[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vampony CYOA #11
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7
File: Vamp11.png (174 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Vamp11.png
174 KB, 800x800
Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/vampony/
Inventory/Player Info: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CmvuNPhx2qKfOgB8Yze97VohAdWfaPMi3ZgQVNWr4eM/edit?usp=sharing
======
Summary:
You were Mango, a Batpony from a small town near Las Pegasus turned vampire by Fierce Fang. After deciding against joining the older and obviously amoral vampire Mango fled both him and a bounty in Las Pegasus caused by her feeding habits. She's on her way to Ponyville, where there are supposedly no Vampires to compete with.
But after divulging her Vampire status to Zecora, the Zebra snitched to Twilight who confronted Mango in the Castle of the Two Sisters.
Caught between a rock and a hard place, Mango seems to be tentatively going along with Twilight's plan to send her to infiltrate a group of vampires in Canterlot.
Despite Twilight giving her a rather raw deal, Mango agrees to help, but not before negotiating for better treatment and learning about an Adventuring guild in town.
After some adventures and narrow victories with the ponyville guild, you took a train to Canterlot where you attended a meeting for the Vampires there.
Right now the meeting is dying down, and you were talking with some of the other Vampires.
======
>>
"So, June, you said it just experiance to know these things, but can you tell me about how to avoid making more Vampires, or do you know how that works?"
>"You shouldn't worry about that, dear. If you drained all of Canterlot dry I doubt you'd make a single new Vampire on accident."
>"Infact, almost none of us know how we were turned. I find it somewhat surprising you know it was Fang that turned you."
"He, uh, left a note actually..."
>"Heh, Fang was always a romantic. He might talk big, but did you know he always preferred being the little spoon."
>She giggles a bit.
>"But, anyway, new Vampires are made one of two ways. Some vampires, including Fang, Patwrite, and Princeps have gained enough power to be able to do it on purpose. This binds the new Vampire to us, almost like a queen bee. These spawn are as tough as any vampire, but their wills are weak, and they retain little if any of their former selves. Good for hunting prey for you though. Or, in Fang's case, attacking other Vampires."
>"The other is when the prey refuses to die. That's how true Vampires are made, like you and me. Some of the others see it as though we were always Vampires, we just needed death to claim us to reach our full potential. I think it's just pure force of will. Either way, not something you'll likely encounter, ponies are typically a skittish lot."
>>
>>26031639
Is drinking the blood of other animals bad for us? We've found that we can "survive" off of cow blood, but diamond dog blood tastes so bad we'd have to force ourself to drink it.
>>
>>26031639
Has anyone ever turned without being completely drained?
>>
>>26031639
How does the "create another vampire on purpose" procedure work? What happens if you try to use it on someone who is already a vampire? What happens if you use it on a lower animal?

>>26031454
Hey, you got his tail off of the color layer. Kudos.
>>
>>26032009
>his
>>
>>26031759
>>26031942
>>26032009
"You have to die to turn, then?"
>"I suppose. Making Spawn certainly requires killing. I've never seen a true turning, but I would imagine it's the same."
"How does that work exactly?"
>"You're more full of questions than a bee is full of honey. I have some errands to run, but I wouldn't mind company. Why don't you come along, we could talk more on the way if you like."
>>
>>26032291
Sure, why not? I don't really have plans.
>>
>>26032291
Ok sure.
>>
>>26032291
Of course.
>>
>>26032291
Sure.
>>
>>26032303
>>26032375
>>26032415
>>26032578
"Sure, I don't have any plans."
>"Glad to hear it."

>You notice that you two are some of the last ponies there at the meeting. Only Baron and Patwrite are still there. They're arguing about something, again, totally ignoring the two of you.
>You follow June bug through the streets of Canterlot, asking more questions along the way.
"Soooo, about the spawn process?"
>"Ah, right. I've been learning it myself recently. Just had my first real success when I flew into town."
"Flew?"
>"I run a company that owns most of the airships that run trade between Canterlot and the Pegas cloud cities. I flew in from Cloudsdale two nights ago. Caught an employee napping. Now she's out getting me dinner. At least I hope she is... Anyway, what about it?"
"Does it work on animals? What happens if you try to 'turn' a Vampire?"
>"I wouldn't try the latter. I can sense other Vampires and most can sense me. I have no idea what it would do, but I imagine nothing. Other than the one trying out the spell getting smacked upside the noggin, that is."
>"But I had never thought about using it on animals. That might be a good idea. Of course then you'd need to drain an animal. Depending on the creature that could make you ill."
"I've had Diamond Dog and Cow blood, never made me sick."
>"Ew. Diamond Dog? You're lucky then, because that's disgusting. Cow's are ok, but only when fresh. Usually predator blood is what can get you sick. Animals that cannot speak also are no good for feeding."
>As you walk you notice that you're entering the more upscale areas of Canterlot, actually quite near your hotel.
>What does Mango do? Any more Questions for June?
>>
>>26032890
Guess I should count myself lucky. I had to live on livestock and diamond dog for about a week before I went back to ponies.

inquire a bit about these errands of hers.
>>
>>26032890
Thanks for the tip, were never drinking diamond dog blood again. Yuck.

Ask how she's been able to run a business from the shadows for so long. We might want to try that sometime.

...Ya know when they're isn't a whole vampire war about to start.
>>
>>26032890
Ask about powers.
>>
>>26032940
>>26033006
>>26033028
>You cringe a bit. Guess you're pretty lucky nothing bad ever came of the Dog blood.
>Now that you think back on it though, you remember how that fight with the Timberwolves went. The sluggish feeling had almost become normal by then, but you weren't really in top fighting form.
>It's probably why you got so badly beat up.

