[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FimFiction thread - Now with 39.5% more protection from shitty raids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59
File: 277905511a87fe7f123bb66e000ea7.jpg (91 KB, 500x719) Image search: [Google]
277905511a87fe7f123bb66e000ea7.jpg
91 KB, 500x719
ITT: MLP:FiM fanfictions, on-topic discussions, off-topic discussions, Regidar killing himself today but will resume writing tomorrow, Not paying attention to what page we're on, prostitution raids, not reading horsewords for 3 years and wanting to get back into it because reasons, voiceguy needs a good jenkem recipie, debating fics you read 2 years ago, and writing a rainbow factory knockoff thats even worse than the original.

Tired of the same old 'Human goes to Equestria to fuck his herd of underage waifus' formula? Burnt out after reading that Fallout crossover? Well, we've compiled the best of the worst in order to bring you our absolute average!

Introducing, the FiM-Fiction Starter Kit (list of winners):
http://i.imgur.com/vuTA7EN.png

List of nominees by category:
http://mlp-fanfics.herokuapp.com/

>Need a somewhat average writing prompt?:
http://autismwhinnies.tumblr.com/

>how do I write fanfiction?
http://eznguide.neocities.org/

>Riffs & Reviews:
http://pastebin.com/u/notkickass222urmom

>Voiceguy's readings:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt68MpmvEketmqOdHncHI2w

>Prompt of the Week: Black stallions stealing white mares

Do you want critique on your story? Post it on Google Docs with inline comments enabled.

Old thread: >>25834423
>>
>>25847206
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/8222/world-of-chaos
Instead of sitting there and taking it like a bitch at the end of RoH, Discord ducks the friendship laser and counterattacks, banishing the M6. They need to figure out where they were sent and how to get back home.

Its probably dated now, but one of the only memorable 'discord wins' fics that I didnt drop

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/76290/celestia-sleeps-in
I think theres a requirement for this to be mentioned in every thread, so might as well get it out of the way now

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/95283/rise
Trixie does shit because reasons. Trixie redemption fic. I'm not even sure why its AU, aside from the fact its a side fic to the codes apprentice and I have no idea what thats about

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/92/a-world-without-rainbows---act-i-the-first-breach
Multiverse M6 think with portals and both sets have to deal with a very different equestria than theyre used to (NMM wins vs canon ponyland)
sadly the third book and its writer is kill

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/71281/cultural-artifacts
A WW2 vet and his house gets transported to horseland. Ponies wonder what this new creature is, the old guy meets pinkie and believes hes died and gone to hell

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/706/substitute-harmony
The M6 (minus ponk) gets kidnapped and a bunch of new bearers get thrown together because I know how much you enjoy fics that replace the element bearers :^)
>>
>>25848185
>Celestia Sleeps In
Interesting plot idea that gets thrown out the window in favor of a drab first encounter which is, admittedly, done pretty well and fairly realistically. The main problem is, it's fucking boring and has a very slow pacing. It's like reading an actual first contact diplomatic envoy's diary.
>>
>>25848231
>Interesting plot idea that gets thrown out the window in favor of...

Well to be fair, it would be a pretty short fic if she went there, took a nap, and went home without interruption

>It's like reading an actual first contact diplomatic envoy's diary.
Well thats not too far off the mark for what it is.

>meet entirely new alien species
>realize theyre not going to probe and/or eat you
>attempt to establish communication
>???
>profit

I'd actually prefer it if the fic just stuck to the dudes perspective and had a companion fic dealing with the ponies'. kinda like VAtS/SAtV did
>>
>>25848288
Yeah, the differing viewpoints got kind of stale. Alternating between Lyra/Dale is alright and all, but when the author describes the exact same thing from another point of perspective each time, it gets pretty damn dull.

Also when the author repeats the same internal train of thought many times throughout the story. I get it, Dale thinks the ponos are super advanced or whatever, you don't have to go on for three paragraphs detailing exactly how related to Star Trek they are.
>>
>>25848309
>but when the author describes the exact same thing from another point of perspective each time

True. Though along similar lines, it was generally hilarious when used in Cultural artifacts.

>Go on for 10 paragraphs in ponyview, describing the humans actions in excruciating detail while still remaining vague as to whats actually happening
>Switch to the humans perspective as he finishes shaving and wonders what the hell the ponies are staring at

And yeah its getting old with the whole 'I wonder how these super futuristic space aliens manage to make their space age home bunkers look like thatched roof wooden shacks. theyre so future-y and magnificent to behold'

Still for all the minor quibbles, CSI/OtPP still remains the best of the serious first contact fics, so we cant really bitch too much
>>
>>25848376
It's kind of sad that the bordering-on-mediocre is the best we have. It's good, but it could really use a competent editor. I haven't started reading Onto the Pony Planet yet, but I have a bad feeling about it, as goes with sequels like this.
>>
>>25848411
Well if you're not satisfied with the current offerings, anon,you could always make the attempt yourself.

You know all of the current gripes regarding first contact fics, so I'm certain you'd be able to either improve or circumvent the problems.

There have been several instances of "I like the concept, but the execution in X fic is just Godawful. I'm going to do it better" in this thread.
you could easily join them in writing 3 chapters before losing steam and giving up :^)
>>
>>25848185
Thanks for the last suggestion but I already read that :^)
>>
>>25848734
figures. Just thought I'd throw that in anyway. its goofy fun, but no one ever asks for M6 replacement fics
>>
File: Central_Ohio_Horse_Arsonist.png (2 MB, 850x1102) Image search: [Google]
Central_Ohio_Horse_Arsonist.png
2 MB, 850x1102
>>25848130

Wh-wh-what happened?!

