[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How old are they?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Mane 6.png (223 KB, 900x567) Image search: [Google]
Mane 6.png
223 KB, 900x567
>There are people on this board right now who think the mane 6 are still young adults in season 6

Nigga what?
>>
>>27912111
They are still young adults. Also, nice trips.
>>
>>27912152
>They are still young adults

And where's your evidence?
It's all headcanon until the show outright states their ages.
>>
How many years has it been in-show since s01 e01?
>>
>>27912178
There's no good way to tell.
Seasons have passed in the show and if we were to go by that, probably about 4 or 5 years.
>>
Back in the day, Faust had said that the M6 were "teenagers with adult freedom." In that case, they would have likely been 17-18 around the start of the show, so it's safe to say they'd be like 23-24 now. Isn't that a young adult age?
>>
>>27912196
And are we assuming that they age according to how horses do IRL? (Adult by the age of 4-5, life expectancy of ~30, so multiply actual years lived by 2.5 to get a rough estimate of their "human age.")
>>
>>27912248
No. Most people believe them to age in a manner similar to humans.
>>
>>27912248
That's not to say that they won't live past 30 - the world record is 60, and when I was a kid we had an Appaloosa/Quarterhorse cross that lived to be 39.
>>
>>27912111
WE TALKING AGE GENDERS!?
>>
>>27912238
It's clear the mane 6 aren't all the exact same age, but it would be stupid to assume they are anything outside of 4 years apart in age.

I like to assume (like alot of people) that rarity is the oldest of the mane 6, being that she has owned her own business since season 1, and has now expanded that business immensely.

If I was to have a max age that rarity could be now in season 6, i'd make an educated guess of 28.

>>27912248
I believe they age in human years (it is fiction and contains magical creatures after all)
>>
>>27912196
Somewhere between 1 and 2 years. The ending to MMC fell on the 1 year anniversary of the events of the series premiere.
>>
>>27912275
>Somewhere between 1 and 2 years

Can you provide the exact evidence for that?
If there's literal evidence to prove that then there's no debate here.
>>
>>27912299
>posts dumb headcanon without evidence that the main characters aren't young adults anymore
>calls out others for posting headcanons with reasonable evidence suggesting otherwise

???
>>
>>27912170
It's also a headcanon that they're not young adults.
>>
>>27912170
>It's all headcanon until the show outright states their ages.

While their ages haven't been outright stated (the only concrete thing we have for the Mane Six is that Fluttershy is a year older than Pinkie Pie), they do look, sound, and act younger than other ponies, such as Carrot and Cup Cake, but they're also old enough to hold jobs and own property (e.g. Rarity and the Carousel Boutique). It's pretty reasonable to assume that they're young adults until we are informed otherwise.

>>27912178
According to "Princess Twilight Sparkle" (the Season 4 premiere), only one year has passed between Seasons 1 through 4, as that's when the Summer Sun Celebration comes around again.
>>
>>27912111
Exactly ages for the Mane Six are pretty much impossible to tell, given we know zilch about how ponies age. That said, we can guess at their relative ages based on where they appear to be at in life:

Rarity and Applejack are probably the oldest, having demonstrated they're capable of managing businesses on their own.

Next in age would probably be Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. Twilight Sparkle was essentially a grad student between Seasons 1-3, and you could argue her becoming a Princess was the magical equivalent of her earning her doctorate. Fluttershy's age is harder to guess, but we do know she's older than Pinkie Pie (by one year, however that's measured).

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are probably the youngest. Pinkie Pie is a baker's assistant and au pair, which suggests a teenager. Rainbow Dash has managed to earn a spot on the Wonderbolts, but it wasn't that long since she was competing in Cloudsdale's "best young fliers" contest. My guess is RD is something of a teenage flying prodigy; it wouldn't surprise me if it were revealed that she's the youngest Wonderbolt to earn a place on the team.
>>
>>27912312
>>27912317
And yet again the underage summerfags take the b8

It was a joke, something you are probably very familiar with, since you are one.
>>
>>27912343
>YES! TROLLED YOU XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>27912343
I'm also aware that only a year passed between the first episode of season 1 and the last episode of season 3, but the show is very, very bad at showing off a chronological series of events that makes sense.

the fact that they stated the falling of the leaves and winter wrap up to be annual events and they've had more than 2 of each happen throughout the course of the show would have me believe that 2 or 3 or maybe more years have one by.
>>
>>27912358
I can't wait till summer is over and you people leave.
>>
>>27912343
>pretending to be retarded
>>
File: 1459956678995.png (48 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1459956678995.png
48 KB, 200x200
Old enough
>>
>>27912434
It took long enough for you to turn up lewd anon
>>
>>27912111
The show is really bad a portraying it, but the age difference between the Mane 6 is waaaay bigger than people think.

