[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frostbitten (CYOA) #6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: hole.png (96 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
hole.png
96 KB, 1000x1000
https://www.anonpone.com/frostbitten/
Somehow, you managed through the night just fine. Not a nightmare in sight. It wouldn't be hard to believe that luck is on your side this time.
You slowly slump off of the bed, back onto your hooves. Today is a new day, full of opportunities and surprises. Full of loot to get your hooves on, too.
And hey, with luck on your side, who knows what you could find?
Trying not to put too much pressure on your leg, you gear up in your armor and walk out into the living room. Misty's sitting on the couch with her head resting on the table.
“Misty?”
She lifts her head up and looks at you. She smiles.
>Oh, good morning.
She looks like she hasn't slept well at all.
“You okay? You look really tired.”
She yawns, rubbing her eyes with her hoof before she sits up on the couch.
>Yeah, I couldn't sleep much last night. Kept thinking. About stuff. But I'm fine to get goin', whenever you want. That sword isn't gonna get itself back.
>>
>>27875520
No. We definitely aren't going to make her leave while she's tired. Get her to bed this instant, snuggle up and wait until she's asleep. If we can free ourselves from the embrace we can either try the ring again, wait, or see about getting the sword back, otherwise let's just enjoy the moment and nap with her
>>
>>27875739
We do have a second weapon after all.
>>
>>27875739
Nuh-uh. Nope, you weren't having any of that.
“Misty, if you're tired, you need to go to bed. After all of the stuff that you've had to deal with, you deserve it.”
>But-
“No buts allowed. I will carry you to your bed if you don't come with me.”
>You wouldn't dare!
“Wanna bet?”
She lays back down on the couch and looks away from you. Not getting off the hook that easy.
>Bet you wouldn't even do i- oof!
You lift her up onto your back so that she's laying across your back. You then begin to carry her to her room, stomping the whole way. She starts to giggle.
>Heh, you really are crazy, aren't you?
“Nope. Just stubborn.”
You trot into her room and let her get off your back and onto the bed. You lay the blanket over her body before snuggling in beside her.
>Ch-Chance?
“If you have any objections just say the word.”
Silence. That's what you thought.
You embrace her once more pulling her into a hug that she gladly accepts, smiling widely. She yawns again.
>I-I'm not tired, I swear.
“Just go to sleep, Misty, geez.”
>But-
She pauses, her breathing getting a little slower.
>I'm not... I swear...
And that's the last thing you hear out of her before she dozes off again.
>>
>>27876007
Let's lok around the house. Get a feel for what is stored where and what all she has.
>>
>>27876321
A general layout of her home would be much appreciated.
>>
>>27876321
>>27876382
As much as you'd never ever want this moment to end, you might as well look around the house. You've never really had a chance to do so in the past, so what better time than the present? You slither out of the bed as stealthily as you can to not disrupt her slumber. Inside her room was just a footlocker placed fittingly at the foot of the bed, and a closet. You decide to not be a total creep and refrain from checking these.
Exiting her room and closing the door behind you, you head down the hallway to your left, to where her kitchen, along with the guest room, reside. The kitchen really wasn't much of a kitchen at all. It was really just a room with shelves lined with herbs and meat, along with a cooking pot in the middle. You couldn't Identify any of the herbs, however, as you really didn't know much about plants or cooking. Misty's gonna have to show you how she makes her soup some time. You noticed that there was only one jar on one of the shelves, filled with a strange dust-like substance. You put it back on the shelf, and head back down the hallway to the living room.
The living room had the door that lead out of the house, along with the door to Misty's room. It also connected to the vault door room via a cramped hallway. The only thing that was notable about the vault room was a small storage room to the side. Deciding she probably wouldn't mind of you looked, you walk into the vault room and open the door to the storage area. Inside was a massive room, filled with shelves upon shelves of scavenged metal parts, crystals and other miscellaneous items. Looking to your left, right beside the door, you see a small wooden chest. Your curiosity brings you to open it, revealing five cloth bags inside, all marked with tags saying “$100” on them. You lift one up and shake it, bringing the sound of clinking bits to your ears.
No wonder she wanted this place kept secret.
>>
>>27876548
She's been quite the busy little mare. She just might bevthe single most well off pony in this bowl. If she's such the tinkerer she should have a workshop or somewhere where she keeps her tools. I'm guessing this is the room. I bet she could make a sword or multiple swords!