"You said you run a business? As a Vampire, that seems difficult."
>"It can be at times. You'd think the sun would be a big deal, but in my line of work I was usually able to travel by day and do business by night, so it's not as big of an issue as you might think."
>"No, the worst is trying to explain how you've held a position for 300 years. In retrospect, that was very dumb. Now I move companies every 80 years or so, new name, false references and liberal use of my unlimited charm," she flashes you a wide smirk. "Easy peazy lemon squeezy."
>The two of you arrive at the offices of the Friendship Express company. You recognize it as the name of the train line that took you to Canterlot.
>The building is dark, you assume that by this late hour the workers have all gone home.
"Are these errands for business?"
>"Ah, A little business and a little pleasure."
>"These are our main competitors offices. A few weeks ago I caught a spy from them trying to steal our balloon designs from the Zebras that manufacture them. I let him think he got away, knowing I'd be here before he could get back from Zebrica. His ship came into Manehattan yesterday, and his train arrives in Canterlot at 1:30 AM."
>You look at your watch. It's 1:38 right now.
>"I plan to leave them a message."
>>
>>26033366
I say we fuck with this idea stealing bastard and send a long lasting message.
>>
>>26033366
She already has a plan, we should just ask what it is and see if we can help.
>>
>>26033427
>>26033542
"Sounds like somepony who deserves whatever you have planed."
>"Heh, maybe, maybe not. His real crime was getting caught. If these sonsabitches want to spy they better do it well."
"Do you, uh, want help?"
>"I thought you'd never ask. There are three alleyways that lead to this building, besides the large roads. We'll see him if he's on the big roads, but he could slip by in an alley. I can cover one, but a flying pony like you could probably cover two."
>"If you see him, just fly up where I can see you."
>She pulls a small revolver from her inner thigh and gestures upward. She runs very quietly, but you can hear the soft clops on the asphalt thanks to your bat ears.
>You fly up and take a position on top of a smaller structure overlooking the two alleys.

>After a few minutes, you see a figure moving toward you.
>A slender brown stallion rounds the corner galloping.
>He keeps looking over his shoulder, and you think you know why.
>He's running pretty fast. If you stop to get June's attention, he might be inside before you could stop him.
>>
>>26034167
Pausing here.
>>
>>26034167
I say we jump this fool and take him to June. Unless we hear anybody else coming by.

Or perhaps we can hold on to him by knocking him out and see who else comes by who looks shady more than likely the guy we're after probably has a case or something on him for the designs he stole.
I'll lower our chance of a fuck up.

>>26034179
Goodnight.
>>
>>26034167
Drop in front of him and give him the eyes. Ask him what he's doing.
>>
>>26034599
This.

>>26033028
This was never really addressed. Hopefully we can actually ask this, since she said she was developing her power to create lesser Vampires.

I want us to develop our hypnosis. It could be very powerful with some tweaks.
>>
>>26034513
Knock him out till june comes to help
this shouldn't have much consequences unless somebody is around him
we can't know that though
>>
God damn i don't even do anything but bump all day
i'm that one dedicated autist who bumps the thread so it doesn't die.
>>
>>26036036
>>
>>26031454
>You were Mango, a Batpony
>Batcancer CYOA that was ruined by autistic batfags rigging the poll
>>
beb
>>
>>26037551
Stop shitposting shiny
>>
>>26037732
>>
>>26039012
>>
>>26037732
>>
>>26039012
>>
>>26040750
>>
tO page one you go.
>>
>>26036036
you too?
>>
life bump
>>
>>26034599
>>26035509
>>26034513
>>26035501
Sorry for the late start.
>You drop down silently, startling the stallion into a yelp.
>His horn glows and the tight jacket he was wearing falls open.
>But you stare into his eyes, and ask a simple question.
"What do you think you're doing?"
Hypnosis: Success
Limited Control: Failure
>His eyes widen
>"I'm about to shoot you, bitch!"
>With that, you blink and he slumps to the ground with a thud.
>A snubnose revolver clatters out of his jacket.
>What does Mango do?
>>
>>26044653
Drag him to June.
>>
>>26044695
Also pick up and empty the revolver.
>>
>>26044695
>>26044723
These
>>
>>26044723
Does being a member of the adventurers guild does let us own, but not use a gun?
>>
>>26044777
As I remember it we don't need anything to own a handgun.
>>
>>26044798
We need a permit to own a handgun. Rifles and shotguns are fair game for everyone.
>>
>>26044723
>>26044777
>>26044798
>>26044807
Before we even consider keeping it we should see if it's even usable by non-unicorns.
>>
>>26044848
I just meant don't leave a gun on the floor, and don't carry a loaded gun near a unicorn.
>>
>>26044695
>>26044723
>>26044729
>>26044777
>>26044798
>You pick up the revolver.
>It says .357 Mag, though as you pour the rounds into your hooves, they say .38 Spc around the base.
>Weird.
>It's looks cheap, and oddly, for a unicorn's gun, doesn't have a trigger guard.
>You throw both the gun and the rounds into your saddle bags.
>After that you pick up the stallion and drag him toward June's look out post.
>However, as you drag, you hear soft clips on the asphalt.
>June turns the corner, levitating a small pistol back into it's thigh holster.
>"Caught the scallawag, did ya? I barely heard you, nice work."
>She walks up, and levitates the stallion out of your grasp and over into the isolated alley.
>Once there she searches his coat and pulls out a folder.
>She levitates it in front of you, and stares at it.
>It slowly but steadily burns, leaving not a single speck of ash.
>"Had to be totally sure. But don't worry, little missy, we had back ups."
>She turns to the prone stallion.
>"As fer you scalawag," She kicks him in the gut, eliciting a wheezing groan. "I think Mango here should get the first drink, haha."
>She giggles again.
>"Well go ahead, tab's on me."
>>
>>26045010
Perfect opportunity to work on control.