Also Futaroo getto!
>>
>>25849612
a really shitty raid about horse prostitution.

we were on page 8, I was typing up a well thought out reply, when between clearing captcha bullshit and hitting post we died.
>>
>>25849633
You must be really shitty at captchas then.
>>
>>25849697
there is that, but no. we dropped 2 pages in as many minutes
>>
>>25849612
I really, really want to read that.
>>
So...
Are you writing anything?
>>
>>25850169
Yes.
>>
>>25850169
I'm writing a response to your post.

...aaaaaaaand done.
>>
>>25850169
I'm finally getting around writing an update for one of my fics since July.
>>
>18th birthday today
>spending it by posting on /fimfiction/
subscribe to my blog please
>>
>>25850575
Congratulations on making it for one more year.
Now go be productive and write something, you bum.
>>
>>25850586
>tfw can't even be productive and write something
>>
File: I do, really.gif (497 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
I do, really.gif
497 KB, 500x272
>>25850599
Certainly not with that attitude.
>>
>>25850169
I made the mistake of including Ponka in one of my scenes, so now I'm stuck because writing her properly is really hard and the temptation to turn her into a lolsorandumb fourth wall breaker is always there, an easy way out which would reduce the quality of the fic, but then again, she only shows up for one or two scenes, so what could it hurt?
>>
>>25850637
>so what could it hurt?
This is how Hitler started World War II
>>
>>25850653
I want to picture young Hitler sitting at a café with his Jewish editor reviewing his crossover of Nosferatu and the Cabinet of Doctor Caligari, and telling him it's shit.

"Du wirst sehen, Abraham. I'll prove to you Doctor Caligari and Count Orlock are made for each other!"
>>
>>25850756
Write it in. Do it. It's gonna turn out great.
>>
File: 2015-12-22_19-43-18.png (163 KB, 1183x752) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-22_19-43-18.png
163 KB, 1183x752
Is this 2011 again? I just can't escape the Project Horizons autism even when I'm trying to get free TF2 items.
>>
>>25851369
>TF2 items
>Is this 2011 again?

apparently. who still plays tf2?
>>
>>25851673
People who like playing good games instead of the ones who just play whatever's popular at the moment.

It's been the third most played game on Steam for years.
>>
>>25851995
What you're describing doesn't match up with the subject of this discussion, anon.
>>
File: 1359940000256.gif (1 MB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1359940000256.gif
1 MB, 400x267
>>25852025
But I am describing TF2.
>>
>>25852036
Then you are either a time traveler, have a 4 year delayed reaction or have serious episodes of amnesia.
>>
File: 1359667294743.jpg (176 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
1359667294743.jpg
176 KB, 1400x1050
>>25852052
>hurr game is not fun anymore because cosmetic items automatically ruin gameplay
>>>/v/
>>
Horsewords.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/1990/waking-nightmares
>1,5k likes
>only 64 dislikes
>>
>>25848130
>Nignog stealing my Aryan pegasi

/pol/ was right
>>
bump before I forget
>>
File: 1440091900564.png (29 KB, 261x298) Image search: [Google]
1440091900564.png
29 KB, 261x298
>>25853231
I was watching the page counter, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.
>>
>>25853239
On my way to steal yo bump
>>
Hey anon, you can bump now
>>
>>25853793
It's just page 8
>>
>>25853854
It's page 8 again.
>>
File: url.png (22 KB, 446x361) Image search: [Google]
url.png
22 KB, 446x361
>>25853968
You dumb fuck, we both posted with sage, and you fucked it all up.
>>
>>25853979
It's page 1 again.
>>
>>25853992
It is.
>>
>>25848185
>A World Without Rainbows
There's also The Night That Never Ended (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/25219/the-night-that-never-ended), which is actually complete.

I really need to get around to rereading it since I've forgotten pretty much the entire plot.

>>25850169
I'm writing that Rainbow Factory accounting story and a comedy oneshot centered on bureaucracy.
>>
File: at last i truly see.jpg (23 KB, 254x215) Image search: [Google]
at last i truly see.jpg
23 KB, 254x215
Guys.

We should all write something together.
>>
>>25855137
I remember there was an initiative to do something like that in the early threads. We create a single narrative together, and everybody writes one chapter each.

Surprisingly, we never got around to do that.
>>
>>25855137
>>25855162

What about a rule book for us to conform to?

Something like Encyclopaedia Equestria, with basic laws regarding magic usage and trivia regarding species and lore. Nothing too constrictive to limit our creativity though.
>>
>>25855351
you mean the mlp wiki then
>>
>>25855361
Except they barely go over concepts such as race distribution and how magic spells work, nor how much an unicorn is capable of accomplishing.

It's good for lore and trivia about the show, but even then it's lacking in some parts.
>>
>>25855382
>Except they barely go over concepts such as race distribution and how magic spells work, nor how much an unicorn is capable of accomplishing.
Not true. They just provide hard facts from the show.
You just want a headcanon wiki, don't you?
>>
>>25855351
You don't need to do that all in advance. A more interesting approach is this:
One guy writes a story. He takes the lore stuff from it, and puts it in a shared document. That's in "the lore" now. The next time someone writes something in this project, he sticks to the already established lore, and writes down any new things he came up with into the shared document. And so on.
It's a procedurally generated clusterfuck, which sounds entertaining.
>>
>>25855518
nice
epic
i like it

When are we doing this?
>>
How do I into prose? I keep writing like i'm doing a college essay
>>
>>25855535
>When are we doing this?
are you new here? we talk about shit to do frequently, and thats as far as it goes.

you dont actually expect us to follow through on anything, do you?
>>
>>25855692
Read a novel and try to emulate the style.
Read a lot, actually. That always help.
>>
>>25855949
wat
>>
>>25856024
Ignore that, wrong thread.
>>
>>25856153
At least it was a bump.
>>
I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I can't think of anywhere else to go.