It's really nice to know all of the house and where everything is even if a rough map sometime would be awsome.
>>
>>27876548
Let's check out the ancient room thing where we found the ring.
>>
>>27876623
I just realized that's not much of a suggestion. Let's go to the kitchen before realizing that we either don't know how to cook or we don't remember. Spend the time until Misty wakes up resting and thinking on the couch. I noticed how she keeps saying not to talk about thing or how she doesn't want to think about it. She's probably done her best to seal herself away and forget the nightmares that are outside.
>>
>>27876854
>>27876859
She must have a workshop or something in this room somewhere. She might be the single most well off pony in this forsaken city.
You close the chest and begin to walk out of the room. You debate going to the anchient room, but remember how loud the door is. It would certainly wake her up if you tried to open it, so you decide to try it another time when there's less of a possibility of interrupting her sleep.
Seriously. The damn thing needs WD-40 or something.
You go back to the kitchen again before you realize that if you knew how to cook at some point, the amnesia took that liberty away from you. How annoying. You go back to the couch and lay down. Not much left to do but wait till Misty gets up. You think for a bit about her. About what you'll do when you leave with her. She deserved so much better than this, and you know it. She deserves to find out what happened to her friend.
You're kind of scared of that, though. There's no way her friend would be the same after all of those years in that place...
You perish the thought. Because honestly, you'd rather not think about that right now.
You lay on the couch staring at the ceiling for who knows how long before you hear the door open. You look over to see her standing there, smiling.
>G'morning.
>>
>>27877186
You sleep well? I was going to say "Morning Sleeping Beauty" but I already used that joke yesterday. So what's for breakfast, I was going to make us some but I forgot how to cook aswell.
>>
>>27877186
Good morning to you too. Ready to do stuff?
>>
>>27877481
>>27877584
“G'morning! I was gonna say “Morning, sleeping beauty”, but I used that one already.”
She just smiles and rolls her eyes.
“I was gonna make some breakfast for us, but then I realized that I have no idea how to cook.”
>Ah, that's fine. One day I'll teach ya. Be right back, gonna heat up the leftovers from last time.
She disappears into the kitchen, and the morning routine follows. You eat the delicious soup, you gear up, you prepare for the day. Having no weapon made you feel odd, but you were hoping that it wouldn't take long to get your sword back.
“Ready to do stuff?”
>Ready as I'll ever be.
You make it to the fridge blocking the entry and push it out of your way, as always.
And who should be waiting on the other side but Phil. Again. Only this time, he was standing in front of your sword. You look at him with a confused look. He sighs.
>So I'm a bit of a stalker, I guess. But there's something I gotta talk with you about.
“And that is?”
>There's a friend of mine named Peach Rift that lives a couple blocks away from Pete's place, by the shore. I haven't heard from her in a while and I want you to check up on her.
“And you're asking us, of all ponies?”
>Look, this is important to me. All I'm doing is asking. I'd do it myself, but it's too close to Pete's place, and I am positive that if I get too close to anyone affiliated with him, they'll kill me on sight. I've been a real cunt to you ponies, and I'm aware of that. All I ask is that you consider it.
>>
>>27877782
Wait. Is he holding our sword? Or are we holding our sword to him? I thought we lost it.

If he found it, then we should do this for him in return and check his friend. We're not gonna lose another pony again.
>>
>>27877782
Well... as long as you think she won't kill us on sight we'll go see. What does she look like? And thanks for the sword, I guess.

Damn I wish I had a quip for Phil right now.
>>
>>27877824
>he was standing in front of your sword.
We've been looking far an excuse to go over there anyway. Thanks for retrieving our sword.
>>
>>27877824
>>27877856
>>27877870

[1/2]

You reach over and pick the sword up off the ground, sliding it into the sheath. You've already seen a fair bit of ponies die, so a chance to save one is an offer you'll have no problems accepting.
“Well, as long as you know she won't try to kill us on sight, we'll go see.”
>Oh, she won't, don't worry. She might even try to hug you or somethin'.
“Well, in any case, thanks for getting the sword. What does she look like?”
>She's very, very pink. Pink mane, pink coat, pink eyes, pink everything. The door to her house is pink, too. I think she dyed herself that way, though. Very strange pony, but she's my friend.
“We'll keep that in mind. Thank you.”
>Yeah. I'll probably be back here in a couple hours. Thanks.
He walks off once again. Off to call more ponies cunts, you presume. You walk down the rubble pile once again and start your journey to the shore. You pass by Will's place once again. There's no door on the entrance anymore, and the sign is unpowered and unlit. Maybe the place really was abandoned. You skip over the place, however. You have much more pressing matters at hand. After a long bit of walking you turn the corner to see a gigantic brick building a couple blocks away from you. From here, it looks like some sort of prison, with a large gated area in the front. There's a gated off area in the front, two ponies guarding the only entrance.
Luckily, you weren't going there just yet, as you notice a typical suburban house on the corner with a pink door. It's miraculously well maintained for being in the apocalypse. You walk up to it and knock thrice.
“Anyone home?”
>Come on in!
>>
>>27878135
Well, that was... welcoming? You look over to Misty, and she shrugs as you both walk into the house. The hallway you walk into is full of packed up, unlabeled boxes. The flamboyant mare walks out of a room to the right and looks over. She smiles and waves, her long straight hair covering most of her face. Even behind the hair, you noticed she had a nosebleed. She starts to slowly walk over to you.
>Hello there! How are you fine ponies doing this morning?
>>
>>27878139
Have we suddenly gone color blind?
>>
>>27878139
We are doing fine, but are you ok?
>>
>>27878139
Hello! Phil told me to check in on you, see if you are ok. So... are ya doing alright? Lots of bad things going on recently yaknow? You seem to have a nosebleed.
>>
>>27878139
"Hello there miss. Are you alright? Your nose doesn't look to good."