However much we normally get from a bloodbag, try to drink that amount and force ourselves to stop once we've drunk that much.
>>
>>26045010
Ask her if she could help us stay in control while we feed.
>>
>>26045050
>>26045186
"June, do you think you could pull me off if I take too much. I'd like to practice control..."
>"I'm gonna kill him anyway, and I think if I step in it you wouldn't learn much. Just try your best, honey, that's how we learn, you know."
>"But, I will do it if you want me to, dear."
>>
>>26045218
Yeah, let's try and exercise control on our own, especially if she doesn't mind if we screw it up and steal the rest of her meal.
>>
>>26045218
It's not about drinking to much, it's about losing control. Since he's dead either way we'll drain him, but we'd want to do it by choice.
>>
>>26045240
>>26045312
"You don't mind me stealing a meal?"
>"Don't worry about me deary, hopefully my new spawn will have followed my instructions. Plus, I'm not the one living off animals."
"I have pony bloodbags now..."
>"Still, fresh blood is far more filling."

>You bend down, feeling kind of awkward infront of June.
>You remember how much you typically take from a bloodbag, and try to limit yourself.
>As your fangs sink into the stallion's neck warm delicious blood flows into your mouth.
Control, DC10: Critical Failure
>The next thing you know, you feel June pinning you against the asphalt with her magic.
>The coppery smell of blood floods your nostrils.
>"Mango, aw shucks..."
>"Mango are you still with me?"
>>
>>26045723
fug
>>
>>26045723
Yikes. I don't think I've ever actually blacked out from draining someone before. I'm really sorry.
What happened?
>>
>>26045723
We killed him, didn't we?
>>
>>26045723
>"Primal and aggressive"
Went about as well as I expected.
>>
>>26045763
>>26045770
>>26045789
>>26045825
"Shit, that's never happened before..."
>"Heh, Fang tried to use that line too, you know."
>She giggles again at her joke as she releases you from her magical grasp.
>Your head throbs with pain.
>You feel blood, your blood on the back of your head.
"What the hell..?"
>"It's wasn't pretty. You started drawing a lot. Woke him up."
>She points to a brick stained with blood.
>"He got a few good thumps on you before I could pull the brick away."
>"Then you turned to me, so I just pinned you down."
>She cocks her head
>"You alright dear?"
"I, uh, kinda blacked out."
>"Well that's no good. I wonder if it was from the brick or the frenzy though."
>"Still you should see the other guy."
>She giggles.
>You look around groggily.
>There's a huge smear of blood along the narrow walls of the alley.
>The Stallion's body is gaunt and dry, but his intestines are hanging out, along with other viscera. Blood is caked around his mouth and eyes. One of his forelegs is bent unnaturally, making your own ache in sympathy.
>The sight is nauseating and you avert your eyes as much as possible.
"Eugh! I did that?"
>"If you hadn't noticed me and tried for another meal you might have done worse."
>"It certainly leaves a message, though not quite the one I planned on leaving. It's too obvious this was done by a vampire as is."
>"We need to hide that somehow..."
>>
>>26046021
Is it the bites? Maybe destroying the neck.
>>
>>26046021
Jesus, we're horrifying.

Uh... Are the crystal caves still abandoned? Those are cavernous and mazelike. Perfect place to hide a body.
>>
>>26046021
We obviously need help practicing that. Is there any way to make it look like some exotic beast escaped from a zoo and killed him?
>>
>>26046021

Having a body found in Canterlot would be awful for vampires here. Any way we could possibly get it out of the city without being noticed?
>>
>>26046021
Uh maybe get him to a empty area and burn corpse?
>>
>>26046084
>>26046203
She's trying to leave a message. She wants the body found.
>>
>>26046230
Oh. Then the last QM post is an example of why you have to be careful when using 'that,' since it's very vague.

I assumed when she said 'that,' she meant the body, not the fact that a vampire did it.
>>
>>26046064
>>26046084
>>26046094
>>26046203
>>26046229
>>26046230
"You don't just want to hide the body? The crystal cave might be a good place."
>She purses her lips.
>"Eh, it's an option. I'd rather figure out some way to just hide that a Vampire did it though."
"I guess the bite marks are the biggest sign, we could cut up the neck, or maybe decapitate?"
>You accidentally look back down at the corpse.
>You really wish you hadn't
>"Well that and the fact you can tell he's been drained of blood since you punched his guts out."
>"I suppose decapitation works though. We can dump the rest in the caves. You got a knife, dear?"
>Hand her the knife or do it yourself?
>Or do you have a better plan?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>26046345
Yeaaah, she can do it.
>>
>>26046356
General writing tip:

If you have to use this or that, you should usually follow with a noun to avoid confusion.
>>
>>26046366
Honestly, I thought that it was pretty clear due to the sentence immediately preceding the one using 'that'. Sorry for any confusion.
>>
>>26046345
Give her da knife
>>
>>26046345
What if we spill a blood bag to cover for the lack of blood?
>>
>>26046390
Great waste our supply of blood which isn't plentifull
>>
>>26046431
It's still an option and we don't want to leave evidence of vampires.
>>
We should dispose of the brick.
>>
>>26046467
Aye all km saying is there are better ways to hide evidence
>>
>>26044807
We should just get a rifle then. Screw the whole permit bullshit.
>>
>>26046689
We lost guns and didn't regain them OR even get a fucking licence
That's bullshit
>>
>>26046758
If we keep a steady flow of blood, we might not need them. I thought we were just a shit vampire, but what you eat apparently really matters.