I'm trying to read through the files in the fimfarchive, and when I try to write their contents into a text file, I get a bunch of weird symbols. I assume this is because Python isn't parsing the unicode properly, but I don't know what kind of encoding it's using. Does anyone know what kind of unicode it uses or how to fix this problem?
>>
>>25857676
Weird like &, or weird like 夬? The former means you need to fix the handling of HTML entities when parsing. I don't actually know how fimfarchive stores things but I assume they just downloaded the HTML versions of all the chapters? The latter means you need to fix some character encoding settings in either your Python file reading code (more likely) or in whatever program you're using to view the text files (less likely, most should auto-detect encoding properly). In particular, there's a character encoding setting somewhere in the `sys` module that probably needs to be set to UTF-8 before you open the file. Either that or you need to open it in binary mode (so read() produces bytestrings instead of decoding to text automatically) and then `.decode('utf-8')` on the result.
>>
>>25857841
First rule of tech support- assume the guy with the problem is a moron.

Isn't everything in fimarchive in epub format?

>>25857676
Try an epub reader/converter instead of mspaint or notepad or whatever bullshit method you're attempting
>>
>>25857841
Thanks. I fixed it by callling encode('utf-8') before writing to file.

The archive contains all the epub files, which I used some random library to convert to a string.
>>
>>25857960
It is in epub format, and when I say read, I meant using Python to process the epub's contents as a string so that I can do stuff to the contents before writing to file, though I can see why it might look like I'm using some really retarded method to open epubs.
>>
“Fine.” Applejack reached out with her family. She betrayed my trust and she had picked up an Eyes-Forward Sparkle for hellhounds. We made it through a few, who have lived through the corridors of the vat of swirling I.M.P. below.“Look, I’m good with magical energy. *** *** ***Xenith took an involuntary shudder, trying to pour it down with a deftness I would not approve. SteelHooves joined me because, like him, I put my reinforced Canterlot Police Barding protected me from the roof of the roof of the illusion’s mouth.“…to be sorry for. Your experiment after
>>
>>25858021
Whoops, didn't mean to post that yet.

Anyways, I used a Markov Chain in order to try and write a fanfic. I figured the result aught to be better than some fanfics out there, and was wondering how good I could get it. The above sample is obviously trained on Fallout:Equestria, though I have hopes of eventually sampling from all of fimfiction.

If I can refine the algorithm a little, maybe adding in some NLP stuff, I might consider publishing some of its outputs just to see how people react.
>>
>>25858063
>I might consider publishing some of its outputs
you just became the laziest creator on fimfiction. and your output will still rate average as far as fics go.
what does that say about half the people on fimfiction?
>>
>>25859644
>Average

It'll rate as fucking godly if he mentions how he did it.
>>
>>25860010
This.
Markov chain-generated text is fucking hilarious when it makes sense BECAUSE you know it was just a happy accident.
>>
>>25860260
so...just like normal fanfiction then?
>>
>>25860265
...no?
your joke makes no sense
>>
>>25858063
You should train one on this thread. Go find the last couple threads that turned into 500 posts of GUNS GUNS GUNS, train on those, and next time guns come up ITT, reply to people with randomly generated arguments and see how long it takes for somebody to call you on it.
>>
Quick question:
What's the fucking deal with a/an? some places tell me an should only be used for words starting with an "Ah" sound, but others (Including every spellchecker I've used) tell me that "An" should be used before any word that starts with a vocal.
What's up with that? Is it a polemic mater, or one of those "It's up to opinion bro" things?
>>
>>25861006
If the next word starts with a vowel sound, use 'an', otherwise use 'a'. Note that "vowel sound" is not the same as "vowel letter": "an hour", "a usual day".

It's not up to opinion, your sentence will sound completely wrong if you fuck it up.
>>
File: screenshot.351.png (3 KB, 186x191) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.351.png
3 KB, 186x191
>>25861039
Ah, I had through that but wanted to be sure.
Now I just have to find out how to bang it into Libreofice's head. At this rate I'll just start writing with errors marking disabled.
>>
>>25861006

If you're fluent in English just say it out loud for whether it makes sense. Such as.

"You're an idiot." Compared to "he is a useful idiot'.
>>
>>25861097
>If you're fluent in English just say it out loud for whether it makes sens
I've never managed to git gud in English pronunctiation. I have a good understanding of how it works in my head, but as soon as I try to say it out loud my tongue just doesn't seem to work right. I learned English from reading and hearing it, so I can communicate in it but have problems with the more "Serious" parts of the language, like that one.
Still, thanks for the answers.
>>
>>25861053
>Now I just have to find out how to bang it into Libreofice's head.
But your pic shows Libreoffice giving you exactly the right suggestion
>>
File: screenshot.352.png (579 B, 59x52) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.352.png
579 B, 59x52
>>25861160
I realized I was giving the wrong example and wrote pic related as an example.
So "Oh"/"Ho" is a vowel sound too? How the heck does it work? "Weak" vowels are vowel sounds and "Strong" vowels aren't?
>>
>>25861185
An /armee/
An /opal/
A /youneet/
>>
File: screenshot.354.png (846 B, 165x157) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.354.png
846 B, 165x157
>>25861228
>A /youneet/
OOOOH it makes sense now. I'll have to use espeak more often to check these things, too.
Seriously, thanks for explaining.
>>
>>25861185
Long U sound is actually a consonant sound followed by a vowel. This is the U in "unit", "usual", "fume".
>>
a usual
an unusual

sometimes i dont blame writers for having shitty grammar
>>
File: screenshot.355.png (2 KB, 298x180) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.355.png
2 KB, 298x180
>>25861368
Daily reminder that English is a clusterfuck of a language that was probably created by a monkey with a typewriter. A very evil monkey, in fact.
>>
>>25861399
English was made by niggers?
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.png (739 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.png
739 KB, 1280x720
>>25861427
Deep in our hearths, we are all niggers, anon. The nigger is that voice that tells us to penetrate that white woman, to eat those beans, to pick up those bananas.
>>
>https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/578491/one-final-christmas-gift-you-can-give

So...what fanfic changed YOUR life?

