[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Pony - Power Ponies CYOA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 4
File: Super crew.png (455 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Super crew.png
455 KB, 800x800
Best/Worst Pony Edition
>Oh look, another text-based CYOA, what's with this one?
Glad you asked.

Welcome to Super Pony, a CYOA taking place in Maretropolis, a city where the forces of good and evil are at a constant struggle.
You play as Easy Ride, also known as Road Rage, and this is your quest to get back at Boomerang for sending you to prison and subsequently ruining your life.

Catch up on this and other CYOAs here:
http://anonpone.com/capeshit

Inventory:
http://pastebin.com/DF5XiQqi
Last time:
>Ran into some trouble on the way home
>Shook them off at a mostly abandoned warehouse
>Got into a fight
>Stole one of their utility belts
>Found out they had bugged your motorcycle
>Destroyed the bugs and the belt.
>Took everything useful
>Rushed home
>>
>>26794029
>Gunning your motorcycle, you quickly reach the garage.
>You keep your eyes on a swivel, looking around for any more supers following you.
>Thankfully, you reach the hideout without being stopped again.
>Two-bit stands at the entrance of the garage, and upon seeing you, holds out his hoof to stop you.
>You kill the engine and tilt your head in a questioning manner.
“What gives?”
>Without saying anything, he casts his eyes around to the rooftops surrounding the alley, eyes peeled for any supers.
>He waves you inside and you walk your bike in, the garage door shutting just behind you.
>You and Voltage get off the bike, Two-bit trotting in front of you.
>Storm, Ice, and Tinker trot up, falling in beside Two-bit.
>“What’s going on?” Voltage asks.
>”You two and Ice were on the news, I had to be sure nopony was following you.”
“Sludge?”
>”Yep, that little thingwe pulled?” Ice says, “Those kids went to the news, apparently.”
“Figures.”
>”But if the story was about the good thing we did, how come those supers were still after us?” Voltage asks.
“Like I said, I’m not exactly welcome here.”
>”Easy’s right, Volt,” Two-bit says, “Apparently Boomerang’s little vendetta against you is still going strong. She had a segment about how you deserve nothing more than to rot in the asylum and how the first pony to bring you in gets to be her sidekick.”
“Boomerang taking on a sidekick?”
>”Everypony else’s just as shocked about it too.”
“Great, fan-fucking-tastic.”
>Ice speaks up.
>“Before we get too panicked, what’s the plan? How do we deal with this?”
>>
>>26794031
Damn it I don't know.
>>
>>26794052
>With all eyes turned to you, you glance back and forth between them, your heart quickening.
>But with your heart beating so quickly, you just don’t know what to do.
“Damn it, I don’t know.”
>You look away.
>Tinker puts a hoof on your back, trying to comfort you, but doesn’t go any further than that.
>Two-bit steps forward, taking charge.
>”Alright, here’s what we do know. Everypony here except for Tinker has been out on a job with Easy at least once. The relation to me was long ago on a small job, I’m not sure how relevant that will still be.”
>”Should we take the chance?” Ice asks.
>”I don’t think so, if we could help it. I don’t expect you all to stay inside until this blows over, but if you do go out, be careful. Tinker, you’re on shopping duty. Groceries, supplies, anything we need, I’ll give you my contacts if we need anything else. We’re low on food, you’ll probably need to head out today or tomorrow.”
>”Okay, Two-bit.”
>”And nothing extra this time. Anything not on the list, you run by me, understand?”
>”Y-yeah.”
>”Good. Voltage, Storm, if you plan on going out, don’t do it in costume. And for the love of Pete, all of you, make sure you’re not followed when you come back. We don’t need wannabe Boomerangs rammed down our throat, and I doubt Bottom Dollar would miss the opportunity to pay me a visit if he had the chance.”
>Storm salutes and Volt nods in understanding.
>”And Easy. I know it’s tough, but you’re going to need to do something to get rid of this damn rope around your neck. You can't keep running forever.”
>Storm speaks up.
>”Yeah, I’d hate to see you spend all day moping around like Icy here.”
>Ice shoots Storm a glance and Storm rubs the back of her neck. “No offense.”
"But what the hell could I do?"