Especially if we can punch someone so hard that their guts fall out.
>>
>>26046758
We're working on the license and Twi promised replacement, but we really should focus on developing our vampiric abilities since they have the potential to be a lot more useful and deadly than any gun.
>>
>>26047697
>>
>>26048350
>>
beb
>>
>>26049586
shiny
no.
>>
>>26049554
>>
>>26049554
>>
>>26049554
>>
>>26049554
>>
>>26049554
>>
>>26053240
>>
>>26046345
Hand her the knife, she'd probably know how to make a much cleaner cut than we can do
>>
>>26046362
>>26046386
>>26054775
"Uh, yeah."
>You fumble for a second digging through your bag for the knife.
"Here you go"
>She takes it with her magic, humming while she slices through skin, muscle and tendons.
>Despite being drained of blood, the spine still retains some fluid.
>While the sight is bad enough, the sounds make you need to sit down, and look away.
>"First mutilated corpse, I assume? It really never gets better, but in a few centuries you'll have seen enough to be fairly jaded."
>She then says it's done and levitates the head behind her.
>She walks back toward the building, and you follow.
>"We can leave the body there for now, nopony should be around this late. But what I need to do is get this somewhere provocative. I was thinking the CEO's desk. That way they might not even take this public. Of course that means breaking in, evading any security, and getting out..."
>"You have any ideas, Mango?"
>>
>>26055377
Yeah, I don't know if I'm comfortable doing a stealth infiltration with you.
>>
>>26055377
Can we just smoke into his office from outside and open the window? She could just pass the head in.
>>
>>26055377
Turn into smoke, hypnotize guards, and get the key's to unlock everything.
>>
>>26055377
Let's use gas form to do it. Maybe we can get into the ceo office window that way or we could take a vent. We could avoid security all together this way.
>>
>>26055543
But can we carry the head in gas or turn it to gas? It seems like that crosses the line of what we can bring with us in that form.
>>
>>26055733
To be honest I never worried about it because I figured a OP would forget about it too by accident and let us get away with it.

But still it's not like we couldn't open the window or vent from the inside and then go back and get our stuff.
>>
>>26055431
>>26055450
>>26055529
>>26055543
"Well I can transform myself and what I'm carrying into mist. I won't have trouble getting me or the head in."
>"Oooh, that's sneaker than a muffled rattlesnake. I like it! Think you could you get me in too?"
"I have no idea. I know I can't go too far though. I was gonna fly up, but I can't carry you or mist that far, so we'd be going in on the first or second floor."
>"Only one way to find out, but I understand your caution. It's up to you."
>>
>>26055843
>sneaker
sneakier
>>
>>26055843
Lets bring her with us. Would she need to hold her breath?
>>
>>26055843
Let's just see if we can turn her into mist and take her into the first floor. if we can't we can just try and find a way to let her in.
>>
>>26055843
I'd rather not mess around. Just drop the head in quickly so we can deal with the body.
>>
>>26055843
Shouldn't be too hard, right? Figure out which window goes to the boss's office, mist in, unlock the window, fly the head in, lock it, mist out.

Right?
>>
>>26055875
>>26055880
"We can try, sure. Fair warning, you probably will want to hold your breath."
>The two of you approach a window, and you hold out a hoof.
"It only works on things touching me, as far as I can tell."
>She hesitates for a moment, but takes it.
>You hold your breath, and drift into a mist.
>It takes a second to find a suitable gap, but by the time you do your 'chest' burns for air and you feel faint.
>The strain of bringing two ponies was a little much.
>You push through the gap forcefully, and spill onto the carpeted floor in a heap.
>June utters minced oaths as she too is strewn across the small office.
>You both cough a bit, trying to keep quiet, as your lungs fill with air.
>"Gotta say," June says between coughing fits, "I've been on more comfortable trips..."
>"Hope we didn't make too much noise."
>She puts her ear to the door, and listens.
>"I think we're clear, though."

>What does Mango do?
>>
>>26056302
Look for cameras. We don't want to be recorded.
>>
>>26056302
Can we listen to see if there's anybody else in the building? If yes can we try to keep track of them as we continue.
>>
>>26056353
>You listen in behind her
>You hear soft hoofsteps, but they sound far away.
>Somepony is certainly here, but you can't tell how many or where exactly they are.

>June slowly opens the door, and looks around.
>"I don't reckon I see anyone." She whispers.
>You have better eyes, though, you should go ahead. I'm not entirely sure, but I'd bet that the CEO's office is on the top floor."
>"There's just 8 floors, so we should just find the stairwell and head up."
>Input response
>>
>>26056819
Don't big places like this tend to have maps?
>>
>>26056819
I guess we should try to find the stairs. Or we could try to take down a guard so we can have some keys to move around more freely.
>>
>>26056819
She should probably be the one taking point, rather than the fledgeling vampire.

Her abilities are bound to be much, much more reliable than ours.
>>
>>26056852
>>26057030
>>26057076
"You're a much more powerful Vampire than me, you sure I should take point?"
>She giggles. "You can't learn from the rear, sweetie."
"Well, we should look for a map or something, don't big offices usually have those?
>"Good idea."

>You search around the dark hallways a bit, eventually finding a map near the central elevator shaft.
>"Hm, fancy. Most of our buildings this size don't have these."
>The map shows the executive offices on the seventh floor.
>You point this out to June.
>"Weird. When I was the CEO at my company we ALWAYS got the top floors."
"Was?"
>"Ah, yeah technically I'm the 'chairmare of the board' now. Bit more boring that I expected."

>You listen for guards.
>You can hear at least two ponies on this floor, slowly and quietly making rounds near the outer hallways and offices. One is just reaching where you came in.
>>
>>26057479
Probably not a good idea to take the elevator. Let's sneak to the stairwell.
>>
Not enough responses to do a proper update, so I'm hitting the hay.

Hopefully I'll be able to start earlier tomorrow.
>>
>>26058077
I didn't feel like responding since I agreed with >>26057508
>>
>>26058077
Goddammit, I was about to post. Oh well, in the morning, stairway.
>>
>>26057508
I agree with this
>>
>>26059583
>>
>>26059583
>>
>>26059583
>>
So why didn't we just fly up and drop the head off?
>>
>>26061481
I voted to go inside hoping we could drink from some guards. Maybe we won't get a crit fail this time.
>>
>>26061599
Anon those guards are just doing their jobs.
>>
>>26061481
Because the vote was tied and the QM went with this
>>
>>26061599
Let's not.
>>
>>26061638
heh, well the point was to not kill.
Besides so was the other guy the only differences was that one was a spy and the other is a guard.