Snark aside, I think it's a nice idea
>>
I just had the weirdest fucking idea

A stallion surgeon at the Ponyville General Hospital has a bizarre, unhealthy obsession with female internal anatomy. He admits mare patients and opens them up just to look at their reproductive tracts in excruciating detail. I guess it would be like a weird exploration of various mares in the series and how I envision their wombs/ovaries differ from one another? I don't fucking know. I had some weird rapey parts included (if a mare comes in as part of a fertility thing, he would open them up, and then fuck them on the table, watching as their reproductive tract responded), but I figured that was kind of overboard.

Still though, I can't deny that the idea is enticing...
>>
>>25861552
I can't say fanfiction has changed my life, but if there's one particular story that I held close, it has to be this one.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3513/keeping-it-simple

There's something about this story that just clicks with me. I think it's probably the slow, organic feel it has (which I've unsuccessfully tried to emulate in my fics.)
>>
File: 1440737402892.png (54 KB, 281x213) Image search: [Google]
1440737402892.png
54 KB, 281x213
>>25861669
You disgust me. But I would read, upvote, comment and probably favourite it.
>>
>>25861669
this is slightly my fetish. kind of.

Weird how I'm not really against gore or blood if it's in a sanitary surgical environment. You wouldn't think that taking a hacksaw to someone's sternum is much different to carefully pulling open the skin with forceps after separating the flesh with a scalpel.
>>
>>25861427

No, we would have juicier vowels then.
>>
>>25861840
Well, it's far less edgy and shocking in a surgical environment because there's a heightened environment of professionalism. That's what I'm aiming for in this fic, anyway; aside from the clear unprofessionalism of molesting mares while they're out and under the knife, the doctor is an exemplary surgeon on par with Black Jack (well, maybe not THAT good, but he's passionate, well trained, and meticulous).

>>25861710
Thanks, that's my motivation to write it and my go-ahead.
>>
>>25862364
>Well, it's far less edgy
Far from being far less edgy actually.
>>
File: Josef_Mengele.jpg (36 KB, 191x328) Image search: [Google]
Josef_Mengele.jpg
36 KB, 191x328
>>25862364
How about stealthily implanting new organs, even from other organisms, just to see what happens?
And experimenting on twins, of course.
>>
File: 5iom-1432421301-3479-full.jpg (52 KB, 312x400) Image search: [Google]
5iom-1432421301-3479-full.jpg
52 KB, 312x400
Felt like posting my favorite fic here to keep this thread alive.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/3479/the-games-we-play

Shpping with a side of mystery and some feels. Even if you know the "twist," it's a damn good read. Very well written.
>>
>>25862880
This is the fic that made me visit this general in the first place. I've been staying away from this board for about 2-3 years until I've read it.

And now I'm here, arguing about OP subjects, ITTs, and My Little Pony lore.
>>
>>25862880

I thought it was a really good story, well done though I think the mystery is a bit strained. Pretty obvious who it was from the get go, but still a good read.
>>
>>25863082
Actually, Pinkie being jealous of Mare Do Well really threw me off, at some point I was considering Twilight and someone else I'm forgetting and assumed that the story mentioning Pinkie a little too often meant rejection was one of its focus points.

I worked really hard on those spoilers.
>>
>>25863082
Agreed. Though I feel it isn't about the mystery, but more about the character development between Rainbow and MDW. That's really where the story shines. I knew who it was maybe 5 or so chapters into it, but it didn't really take away from my enjoyment of the story and the character development.

Also that chapter after the reveal might just be my favorite writing ever
>>
File: screenshot.357.png (5 KB, 890x86) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.357.png
5 KB, 890x86
>>25862880
One of the very few pieces of fanfiction I'd actually call "Deep" with a straight face. Keeps you intrigued until the last moment, and for some reason I can't quite remember I was utterly convinced Mare Do Well was Rarity. I even remember joking at myself about her being (Actual spoiler:)Pinkie multiple times.
In something I am writing about horse superheroes, I am trying to capture the atmosphere of uncertainity, make the readers ask themselves the real identity of each heroe.
For example, two of them are Mind Master and Gnawer, the first is a RULES OF NATURE pensative&brooding heroe with a design similar to MDW's who has a bit of a pretentious vein and can control the mind of people, the later is a silent heroe whose sex remains indeterminate that can control animals. I want to play with characters like this, two heroes that could be the same individual but that hate each other for various reasons, generaly extremely disparing philosophies and metodologies. Pic related, a quote from a character, pretty much wraps my view in the general idea of heroes. And yes, it's supposed to sound pretentious.
Hell, at first I even played with the idea of not giving away the real identity of the main heroe. It'd have a action scenes interwined with slice of life of multiple characters, slowly hinting at the real identity. I trashed the idea because then the story would become more of an experiment than a story, but the idea still sits there influencing a lot of things.
>>
>>25863183
>of each heroe
>brooding heroe
>silent heroe
>main heroe

Also, there's an error in that screenshot, it should be "an inner sense" instead of "a inner sense".

Still, I'd like to read it someday, sounds interesting.
>>
>>25863235
>Heroe
Ah, yeah. Been sleeping like crap lately because of pups (Seriously what's up with them they wake me up at 8 AM to let them out like a goddam clock) and it's getting to me. At this rate I'll have to make them sleep outside and they aren't even six months old.
>>
>>25862381
I disagree. "Crazy weirdo who kidnaps ponies and operates on them in a shed" is way more edgy than "Crazy weirdo who does weird shit to his patients while they're under the knife but ultimately never hurts them physically".