>"I... I don't know, just keep a look out. Something might come up."
>Voltage turns to you.
>”So, I guess this means we can’t go work out in the mornings after all, huh?”
>>
>>26794235
I guess not. Damn it things were going so well too!
>>
>>26794254
“I guess not. Dammit, things were going so well too…”
>Voltage sighs.
>”Yeah, I guess I was kind of looking forward to it. Maybe not the running bit, but the working on the powers part.”
“Guess it really was just a pipe dream,” you say, ears sagging.
>Storm raises a hoof.
>”Hey, I’ve got an idea, why don’t we just lay the hurt on this Boomerang bitch? That’d be sure to make her leave us alone!”
>”If only it were that simple,” Two-bit says. “She’s one of the most popular heroes in this city. It might even make it worse.”
“Damn it all, what the hell do I do?”
>Two-bit ruffles your mane a bit, then puts his hoof down.
>”Just be careful, okay? For both your sake and ours.”
>With that, the crowd around you disperses, only Voltage and Tinker staying by you.
>Tinker still has a hoof laid on your withers, but you retain your defeated position, ears folded back and shoulders sagging.
>Hey, do you want to work on something for old time’s sake? Would that help you feel better?”
>>
>>26794235
We should show Tinker the stuff we got from the supers. Maybe the tracking device can be of some use.
>>
>>26794348
I don't even know at this point.
>>
>>26794348
Responded to the wrong post: >>26794350
>>
>>26794348
We should go back to our plan of hunting down where boomerang live with our new "borrowed" toys
>>
>>26794442
Nigga no
>>
>>26794442
As much as I'd love to continue the revenge plot it'd only bring more heat. Going on the offensive is a decent idea though. If we can figure out some way to make that sidekick spot less attractive than we'd have more breathing room.
>>
>>26794350
>>26794370
>>26794427
>>26794442
>>26794450
>>26794507
>Your mind goes back to your original plan. Maybe Storm’s plan was right. Maybe you should find her first.
>But you quickly shut that plan away. Like Two-bit said, it could just as easily make it worse.
>Maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to go on the offensive though.
“I don’t even know at this point.”
>Tinker sighs, rubbing his hoof in circles on your back.
>”Come on, you can at least try.”
>You nod and follow him into the work area, Voltage going off to relax on the couch.
>Two-bit sits down, handing you a welding mask, which you put on.
>”So, what do you want to work on?”
>You dig through your saddlebags, eventually coming to your new tracker, which you hoof to Tinker.
“Any idea how this works?”
>He presses the button, causing the screen to light up.
>”Seems like a tracking device. You wouldn’t happen to have the bugs, would you?”
“I was worried they could be activated remotely, so I torched ‘em. Was that a bad thing?”
>He takes a screwdriver to the device, popping it open.
>”I would be lying if I said I was really good at programming. Especially this kind of stuff. I’ve never made a tracking device before, and not having one for reference makes it tricky.”
“Can you try?”
>He pulls out a circuit board, wires still hanging from it.
>”I could mess with it for a while. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though, unless you somehow know computers on top of mechanical stuff. Maybe you could try to make me the shell of a bug or something?”
>Truth be told, you don’t know if you could make something that fine. It’s one thing to solder a bike frame together, it’s another entirely to work with metal on that small of a scale.
>Maybe it would be worth a shot though? Anything you’d like to talk to Tinker about while you work?
>>
>>26794583
I knew I should have told those damn kids to keep their mouths shut. Now I'm stuck bumming around here again.
The freedom was nice while it lasted I guess.
>>
>>26794583
Let's try. Trying to solder something precisely is good training
>>
>>26794583
Guess we could talk about our life a bit, we could bring up our childhood.
>>
>>26794583
It was still able to track those supers we got it from. They will most likely have spare supplies at their base along with all the other stuff good guys seem to be able to afford.
>>
>>26794507
>make that sidekick spot less attractive
Ya know the only thing I can think of to do this would be to make our self-something that no one wants to mess with.