But drink or not this might be good power training if we end up needing to use our abilities.
>>
>>26061684
The difference is he was already dead. We certainly weren't going to fight an older vampire to save him.
>>
>>26061694
A thief is still a thief even if it's a hired thief, I don't really see the big deal besides he was going to kill us. I don't know why you would want to spare him in the first place after that.

Frankly I think anyone willing to use lethal force us is fair game. So yeah if the guards didn't have guns I wouldn't want to eat them...kinda, depends on context.

Besides we cant tame the beast within without practice.
>>
>>26061891
What are you talking about? I said that the guy was already dead, so us practicing wasn't going to make a difference. The only way he could have survived would have been us defending him, which wasn't going to happen.
>>
>>26061891
Killing security officers who are doing nothing wrong except doing their job?

No thank you.
>>
>>26061926
Im talking about the nightmares anon. Do you think the older vampires are hunted with them and worried about losing control and going on frenzies, no. Because they've gained control and to do that we got to feed and learn to do so without killing someone.

Now i'm not saying the innocent need to be used to do this, we just have different ideas of what counts someone as a innocent. For me it's anyone who won't try to kill you or lacking a serious criminal record.
>>
>>26062174
Anyone who won't try to kill you is a really shaky definition of innocence.

Why does having a weapon suddenly make them any more deserving of death than someone who doesn't?
>>
>>26062174
What? Nightmares? What does that have to do with anything?
And no, it's not okay to kill someone for doing their job. We're trespassing in a building to do something we really have no stake in, no pun intended. When we're in the wrong killing isn't okay.
>>
>>26062192
Because if you're in a combat situation and someone is willing to take your life to continue their own or for the sake of money. I think it's pretty fair game to take theirs for the same reasons.

>>26062204
Are you asking me what nightmares because you don't know about the crazy dreams of us killing fluttershy in cold blood due to a lack of control or because you haven't read that part?
What it has to do with things is the idea of feeding on the guards. I think it worth it to gain control and get stronger faster. Especially when having someone around to help us.

Either way, I never said I wanted to kill them. but I have no problem doing so.
I wanted to feed from them, it does not entail killing them.But the risk is still involved until we have proper control. I just think they know the risks that come with being a guard, getting killed is one of them.
So I don't feel in the wrong for it unless they're not using lethal force. As for trespassing currently it's not legal for us to even be living or unliving whichever. So I could care less about things like that at this point.

But regardless I i've started to think the greater risk of leaving a trail of bodies or dead bodies with hole in there necks and probably being burden on June in the case of rolling a crit fail. Is out weighting getting shortcuts and quick snacks. So were on the same page for not killing the guards we just have our own reasons.

I'm ready to let it drop. I'm not in the mood to argue morality. Its kinda subjective.
>>
>>26062673
>oh this policeman knows the risks so it's fine for me to kill him
It's not even vaguely subjective that this is retarded. And the legality of our existence is a very different matter.
Reminder that we're in contact with someone who controls laws.
>>
>>26062673
Yeah, no, I disagree with about everything you said.
>>
>>26062673
Yeah okay this is just wrong
kill a guy for doing his job
just because you want to practice control
yeano.
i know we're a vampire but come on
we aren't a sadist
>>
>>26063360
>>26062840
I think it's a bit of false equivalency to compare security guard's with cops. but regardless.
We're not going to agree on the guard thing. Sorry, it's not that i'm not trying to see things from your perspective. I just don't agree. Perhaps i'm just a uncaring asshole or maybe you're too kind. Or I could be a sociopath.

Meh. it doesn't matter.
Should I get me some Jesus anon?

>>26063400
I'm pretty sure being a sadist is causing unneeded pain to others for the sake of personal enjoyment. I feel as if I'm just being pragmatic but then I guess we have to take into account of the risks involved. But the whole feeding process seems painless if done correctly and if no one dies.

>we're in contact with someone who controls laws
So let's move on to another interesting topic.
You say twilight can control the laws, but i'm not sure if that's really the case or if you talking about luna same goes for her too.
Personally I think the amount of political influence/control they have is a bit hazy and kinda down to whatever celestia just let's them get away with. Which is why I think they went behind celestia's back. Because if tia knew about any of this I think she would brand them both traitors or charged with conspiracy and have them sent to the moon. Or just ignore them. That too.
>>
>>26063740
Yeah, sure. Celestia's going to brand two other princesses traitors. Hope she has fun sending them to the moon without the elements.
>>
>>26063821
Well what else would she do she do to two other authority figures who broke the laws by siding with a race the public views as a threat. Perhaps not treason but definitely conspiracy for going behind her back. Sure I guess the option to sweep things under the rug is still there but i'm sure the people would start a riot. But yeah that is if it got out.

As for the moon thing good point. But I guess being locked in a prison is more or less the same punishment but with more guests.

Anywho you still didn't answer my question about luna and twilight's limits of power.
>>
>>26064020
Nobody's going to sit by while she locks away every other authority figure.
And if they're are limits on their power then there are limits on Celestia's. The king that fights his nobles is the king that has a civil war on his hands.
But none of this in any way justifies killing random people.
>>
heres a bump for you to discuss about
in other words
discuss bumps
>>
>>26064064
I was not trying to justifies killing random people willy nilly, you're misrepresenting me. I just think people will die no matter what and I don't think the label of private security guard or thug doesn't really matter if they're trying to kill you. For a random civilian of course you wouldn't kill them or feed from them if you knew you have no control.
Yes I'm lacking the context of why someone would want to kill you but i'm assuming if you're doing something that someone would want to kill you for. you don't give a damn (trespassing, stealing from said person, etr.).
Also once again feeding from someone doesn't automatically kill someone unless we mess up. You're arguing whether or not it's right to gamble with the lives of certain individuals.

And frankly I think dangerous criminals, and anyone who tries or is willing to kill you is fair game to kill or play dice with their lives.
Anyway, I've moved on from that topic. We're not going to agree so why drag it back to there. These are two different topics and i'm not trying to use one to justify the other.