>>25862406
Oh Joe, you lovable weirdo! Eh. This is more about my weird womb fetish than it is about scientific body horror. Although... I think you may have given me a new fetish, you monster. We'll see what happens.
>>
>>25863338
>I disagree. "Crazy weirdo who kidnaps ponies and operates on them in a shed" is way more edgy than "Crazy weirdo who does weird shit to his patients while they're under the knife but ultimately never hurts them physically".
I'd argue they're equally edgy for different reasons.
>>
>>25862880
I remember reading that a while ago. Any stories like this nowadays?
>>
>>25863356
then please do
>>
>>25864345
Nah, I'm too busy looking up bible verses to give my strange Spy weapons relevant names and descriptions that would fit my exorcist-themed cosmetic loadout.
I mean, I'm busy.
>>
>>25864366
>Bible verse for strange spy weps

Any nice names you got?

Must be better than Crystal, H.U.D., MkIV for some sunglasses
>>
>>25864366
>calls my idea edgy
>that whole debacle
oh dear
>>
File: thank you based drawfriend.png (60 KB, 311x579) Image search: [Google]
thank you based drawfriend.png
60 KB, 311x579
>>25864419
I like my YER ("The old has passed away; behold, the new has come"), DR ("No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed") and Kunai ("For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal, declares the Lord"
It's mostly descriptions, the names usually specify what verse I'm quoting.
I've got some others, but they're either lame or even edgier.

>>25864459
I'm the Anon that unironically enjoys edge. You won't ruin my fun.
>>
>>25864500
then you'll take a gander at my fic?
>>
>>25864741
Sure, why not. Sounds interesting.
>>
>>25863115
huh. so its just one pony then? I kinda figured with MDW involved it meant everyone was trying to fuck dash while pretending to be darkwing duck
>>
>>25865092
No, the mystery is mysterious because they all threw their costumes away.
>>
"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone else to feel like that." - Robin Williams

Where my depressioncore fanfiction at
>>
>>25865232
yo, I gotchu covered

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/285780/weight
>>
>>25865784
I really liked that fic the first time you posted it here.
>>
File: 1400202926212.gif (54 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1400202926212.gif
54 KB, 255x255
So, what's your favorite kind of fic? Adventure? Comedy? Crossover? Slice of life?

I'm a sucker for romance fics, especially if there's some adventure to break up all the fluff
>>
>>25865851
Romance or adventure.
>>
>>25865851
Either slow-developing, organic romance, or stories about unrequited love.
I'm a sucker for 'em.
>>
>>25865851
Light-hearted romance-adventure stories. The kind where characters fall in love during a quest while cracking jokes and making snide comments at each other.
>>
File: 1205202326612.jpg (28 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
1205202326612.jpg
28 KB, 400x341
>>25865868
>>25865914
>>25866650

>no one says clop
>>
>>25867559
Why are you assuming I don't masturbate furiously to ponies falling in love?
>>
>>25867559
I like to read fanfics for the stories. Clop doesn't tend to have a good story, considering the main draw is sex rather than character development.
>>
File: narrative.png (121 KB, 251x303) Image search: [Google]
narrative.png
121 KB, 251x303
>>25867681
It's not like you can't have both, but you're right. The majority of clop stories are about the sex rather than the intimacy and character development.
>>
>>25867681
>>25867723
but light hearted organic stories dont usually have fountains of jizz.

everyone loves enough jizz to fill several swimming pools flying around
>>
>>25863338
In the real world, you can't get away with implanting most other organs because the body will reject them, and that's no fun. With the power of Magic™, you can make parts of the living matter see-through, work in overdrive, resize existing organs or help transplantation of completely different and bizarre organelles. Yes, organelles, cellular organs.
>"Well hello, and good morning Miss Fall. As you might have guessed, the appendicitis operation was successful, but I took some liberties and replaced that awful hole left by your appendix with a giant clump of ribosomes encased in a cellular membrane. If you feel weird or your hormones are out of whack, just call me."
>>
File: 24 American English Consonants.png (10 KB, 296x288) Image search: [Google]
24 American English Consonants.png
10 KB, 296x288
>>25855137
I'm game.

>>25855162
>in the early threads
Didn't it have to do with eldrich abominations attacking Equestria or something like that?

>>25855535
>When are we doing this?
The starter kit's still not finished, if that answer's your question.

>>25861185
The "u" sound (you) isn't considered a vowel sound, but a consonant sound. Pic related's the 24 consonant sounds used in American English. the "u" sound is /j/ "A" should be used with words that start with them.

>>25861669
How would it end?

>>25864366
>fit my exorcist-themed cosmetic loadout
Just go full Evangelion and use the Talmud.

>>25864500
>YER
>DR
>Kunai
What? I'm especially confused about kunai, since google informs me it's a Japanese dagger and has nothing to do with healing or medicine.

>even edgier
Ah, you're using Isaiah 34:7.

>>25865851
I like writing comedy and I like reading adventure.

>>25867559
I'm so deep into my fetish I can't get aroused by regular clop.
>>
>>25868857
>I'm so deep into my fetish I can't get aroused by regular clop.
when you get to a point where sex isnt sexy, maybe its time for professional help
>>
Anyone make a pone christmas carol fic? Any recommended christmas/hearth's warming eve fics?
>>
>>25869466
Id prefer diamond dog chaunnachka
>>
>>25869821
>not zebra zekanzaa
>>
>>25869845
money hoarding, slave holding hunchbacks clearly celebrate chaunnachakca

zebras have made up bullshit like kwanzaa
>>
fuck me hit post too early.

cucarachannacha has been around for ages. kwanzebrica is just some made up shit so zebros could have their own holiday.

