[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss why it sucks to have a trixie type personality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 15
File: sad_trixie_by_afkrobot-d5003wv.png (143 KB, 1000x944) Image search: [Google]
sad_trixie_by_afkrobot-d5003wv.png
143 KB, 1000x944
ITT: We discuss why it sucks to have a trixie type personality. Less complaining and more discussion, hopefully, but someone to relate to is nice either way.
>>
Please do not awaken Seth from his slumber.
>>
File: 100% Cocks.gif (414 KB, 373x400) Image search: [Google]
100% Cocks.gif
414 KB, 373x400
Holy fuck you're like Trixie and think that SUCKS?

What the hell it's awesome.
>>
Guys im tryin to be serious, im in a bad place in life right now and need somebody to love.
>>
File: 142278061128.png (12 KB, 417x500) Image search: [Google]
142278061128.png
12 KB, 417x500
>>27893897

Ok sure. I don't know about the rest of the faggots that post here being a temporary import and all, but I'll bit and offer you some hugbox if you explain exactly what your bad place is and how it has anything to do with you being like Trixie.
>>
>>27893813
Well I'd imagine it would be really hard to keep friends with a personality like Trixie's. Constantly making things about yourself and having the need to prove your superiority over others would drive most people away. Boastfulness is fine every now and then, if you're actually competent and can put your money where your mouth is, but if you compulsively lie about your capabilities and are exposed as a fraud, people will lose respect for you.

She's also got a bitterly jealous personality. Jealousy, when it makes itself visible to others, is an extreme deterrent. It shows you aren't capable of accepting when things don't go your way, and that you're actually willing to cause harm because of that. I'm paraphrasing someone else's words here, but a grudge is poison you intend for someone else that only harms you.
>>
>>27893910
Self centered, Egotistical, impulsively placing myself above people, the whole package. The trixie thing is mostly a coping method.
My bad place right now is that ive realized recently the way i think, how i place myself above others, how i have a hard time caring about other people because i only care about myself. Its impulsive since ive been doing it for so long and never realized, but now that i have, i cant help but hate myself for it. This is causing a lot of pent up emotions and relationship problems.

>>27893937
This guy words it much better than me.
>>
File: 1449559308797.png (942 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449559308797.png
942 KB, 1280x720
>>27893937

> Constantly making things about yourself and having the need to prove your superiority over others would drive most people away. Boastfulness is fine every now and then, if you're actually competent and can put your money where your mouth is, but if you compulsively lie about your capabilities and are exposed as a fraud, people will lose respect for you.

You would be amazed. The more self of a boastful showboat I've became over the years the more friends I've made. Social anxiety is orders of magnitude worse than narcissism for your social mobility, strictly speaking, and narcissists almost invariably make the best first impressions (this is documented).

I will give you the thing about grudges. That's the other side of the two edged sword here. Narcissists tend to shed friends very quickly if they don't tread a careful line in cultivating the relationships they pick up so easily.

>Self centered, Egotistical, impulsively placing myself above people, the whole package. The trixie thing is mostly a coping method.
My bad place right now is that ive realized recently the way i think, how i place myself above others, how i have a hard time caring about other people because i only care about myself. Its impulsive since ive been doing it for so long and never realized, but now that i have, i cant help but hate myself for it. This is causing a lot of pent up emotions and relationship problems.

It sounds like you have trouble empathizing then. This isn't something I've a good deal of experience with but let me ask you this:

Is it because you simply view people as less than and unworthy of your concern, or are you genuinely oblivious to their feelings? In other words, do you not know or not care?

Also is this a realization that dawned on you suddenly and now you feel like shit over it or did something traumatic happen?
>>
>>27894022
I'm actually very good at reading people, but honestly don't care. This troubles me.

And it did just kind of dawn on me at some point, a few months ago, and i've been fretting over it since.
>>
File: 134524154438.png (346 KB, 1077x1280) Image search: [Google]
134524154438.png
346 KB, 1077x1280
>>27894060

I see. Let's unpack that a little.

So you're full of yourself right? But you're also fretting over traits you have. And you claim to not care about people, but at the same time you want to?

Why do you have these mixed feelings, you think? I'd figure if you were say something like a full blown psychopath who literally did not give a shit you also wouldn't care that you don't care, so you're some kind of conflicted at least.

Most people are a mess, hell I've been a mess most of this year, don't beat yourself up too much over that. What you DO need to do though is figure out why you're fretting, and what you could possibly do to correct it.
>>
>>27893813
Stop being a narcissistic show-off, faggot. Not that hard to do. Stop fishing for attention for attention's sake.
>>
>>27893974
What is your ideal self-image, Anon? When you envision the perfect you, how does he act and behave?
>>
>>27894087
I don't know what i could do, and may just have to fight back the impulsive shit. It isnt that people dont like me, they usually think im hilarious, its that i cant stand most people.