>The king that fights his nobles is the king that has a civil war on his hands.
True to a extent, but that doesn't mean she's going to just give in. Besides if that was always the case the king would be pointless because said king would be at the whims of the nobles.
So some absolute power has to be there otherwise Celestia is a pointless figurehead leader and they could and probably should try to just start up a oligarchy, or a representational democracy with checks and balances.
>>
>>26064680
>said king would be at the whims of the nobles
Welcome to politics.
>>
>>26065350
>>
>>26066137
>>
>>26064743
politics suck
>>
>>26066896
>>
>>26068554
>>
>>26057508
>>26058177
>>26058309
>>26061638
>>26061656
>You decide to avoid the guards as much as possible. You really don't need the attention, and you don't want to be forced to kill somepony who's just doing their job.
>Plus, you're pretty full from the spy.
"Let's take it quiet, June. We don't need to deal with these guys."
Easy Stealth Check: Passed
>As you creep through the halls you come across a guard you didn't hear. Mostly because he's fallen asleep near the stairwell.
>You notice that his colleagues have drawn crude images on his face, probably not pleased that they have to cover for him.
>He doesn't seem to be armed beyond a heavy looking flashlight.
>He's also got a set of handcuffs clipped to a wide belt with various pockets.
>You could take anything you wanted while he's sleeping, though you might make a cleaner escape if you just pass him by.
>>
>>26069253
just leave him be.
>>
>>26069253
Just keep going. We don't need any of that anyway.
>>
>>26069323
>>26069494
>You turn to June and signal her to be especially quiet as you slip past.
>The stairwell is think concrete, and you can talk freely
>However you also cannot hear anything in the rest of the building.
>The stairwell goes up to the fourth floor, which you recall from the map being the location of both the cafeteria and security offices.
>A thick metal door greets you, and any attempts to listen through it are frustrated by the echos of the concrete box you're currently within.
>>
>>26069654
Do the mist thing. If there's anyone one the other side we can come back.
>>
>>26069698
This, as long as the door isn't in a seal we should be able to do it
>>
>>26069698
>>26069727
"I'm gonna mist through. If we're clear I'll open the door."
>You prepare yourself, and hold your breath.
>It's impossible to see or hear in this form, but as far as you can tell nopony is immediately in front of the door.
>You can hold out a bit longer.
>Do you slip back under or materialize?
>>
>>26069850
No point. just materialize. If someone's there we'll surprise them.
>>
>>26069850
If someone is there nothing like a knuckle sandwich to say hi. Just try to pull the punch. We've gotten a bit stronger I think.
>>
>>26069850
Just do it mang
>>
>>26069884
>>26070238
>>26070247
>You pop out, ready in case somepony is watching.
>Indeed, a lone guard approaches.
>He's suprised enough that you can get a single strike out before he even has time to react.
>Unfortunately, you're not quite as coordinated as you should be, popping right out of the mist, and your hoof sails right below his jaw.
>The unicorn security guard fumbles around with his belt, clearly not actually thinking, but following some action he was told by rote.
He manages to produce a small metal cylinder.

>Things aren't going quite to plan, but if you act quick you might still salvage this.
>>
>>26070324
Damn it we weren't supposed to be seen. Tackle him and choke him out. If he keeps hold of that spray then tap his horn. We don't breath and close our eyes if he gets it anywhere near us.
>>
>>26070324
Disarm!
Then knock him out with his own stick.
>>
>>26070324
I'm assuming that's mace, so hypnosis will be a bad idea.

So hold breath, cover our eyes with one hoof while punching again with the other?

Not really sure.
>>
>>26070324
Why didn't we start with hypnosis?
>>
>>26070491
Good question. Not an option anymore, unless you like pepperspray in your eyes.
>>
>>26070380
Oops I forgot that unicorn magic thing. You can't disarm a floating object.Yeah just cover our eyes and go for the KO punch.
>>
Just wanted to point out that fighting is the opposite of stealth since even a knockout blow could make noise and it'd only get worse if that gamble doesn't work.
>>
>>26070534
Too late to worry about that now, since we're spotted.
Anyone else drawn to the noise can be hypnotized.
>>
>>26070324
We can turn back into smoke to dodge the mace and then hypnotize him when he's confused. If he remembers anything it'd be considered a weird dream.
>>
>>26070534
We shouldn't be here anyway, so it's too late to complain now.
>>
>>26070576
Hmm this seems good. But I'm not sure if we can just quick change like that.
>>
>>26070576
This sounds like a cool idea.
>>
>>26070378
>>26070380
>>26070386
>You're stiff a bit off balance from the missed punch, but turn that into a wicked elbow strike to the stallion's face, aiming for his horn.
>His magic flickers and the metal cylinder clatters to the floor.
>However, you manage to put the guard in a chokehold as he goes down, and keep him from calling out.
>He is still conscious, but he should pass out soon.
>The adrenaline is pumping through you, and you have to strain to try and listen.
>You hear several sets of hooves approaching, but you can't tell how many exactly.
>More than two, certainly.
>A voice calls to somepony, but you don't make out the words.
>The stairwell makes a tempting place to retreat to, but hypnosis is always an option.
>>
>>26070646
Jesus, we have that many people investigating something clattering on the ground? How badly did we roll?

Uh, nope. We're getting out of here.
>>
>>26070646
>blatant typos.
Yeah, I'm probably too drunk to continue.
It's hard to judge the votes, so hopefully that didn't anger too many of you.

Goodnight.
>>
>>26070646
This situation is completely fubar. Can we hypnotize him and make it look like he fell asleep? When they find him they might think our attack was a dream while we retreat.
>>
>>26070646
Can we use hypnosis on more than one guy at once?