Perhaps we can do some stuff for higher-ups in the crime world.
We are a target at the moment for supers but at the same time, we probably have some kind of name for being a bit of a badass or something.
Maybe our bad guy rep can get us some jobs with organized crime and we can get some protection until we can build our self up or get our own gang started.
>>
>>26794709
That could draw the attention of more dangerous supers though. I was thinking of making ourself more intimidating to the small-fry that would be interested in that sidekick offer. My idea was to start turning the tables and harassing the supers that come after us. Raiding their bases and stuff wouldn't get us much publicity and it'd get us more stuff and it'd send a message to the weaker ones that we're to much for them.
>>
>>26794769
I am ashamed at my poor grammar.
>>
>niggas trying to provoke supers
>>
>>26794818
I don't see you making a plan with all this shit that just happen
>>
>>26794838
Not further agitate the loads of supers regardless of their stature? That sounds pretty good to me.
>>
>>26794769
I see what you're getting at but I think messing with the small fry heroes would only drive a crusade to get the bigger heroes on us.

Besides I think getting into a good position within the mob would also do a good job at not only intimidating small-frys but also getting major supers off our back.
Sure we might have to deal with heavy hitters at some point but the protection we would get for the most part would keep us in a good spot and building up favors is always nice.

Hopefully, we'd be more powerful by the time we get some major players come after us and we'd be able to fend them off. Along with some awesome minions from the mob.
>>
>>26794624
>>26794639
>>26794651
>>26794654
“Let’s try, no harm in that, at least.”
>He nods and gets to work, you doing the same.
>You grab a marker and begin marking a pattern on a sheet of metal while Tink grabs a circuit board and wires from a pile.
“You know, I knew I should have told those kids to keep their mouths shut. Ah well, it was nice to enjoy my freedom while it lasted.”
>Tinker slumps too, looking at his soldering.
>”It could be worse, right? You’re still free, technically.”
“Yeah. I just don’t like the idea of bumming around here.”
>You tap your hoof to your chin, getting an idea.
“Say, even if this doesn’t work out, the device still tracks the supers. It might even lead us to their hideout if they’re not careful.”
>”That’s not a bad idea, Easy. Maybe we could nab some of that expensive stuff that supers always seem to have. That of course hinges on them not being able to turn it off.”
“Fair point, I guess. No harm in trying.”
>”Right.”
>The two of you fall into silence, just working on your respective tasks.
>You try to take your concentrated flame to the metal, recreating the tracking device from memory, but you can’t quite get it down.
>More than once, you make it just too hot, deforming the metal or collapsing the hollow shell of the bug in on itself.
>You come up with a few very sloppy looking trackers. You don’t know if they’ll work.
>As you begin on another one, you decide to bring up the topic of your foalhood.
(cont)
>>
>>26794864
“Hey Tink, what was it like when you were a goal?”
>”Me? Well, there’s not much of a story there, honestly. My dad was a mechanic and he wanted me to work in the shop too. I wasn’t the greatest at anything and my family didn’t have much money.”
>He sets his tools down.
>”I took whatever I wanted. That’s just how it was. If you wanted something, you took it. I even stole from my parents. A few years ago, I was still living with them, and they got sick of it and called the police on me.”
>He sighs, “So I ran away from home, had to live on the streets. Tried to scrape together some money by building stuff and using that stuff to steal more stuff, but it was really Two-bit who saved my life. Nothing really tragic or edgy that you've probably expected from this town, but that’s me.”
>He looks to you, flipping his mask up.
>”So what about you? What was your home life like?”
>>
>>26794880
>goal
fug
>>
>>26794880
Are we making a backstory now?
>>
>>26794880
I miss mom.
>>
>>26794905
That was the intention.
>>
>>26794908
We need to visit her at some point with flowers
>>
>>26794880
Dad was a good guy but was never really there because he had to work a lot that ruined his marriage, along with drinking but he was a fun drunk so I never notice.

He spoiled me even thought we didn't have much money and the quality time we did spend together was around motorcycles and engines.

