[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could someone please explain why everyone loves this episode?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: my_little_pony_s05e09.jpg (113 KB, 1024x572) Image search: [Google]
my_little_pony_s05e09.jpg
113 KB, 1024x572
could someone please explain why everyone loves this episode? slice of life seemed to destroyed the potential for the side characters to become more mature. don't fans want characters to have mental qualities distinctive to said pony? it's not interesting or exciting to see your favorite ponies on the screen when they're just grotesquely exaggerated representations. I don't understand
>>
>>27914474
Because after a bit, you realize they're going all out on the pandering, and just start to laugh at how far they're going to go with this shit. Alonzey was a bit much though...

That and the joke of the Main Characters being in the background for once didn't stop being funny for some reason.
>>
File: tumblr_mlm6o6bQzM1qmo3obo1_1280.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlm6o6bQzM1qmo3obo1_1280.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
>>27914474
Because Pandas.
>>
>>27914474
because 13 days remain.
>>
File: tony k happy.jpg (12 KB, 331x473) Image search: [Google]
tony k happy.jpg
12 KB, 331x473
>>27914474
>mfw all the reee over this episode still
>>
>>27914474
1. It showed how much self-awareness the show have. FiM goes beyond tea parties and hair brushing and after half a decade it really needed to show this isn't the ordinary "little-girls-show" (a term already in decline).

2. Regardless of FiM's current quality, it is HUGE thanks to the massive fanbase. THey can't copy the fanworks but they can acknowledge them in their own way. It's a 22-minute wink from DHX to the viewers. None of this could had happened if all those OctaVinyl fics were never written. The fandom virtually co-wrote the episode, if you think about it.

3. It was the 100th episode of an MLP show. Not many shows nowadays reach those marks. Think of it as a celebration party. And considering Larson already joked about appearances in the 200 episode, there's no doubt that the show have been a sucess so massive, that the 200 episode mark isn't a silly idea.

4. It was wacky and memetic on purpose. Remember who wrote this shit. Larson was aware of the fandom, and specially /mlp/. He knew this was his calling when the episode took all liberty to be a meme conga-line.

tl;dr. you caused this
>>
>>27914905
Have you heard what Larson said about Slice of Life in interviews? He actually didn't want to do it at first, he only changed his mind when he realized that treating it like a normal episode was the wrong approach. The guy may have set up the entire episode as a joke, but he also did his best to make it a good one.
>>
>>27914474
I don't feel it desroys any side character's potential, really. They were all characters that the show is never going to use in a story otherwise, except for Vinyl Scratch.
>>
>>27914905
i was laughing for 22 minutes; partly at the episode, and partly at peoples reactions to it in the live stream.
>>
it didn't destroy anything, these characters are all litteraly what the writer wants them to be.
>>
>>27914474
>Everyone loves this episode
I am a meme loving fuyck and even I think it was shit.
The only redeemable part was the ebin gummy philosophy part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9AoEDUsXo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.