I'm pretty sure that they all have to make eye contact. Perhaps we could drag the guy we have to the stairs and pose him like he fell.
>>
>>26070646
How many damn guards does a closed building need?
Drag him into the stairwell and knock him out, then go back down, get out and fly up to the office.
We're not sneaking through a building full of guards just because June wants a tour.
>>
>>26070703
This. Coming in here was a stupid idea anyway.
>>
>>26070687
It would get harder the faster you tried to do it.

The first one is virtually guaranteed, unless you critfail.

Next in a single round/post would have DC5, then DC10, ect.

>>26070703
I thought 1d6 guards would be reasonable.
>>
>>26070708
We had no idea this place had an army of guards.
>>
>>26070703
Apparently filled with guards who send the whole damn team to investigate something falling on the ground.
>>
>>26070713
Is that 1d6 per floor or for the entire building?
>>
>>26070713
>1d6 guards
Per floor!
Why would you pay people to guard floors that can only be accessed from floors that are being guarded?
Most buildings have a few guys on ground floor at most, doing occasional round.
>>
>>26070646
Yeah, something's up here. Were they expecting someone to break in tonight?
>>
>>26070755
>>26070730
I probably shouldn't be saying this, but it's just this floor. This is the security office, and the only floor that has two stairwells and the elevator, made sense to put the most guards here. The two on the ground floor were a separate roll. After this there would be no more.
>>
>>26070797
Doesn't really matter if there'll be more guards since the situation's absolutely fucked anyway.
>>
>>26070806
>situation's absolutely fucked
Well I don't think it's very interesting if everything goes to plan every time.
>>
>>26070825

How many critfails did we roll here?
>>
>>26070825
>Clink, clatter clatter.
HOLY SHIT AN INTRUDER SEND EVERYONE
>>
>>26070825
Running into every guard on the floor all at once is a bit much. Did somebody trip a silent alarm or something?
>>
>>26070832
It was two failures and a good roll by the guard.

>>26070845
>>26070846
Mango only knows that hoofsteps are coming closer to her. She doesn't know the exact state of those making the steps. The fact that she is choking out someone also makes it difficult to hear. So you're assuming things.Let's just say that the guards are easily still capable of being surprised. They're not expecting much from a clatter, but they're still gonna walk over to see what it was, right?
>>
>>26070887
But every single one of them?
>>
>>26070887
>good roll by the guard
Crit success I mean.
>>
Fuck, I really should stop posting.

goodnight, sorry for being a shit
>>
>>26070646
Let's hypnotize him to tell the other guards everything is all right and that he just dropped his flashlight. After that we put him to sleep and if he remembers anything he'd think it was a dream.
>>
>>26070887
I still think it's a bit harsh.
At most, I would have someone call out, and upon not hearing a response, maybe send two guys to look.
>>
>>26070912
______________________________Good night.
>>
>>26070646
Since they seem so intent on investigating random noises, grab the cylinder and chuck it somewhere else.
>>
>>26070755
I agree. A personal army for an eight story company building is a blatant waste of money, especially for the night shift when they're not expecting anyone there.

At most, probably three on the ground floor and one or two at security.

It's not a government building.
>>
>>26072156
>>
>>26072643
>>
>>26073292
>>
>>26071583
Since when is 7-9 guards a "personal army?"
>>
>>26074071
How many middling sized buildings do you know that have at least seven guards at all times?
>>
>>26074130
I'm not saying its not a lot, but its no "army" either
>>
File: Let me learn you a thing.gif (410 KB, 292x356) Image search: [Google]
Let me learn you a thing.gif
410 KB, 292x356
>>26074071
It's called overstaffing.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that a company is in the business of making money, so for every staff member present, they expect a little something called return on investment.
Each staff member is an investment, and for a regular worker, that's easy to see, but in terms of security, it's a bit more difficult.

Let's look at the numbers first. Let's say each guard costs maybe 100 bucks a night in wages, seem fair?
So then, that's 36,000 a guard per year. Times 8 guards, that's nearly 300,000 dollars in security just in wages.

However, wage isn't the only price that employers pay. With benefits such as health, vision, dental, and retirement, that would go up to around 45,000-55,000 per employee.
That means they're spending around 400,000 dollars a year on security, doesn't sound like a lot, right?

Well, let's see what they're getting on return for that investment of nearly half a million.

Fuck all.

They're paying half a million to have people stare at walls.

What they have here is an overstaffed security force, filled with redundancies. Such as another anon said, guarding floors that can only be accessed by other guarded floors. No building would dream of doing that because they're paying yet another employee to do nothing.

It's a waste of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year which could just as easily be put into the bank as profit or placed somewhere else. Sure, if this was a government or military building, I'd buy it, but 8 guards? This might be the most well-defended office building in the world.
>>
>>26074160

See, that kind of logic is why Sony Pictures didn't invest money in their cyber security.