I think I got my mom's personality. She was a don't take shit, bad bitch, too but more lady like.
>>
>>26795006
sounds good to me
>>
>>26794908
>>26794984
>>26795006
>>26795019
“I was mostly my father’s foal, but he was always either drunk or working. Usually both. He was a fun drunk though, so I didn’t mind much. My mom did mind, which led a messy divorce later.”
>You sigh as the memories run through your head.
“Even though we didn’t have a lot of money, he spoiled me, and the two of us spent a lot of quality time around engines and motorcycles, and that was most of my early childhood.”
>”You said something about a divorce?”
“Yeah. After the divorce, my mom got full custody. I think my dad’s drinking habits had a lot to do with it. Then my dad eventually moved out of town with work, so I haven’t seen him in a long time.”
>You run a hoof across your jacket, the leather brushing against your fur.
“I think I got my mom’s personality. She didn’t take shit from anypony. With just me and her, she had to work most of the time. We moved into a much smaller apartment, and with no one at home I spent a lot of time on the streets.”
>”Oh.”
“It wasn’t bad. In fact, I should really thank her, since growing up on the streets of Maretropolis didn’t leave a pony a pushover.”
>You sigh.
“I miss Mom. The last time I saw her, she visited me in jail. Hell, we laughed together when I told her how I ended up there. That was months ago, I can only imagine what I’ve put her through…”
>You hang your head in shame, only for Tinker to sit down right in front of you.
>”So what are you going to do about it?”
“I want to see her again, but I don’t know if I could.”
>”I mean, if you do miss her, don’t you owe it to yourself, even if it is a big risk?”
“This coming from the pony who ran away from home?”
>”That’s different. I was kicked out, practically disowned. You want to go back.”
Feel free to change any of this if you don't like it.
>>
>>26795198
I don't know, and I don't know what she'll think of me either. Just give me a few minutes okay?
>>
>>26795198
Actually, I kinda feel like we should risk it. Seeing family is probably going to boost our mood considerably
>>
>>26795198
We should focus on undoing some of the bad reputation before we see her again. Make the public more confused about whether we're good or evil.
>>
>>26795198
She is likely being monitored by supers just in case. We can't go see her until the heat goes down anyway
>>
>>26795198
I wouldn't be surprised if she was punching out half the town in support of us.

She probably thinks that whatever happened, there must have been some reason for it....not to say that she thinks we could do no wrong.
>>
>>26795275
>>26795284
>>26795308
>>26795322
>>26795384
“I don’t know, and I don’t know what she’ll think of me either.”
>Tinker only nods.
“Sorry, could you give me a few minutes?”
>”Yeah, take all the time you need.”
>You take off the mask and curl up on the ground.
>You thought you drove off the emptiness in the pit of your stomach, but with supers after you once again, you don’t feel as confident as you had just a few days ago.
>Maybe seeing family would be just what you need to feel better.
>But you really don’t know how she’ll react.
>Actually knowing your mom, maybe she’s out punching half the neighborhood in support of you.
>You bet that those foals’ story may have told her that you’re not an entirely bad pony.
>You’re also worried that your mom might be monitored by supers or police.
>Eventually, you decide that you need to work on your reputation a little bit more before you can bring yourself to face her.
>Not that you could do it right now anyway
>Nodding, you rise again and return to your work.
>In silence, you get back to working with the metal.
>Tinker doesn’t try to make conversation with you, giving you some space.
>Do you want to talk to him about anything else?
>>
>>26795524
No, just want some peace.
>>
>>26795524
We found a new orb as well as some ball things.
>>
Ya know something is bothering me. Why would boomerang send a bunch of low-level heroes after us if she thinks we're a killer who can take out a higher level hero.

Isn't using noobies as cannon fodder the opposite of not putting ponies in danger. Other than just wanting more eyes out for us something doesn't quite add up to me.
>>
>>26795524
I kinda want to ask him why he was/is into us in the first place.

I figured we'd be kind of too hot handle to for most ponies.
>>
>>26795559
>>26795570
>>26795602
>>26795673

>After taking a few more minutes to yourself, you approach Tinker.
“Hey, I found a new orb, as well as some ball things.”
>You place on them on the table and he looks them over.
>”While I don’t know what these little balls are, the powder in them looks to be more up your alley than mine.”
“What’s that mean?”
>”Some kind of explosive, I guess. I don’t know what the colors mean.”
“And the orb?”
>He picks it up and examines it.
>”Stealth orb. It’s another one of those rare ones. What was the pony using it for?”
“The super could turn invisible, could that have to do with it?”
>”I’d say so. There’s a good deal left in the orb, but I don’t know if it can really turn a pony invisible. I’d have to try it out to be sure.”
>You take it back, placing it on the table.
“Maybe later, but something’s bothering me. Why would Boomerang send a bunch of novices at me anyway? If she believes I’m a murderer, why use noobies as cannon fodder?”
>”It would get practically the whole city looking out for you.”
“Yeah, but more than that. It’s like the opposite of protecting ponies.”
>”I don’t know. She seemed really pissed during the news broadcast. In fact, I believe she called you a ‘murderous psychopath’ who ‘needs to be brought down at any cost.’ Personally, I thought she looked a little obsessed. Since you left, she’s changed like everything about herself to be one hundred percent about fighting you. Fireproof netting, wire, rope, outfit, water cannons. She wants you, that’s for sure.”
“Sounds like she’s the one who needs a little stay at the asylum.”
>”Heh, you’re telling me.”
(cont.)
>>
>>26795849
“By the way, I’ve been meaning to ask you. Why were you into me in the first place?”
>”Hmm?”
“Just figured I’d be too hot to handle for most ponies.”
>He gives a nervous grin.
>”Oh, well, you kinda got that bad mare thing going on, what with the jacket and the hairstyle. Plus, you’re a mechanic, I’m kind of a mechanic, and the news kind of showed you as this new wonder-villain who had the guts to knock Boomerang down and then try to press changes on her over it. It feels really really weird talking about it now, but yeah, I guess I was a little obsessed.”
“That’s to say the least,” you mutter under your breath.
>”I don’t want to seem mean, but I think I’m over it now. I mean, I still like you and all, but it was never really gonna happen, and I’m okay with that, you get me?”
>>
>>26795855
Sure. I'm not gonna get all uppity because you're following your heart.
>>
>>26795855
Well, I wouldn't have said never, it's just a lot of ponies come at us and waste our time. They hear our name is easy ride and suddenly get stupid ideas.