I really want to add Phil as a companion and invite him into Misty's home. He seems like he knows the layout of the general area, where to go, and where not to go. I don't want him to die by us neglecting him either.

Of course we'll have to ask Misty about it first.
>>
>>27878296
I kinda like him as that weird old hobo that just kinda shows every now and then to ask us to do something, cuss at us, and by all rights should be dead but never dies.
>>
>>27878327
We should at least let him live in our shack outside. He could be that guy who brings in occasional junk and things.
>>
>>27878202
>>27878242
>>27878249
>>27878296
You're gonna end up colour blind from all of the pink around you.
“We're fine, thanks. Phil told us to come check on you, and with all the bad stuff going on lately, I'm not surprised. Are you alright? Your nose doesn't look so good. As in, it's bleeding.”
She lifts a hoof up to her nose, catching the blood on her hoof. She shrugs and licks it off.
>It happens. Phil sent you over? Aww, he's such a sweetheart!
Really.
>But he hangs around the wrong kinda ponies! If he hung out with me more, I bet he'd be less of a crotchety old ass. But I like him anyway! He's got potential!
“Yeah... that's great. So you're fine? Not turning into any black monster or anything?”
>Not last time I checked, nope!
“Well, I suppose we better get going. Just don't drink any tap water, alright? It's probably the worst decision you could ever make.”
>Sure, sure, don't worry! Have a nice day, guys!
“You too.”
You walk out of her house, and she slams the door behind you.
Misty looks toward you with a confused look.
>Is it just me, or was she a little too happy?
>>
>>27878592
I don't think there are many sane ponies left.
>>
>>27878592
"I think she's going heavy on multiple types of drugs or something. But hey, I bet anyone would drop that low to get away from the reality of the situation."
>>
>>27878592
Why did we leave? I wanted to talk.
>>
>>27878627
>>27878674
“She's probably doing multiple types of heavy drugs. Either that or she's not all there. Honestly though, I'm sure lots of ponies would stoop that low just to escape from reality.”
>Yeah, it's kinda sad, isn't it?
“Mhmm.”
Suddenly, the door swings open again.
>Hey guys! Uhh, where are you planning on going? Back to Phil, I hope!
“We might. Why?”
>I kinda wanna go see him, you know? I was gonna go see him later after you guys left, but then I remembered that traveling by yourself is a horrendously idiotic idea! So, would you mind if I tag along with you guys for a bit? I really have nothing to bring with me, and I'll try not to be too much of a burden on you!
You can see her pleading eyes digging into your soul.

Really weird place to stop, sorry, but this has already been going on for a while.
Bump the thread and I'll try to go again tomorrow, thanks for playing.
>>
>>27878912
Sure. So, Peachy, tell me about yourself.
>>
>>27878912
Sure, we'll lead you there. Don't tell anyone the location though.

Anyways, how did you meet Phil?
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27880432
>>
bump to the top
>>
>>27880963
>>
Running soon.
>>
>>27883738
Sweet.
>>
>>27878959
>>27879113

[1/2]