>>27894092
The only reason im not an attention whore faggot is because i think before i speak, unlike you m8. This is one of the few times ive accepted that i need help, so let me have this one, alright nigga?

>>27894105
Lighthearted, doesnt take anything very seriously, not critical about everything.
Right now, i always try to criticize everything to try and place myself above it, which is shitty and makes it hard to relax about shit.
>>
File: the fuck is this shit.jpg (31 KB, 501x452) Image search: [Google]
the fuck is this shit.jpg
31 KB, 501x452
Wait wait wait, I thought we were talking about Trixie?
>>
File: 1453788786945.png (36 KB, 328x373) Image search: [Google]
1453788786945.png
36 KB, 328x373
>>27894092

Hey as a narcissistic show off faggot I object to this.

>>27894143

>It isnt that people dont like me, they usually think im hilarious, its that i cant stand most people.

Two questions.

First, most or ALL people? Is there anyone you can stand?

Second, if you hate people why are you conflicted about the fact that you hate people?

I think you must be denying at least some of your own feels here.
>>
>>27894188
Maybe ive still got some figuring out to do, you never know.
And just most people i meet, so not literally all people. There definitely are people i can really like, but most of the people i know right now have some small thing about them that i cant stand. Its irrational and annoying.

I want to be a good person, who doesnt second guess helping someone out, and has sensible ideas that arent extreme or stupid. Im not sociopathic, only stuck in a dumb rut of habit.

Now that i talk about my situation, it seems increasingly dumb. You guys can go to posting trixie if you want.
>>
>>27894143
If you want to take steps toward embodying that ideal self-image the first thing you're going to need to do is whole heartedly believe that change is possible. I don't know what your current view on the concept of people being able to change is, but if it is negative you're going to need a fundamental paradigm change towards the positive. That may not be easy, but it will have to be done.

People CAN change. Meaningful change takes time and IS difficult, but it is entirely possible. People change all the time, slowly and gradually (and very rarely, under outstanding circumstances, all at once). Expect and embrace the struggle towards your change.

Check yourself whenever you are acting in a manner that is not conducive towards your desired self-image. Be able to readily identify the actions, emotions and behaviors that you know longer desire, observe them, and be able to acknowledge the OPPOSITE emotion, action, or thought that leads you to your goal.

Vain = Humble; Pretentious = Modest; Pessimism = Optimism, etc.

Also, you MUST go into this change with a willingness to do things that you are usually uncomfortable and unwilling to do. Do not be afraid to make yourself look foolish.

You can change, Boy-o, I sincerely believe you and anyone else can. But make no mistake: it will be difficult. Starting, however, will be the hardest part.
>>
File: 1329470936961.png (141 KB, 900x850) Image search: [Google]
1329470936961.png
141 KB, 900x850
>>27894216

Well, look. You don't totally hate people and you're not a total sociopath. Just act how you actually want to act and work on impulse control.

Trust me being full of yourself isn't the problem here. I can tell. I'm not a doctor.
>>
Thanks to everyone who helped, Tripfaggins, Anon, Faggotanon who said some shit and got shot, genuine thank you.
>>
File: 142281991923.png (201 KB, 911x1024) Image search: [Google]
142281991923.png
201 KB, 911x1024
>>27894319

Eh you helped me kill time. I should be thanking you since ponychan is dying a slow death.
>>
File: tumblr_n56jjialcd1qkd8xuo2_500.jpg (34 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n56jjialcd1qkd8xuo2_500.jpg
34 KB, 500x336
Oh boy a Trixie thread
>>
>>27893937
>>27893974
>>27894022
>>27894143
>>27894237
>>
File: EVERYLASTSHADE.png (160 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
EVERYLASTSHADE.png
160 KB, 500x500
>>27895222

>tumblr

Nice filenames faglord
>>
File: image_10.jpg (52 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
image_10.jpg
52 KB, 600x902
>>27895239
Thx. I google-d for it
>>
File: 1333624482161.jpg (186 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1333624482161.jpg
186 KB, 720x720
>>27895261

Well that just makes you fuckin lazy how's that better?
>>
>>27895333
Wouldn't actually searching for something mean you're putting in more effort to find it, rather than waiting to come across it on /co/ or something?
>>
>>27895333
I dont want to bother it on mah phone
>Mobilefag

I like your pictures you post tho. So I like you too
>>
File: I have seen this before.png (196 KB, 857x800) Image search: [Google]
I have seen this before.png
196 KB, 857x800
>>27895463

>google

>effort

I'm not sure actually.

>>27895529

Oh mobilefag that explains it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.