But yeah its no big deal...but thanks for being around.

Anyway, how do we handle a fireproof boomerang?
Perhaps it's time to expand our skill set.
>>
>>26795871
>>26795957
“Sure, I’m not gonna get all uppity because you were following your heart.”
>”Okay, I’m glad you understand.”
“It’s not that I would have said never, it’s just that a lot of ponies waste my time.”
>”Really?”
“I mean, just look at my name. A stallion finds out my name and they automatically assume it’s an easy ride into my cunt, if you catch my drift.”
>He gives an uneasy smile.
“But really, it’s no big deal, and thanks for sticking around.”
>”Oh really, it’s no problem. I just appreciate you putting up with my crap for as long as you did.”
>The two of you place your finished parts together, Tinker putting his mess of wiring inside of the best bug you made.
>It still looks like crap.
>You turn on the locator and press the button on the bug.
>No more dots pop up on the locator.
>”Aah, dammit.”
“Didn’t really expect anything else.”
>”Guess it was worth a shot. We can keep trying if you want.”
“Maybe later, but I think there are some more important things first, how am I gonna deal with a super that’s basically gone all in against fire?”
>”I dunno, if fire’s out of the question, what do you do?”
“Punch things usually. Maybe throw a chain or use my wrench. That tends to work.”
>”Not to be too negative, but…”
“Yeah, I know. Maybe it’s best if I expanded my skillset a little bit.”
>”Anything you had in mind?”
>>
And with that, I'm going to call it an evening.
Thanks to all you who stayed up for this extra late session, apologies to those who live in other time zones who couldn't stay up, and I'll see you all tomorrow.

If you have any questions for me, be sure to ask them.
>>
>>26796052
will you sleep tight?
>>
File: Sleep tight, sleepyslut.jpg (151 KB, 649x506) Image search: [Google]
Sleep tight, sleepyslut.jpg
151 KB, 649x506
>>26796058
Only if you reply to my image macro
>>
>>26796077
Sleep tight, sleepyslut.
>>
>>26796077
sleep tight, sleepyslut of dubs
>>
>>26796041
You'd think there would be some kind of problem with fireproofing yourself completely like that.
Weaker material maybe, extra costs, or something.

When you specialize yourself it makes you susceptible to other tactics, there is undeniably a chink in her armor now. Dos tink know anything about fireproofed gear. Maybe it's heavier or something?

>>26796077
Good night OP
>>
>>26796097
Water and electricity?
>>
>>26796077
Looks like I got here late. Ah well, sleep tight, sleepyslut.
>>
>>26796113
Well, electricity would handle the water canons.
But unless the rest of her gear is plated with steel then that's only one up we would have.

Maybe we should see if we can get two-bit to find some info for us or maybe that one lady we go our outfit from would know something about fireproof material that's a weakness.
>>
Boomerang's apparent obsession is interesting. Perhaps she's harboring doubts.
At this point it might be a better idea to try complete our investigation into her identity.
We'd narrowed it down pretty far last time.
>>
>>26797173
this
>>
Shit I missed it.
>>
>>26797067
>>
File: LmGz8.gif (362 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
LmGz8.gif
362 KB, 500x282
>>26797606
>>
>>26797173
What would she be haveing doubts about?
Catching us?