Now look at them. Look at them and laugh.
>>
>>26074355
Not really the same thing. Security personnel are mostly a deterrent. You park someone in the building because when it comes down to it most thieves don't want to fight anyone.
>>
Bump page 9
>>
beb
>>
>>26075601
>>
>>26076265
>>
>>26076786
>>
>>26077443
>>
>>26078502
>>
>>26079231
>>
>>26079804
>>
>>26070685
>>26070687
>>26070915
>Shit is not going to plan.
>You look down at the stallion you're choking
>Easing up, you look into his bloodshot eyes.
>"Tell them you're alright."
Hypnosis: Success
Limited Control: Success
>He relaxes for a moment before gasping a bit for air.
>You shush him and he quiets down,.
>The hoofsteps are slowly approaching.
>Closer listening reveals two ponies approaching, and one heading away.
>"B-but I'm not alright, I was being choked by some ruffian! She hurt my horn."
>He frowns like a child.
>"I don't know where she went. Have you seen any ruffians, ma'am?"
>>
>>26080719
Blink and mist out of here.
>>
>>26080719
WTH does our hypnosis not work anymore!?
>>
>>26080737
Do you want to leave the guard, or bring him with you?
>>
>>26080719
If he thinks he's been beaten by a ruffian then tell him she ran away and gave up.
Just feed him a lie he can give to others to calm things down. Hell the poor guy might even start to think he's a badass.
>>
>>26080719
He was a blue earth pony stallon with a yellow mane.
>>
>>26081044
Rather she and mare.
>>
>>26080737
>>26080793
>>26081022
"Uh, no. I think the ruffian ran away after the heroic fight you put up. You just missed that earth pony bastard."
>"Fight? I, uh. Heroic? Right, of course! I'll have to let the others know of the, uh, difficult duty I just performed."
>You then blink, and the stallion collapses in your arms, which quickly fade to mist as you hold your breath and fade under the door.
>As you reform, June looks at you and smiles.
"What?"
>"I take it you found some company? You look a bit spooked"
"I heard a lot of guards on that floor, too many to stay hidden from. One saw me so I hypnotized him and fed him some lies. Still, I think they're gonna be on alert now..."
>"Well, there's no fun if the plan goes off without a hitch. This was the security floor, so maybe we should go down a floor and try the elevator? Or is this gig getting too hot under the collar for you?"
>>
>>26081091
Yeah, no. We have no stake in this and it's not worth the risk of getting caught.
>>
>>26081091
Let's continue.
>>
>>26081091
Take the elevator. I'll be hard to gain June's trust if you don't go for the long haul. Besides we're already here and the risk of getting caught come no matter what happens so might as well finish.
>>
>>26081091
Heh might as well keep going
>>
>>26081091
We can go back outside and do this the easy way.
>>
>>26081091
Unless we can easily get into the elevator shaft and fly up I'd rather get out of the building.
>>
>>26081133
>>26081145
>>26081194
Sorry. Friend build a quadcopter and wanted to show me. I had this written already, but forgot to post.
"I didn't quite realize this is what you meant by 'errand', but I'm in too deep now, I guess."
>She giggles a bit.
>"Works for me."

>You and June make your way down to the third floor, finding it dark and abandoned.
>It's mostly small offices and cubicles with train timetables and other paperwork.
>The elevator is centrally located, and you find it easily.
>You select the seventh floor, and the elevator heads up
>It's quieter than you expect. You hope no guards notice.
>"Once we get up there and leave the head, we can go out through a window. I know a slowfall spell, so you don't need to worry about little ol' me."
>When the doors open, the halls are surprisingly spartan, though still well appointed.
>Solid wooden doors with gold name plates line the halls.
>You don't see the CEO's office yet, just Vice President's, but the hall goes both to the left and right, both directions T-ing off once again.
>What does Mango do?
>>
>>26081712
Look for the biggest office on this floor.
>>
>>26081712
Ask June if she knows the name of the CEO so we can look for a name plate or something on one of the doors.
>>
>>26081712
Ask june for guidance to the office
>>
>>26081744
>>26081779
>>26081921
>Luckily the name plates show the titles of the ponies they belong to.
>You just need some direction
>"June, where do you think the CEO's office would be?"
"Well they get the biggest one, typically. The CFO might be the same size. Due to that, they're usually on one end or the other of the building."
>She points you to where she thinks it might be.
>"So either there or across the floor from there."
>You pick one and head there, finding the CEO's office, quite by accident.
>The office is stately, with a large wooden desk in the middle.
>Upon it is an ornate quill pen holder, which June spikes the severed head upon.
>"Heh, hopefully this has some time to stew before they find it."
>"Thank's, by the way, for helping me with this. I thought you seemed a trustworthy mare to me, but now I know it."
>"Anyway, lets get going."
>She levitates a window panel up and out, before looking down and hopping right out.
>>
>>26081999
Guess it's time to leave.
Fly outside to check and see if June can fly. It might be a good idea to make sure she doesn't go splat.
>>
>>26081999
Yeah let's go june already said she has breakfall spell so she'll prob be finee
>>
>>26082033
>>26082053
>You climb out of the window, seeing June sitting on the building's ledge, looking absorbed in thought.
>She snaps out of it, and closes the window behind you both.
>You glide down, while June just steps off the ledge.
>Her horn and hooves alight as she slowly floats down.
>You touch down a bit ahead.
>June then deftly drops herself a few inches from the ground.
>"Well that was enough excitement for the night, I think."
>"I haven't eaten in a few days, so I'm gonna head to my townhouse and see if the Spawn was anywhere near a success. I know you've just eaten, but good company is rare these days. I'd love to have you over."
>>
>>26082094
Sure as long as you promise i won't die in process
>>
>>26082094
Pausing.
Not sure If I'll be able to update for a few days.
Other QM's, especially FrankenAnon, since June was his character, are welcome to take over now.

If no one else comes I'll try to make time.
>>
>>26082094
It's could be fun.
Why not, see how the rich and fancy business mares live...or at least the undead ones.
>>
Boop
>>
Fuggin bats nd shit
>>
Reminder that Mango is a smelly, stupid poner with no friends.
>>
>>26084229
#Rude
It's not her fault she's a vampire
>>
File: 1449979857803.png (80 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1449979857803.png
80 KB, 540x304
>>26084295
>>
>>26082094
I'd rather not. We'll just get dragged into something else.
>>
>>26084305
Uhh she took a bath
>>
>>26085614
SMELLY
PONY
>>
>>26085926
Stop making mango sad
>>
>>26086570
>>
>>26087534
>>
bloop
>>
>>26082102
>>26082190
>>26084981
"You don't have anymore 'errands', do you?"
>She giggles in her southern accent.
>"No, I think I'm quite done. I think that went fairly well, considering you didn't even have to kill any of the guards."
"I guess I can tag along then."
>"That's good to hear."

>You follow her to her place.
>It's in a nice neighborhood near the cliffs.
>The house is fairly small, but extremely well appointed with antique furniture and opulent rugs on rich dark wood floors.
>"Have you eaten or drank anything but blood recently? I made some tea before I went to the meeting, if you'd like."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.