[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nightmare Moon did nothing wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
Nightmare Moon did nothing wrong.
>>
she didn't win
>>
>>27908936
Nyx*

Use her proper name shitlord.
>>
>>27909075
>proper name
*the one assigned to her by the facist regime she opposes
>>
>>27908936
She just wanted to be loved.
>>
File: 1411986381603.jpg (43 KB, 884x903) Image search: [Google]
1411986381603.jpg
43 KB, 884x903
>>27908936
My original reply to this would have been that her plan of creating eternal night was going to lead to the mass starvation and ruin of her kingdom, but in that alternate timeline this didn't seem to be the case at all.

So I really don't know what makes Nightmare Moon supposedly so evil, they would be just swapping one god-like monarch for another.
>>
>>27909079
Nyx would never do that. She was just trying to overthrow a dictator.
>>
>>27909086
Do you think it's actually more prosperous? After all, astronomy was one of the biggest fields when science first began to grow as a serious study. Equestria as we know it may not be as advanced because they never bothered to study the night as we did
>>
File: 1345490325519.png (2 MB, 1600x951) Image search: [Google]
1345490325519.png
2 MB, 1600x951
>>27909102
>Do you think it's actually more prosperous?
I imagine they became more militarized, that alone could have necessitated new forms of military industry and invention, and that's certainly a form of progress.

I imagine Chrysalis got her shit pushed in pretty badly if and when she attempted to invade.
>>
>>27909209
>Nightmare takeover timeline chrysalis invasion

I want to see that.
>>
>>27909086
Even the most ruthless dictator needs a few followers, if she was "ultra ultra" tyrant, eventually ponies would rebel and Equestria would become Libya 2.
>>
>>27909086
Except ponies are naturally diurnal, not at all adapted to night life. For one thing, vision without sources of light would be a problem.
>>
>>27909604
Which episode said this?
>>
>>27909088
I thought Nyx was her daughter or something?
>>
>>27909637
read Past Sins or not it might give you the autism
>>
>>27909637
I suppose in a way.
>>
>>27909609
They're awake in the daytime, sleep at night.
>>
>>27909753
And this means they're naturally dinural? I go to sleep in the day and post on 4chan at night, but I am not naturally nocturnal
>>
I want to faithfully serve Nightmare Moon

Hail Moon
>>
>>27909086
Food is produced using artificial lighting, powered by nuclear fusion/fission (or their magical equivalent). Replacing the Sun with such sources allows the royalty to gain greater control over the flow of energy - while sunlight reaches Equestrian land more or less equally, this method allows the ruler to directly decide where and how it is distributed.

Nightmare Moon has complete control over Equestrian society, economy and nature. Everything is centrally planned - there is very little room for liberty, autonomy, randomness. Ponies toil in factories and offices to further increase the might of their ruler. Culture is dominated by Nigtmare's personality cult and contemplating the beauty of nightly sky.

>(+)
Cool, massive industrial projects, some scientific progress, pretty stars 24/7.
>(-)
It's a totalitarian police state.
>>
>>27911453
Personally, I'm okay with this tradeoff.
>>
>>27911453
>state capitalism
So, basically Soviet Union 2.0?
>>
File: 1448959632265.gif (1 MB, 540x593) Image search: [Google]
1448959632265.gif
1 MB, 540x593
>>27911453
this pleases the night
>>
>>27909209
There would really be no reason for Chrysalis to invade, didn't feel the love coming off anyone in that timeline. Changelings probably just withered and died from lack of sustenance.

>>27909086
The thing i find odd is that NMM ditched Canterlot for her original castle which is surrounded by a still hostile Everfree. Don't think that makes a good seat of power considering communication/travel to the outside is potentially fatal to normal ponies. Coupled with the lack of any kind of civilian population seen kind of paints a bleak picture of what was going on there.
>>
File: legendary_ass.png (1 MB, 1250x1562) Image search: [Google]
legendary_ass.png
1 MB, 1250x1562
>>
She has totally rotten breath, though.
>>
>MFW a wild NMM thread appears.

If we need green to bump, I got some NMM green I wrote forever ago. Not sure if this thread is going to last though, so I'll leave it to you guys.

I do enjoy NMM discussion though.

>>27911570
>Move to the old castle
I think this is more of a gesture than anything else. Presumably NMM didn't view the rule of her sister as being valid. As such, Canterlot was never a "valid" seat of power in Equestria. It's not about practicality; the move was about tradition.
>>
>>27909637
Here's the gist of it.

There was a cult that worshiped Nightmare Moon and wanted her to rule Equestria. So they captured Twilight Sparkle to sacrifice her to the dark gods in return for Nightmare Moon. But Twilight escaped in the middle of the summoning ritual, leaving it incomplete. The result was a filly Nightmare Moon -- Nyx.

It's exactly as shitty as it sounds.
>>
>>27913733
I would like some Moony green, even if it's something I've read before. It's been awhile for me.
>>
>>27909086
Well, keep in mind the Cutie Map shows a huge percentage of Equestria is utterly fucked in that timeline - fucked as in, the terrain is drastically altered or outright gone - so it's quite possible that her ascent to power is accompanied by the annihilation of a good percentage of Equestria and its population.

Maybe that's why she's back in the Everfree Palace. I'll have to check the scene again, but it's possible that it's because Canterlot is just plain gone.
>>
Bullshit.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.