Cause I don't think that's the case.
>>
>>26798548
Her responsibility for what happened.
Obsession like that doesn't just happen.
>>
>>26798558
I think it was Two-Bit that mentioned something like that. Said that after what happened she saw us as a personal failure or whatever.
>>
beb
>>
qt
>>
>>26796097
>>26796113
>>26796183
“Nothing in particular, but I think there’d be some downside to completely fireproofing yourself like that, don’t you think?”
>”I know some about fireproofing, I even wore a flame retardant suit for a while when I tried to build a racecar. Damn expensive thing.”
“Give me what you got.”
>”From what I know, there are a few ways of fireproofing your clothes. Either you spray it on or get a material that’s fireproof. For the fireproof stuff, it’s either a fireproof layer on top or that the fireproofing is woven into the fabric. Knowing Boomerang, she probably went for the most expensive option.”
“Any downsides?”
>”Have you ever worn a wetsuit?”
“No?”
>”Well, if you’ve ever started sweating in a wetsuit, you know that it gets hot. Real hot. A lot of flameproof stuff has that same problem. You can’t get that sweat away from your fur.”
“I don’t think you’re just telling me to cook her anyway?”
>”Nah, fireproof stuff keeps the heat out, but it also will keep the heat in, which is really bad if you’re doing a lot of moving around.”
“So less stamina?”
>”I think so. Really, the more expensive the material, the better it is at both, unfortunately. But nothing fireproof will protect you totally, unless you wear those aluminum foil suits. But then you’d have other problems.”
“Right, but what about those water cannons?”
>”Don’t get caught in them?”
“No shit, but how do I deal with them?”
>”Hit them with electricity, I guess. That might knock them out.”
“Right. Any more nuggets you got for me?”
>”I think that’s it. I don’t know what Boomerang did, but that might give you an idea of what to expect. Unless there’s anything else you want to know or make. Sky’s the limit, really. Don’t let one little failed project get you down.”
>>
>>26802058
Nope can't think of anything.
>>
>>26802058
Lets take that tracker and try to find where those supers go.
>>
>>26802058
If stamina is reduced by wearing fire retardant gear, and if we're going to be stuck on house arrest for a while, we might want some exercise our stamina equipment, so we can keep from turning into pure squish and be confident in our ability to outpace Boomerang for however long we need to lay low.
>>
>>26802058
Let's ask two-bit if he knows about any of the other ponies Boomerang gets her stuff from maybe we can get a better idea of where her stuff is coming from and how it works from them.

