[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think that she is a bland character. Please change my mind,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
I think that she is a bland character.
Please change my mind, I want to understand this character
>>
>>27925590
Why even bother? EQG is objective shit and you shouldn't waste time and energy trying to understand anything about it.
>>
>>27925590
Before Glimmer she was the first character that was an enemy and then became a part of the main team. Supposedly she represents the Element of Redemption.
>>
>>27925590
>I want to understand this character
Go ask all the lobotomized faggots in the shimmy shammy wammy bammy general and delete this thread.
>>
Well, it is simple because it's a kid's movie

Anyway, so Sunset was introduced as foil to Twilight. She's Twilight if Twilight wasn't the Element of Magic. It's an interesting dichotomy, and only makes it more appropriate that they became friends. Also, since we know everything Twi does back in Equestria, and what Sunset does in the human world, it gives us interesting connections to reflect upon. Does Sunset send Twi letters as Twi did Celestia? Did Sunset do this when she was Celestia's student? What about now that Twi has a new student, and Sunset is teaching the human Twi? The progression of students to teachers is like seeing anew generation of friends form, from Celestia -> Sunset -> Twilight, but then Sunset fell from grace, so it became Twilight -> Sunset. Of course, they live in different universes, forming a split. Sunset -> Human Twi and Twi -> Starlight. I think it's interesting to think about how Twi taught Sunset, and now Sunset teaches Twi (the human one). It's like a repeat of the series itself. A powerful magical pony, with the cutie mark of the Sun, teaches Twilight Sparkle about friendship. Sunset & Celestia both fit this description.
>>
>>27925615
sorry if i take the devil advocacy but

> the first character that was an enemy and then became a part of the main team

this is not something that can make her a "better character", is just what happened in the first movie.

>Supposedly she represents the Element of Redemption.

How can REDEMPTION be an element that can represent friendship? Redemption is not even a virtue! It's just the act to redeem yourself.
>>
>>27925646
Redemption comes from forgiveness. Forgiveness is an important part of friendship.
>>
>>27925590
Ar least she's not as bad as Starlight, I found the difference being Sunset will actually acknowledge the existence of the Mane 5 and interact with them. As Starlight is incapable of doing that, that just makes her more bland.
>>
>>27925590
She's the only one studying magic as it exists and operates in an alternate world. There's a question as to whether she'll eventually go back to Equestria once she satisfactorily understands the magic in EqG world, in light of the friendships she's formed there.
>>
>>27925646
>Redemption is not even a virtue
so fucking what?
>>
>>27925646
Laughter isn't a virtue either, it's just the act of expelling lungs from your air in a rapid, vocal manner.
>>
>>27925993
>lungs from your air
*air from your lungs, goddammit
>>
File: 1453204256466.png (230 KB, 578x1381) Image search: [Google]
1453204256466.png
230 KB, 578x1381
I think that she is a bland character.
Please change my mind, I want to understand this character
>>
File: 1461830895894.jpg (209 KB, 723x1017) Image search: [Google]
1461830895894.jpg
209 KB, 723x1017
>>27925597
>>
>>27925993
Devil's advocate here, but laughter can easily represent joy/happiness.
>>
>>27926389
It can also represent mental disorder
>>
File: BFUgKVVmAUM.jpg (180 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
BFUgKVVmAUM.jpg
180 KB, 640x640
Because she's had one of the most interesting stories. She was power hungry to a point that Celestia thought it dangerous. She was demoted from her position as Celestias student but ran away to retain her hunt for power. She ruled her school with fear and manipulation. Her hunt for power assisted in her downfall and Reformation. She then had to deal with shit from her peers as she tried to redeem herself and was a social pariah. Even her friends still held a grudge and didn't intlvite her into their band. She then had to prove herself when she helped defeat the sirens. She then took on a role as magic expert during the FG and became a goddess when defeating Midnight Shimmer. She went from hated antagonist to beloved protagonist in an amazing way. I wonder what they will do with her in LoE now though.
>>
>>27926699
TL dr: interesting story, cool arc.
>>
>>27926013
the fuck?
>>
>>27926389
Redemption easily represents forgiveness.
Or hell, she can just be called the Element of Forgiveness. This is an argument of semantics, not concept.
>>
>>27925590
Uhm, no can do, she IS bland.
I kinda still like her, since I have a, very strong, hair fetish, but that's just me, I guess.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.