Well, it couldn't hurt, could it?
“Sure, we can lead you there. Only you have to promise you won't tell anyone about the location. Deal?”
>Yup! Fine with me!
And with that, the strange and ecstatic mare joins you on your walk back to Phil. On the way back, you thought you might break the silence and ask Peach something.
“So, Peachy, why not tell us a bit about yourself?”
>Well, there's not much to tell! My good friend Philip has been there since the beginning, and helped me through a lot of rough stuff. There's not much I remember outside of this place, now that I think about it. Anyway, I try to keep my nose out of ponies' business, but I usually do anyway. I have no cutiemark because I haven't found my special talent and I think it's highly possible that I never will! That's about the gist of it, really.
You get the feeling that was a pretty evasive answer, but you don't think too much of it.
“And how did you meet Phil?”
>Oh, Phil and I go way back.
A silence fills the air. You expect her to follow that up with something, but she doesn't say a word. Misty shoots you a confused look as Peach carries on, humming and smiling as she walks. She's either too drugged out to notice that she's acting this way, or she's being evasive on purpose. You don't like the sound of either of these scenarios. You finally reach the shack. You see Phil poke his head outside the door, and you swear whatever drugs Peach is on rubbed off on you. Because for the first time, you see a smile creep onto his exhausted face.
>Peachy!
>Philly!
Philly? Really?
>>
>>27884146
The two trot towards each other and wrap their legs around them, pulling them into a tight and strong-looking hug. It was honestly kinda cute to watch, and gave you an odd feeling that you hadn't experienced yet on this journey. The two ponies finally let go of each other, and start to walk toward you. Phil catches himself smiling like a gleeful idiot and straightens his face, reforming it into that familiar look of disinterest you're used to seeing.
>Thanks, guys. This meant a lot to me.
>>
>>27884150
Why don't you tell us your story, Phil? It's always a pleasure to meet ponies who aren't homicidal.
>>
>>27884241
Also ask Peach about that place next to her house. Trying to get a feel for the neighborhood, yaknow?
>>
>>27884241
>>27884280
“You're welcome, Phil. Now, there's a few questions I'd love to ask you two.”
>I suppose I'm in your debt now, huh. Carry on, then.
“First question is for Peach.”
>Reporting for duty.
“What's that giant building is by your house?”
>Oh, that's Pete's stronghold, it's the only half-civilized place here! Which isn't that hard to believe, actually. We don't exactly have any shops around here, unless they're at Pete's.
Misty speaks up.
>Been in there only a couple times. If you plan on buying stuff, that's the place to do it.
“I'll keep that in mind. I also got a question for you, Phil. What's your story? Not a lot of ponies around here are friendly enough to hold a conversation with.”
>My story is boring and rather run of the mill, but in short, I hated my parents. Because of this, I ran away from home at a very young age. Then I got kidnapped by some mystery ponies and next thing I know I'm in this shitty subway station. I floated around the city a bit until I found Will, who took me in and made me a part of his group. Eventually I got promoted to one of the main leaders of this part of the city. It was around this time I met Peach. She was one of, if not the only pony left who was still legitimately happy with life. I got to learn a lot about her, and as stupid as it sounds, maybe I learned a bit about myself in the process. So I started fucking up intentionally until I got out of Will's shit. And now, I've never been happier.
Peach smiles widely, giving him another hug.
>See? Total sweetheart!
>>
>>27884478
Do you know if Will's place has been abandoned?
>>
>>27884478
It's nice to know not everything here is awful.

>>27884534
Yeah, it seemed jacked up when we passed by.

Hmmm, I'm starting to notice a theme. Many here were kidnapped and some are blank-flanks.
>>
>>27884534
>>27884659
“I'm sure he is. It's nice to know this place isn't all gloomy. Anyway, Phil, do you know what happened to Will's place?”
>I've honestly been avoiding it. Why do you ask, what's going on?
“I've walked by it a few times, and it looks like it's either been completely abandoned or robbed. I suppose you wouldn't have any idea why, would you?
>Not really. Will isn't one to let himself get robbed, I know that much at least. I know he likes to move a lot, though. If that ends up being the case, I'm glad he's moved further away from here. I'd stay away from it personally, but maybe he left some things behind that are worth taking. But enough about that, what are you planning on doing now? There's still half a day left, after all.
>>
>>27884822
We just might check it out. Think he might've trapped it?
>>
>>27884879
“We just might check the place out. Think he might've set traps in it?”
>Doubt it. He doesn't seem like the type of pony that would set up traps in random places. I'd still keep my guard up, though.
“I'll try not to get killed. Thanks for the info.”
>No, thank you.
And so, the couple retreats into the shack. As you walk to Will's, you can hear them talking and laughing. It felt good to bring two ponies together like that. He obviously cares about her very much, even if he didn't want to show it.
You reach Will's in record time, and slowly walk up to the door frame. The inside of the building was extremely dark. Even with light flooding in from outside, it was still very difficult to see. Thankfully, however, you brought your headlight along with you.
You turn on your light, an begin your search. Hopefully what you find will be less nightmare inducing than last time you tried exploring.

That's it for today. Don't bump it, I'll be out of it for a while.
Thanks for playing.
>>
>>27885250
Thanks for running, I love this quest and can't wait to see it back.
>>
>>27885250
Do you think you could do some sort of Q&A with your quest some time? Just general questions about the quest. Not anything game changing.

It'd be nice to know more about what we're getting ourselves into.
>>
>>27885435
Thanks.
>>27885494
Next thread would probably work best.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.