I dont want to hear about some made up bullshit holiday in my horsewords
>>
>>25869872
lmoaing @ ponyfags who celebrate a holiday dedicated to the death's of thousands of their own kind while only 6 survived due to "friendship"
>>
File: 45.png (91 KB, 227x253) Image search: [Google]
45.png
91 KB, 227x253
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

I'll probably do a thing to celebrate the Holiday. It'll most likely be shit.

No joke though, I love Christmas and I'll actually try to find a good thing.
>>
Seriously though any good holiday fics?
>>
>>25869945
what do you want man-
pony christmas is a dumb idea, and for hearthswarming we have an origin story but no canon indication as to how that is actually celebrated several millennia later (aside from throwing a kindergarten tier play)

what do you want, bro? fucking santa hooves or some bullshit?
>>
>>25869969
I don't know something original? Winter wrap up on the show was pretty cool despite it having nothing to do with christmas and shit
>>
>>25869992
Original?
Original horsewords?

Such a thing does not exist

Perhaps you would enjoy an EqG/smash bros crossover?
>>
>>25869945

Try a few of these on for size:

https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/578351/merry-hearth-warming-fic-recommendations-to-all-
>>
the 60 current longest fics on the site.

how many have you wasted time and brain cells reading?

12 here. dropped 2 of those

also 1.3 billions words? whos an autistic enough dude to try reading all that? voicey?
>>
>>25868857
>What? I'm especially confused about kunai, since google informs me it's a Japanese dagger and has nothing to do with healing or medicine.
Your Eternal Reward, Dead Ringer and Conniver's Kunai. They're weapons in an online class-based multiplayer FPS focusing on teamwork between different classes, called Team Fortress 2.
>>
>>25870587
5, dropped 2 (Diaries of a Madman and Project Horizons)
Still waiting for Jericho to update.
>>
>>25870587

Just one; Fallout: Equestria. I've got TPC on my RIL list, though.

Also:
>Fly to the Stars and Back
>721,217 words
>911 views
>11 chapters
>2/1 L/D ratio

First of all, who the fuck writes 70,000 word chapters? Second, who writes three-quarters of a million words that barely anyone reads, and the people who do read it don't even like it?
>>
>>25870597
youre not the one who just started reading diaries, are you?

I dropped The Pack halfway through the first chapter and The Wandering Physicist Adventures pretty early on too. And I just now noticed the writer of TWPA is... wandering physicist. I dont remember why I dropped it, but that may be a clue right there
>>
>>25870613
>who the fuck writes 70,000 word chapters?
I wish I could remember what it was called, but I distinctly remember seeing a fic, possibly a star wars crossover, which had two chapters. Two 120,000 word chapters.
>>
>>25870587
Exactly zero.
The longest thing I've read is, I think, DoWaS, and I'm reading the sequel now.
>>
>>25870587
Jericho is the only one for me, and I'm several chapters behind on it.

Also, I'm a little surprised only three of BlackRoseRaven's fics are on there
>>
>>25870587
Four. MLP Time Loops, Fallout: Equestria, Piercing the Heavens, and This Platinum Crown (though I haven't read any of the chapters of TPC since April of last year).

I could have read War and Peace 7 times instead going by word count.
>>
>>25870914
>I'm a little surprised only three of BlackRoseRaven's fics are on there
they used to be considered long, until million word shitfests became more commonplace
>>
>>25869936
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56826/yes-apple-bloom-there-is-a-santa-hooves
>>
>>25870615
No, I'm the one telling him to drop it.
>>
>>25870914
>and I'm several chapters behind on it.
Take your time, the author is currently working on his book.
>>
>>25871487
its no worse than any other hie out there
>>
>>25870066
Sure m8 any recommendations? :^)
>>
>>25871992
It really is.
>>
>>25872252
http://www.fimfiction.net/stories?tags%5B%5D=g%3Aequestria_girls&tags%5B%5D=g%3Acrossover&order=words
any of these will do.
>>
>>25872309
have you tried reading any hies beyond diaries anon?

diaries is a finely polished turd among all of the other, not polished turds that are human in equestria fics
>>
>>25872328
Yeah, the stupidest one I've read besides DoaM was Rorschach in Equestria, and it was far less autistic.

>finely polished turd
I wouldn't even call it a turd. It's barely a half-digested dogshit raisin.
>>
>>25868743
Oh god, right in the biology fetish

>>25868857
>How would it end?
Hm, not sure. I'm thinking that maybe mares start giving birth to his kids and realizing what the fuck happened and he gets torn apart by and angry mob or something. I'm trying to have liberal amounts of black comedy to offset the "what the fuck"ness of the whole concept.
>>
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/578491/one-final-christmas-gift-you-can-give

This is a pretty great idea. I'd love to see some of the folks in this thread do this.
>>
>>25872354
>biology fetish
I think it's called "sexual attraction".
>>
>>25872368
No, I mean a fetish for—

Fine. Right in the anatomical and surgical fetish.
>>
>>25872365
>Every reader can name one or more stories that have fundamentally altered their lives, and plenty more that have helped them, subtly or not-so-subtly, to see the world in a new way.
uhhh...
>>
>>25872380
He's talking bout original fiction in that line too, bruv
>>
>>25872391
I'm aware.
>>
>>25870587
TPC, Detrot, and Dan Vs, If only TPC updated faster
>>
File: look dash it's the wonderbolts.png (22 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
look dash it's the wonderbolts.png
22 KB, 1024x683
>>25872354
Read Lolita. You might use its humor quite well in this. It's the same kind of general shocking subject.
Also, how about he runs away to Gryphonland from the ensuing angry mob? You could have him be assisted by a nationalist party called ODESSIE in full Diebitsch-inspired outfitting
>>
>>25872365
it is
>>
>>25872365
>>25873667
>hugbox
>>
>>25872380
If some fanfiction's managed to fundamentally change your life, either its author really shouldn't be writing fanfiction in the first place, or you really should be at the psychiatrist's right now.
>>
>>25873810
If any fiction at all manages to change your life at all, you should've been locked up years ago.
>>
>>25873823