There's no doubt that she's still getting equipment from the blackmarket.
>>
>>26802286
Good point, we should figure a way to stay in practice here.
>>
>>26802315
Treadmill time
>>
>>26802331
Don't forget target practice.
>>
>>26802359
I think we should find something else to use for that.
>>
>>26802130
>>26802241
>>26802286
>>26802311
>>26802315
>>26802331
>>26802359
>>26802377
“Nope, can’t think of anything.”
>Tinker scratches his head.
>”Well, that’s fine. Enjoy doing whatever it is that you do.”
“Right.”
>You place the mask back on the floor, reclaim all your stuff, and look about the room.
>It’s getting towards late afternoon to early evening.
>Everyone’s at home, you could probably get another job from Two-bit or talk to anyone you’d like.
>Or give into depression and just go to bed, stay inside until the problem goes away. That’s always an option.
>But will spending another few weeks or months training really help things get better? Or is that just wishful thinking?
>You press the button on the device, the screen flicking to life.
>You zoom out all the way, a single orange blip appearing about a half mile away from here.
>Shouldn’t take you too long to get there.
>But for now, you head to Two-bit, who’s taken up residence on the couch with Ice.
>You get his attention, waving at him.
>”Hey Easy, what’s going on?”
“I had some questions about Boomerang, specifically her little gadgets.”
>”I can’t say I’m too knowledgeable on what she does, but go ahead, fire away.”
>>
>>26802377
That's why I was pointing it out. We need more than a single piece of equipment to move out training routine indoors.
>>
>>26802430
Why's there only one blip? The tracker showed each super separately before. Did it another setting just to point us directly to their base?
>>
>>26802480
No, it didn't. Before, it just showed the device itself, the utility belt, and the active tracker on your bike..
>>
>>26802498
Oh.
>>
I'll be back in a couple hours. Then I'll be able to really sit down and run.
>>
>>26802430
What orbs does she buy the most?
You know any of her other suppliers?
>>
>>26802430
How much stuff does that gross car of hers pack?
>>
>>26802714
Also, does it have any transformations and has she changed it at all since our last encounter beyond fire resistance
>>
beb
>>
>>26802695
>>26802714
>>26802897
“I have a couple. What orbs does she buy the most?”
>”The standard ones. Ice, fire, electricity, and magic, if you remember from our shipment.”
“Yeah, but has it changed at all since then?”
>”Not really. She’s gone a little bit heavier on the ice, if memory serves.”
“And that gross car of hers? What’s that packing?”
>”Oh, ‘bout what you’d expect out of a super with money, I’d bet.”
>He taps his hoof as he rattles off a laundry list.
>”Cameras, puncture-proof tires, as many boomerang launchers as you can count, course you know of the new water cannons, remote control, oil slick, a protected cabin, armor plating, an engine with more grunt than a buffalo come mating season, retractable cupholders, and most importantly - no glass.”
“Really gave it an overhaul, huh?”
>”Seems like it, she really wasn’t fucking around when she made it. ‘Cept maybe for the color. It’s ugly as anything.”
“Do you know who supplies her?”
>”Don’t rightly know that. A stallion named Gold Rush supplies the orbs, but he’s also the owner of a massive manufacturing company. I wouldn’t be surprised if some branch of his company have supplied her at some point. Course, there are plenty of options around the city. Half the mechanics this side of town probably have a claim to at least one bolt or lugnut in one of the Boomerangmobiles.”
>>
>>26803751
>no glass
Well then what the heck is it using? Plastic?
>>
>>26803751
Hmm, oil slick is flammable isn't it? That might be an exploit if we can push it out of her. There's no way that toy car of her's is flameproof inside and out.

Also looks like we'll need some upgrades of our own if we want to compete. Ask where we could get a new engine and upgrades for our bike. Tink could make putting stuff together cheaper but we need a place to actually pick stuff up.
>>
>>26803837
Probably the same stuff as her visor.
>>
>>26803837
>>26803872
>>26803877
“So what the heck is it made of, if not glass? Some kind of plastic?”
>”Some kind of polycarbonate, I would guess. Doesn’t shatter, much more resistant to impacts.”
“Uh huh, same as her visor.”
>”Right.”
“But oil slick is flammable, right? Guess we found that chink in her armor. I doubt it’s flameproof both on the inside and out.”
>”I think you might be on to something. Well spotted there.”
“Right, but it seems like I’m going to be needing some upgrades if I want to compete. You wouldn’t happen to know where I could get some of that stuff, would you?”
>He nods, smirking.
>”Why, I would. It’s the same stallion who provides all of Tinker’s garbage to work with. He actually works for Gold Rush, but he slips us some stuff under the counter, writes it off as a sale, and pockets the extra.”
“Sounds like the kind of thing I’m looking for.”
>”Good, would you like to go now?”
“Now?”
>”You got something better to do?”
“Well no, but just a little bit ago, you-“
>”Truth be told, I don’t know what it is you’re after, and I figured we could gussy you up in one of Tinker’s outfits to float under the radar. I’d just have to give him a call and we’d be ready to go.”
>>
>>26804057
I guess now's as good as any time.
>>
>>26804057
>Tinker’s outfits
Uh...
>>
>>26804057
Sounds good to me. I love lookin' for new toys!

