[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I can sing well and have a sense of tone and know if I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: only option.png (67 KB, 588x591) Image search: [Google]
only option.png
67 KB, 588x591
I know I can sing well and have a sense of tone and know if I sing off key, but whenever I want to cover anything or share it with people I start being nervous and it chokes my throat
Only times I publicly sing is at a karaoke party or with friends who also sing. And whenever I hear my voice recorded it seems just terribly awful to me. It makes me afraid.
>>
>>27892079
Record a cover, and just listen to it over and over again. As a vocalist, you need to be used to your own voice. You'll be able to pick out different things in your voice you'll feel the need to work on and improve.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (49 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
49 KB, 208x208
>>27892079
Do it, faggot.
>>
>>27892183
I am used to my singing voice IRL, but not on a recording. What if I actually sound more like the recording (which sounds retarded)?

Like, I try to record something, not listen to it and post it, you can tell me how it sounds to you:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VMHbJRsg2q

I rush some words etc. so sorry for that (also shitty quality mic)
>>
>>27892183
Also I'll try a bit quieter now

http://vocaroo.com/i/s18TB7q6S4rb

I also don't talk very much, so my voice gets strained after a while.
>>
>>27892340
>shitty quality mic
there's a big problem. if the mic can't even pick up your singing register, then there's no point in recording. get a higher quality mic, and then try again.
Other than that, from what I hear, you have a problem with pronouncing things since you have an accent, I'm guessing. Almost like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Your pitch is pretty off in a lot of places. I'm taking a shot in the dark here, do you sing with the original song playing in the background all the time?
>>
>>27892379
Please don't try to be quiet when you sing, it's really not good for your pitch. When you hold yourself back, it does literally what it's supposed to do. Holds you back from performing at your best. If your voice gets strained, maybe you're singing in the wrong place. Try a lot lower in your throat and use your diaphragm for singing.
I recommend starting to do vocal warmups and practices before singing anything. Starting with running up and down the C major scale, then C# major, D, D#, E, F, and so forth until you cannot physically go any higher without straining.
To work on pronunciation,try and open your mouth a lot more when you sing. It sounds like you sing with your mouth only slightly open
>>
>>27892390
Yes, I know the melody and all, but I was guided with video in the background.

I don't know if I can pull of the pitch as high as the female singer can. (though starlight's pitch is generally lower).

I have rhotacism, so pronunciation is sometimes a problem. I try to mask it, kinda like Adele sings "skyfaw"

Kinda like Adele
>>
File: 2pepe.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
2pepe.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>27892379
>fat horsefucker voice
>>
File: latest.png (119 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
119 KB, 800x531
>>27892471
Not really fat though, just shy
>>
>>27892466
Do more singing without the backing track. It'll help you with pitch if you could hear yourself more clearly. A guide track will always make someone's voice sound on pitch when it usually probably isn't.
>>27892471
Klovod, don't you have somewhere else to shitpost? We're actually talking here, kid.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.