Atlas Shrugged changed my life! I read it once, now I'm gay!
>>
>>25873823
We should all have been, anon.
>>
>>25873846
No, you just realized you were always gay.
>>
>>25873823
How about non-fiction?
>>
>>25873936
Some psychological motivational bullshit helps morons sometimes.
>>
>>25873952
How about a research paper on evolutionary self learning algorithms?
>>
>>25873988
Please explain how this would change your life.
>>
>>25873999
obviously 2deep4u tripanon
>>
>>25873999
Because I'm an engineer and this shit's useful, so knowing it will improve my life, albeit just by a tiny little bit?
>>
>>25874063
The correct answer is it doesn't change shit, it barely even affects your job.
Congratulations, I won, goodnight.
>>
>>25874075
What a cunt.
>>
>>25874099
lol mad cuz bad
>>
ded thred bump lel
>>
>>25873823
Doesn't sound odd at all to me. There's this guy I met in uni that more or less has ended up where he is in life because of a work of fiction. He read Sophie's World at a young age, it had a huge impact on him, he got really into philosophy, went to uni, and now he's in some research thing working with what he loves, and trying to eventually get a job as some kind of lecturer or something. It's been a while since we last talked.
>>
File: 1428175060219.png (19 KB, 192x239) Image search: [Google]
1428175060219.png
19 KB, 192x239
>reading Mein Kampf again
>want to write a story where a copy falls into Sweet Apple Acres
>applejack doesn't know what jews are, but can still apply the overall ideas to unjust systems in Equestria
>starts a revolution
>Rarity finds a copy of the Communist Manifesto and starts a counter revolution

Someone stop me. I don't want to be that autistic.
>>
>>25873823
tell that to scientologists
>>
>>25875123
>philosophy
>working with philosophy
So a book ruined his life because he's an impressionable tool?
:^)
>>
>>25875630
I would if they promised not to hire some gangster to silence me.
>>
Is it too far to assume Manehatten has some kind of Central Park equivalent?
>>
>>25875123
>Sophie's World

Interesting book, but really a clusterfuck, especially after you discover Sophie was book.

Thanks anon, you now gave me a craving for an equivalent story in Fimfic.
>>
>>25876371
Literally nobody would complain if you went with that
>>
>>25876677
dubba dubs

and i dunno, man. some folks will bitch about anything.
>>
>>25877314
Then there's no point in worrying, is there, Anon?
>>
>>25873678

>No hint of humanity or sympathy may be allowed within the anonymous 4chan collective!

>>25875261
>again

What the hell, anon? No, no, just no.
>>
>>25870587

I cannot fathom writing a story over 800,000 words. That's longer than war and peace. Not to mention a lot of those stories only have a few thousand views.

I have a story that's 70,000 words, it took me a year to finish it. A story that beats out a number of those door stoppers in views and likes even.
>>
>>25877750
>>again
I think in a lot of those cases its just a matter of the guy writing it not having a plan outlined and just running with it.
A handful of tards start sucking his cock, so he continues long past a reasonable end point, and if you cant find a good place to stop (or dont want to as that would cause the dicksucking to end as well) just keep it going until the wheels fall off and it implodes. (and then kep going for another 350,000 words)
>>
Merry whatever it is you do or don't celebrate today.
I hope you have fun regardless, Anons.
>>
>>25877750
The Lord of the Rings trilogy is around 500k. That's my personal measure.
And what matters is how you use the words, not how many of them you use. Waste not a word, and pack as much relevant detail and information into every single one of them.
>>
Merry Christmas!

(http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/579062/merry-christmas)
Is it just me, or is The Descendant the comfiest Fimfic user?

>>25869969
>no canon indication
Pic related. It's pony Christmas but with lore instead of Santa. There's also the Pinkie episode, which further confirms it with the "families do tradition stuff" aspect of Christmas.

>>25870587
>all those Fallout: Equestria stories
kek

>how many
I'm proud to say, none.

>>25872354
>not ending the story with him being tied up and placed under anesthesia by the angry mob
>>
>>25879194
>not ending the story with him being tied up and placed under anesthesia by the angry mob
an angry mob wouldnt be using anesthesia...
>>
>>25879194
>christmas tree hat
Tacky as fuck for a so called fashion pone
>>
>>25875261
That shit makes no sense. Applejack (and earth ponies in general) are the most proletarian of them all. It would feel much more natural for her to latch on to communist theory instead.
>>
>>25879770

Applejack is a capitalist concerned with sales and would find communism ludicrous and un-Equestrian.
>>
>>25879707
All of fashion pones products are tacky as hell. Even most of the 'good' gala gear was awful
>>
Merry Christmas! I fucking love this holiday.
>Non horse words related blog shit WHO DEY

>>25871336
Yep, that one.

>>25870587
>The Chase
As soon as I can afford the booze.

>Diares
Not even if you paid me. Go ahead and try though lol jk don't do that.