And this could be a good time to get some networking done too. Maybe this Gold Rush guy could use some help with something. If it's not too high profile we could probably do it.
We need all the favors we can get.
>>
>>26804057
Anywhere we can get some exercise equipment? We need to move our practice indoors.
>>
>>26804207
>>26804057
This
Also, ask if he knows of any other places we could practice using our powers besides the desert. Seeing how we can't really go that far now.
>>
>>26804207
Especially if we want to maintain the level of fitness we had in the desert. All it took was a couple days of gargantuan consumption to cause the workout routine we'd been doing for months become strangely exhausting to us, even if we still trounced Voltage.
>>
>>26804075
>>26804093
>>26804113
>>26804207
>>26804298
“Uh, I don’t think Tinker’s stuff is gonna fit me. He’s kind of tiny.”
>”Shit, right. I dunno, just cover your hair and your cutie mark or something, I don’t give a damn as long as you’re not noticed.”
“I suppose now’s as good a time as any. Who doesn’t love new toys?”
>”Right, you get on that, I’ll go make a call.”
>Two-bit turns around, making towards the kitchen, but you stop him.
“One second. You know where I could get some exercise equipment?”
>”A sporting goods store? Doubt our guy would be selling that kind of stuff.”
“I suppose that makes sense. Also, you know of anywhere to train besides the desert?”
>”You got the coastline to the east, mountains to the north, and forests and planes to the south.”
“Also, you think Gold Rush needs anything done? This might be good for my networking.”
>”You do know we’re not seeing him, right? These deals go on under his nose.”
“Still, I need all the favors I can get, and doing work for him might get me a couple.”
>”If you think so, then you’re free to try.”
>You trot over to the work area and open up the crate of Tinker’s salvaged ideas.
>The gutted changeling helmet is still there, along with a royal guard helmet, a magician’s top hat, and a racing helmet.
>Gathering dust at the bottom of the drawer is a dusty racing uniform, mildly charred along the back.
>There’s always the option of going with the trenchcoat, it’s getting dark enough that unless you run into the same supers as earlier, you think you’ll be fine.
>>
>>26804323
To be fair, we were eating nothing but sugar, grease, and fat for those days.
Try eating Mcdonalds and going on a run right afterwards. Doesn't feel so great.
>>
>>26804348
I guess we could take the racing kit.
>>
File: m'lady.jpg (31 KB, 323x450) Image search: [Google]
m'lady.jpg
31 KB, 323x450
>>26804348
Embrace euphoria.
>>
>>26804348
Go with the uniform. Ponies were suspicious of us even when we wore the trenchcoat coming home.
>>
>>26804399
>>26804456
>>26804571
>While you would like to embrace your inner fedora, Tinker doesn’t own one.
>Guess you’ll have to settle for something else.
>Ponies were suspicious of you even with the trenchcoat on.
>You pick up the racing stuff, the flame retardant fabric brushing against your coat.
>Like you thought, it’s quite a bit small on you.
>It rides up your legs a bit, the gloves and boots not quite connecting to the suit proper as intended.
>The suit squeezes around your chest and it takes a bit of effort to zip it shut, making very certain you don’t catch your fur in the zipper.
>The helmet, however, fits fine, obviously made to fit a stallion muzzle rather than your own.
>Convinced you look exceedingly stupid, you make your way to the living room, waiting for Two-bit to finish with his call.
>Soon, he makes his way back to you and looks at your appearance.
“Stupid, right?”
>You raise a foreleg, chasing your tail in circles to get a look at yourself.
>”Hey, in a city filled with ponies who wear their underwear on the outside, it could really be worse.”
“Whatever, let’s just get this over with.”
>You and Two-bit get going, leaving through the bar and walking into the streets of town.
>With Celestia’s sun setting off to your right, you head south towards the center of the city.
>A few minutes into the walk, you catch a silhouette on one of the rooftops.
>Thankfully, he/she doesn’t seem to recognize you or Two-bit, and leaves you be.
>As you walk towards the center of town, Two-bit points out a skyscraper in particular.
>”That’s Rush industries. Biggest super supplier in town. You can imagine they get hit by villains quite a bit, since Gold Rush can’t legally deal with outlaws. Their security’s nothing to scoff at.”
“Thus the need for somepony on the inside.”
>”Exactly.”
(cont.)
>>
>>26804727
>You turn off and head into an alleyway a few blocks away from the skyscraper.
>A grey earth pony stallion with blue mane stands in the alley, a hoodie covering his barrel.
>”Howdy Cloak, nice to see you again.”
>”Likewise Two-bit, what can I help you with this evening?”
>”It’s not me this time, my friend here would like to speak to you. Road Rage, I’m sure you’ve heard of her.”
>He smiles, his hoof outstretched.
>”Who hasn’t at this point? You can call me Cloak, just Cloak. What brings you around here? What can I do for you?”
>>
Well, I'm going to just call it an evening. I won't be able to run tomorrow, so I'll see you all next week when I can get back on a normal schedule. Sorry, I really intended to run more this week, but being at home kind of fucks everything up.

Thank you all for playing, and I'll see you around.
>>
>>26804889
O-oh
>>
>>26804747
I need some upgrades for my bike, water proof gear and orbs if you have any.
>>
>>26806039
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.