Rainbow Dash is 19.
Pinkie Pie is 20.
Flutter shy is 21.
Applejack is 25.
Rarity is 37.
And Twilight is 60.
>>
The only direct statement that has even been made about their ages is that Fluttershy is one year older than Pinkie.

As for how they age, I tend to lean towards aging at a similar rate to humans, except of course for alicorns.

As to how much time has passed from the beginning of the series until season 6, 3 years feels about right.

My take, from oldest to youngest:

Rarity - 23 in S1, 26 now. She already had an established business at the beginning of the series.
Applejack - 21 in S1, 24 now. Seemed very mature at the beginning of the series.
Fluttershy - 20 in S1, 23 now.
Rainbow Dash - 20 in S1, 23 now. Putting her at the same age as Fluttershy.
Pinkie Pie - 19 in S1, 22 now. Stated to be a year younger than Fluttershy.
Twilight - 18 in S1, 21 now. Make sense that Celestia would send her out into the world when she was 18.
>>
>>27912458
Nice headcanon
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 501x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 501x445
>>27912343
>No guys, I was only pretending to be retarded
>>
>>27912178
only a year
this is based on the number of summer sun celebrations that have occurred in the show
>>
>>27912334
>old enough to hold jobs and own property

I dunno i guess that's one way to reason it.

Okay so Cheerilee must be 'old' because she's a teacher and that idea carries over into the EQG movies and makes it legit if we use that film as a gauge

What about Octavia or Photo Finish? she seems very mature, has an impressive career, both of them should be older than the mane six, yet again they attend the canterlot school.

Same with Fleur or the Diamond dogs, both are made into mane-six aged characters to attend the eqg schools, yet i'm fairly certainly we all perceived them as being at least adults in the show.
>>
>>27912501
Does the tank going away for winter episode not fit in at all with the timeline then?
>>
>>27912508
The mane six were fillies at the same time that cheerilee was a filly.
Many people don't like EQG because it literally made the mane 6 younger than their actual ages to shoehorn them into a generic high school setting.
>>
>>27912493
Its canon. I'd explain the evidence but a stupid Dashfag like you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>27912501
I think we've already seen 3 hearths warming episodes.
>>
>>27912515
From my observations as of being on the ride for most of it's course, the staff have cared less and less about the timeline and continuity of the show as it has dragged on.
>>
>>27912527
We've seen 3 hearthswarming episodes, 2 nightmare night episodes, and just a single hearts and hooves day episode

At the time of the third season, we had only seen one of each holiday!

I wager that the first three seasons all took place in a continuous timeline (one year) and the newer seasons (after the drastic change in the shows direction i mind you) all take place in a non linear timeline (episode x does not necessarily happen before or after episode y)
>>
>>27912527
>>27912549
Or that time travel Stralight did really fucked with the spacetime continuum
>>
>>27912508
EQG really screws with the characters' ages in a way that you can't really have 1:1 analogues with the main universe. For example, Celestia-Prime lived for over 1000 years (and didn't age for most of them), while Celestia-EQG is clearly an ordinary human with a normal lifespan, as magic didn't exist in the Equestria Girls universe (barring the existence of the mirror/statue portal) until Sunset Shimmer smuggled the Element of Magic into it (and used its power to become a demon).

As >>27912522 points out, Cheerilee-Prime was a filly at the same time as the Mane Six-Prime, so it stands to reason that she's the same age or slightly older than them (leaning more toward "slightly older", due to the education and qualifications required to legally be a teacher compared to, say, running a business like Rarity does [which some folks do without even going to college]).
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.