>Everything else

Maybe like a chapter whenever I feel like.
>>
>>25880314
>Not even if you paid me.
you dont read the shit you do get paid for, unless you just stopped posting about that hella long twijack thing. you think anyones going to pay you for anything?

read all the terribad shit for free and continue to amuse your one subscriber
>>
File: Mane_Kampf.png (71 KB, 798x800) Image search: [Google]
Mane_Kampf.png
71 KB, 798x800
OY VEYYY HAPPY HANUKKAH GOYIM
>>
>>25880854
nappy wherealldawhitebitchesat week
>>
Have you surprised your readers with a Christmas update of your fic, Anonymous?
>>
Bleedin starts writing average-good fics.

How do you survive the singularity created by it?
>>
>>25877639
>makes fun of someone else for saying you're hugboxing even though you're clearly not
>ewww reading THE BAD BOOK??? nononononono...
>>
>>25881869
>update
>your fic
huh?
>>
>>25883811
Something holiday related. Like Santa hooves delivering gifts, then getting seen by willyfilly before he winds up getting anally railed by her.
>>
>>25879770
Applejack would see that earth ponies are underrepresented in Equestrian society, that leaches (unicorns and pegasi) suck their labor and work.

It's National SOCIALISM, anon.
>>
>>25884108
>Santa Hooves

Literally why.
>>
bemp
>>
>>25880683
>1 subscriber

Nah man there's 95 people now. I'm sure half of them are bots though.
>>
>>25885756
You think we would notice if bots were programmed to bring up debate subject every thread?
>>
Are OP traits less regarded on minor characters?

I mean I would have a big red flag coming up if self-insert OC is head of the EUP, married to some royalty and has gained a noble title of his own, but having a random pop-up character like that in a fic wouldn't bother me much.
>>
>>25886084
If said character serves a purpose to the story, yeah, no problem.
>>
>>25885756
Imma commission you. How much is 45000 words for yee?
>>
ponyvagina
>>
File: have you no shame.gif (182 KB, 384x408) Image search: [Google]
have you no shame.gif
182 KB, 384x408
>>25888158
>>
>>25887214
20 dollars.

What's your story, friend?
>>
>>25888857
>20 dollars.
such a whore. offering to use your mouth to entertain strange men for 20 dollars a pop.

for shame, you filthy whore
>>
So, you guys readin something?
>>
y so ded thred?
>>
File: Son_of_Nyx.jpg (66 KB, 668x293) Image search: [Google]
Son_of_Nyx.jpg
66 KB, 668x293
This guy was my squadmate for th
>>
>>25888857
All the new fanfictions you haven't read from me
>>
>>25892628
*this match
>>
>tfw someone switches their upvote to a downvote and doesn't tell you why
Sometimes, I really hate Fimfiction.

>>25881869
I did actually update the weird fetish story on Christmas, but that's only because I'm updating it every day until it's complete.

Not that it matters, since no one's reading it.

>>25884108
As a reader, I detest "special" chapters since they add nothing to the story and usually indicate an author wasted time writing that instead of the actual story. April Fools is probably the biggest culprit.
>>
>>25892628
>not nyx_son
>>
>>25889735
>20 dollars a pop
Eh

>>25892631
Oh god not again.
>>
Crazy, useless worldbuilding time.

---

Spells, like solutes, can blend in more or less easily into solid or liquid object. All spells are soluble in air, as this state is considered the actual casting of a spell. Solubility depends on a spell's complexity.

Simple ones, like light spells, can be incorporated into most object. Visual analysis and management spells can be put into certain object only, notably transparent ones as glass or higher quality crystals. Complex ones, like teleportation, are downright almost impossible to put in an object, and remain unstable if done so.

Spell solvability also depends on the solvant. Crystals are considered universal solvants, able to contain most spells due to some magic boogaloo involving their organization. The less an object's structure is organized, the more resistance it opposes to spells. This also takes in account density, making air, even if highly disorganized, able to conduct every spell due to its low density. Resistance is rated with a scale from 0 to 1, 0 being a very high quality, almost transparent crystal and 1 being the most resistant material.

Resistance can also be put to good use. Some spells relying on the spell traversing object can be stopped easily with resistors, or even reflected. Some modern material put in use in new EUP armor are chosen due to their high resistance, and thus offers protection against those spell.

---

Sounds good?
>>
>>25895787
Sounds solid.
>>
boys
urge
my
penis
>>
So I'm about to do the most autistic thing I've ever done and write a crossover fic (no I will not be telling what the crossover is), but I need some good Saddle Arabian names. Do these two ponies have a canon name? If not, does anyone have any ideas on some Saddle Arabian sounding pony names? I can't even get through chapter 1 without this.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-27+at+01.36.36).jpg (254 KB, 1316x768) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-27+at+01.36.36).jpg
254 KB, 1316x768
Anti-TCB was a mistake. I regret ever being one of the first people to get into it.
>>
>>25895787
I have no idea what youre talking about

>EUP
oh. suddenly i dont care that I dont know what youre talking about
>>
>>25898599

When you look into the abyss of autism, the abyss of autism laughs at what a sperg you are yourself.
>>
>>25895547
So I take that as a yes?
>>
>>25898599
Anything TCB related is a mistake is it any wonder why the author got rid of the story all together
>>
>>25898971
Yeah sure
>>
>>25899795

The story still exists.
>>
>>25899930
I didn't mean delete it, I meant he stopped writing it
>>
bamp
>>
>>25898776
>Title is useless worldbuilding
>lel idk wut youre talking about
>>
File: Christmas.jpg (237 KB, 779x922) Image search: [Google]
Christmas.jpg
237 KB, 779x922
>>25898175
A-Neigh-hu Akkbar
>>
>>25898175
Check the wikia, there's a page with the name of every pony who has appeared on-screen.
>>
>>25900968
Apparently not for those two pones.
>>
File: There you go.png (171 KB, 856x423) Image search: [Google]
There you go.png
171 KB, 856x423
>>25901141
http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ponies/Earth_ponies
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.