 26 years ago.
MLP FiM is here since 6 years.

More than 20% of the mother fucking lifetime of the whole internet have know the ponies as we prise and love !

I don't know any autistic thing that lasts for that long amount of time...

Do I still want it ?
Kinda, yes.

Do I wait for S6 ?
Hell, I didn't finish S5 yet...

Will S6 be good ?
I don't care. Good or bad, it will still brings some stuff we can deal with.

/mlp is non productive ?
Just look at "Anon's Pie Adventure", you will see we produce still more than other boards.
>>
>>26812118
>Why did the magic have to leave?
Magic happens in a moment. We fell under a spell that wasn't even meant for us, and look at all the moments we got out of it! When those moments come to an end we'll just be among the thousands and thousands of men who walk away from it with something really unlikely and pretty fucking special: a little piece of Equestria in our hearts.
>>
File: popcorn.gif (197 KB, 293x199) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
197 KB, 293x199
>discussion happening
threads like this is why i put zero stock in people who say discussions never happen anymore.

this isnt even a rare occurrence. pose a legit question and youll likely get a discussion out of it.
>>
>>26812177
I am still hopeful for the future, I was beeing too cynical there. I still love this show and the characters, there is a huge amount of other content outside of the show. I'll still be here to the end, and as I said this has been a big event in my life, I'm glad I was pulled in by the show and the music

>>26812278
Exactly, we will all look back at these moments we shared together with a smile. An amazing experience we will carry with us till the end
>>
>>26812284
Generally, people who say there's no discussion are people who just don't want to try, and just want to stick to generals
>>
>>26810318
>Hell, it's been long enough that many of the pone obsessed young men who joked about being foreveralone are now married with kids of their own
And still, here I am masturbating to horses five times a day.
>>
>>26811959
>where fucking Josh Haber turns out to be the best writer
But it won't be like that, because Nick Confalone will be that one. If Hearthbreakers is any indication, he can improve, and write a really decent episode
>>
>>26812138
>thousands
Millions, actually. I don't know if the Brony Census guys are still doing their thing, but I distinctly remember a number above one million when they put out the second one they did.
>>
>>26812377
>we will all look back at these moments we shared together with a smile
All these years later and I still have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that it happened at all.
>>26812409
I was doing that before the show.
>>26812447
That's a lot dudes into pone.
>>
>>26810037
Well, yeah. It's an entire board given over to a single show. Of course left occured.
>>
>>26812631
It really was a unique event wasn't it? The actions of a few people changed the internet forever, they created one of the largest subcultures in 4chans history. Do you think pony would have exploded if the mods didn't ban it? Something like this will never happen again, I'm glad it was pony that was given the treatment.
>>
https://desustorage.org/mlp/thread/2/

If you look at the first thread lots of people were doubtful of this board. If people can look back to the good days of /mlp/ then I think this board has been a success. 2013 was pretty harsh though, but we are still chugging along at our own pace
>>
>>26812772
It was surprising that it happened, but not a surprise it happened here. /b/ grew out of Caturday, raids and CP shitstorms and into Anonymous and the MLP fandom. That was some shit to see go down. Though for me pone is still the strangest bit.
>>
File: origin.png (841 KB, 624x5000) Image search: [Google]
origin.png
841 KB, 624x5000
>>26812772
MLP became the forbidden fruit. Everyone had to take a side.
And you know what they say--there's no such thing as bad publicity. FNAF's fandom is one of the most reviled on the internet, but you can't deny it got very popular.
We built this ride with our own blood and tears, anon, and I wouldn't give it up for the world.
Here's to all the autism, all the spaghetti, and all the fun.
>>
>>26813114
>as long as you don't dream to be a pony, youre okay

Oh.. okay.
>>
>>26813964
My fave was:
"Jesus. Fuck. It's like cocaine."
>>
>>26814047
"why did i get boner from watching this wtf is wrong with me." is also pretty good

Also that guy who wrote the scat and waterspot, first written lewd for FIM?
>>
>>26814236
most likely
>>
>>26814297
It had to be scat, everything else is too vanilla
>>
>>26814352
Makes sense, though. You can tell where horses have been by the sight of horseshit and the smell of their piss. Imagine what Ponyville REALLY smells like...
>>
>>26814404
It would be pretty shit if it actually smelt like that, I wouldn't want to be the pony with the poop scooping cutie mark

Also nice 404
>>
>>26814446
How could a town full of horses not smell awful? There's a reason why houses in towns that used to have horses in the streets used to have the entrances up a flight of stairs - to get some distance between the front door and the horse excrement.
>>
>>26810037
Discussion
Discussion
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.